• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 28, 2014, 11:54:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he planted a seed of suggestion in some simpleton's head, and he or she calls in soon claiming to have been Adam or Eve.  Or maybe even Goliath.  I'd love to hear his take on getting taken out by a scrawny shepherd boy with a sling and a stone.  That had to be embarrassing.

Ha ha!  Very good point.  There are always a few phoning in and grilling the guest with verbatim 'facts' you can only hear on Coast.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 07, 2008, 08:29:14 PM
What's that sucking sound?  I thought to myself as I tuned in to an obscure AM station.  Is it static?  I adjusted the dial.  Definitely coming from a specific location on the dial.  Some kind of rotating magnetic drums used in the Philadelphia Experiment perhaps? I lay my head on the pillow, wondering what was going on.  Everything had changed.  Everything was about to suck.

The above is a Personal Flashback, shared by many.  It's on the edge of becoming an archetype in our shared collective consciousness.

What a horrible thing in which to participate.

Reminds me of when I went to see "The Phantom Menace" on opening day...

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 28, 2014, 11:59:39 AM
Welcome to the clinic.  If you want to step up the therapy check out the thread called Jorch's Eye Pad ...

And be careful to pace yourself with said Eye Pad thread.  Excessive use may cause fits of uncontrollable laughter.

NowhereInTime

1651 pages of sworn testimony documenting Dave Noory's outright suckage. 
May this record be preserved for Eternity so that those who come after us will never forget the one true Universal Truth:

George Noory Sucks.

NoMoreNoory

Thanks for mentioning the Eye Pad. Took me back there for the first time in a good while. Splendid as ever.
I liked Linda Godfrey last night - considering buying her book - and Joorch managed to get a half-decent segment out of it, though it was a fairly easy by-the-numbers process for him.
"[insert name of creature here]. Wozzat all about?"
"Linda, tell us about [insert name of creature here]"
etc.

zeebo

Quote from: MTB on August 28, 2014, 02:03:48 AM
My radio developed a bit of static...was it my imagination or was he threatening to drop her? And could he just shut up and let her talk? He's more disjointed than usual tonight.

There was something wrong it seemed with her phone, but hard to say since c2c also had all kinds of problems with their lines during the call-in segement.  In any case I thought it was pretty uncool the way Noory blamed Ms. Godfrey after her line failed, saying "Maybe you panicked", whatever that meant. 

I mean what a jerk, he just throws her under the bus at the first sign of trouble when she was actually a pretty good guest and c2c had their own tech issues.  She seemed pretty nice and had some entertaining crypto-info to talk about, in spite of Noory's generic 3x5 questions "What about werewolves?" .. "Now what's this about mermaids?" .. "You've got a story about big birds right?", etc.

wr250

Quote from: zeebo on August 28, 2014, 04:53:30 PM
There was something wrong it seemed with her phone, but hard to say since c2c also had all kinds of problems with their lines during the call-in segement.  In any case I thought it was pretty uncool the way Noory blamed Ms. Godfrey after her line failed, saying "Maybe you panicked", whatever that meant. 

I mean what a jerk, he just throws her under the bus at the first sign of trouble when she was actually a pretty good guest and c2c had their own tech issues.  She seemed pretty nice and had some entertaining crypto-info to talk about, in spite of Noory's generic 3x5 questions "What about werewolves?" .. "Now what's this about mermaids?" .. "You've got a story about big birds right?", etc.
so unlike some other guests that get dumped over imaginary phone trouble, real phone trouble keeps you on?

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on August 28, 2014, 04:59:42 PM
so unlike some other guests that get dumped over imaginary phone trouble, real phone trouble keeps you on?

The Jorch works in mysterious ways.

Rico999

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 27, 2014, 10:17:18 PM
I like LMH because she only reports what she is told while out on assignment.  She doesn't start fabricating stuff or make inferences or report on her own opinions.  What's more, when she is conducting her interviews, she doesn't ask leading questions but instead merely reflects back the words and phrasing used by the person she's interviewing.  Some call it boring.  I call it the only real journalism that happens on Coast to Coast.

You've got that right!  LMH is indeed a real reporter.   

Rico999

Quote from: ZHero on August 28, 2014, 01:16:27 AM
I'm just waiting for Morbid-George to ask about the bird that almost carried the little boy off;

George- "Do you think it would have eaten him?  Dismembered him? Fed him to its chicks?"
I bet George gets wood.

He's a sick fuck, no doubt about it.  And stupid and a megalomaniac to boot.  Not a good combination...

Rico999

One general comment about last night's show is that I find Dr. Weiss one of the most compelling guests that's ever been on the program.  His research, case histories and the credibility that he brings to the table on the topic of reincarnation is what Coast is really all about -- despite George's bumbling interview style.  (Did anyone notice he called New Braunfels, TX, "New Brownsfel?")

Nebraska888

Quote from: Rico999 on August 28, 2014, 06:41:45 PM
One general comment about last night's show is that I find Dr. Weiss one of the most compelling guests that's ever been on the program.  His research, case histories and the credibility that he brings to the table on the topic of reincarnation is what Coast is really all about -- despite George's bumbling interview style.  (Did anyone notice he called New Braunfels, TX, "New Brownsfel?")

I enjoyed Dr. Weiss.......his credibility will be validated once we have definitive proof of reincarnation......whenever or however that will transpire.

zeebo

I'm surprised David Paulides is back on with Noory, after the previous bungled interview which was followed later by DP's comment on Knapp's show that he appreciated his professionalism (an apparent oblique crack at Noory).

Date:    08-28-14
Host:    George Noory
Guests:    Linda Moulton Howe, David Paulides

Earthfiles investigative reporter, Linda Moulton Howe, will discuss the continuing West Coast die-off of sea stars ...

First Hour: David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, talks about unexplained disappearances in National Parks ...

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on August 28, 2014, 07:27:47 PM
I'm surprised David Paulides is back on with Noory, after the previous bungled interview which was followed later by DP's comment on Knapp's show that he appreciated his professionalism (an apparent oblique crack at Noory).

Earthfiles investigative reporter, Linda Moulton Howe, will discuss the continuing West Coast die-off of sea stars ...

First Hour: David Paulides, a former lawman turned investigative journalist, talks about unexplained disappearances in National Parks ...

Could this be due to a lack of guests? At some point even the hacks will realize that the once great C2C will not draw book sales and "event" ticket sales for their products as it has in the past when it had bigger numbers, real open lines, and a host that tried.

Rico999

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 28, 2014, 07:05:50 PM
I enjoyed Dr. Weiss.......his credibility will be validated once we have definitive proof of reincarnation......whenever or however that will transpire.

Clearly, "proof" in the 1st person isn't possible if you're still a living, breathing human.   In any case,  what I meant was that Weiss has an impressive CV and his clinical work provides compelling evidence to support his hypothesis.  In other words, the guy's doing real science.  In that respect, he's credible. 

albrecht

Quote from: Rico999 on August 28, 2014, 08:25:35 PM
Clearly, "proof" in the 1st person isn't possible if you're still a living, breathing human.   In any case,  what I meant was that Weiss has an impressive CV and his clinical work provides compelling evidence to support his hypothesis.  In other words, the guy's doing real science.  In that respect, he's credible.
Yes, as did John Mack. But that doesn't mean they are not talking with crazy people. Though I did like how he said that most people were "normal" and peasants and stuff. And not everyone was Napoleon, Cleopatra, Julius Cesar, etc. That itself makes it seem, at least, more legit because if reincarnation was true the chances are you are just a regular joe-blow in a past life. I don't buy it, but I'm sure some believe it for sure and would likely pass lie-detectors, hypnosis, etc. Doesn't mean it is true but they believe it. George buying it however, took it down some notches in my book. Thing worth mentioning is that many millions believe it in other cultures.

The first time I heard him, I think he was on with Knapp.  It was something new and I thought it was the best show I had heard in a very long time.  Before long they had him on again and he was still pretty good.  The third time I was starting to question his reports.  I can't remember if there was a fourth time but they do seem to be recycling him a lot and I'm starting to find his schtick getting a little thin.  Even a good guest can get old if he brings the same story over and over.

WOTR

Quote from: Rico999 on August 28, 2014, 06:41:45 PM
I promise to listen if he comes back and another host interviews.  I had my fill of Noory this week in the few minutes that I endured him.

It is really too bad- I often wonder how many good guests get dismissed or have a limited audience due to the host.  This is a case where I would likely tune in (a good recommendation often means it is at least worth checking out.)  However, it is not in the tarot cards.

WOTR

I would think that Noory has some pull with Coast and booking guests.  He has read that Paulides is good and a popular guest (likely while browsing here during his shows.)  He demands that if DP wants any air play on Coast that he will split his time and do weekday shows in addition to ones with Knapp.

Anybody who thinks that George is above such things may wish to think back to some of the guests who dared be interviewed by Art on "Dark Matter."  He is competitive and egotistical and if a guest is seen as good and he can phone in a show while getting positive reviews he will demand they appear with him.

Morgus

I'm surprised David Paulides is back on with Noory
Noory seems to poach the best guests from the weekend hosts when he discovers they get good ratings...

michio

Georgie was talking about using heavy weaponry not seen since 1945 to deal with the ISIS threat.  Here's a small preview of what sNoory would bring to world peace.

[attach=1]

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 28, 2014, 10:08:32 PM
....Even a good guest can get old if he brings the same story over and over.

Yeah he just mentioned that Crater Lake case again, for like the third or fourth time.  Each time it's losing a bit of impact.

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on August 28, 2014, 11:17:28 PM
...He demands that if DP wants any air play on Coast that he will split his time and do weekday shows in addition to ones with Knapp. ... Anybody who thinks that George is above such things may wish to think back to some of the guests who dared be interviewed by Art on "Dark Matter."  ...

Quote from: Morgus on August 28, 2014, 11:31:51 PM
Noory seems to poach the best guests from the weekend hosts when he discovers they get good ratings...

I didn't really think about this, but yeah, I would not be at all surprised if this was true.  I try to not be a completely raving anti-Noory hater, but I'm running out of reasons not to be.

Quote from: zeebo on August 28, 2014, 11:38:53 PM
Yeah he just mentioned that Crater Lake case again, for like the third or fourth time.  Each time it's losing a bit of impact.

Agreed he is a great guest, but it is pointless to have him on over and over again with the same exact stories. Give it some time so he can do a full four hours and get some new stories.

Designx

I'm starting to think the missing/dead persons in the national parks are the result of ecoterrorists who see the park land as their domain and home and view any humans from the outside as a threat to them and the land.

michio

I can handle David Paulides just fine, even if some of what he says is repeated information.  It's the idiotic, "you never know" diarrhea brain farts host I have a difficult time contending with.

NoMoreNoory

Noory playing Delilah to introduce LMH? Really? Just when you thought he couldn't get any creepier.

George Drooly

Quote from: michio on August 28, 2014, 11:35:35 PM
Georgie was talking about using heavy weaponry not seen since 1945 to deal with the ISIS threat.  Here's a small preview of what sNoory would bring to world peace.

[attach=1]

And then five years from now he would have the shameless gall to say he "was never in favor of dropping the bombs" just like he says he "was never in favor of going into Iraq".

But then Art did the same thing after 9/11. All these sissy armchair hosts cried for their mothers like the babies they are after the towers fell, demanding we "get these guys" (to paraphrase Bell) but then years later with a militarized police state, etc. they waffle. They're all pussies.

Personally, I think we should pave the surface of the earth from Egypt to Ukraine and see how nice a place the world suddenly is to live in. That area has been nothing but trouble since day one; it will NEVER get better, unless we can drop an infertility bomb.