Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: MisguideThem on August 20, 2014, 11:38:17 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I will be the first to say "welcome, and post often."

I sympathize somewhat.  I know just how far the show has fallen and rarely tune in.  This year I left a pub on Halloween at the same time as a friend and recommended he tune into "ghost to ghost" as he had never heard of Coast and I (mistakenly) thought it might be good as a Halloween special.  He got in his car and I got in mine driving our separate ways.

I listened for half an hour on the way home and realized that I owed him an apology.  I was embarrassed for George- but also for myself.  To think that a friend honestly believes that I tune into the modern day "George hosted" Coast is embarrassing given what he heard and knew that I had subjected him to. 

Did your wife ever forgive you for your cruelty, or does she still harbour a deep resentment?

Nick el Ass

The guest was talking about a case in which a man paid another man to kill him, and make it look like a murder for insurance purposes. She laid the whole case out, and good ol' Neorge followed it up by asking "Ok, here is the all important question... why did he do it?" The poor lady didn't skip a beat in saying once again for insurance. Neorge is a buffoon, and if they want to talk about murders then they need to interview him on his ability to kill a once great show with no ramifications.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I don't understand how so many people say that George sNoory puts them to sleep. I live on the East Coast, so I put the show on to try to put me to sleep, but I invariably hear something within the first ten minutes (so, you know, by 1:20AM, because the show always starts at least 9 minutes after it's supposed to) that sends me into a blind, seething rage, no matter how drunk I am. I then spend the next 30-60 minutes frothing, trying to call in, but they're never accepting shows. I eventually give up and just pass out, with the sleep process thankfully wiping away most of my rage. All I wind up left with is a hangover and the knowledge that I hate c2c more, but I can't remember why.

Twice, I've gotten through to the show, and twice I've been dumped, presumably for making too much sense. The last time, Tommy and I actually had a good banter before he put me through, which I appreciated. But I can't get past the fact that I look like an asshole, because I used to listen to the Art Bell c2c before I joined the Navy for 8 years, and lost track of everything in the real. Once I told my wife (a medium) that there was a show that treated people like her seriously, she was intrigued and excited. Of course, I didn't realize that Art Bell was gone by then, and replaced by this George sNoory, who routinely avoided even the most softball of questions and corrections. My wife suffered this show for almost a week before she confronted me about how this show was crap. I finally found a few episodes of Art Bell's Coast To Coast, at which point we were both depressed at how such an amazing show had declined so far.

And yet, as much as I hate George, and how far this show has fallen... I can't help but listen, and hope that someone gets past Tommy and tells George off. I keep listening out of hate, knowing that he's getting ratings, but I can't stop myself. I just wish this show would get back to the way it was.

So... tl;dr, is Art Bell still doing some sort of show? Or is there a show like the old Art Bell c2c that I can listen to?

Indeed Noory does suck. No art Bell show on right now. He did do a short lived Dark matter show on Sirius if you don't know about it.

This is the torrent you need for Art Bell Shows WilleDee made it for us with fellow bellgabbers. it does not include the last few months of somewhere in Time Shows, but is a collection of all known Bell shows available including Dark matter.
http://kickass.to/the-ultimate-art-bell-collection-t9013613.html

Art has a two year non compete clause with Sirius. It expires in about 11 months, in July of 2015. He stated he will return on Keith Rowlands Dark matter Network Found at the following link. This network runs 24/7 so check it out if you wish.
http://darkmatterradio.net/

As far as shows like Art Bell there is no consensus on which shows are good. There are plenty of shows that are of same genere. There is Fade to Black (on DMRN) Dark Weekend (also on DRMN), some people like Clyde Lewis's Ground Zero (http://www.groundzeromedia.org/) or John B Well's caravan to midnight (subscription based http://caravantomidnight.com/). There are plenty of others as well.

MisguideThem

Quote from: wotr1 on August 21, 2014, 12:29:50 AM
Did your wife ever forgive you for your cruelty, or does she still harbour a deep resentment?

To this day, she still gives me shit about the show, and for me ever introducing her to it.  :(

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 21, 2014, 01:04:36 AM
Indeed Noory does suck. No art Bell show on right now. He did do a short lived Dark matter show on Sirius if you don't know about it.

This is the torrent you need for Art Bell Shows WilleDee made it for us with fellow bellgabbers. it does not include the last few months of somewhere in Time Shows, but is a collection of all known Bell shows available including Dark matter.
http://kickass.to/the-ultimate-art-bell-collection-t9013613.html

Art has a two year non compete clause with Sirius. It expires in about 11 months, in July of 2015. He stated he will return on Keith Rowlands Dark matter Network Found at the following link. This network runs 24/7 so check it out if you wish.
http://darkmatterradio.net/

As far as shows like Art Bell there is no consensus on which shows are good. There are plenty of shows that are of same genere. There is Fade to Black (on DMRN) Dark Weekend (also on DRMN), some people like Clyde Lewis's Ground Zero (http://www.groundzeromedia.org/) or John B Well's caravan to midnight (subscription based http://caravantomidnight.com/). There are plenty of others as well.

Thank you! I had tried searching for a good compendium of his works, but you have provided the goods. I shall make sure to educate her on the goodness that she missed out on.  :D

zeebo

... I invariably hear something within the first ten minutes (so, you know, by 1:20AM, because the show always starts at least 9 minutes after it's supposed to) that sends me into a blind, seething rage, no matter how drunk I am....

Oh man, can I relate.  Often his misfires are tragically comical, and entertaining in a twisted way, but at least once a night he says something I find so exasperating that it negates my mellow buzz.  It's like an instant shot of some kind of evil Red Bull.

George Drooly

"Icelantic"

Is that somewhere near the Specific Oshun, George?

Scully

Quote from: Nick el Ass on August 21, 2014, 01:01:24 AM
The guest was talking about a case in which a man paid another man to kill him, and make it look like a murder for insurance purposes. She laid the whole case out, and good ol' Neorge followed it up by asking "Ok, here is the all important question... why did he do it?" The poor lady didn't skip a beat in saying once again for insurance. Neorge is a buffoon, and if they want to talk about murders then they need to interview him on his ability to kill a once great show with no ramifications.

I heard that, too, and once again wondered if, by some stretch of the imagination, Simple George is really NOT a total moron, then WHAT is it he's doing to make him miss the point of the story so often?

Could it possibly be terminal ADD???  >:(

Juan Cena

Apparently the Americans who contacted the Ebola virus that Noory didn't want brought back to the US have recovered at the CDC.

http://news.yahoo.com/hospital-discuss-discharge-ebola-patients-100148319.html

And Snorge wanted them to die in Africa.

What a sick, sad, paranoid person.

I make an assumption that these 'insiders' are ok with this?
[attachimg=1]

Interestingly the one on the left looks like the ice cream man that drives by my house on Wednesday.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on August 21, 2014, 07:01:52 AM
[attachimg=1]

Interestingly the one on the left looks like the ice cream man that drives by my house on Wednesday.
See any tall, creepy looking guys per chance?

Gemstone

Quote from: MisguideThem on August 21, 2014, 01:14:34 AM
To this day, she still gives me shit about the show, and for me ever introducing her to it.  :(

Thank you! I had tried searching for a good compendium of his works, but you have provided the goods. I shall make sure to educate her on the goodness that she missed out on.  :D
http://redicecreations.com is another.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on August 21, 2014, 07:01:52 AM
[attachimg=1]

I'm willing to bet a quarter that the woman on the right has seen angels, has a cat named George, and is anxiously counting the hours until Lisa Garr's next show.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 21, 2014, 01:54:44 PM
I'm willing to bet a quarter that the woman on the right has seen angels, has a cat named George, and is anxiously counting the hours until Lisa Garr's next show.

I admire the bold decision to add a gritty realism to her photo by including the trash can in the background. Not many people would think to do that.

Mike.

It's that time of the month again for the snoory.

tonight's show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
'Star Trek' & Society
Thu 08-21
Television writer and historian Marc Cushman will discuss the emergence of the TV drama genre during the 1960s with such shows as I Spy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and of course Star Trek. He'll outline the many ways Star Trek changed not only the face of television, but the face of society all over the world.

This will be one of those ultimate shit fests. The same tired old questions re: a subject that might be interesting twice a year provided theirs a knowledgeable host. Chris Hardwic? of the Walking Dead aftershow comes to mind.

McPhallus

Agreed.  The guy on the left is likely a farmer who's a bit overly fond of his sheep, if you catch my drift, and the kid in the middle is likely one of George's unfortunate grand kids.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mike. on August 21, 2014, 02:49:10 PM

tonight's show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
'Star Trek' & Society
Thu 08-21
Quote from: McPhallus on August 21, 2014, 03:12:22 PM
Agreed.  The guy on the left is likely a farmer who's a bit overly fond of his sheep, if you catch my drift, and the kid in the middle is likely one of George's unfortunate grand kids.

Television writer and historian Marc Cushman will discuss the emergence of the TV drama genre during the 1960s with such shows as I Spy, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits and of course Star Trek. He'll outline the many ways Star Trek changed not only the face of television, but the face of society all over the world.

This will be one of those ultimate shit fests. The same tired old questions re: a subject that might be interesting twice a year provided theirs a knowledgeable host. Chris Hardwic? of the Walking Dead aftershow comes to mind.
Any ideas how many times Billy Mumy and "man-loving" aliens will be hashed over by Geeorge again?

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on August 21, 2014, 02:08:04 PM
fixed
[attachimg=1]
Creepy yes but 'ol Angus would tower over a shaking Geeorge, "Boyyyyyyy!"

zeebo

I'm willing to bet a quarter that the woman on the right has seen angels, has a cat 10 cats named George, and is anxiously counting the hours until Lisa Garr's next show.

fixed it

zeebo

...Television writer and historian Marc Cushman will discuss the emergence of the TV drama genre during the 1960s with such shows as ... The Twilight Zone...

Tonite's Noory Phrase forecast: 

"Absolutely.": 90%
"Amazing." : 90%
"It's a cookbook!": 100%

laserjock

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 21, 2014, 02:09:59 PM
Yikes! He's emerging from a portal!

Woa, I see there is another _The Prisoner_ fan here!  The single greatest TV series in English speaking history, way ahead of its time.

ItsOver

Quote from: laserjock on August 21, 2014, 06:59:09 PM
Woa, I see there is another _The Prisoner_ fan here!  The single greatest TV series in English speaking history, way ahead of its time.
Oh yes!  The Prisoner, with one of the best actors ever.  Anybody know if one of the retro-type channels is currently showing the series?

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on August 21, 2014, 05:03:14 PM
Tonite's Noory Phrase forecast: 

"Absolutely.": 90%
"Amazing." : 90%
"It's a cookbook!": 100%
One Noorism which drives me up the wall is "How come?"  He says it in his usual moronic tone, with no real interest, of course. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on August 21, 2014, 07:26:55 PM
One Noorism which drives me up the wall is "How come?"  He says it in his usual moronic tone, with no real interest, of course.

Another Noorism that drives me nuts:  GEESH!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Scully on August 21, 2014, 03:43:04 AM
I heard that, too, and once again wondered if, by some stretch of the imagination, Simple George is really NOT a total moron, then WHAT is it he's doing to make him miss the point of the story so often?

Could it possibly be terminal ADD???  >:(

I really think he has been easily distracted by either shiny things and/or colorful lights while in the studio. After listening last night I noticed there were some weird clicks throughout the entire show... and think they may have given Neorge a toy so he could pretend he was doing something important. There was also a point in which he apparently dropped his cards floor, and one of his questions about Sirhan Sirhan got asked well after they had moved on from the subject of the Robert F. Kennedy assassination. It kind of came from out of nowhere. There was a bit of ass kissing on behalf of the guest too because when Neorge mentioned there was a lot more they could talk about she all, but invited herself back.

Tonight's show will be chock full of suck too with hours of talking about the same Twilight Zone episodes he has talked about nonstop for 10+ years. Maybe we will get some Leave it to Beaver talk thrown in with Neorge lamenting how times have changed then add that a wholesome show like that couldn't make it today.

I really enjoyed the guest last night even though she was brown-nosing Jorch the entire show. She didn't have to do that as the boring regulars do, because the material carried the show. What is wrong with this guy? It wasn't enough that he spent an hour last week savoring the details of Robin Williams death, he had to bring it up AGAIN last night. Unlike the guest last week, the guest last night could provide Ghoulish George with all the morbid details (wrist slitting, when does rigor mortis set in, etc.) he loves so well.

The guest told a very detailed story of a man who went to the ghetto to try and hire someone to murder him for the insurance money. When she finished the story, the Snooron asked: "So why did he do it?" when most of the guest's story was detailing just WHY he had done it. I'm wondering if the Snooron is having memory problems. The other day as he went to a break he said: "this is George"... then a pause, and he tried again. "this is George Noory" came out ok the second time.

aldousburbank

Quote from: At the stroke of midnight on August 21, 2014, 07:59:46 PM
The other day as he went to a break he said: "this is George"... then a pause, and he tried again. "this is George Noory" came out ok the second time.
This sounds like a vast improvement over The George's usual. I haven't listened to doofus for so long. Do you think he's taking speech lessons?

Nebraska888

tonight's show
1am - 5am ET
10pm - 2am PT
'Star Trek' & Society
Thu 08-21

How long do you think it will take Noory to bring up his favorite Twilight Zone episode:  TO SERVE MAN......
God help me!  :o