• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 30, 2014, 06:46:42 AM
I accused Joorch of being intellectually bankrupt and morally reprehensible. I'm an atheist, but it's not that I don't want these things discussed on C2C. I absolutely do, but I want a proper analytical discussion. I don't want Coast repeatedly turned into the God Channel.
Being worried that Coast can become the "God" Channel with guests like this is analogous to worrying that Coast will become the "science" channel if they have Richard. C. Hoagland on too often.

***I do agree that they can leave religion out of most of their shows.  If I want my daily dose I can find it elsewhere and do not need a fool interviewing a nut-job to get it.***

Thought I'd give the Voodoo Lady a listen......   Listening to George talk about Joe Boo from
Major League is surreal

expat

I liked Denise Alvarado's girlish laugh, but I checked and unfortunately she's not a babe. Better in the imagination than in the jpg.

Quote from: expat on July 30, 2014, 04:17:17 PM
I liked Denise Alvarado's girlish laugh, but I checked and unfortunately she's not a babe. Better in the imagination than in the jpg.

Was just about to do that........   Thanks for the heads up.   Better to leave it be than to ruin the illusion!

Morgus

Quote from: expat on July 30, 2014, 04:17:17 PM

pyewacket

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 29, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
Noory is starting to remind me of Count Floyd on the old SCTV show.  "Oh, we've got another classic show coming up.  Stay tuned, kids, it will be good and scary.  <Howls and arches eyebrow>

Howwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

It'll definitely be a howler, that's for sure.

I was thinking along the same lines- forgot about Count Floyd.  ;D I was thinking Svengoolie would make a much better host. LOL

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on July 30, 2014, 05:13:57 PM
I was thinking along the same lines- forgot about Count Floyd.  ;D I was thinking Svengoolie would make a much better host. LOL
Or Soupy Sales' dog.

Quote from: coaster on July 30, 2014, 09:42:29 AM
lol

Dear god.

3 million, weekly.

Down from art's 12 million. Also down from 4.5 million in 2006.

RJ

Tonight's show covers "even having sex".  Is Major Uptight George interviewing tonight?  Sorry, used the word interviewing and George in the same sentence ...... My bad!

LAM4:2

Quote from: Nick el Ass on July 30, 2014, 08:48:26 AM

There was a whole lot of nervous laughter last night on both sides, and I happened to notice that Ms. Alvarado on her social media page(s) was talking to fans of hers about being on the show, and mentioning they have "like over 230 million listeners!" I found that number odd, and wonder if Noory/Tommy threw it out there... or she just guessed.
more like 2.3 million.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: coaster on July 30, 2014, 09:42:29 AM
lol

I made a comment on one of her pages about being closer to 3 million a week, and she liked it. So my guess is Noory and company led her on which wouldn't be surprising since she seemed to not be a fan of C2C, or what is left anyway. I got a good chuckle out of the whole thing. Tonight should be fun with the topic of sleep since George has been asleep at the wheel of this show for a while now.

Quote from: LAM4:2 on July 30, 2014, 11:32:55 PM
more like 2.3 million.

ART BELL 10 million weekly
With an estimated 10 million listeners, Bell’s show was at the time of his retirement the most listened-to late-night radio program, and fourth overall behind Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and Dr. Laura.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=109935

ART BELL spoke to 10 to 15 million listeners per week, fourth among all talk-show hosts of the era

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/16/art-bell-radios-most-popular-weirdo-returns/

From 1998

The outer limits: A lone voice in the desert lures 10 million listeners.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/the-outer-limits-a-lone-voice-in-the-desert-lures-10-million-listeners/2013/10/28/95615598-3ff6-11e3-9c8b-e8deeb3c755b_story.html

George Noory

2006 Coast to Coast has an estimated 4.5 million listeners
http://archive.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/02/70218

NOW 3 million weekly- he told me in a PM. Also supported by
http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/

Funny george used to have 3.25 a few months ago, so numbers are still going down. Perhaps this is the reason Noory showed up on Bellgab, to get some ideas to turn the ratings around.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 31, 2014, 02:19:43 AM

Funny george used to have 3.25 a few months ago, so numbers are still going down. Perhaps this is the reason Noory showed up on Bellgab, to get some ideas to turn the ratings around.

And let's not forget, though WELLS may have been on the mothership too long, John B said that Nores pulled in only a few hundred thousand on weekdays while the weekend version forged with over a million.

Quote from: Morgus on July 30, 2014, 05:03:37 PM

In her shallow pursuit of looking pretty to strangers online, she has become one of the more unsettling things I've seen this week.

albrecht

Awesome, another "science" guy who very quickly goes into the Hutchison Effect and it was used, no less, than in taking down the twin towers. I googled that hydrogen company that supposedly used a "Symphony 7A process" and produced, "over unity," hydrogen from water and no oxygen. All I can find, like with many of these breakthroughs, were articles that all referenced the same press release that was released by the company. And the scientists names, all Russian sounding, the lack of 3rd party testing, and using company press releases as evidence leads me to believe this is yet another scam. But it would be awesome, of course.

I'm glad there are tinkers, and even mad scientists types, but not if they are just bilking people and not when they make unproven claims and then are afraid of 3rd party testing, getting a patent, and are always raising money so "they" don't stop their work.

Quote from: albrecht on July 31, 2014, 11:19:06 AM
Awesome, another "science" guy who very quickly goes into the Hutchison Effect and it was used, no less, than in taking down the twin towers. I googled that hydrogen company that supposedly used a "Symphony 7A process" and produced, "over unity," hydrogen from water and no oxygen. All I can find, like with many of these breakthroughs, were articles that all referenced the same press release that was released by the company. And the scientists names, all Russian sounding, the lack of 3rd party testing, and using company press releases as evidence leads me to believe this is yet another scam. But it would be awesome, of course.

I'm glad there are tinkers, and even mad scientists types, but not if they are just bilking people and not when they make unproven claims and then are afraid of 3rd party testing, getting a patent, and are always raising money so "they" don't stop their work.

The guests claims defy the laws of physics.  I turned it off after an hour or so.  Another energy reporter who doesn't understand how energy is produced and is taken in by dubious claims.  I'm glad you looked up that particular one.  I was going to but became distracted by other things.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2014, 11:24:32 AM
The guests claims defy the laws of physics.  I turned it off after an hour or so.  Another energy reporter who doesn't understand how energy is produced and is taken in by dubious claims.  I'm glad you looked up that particular one.  I was going to but became distracted by other things.
I just spit up some coffee when a trucker calling in, who hauls gasoline by the way, said he loved these "pure science" shows. Though later he did have some good comments about fly-wheels. They do have uses that aren't bunk fake-science. But the "pure science" comment got me. I also enjoyed he wanted a Tesla car but a "fleet model", "stripped down like a Model-T." Actually not a bad idea to make some kind of basic car, mass produced that would be affordable to the every-day man.

expat

The Rational wiki tells you all you need to know about John Hutchison and Judy Wood.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hutchison_effect
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Judy_Wood

One charlatan, one gold-digger.

Quote from: albrecht on July 31, 2014, 11:44:23 AM
I just spit up some coffee when a trucker calling in, who hauls gasoline by the way, said he loved these "pure science" shows. Though later he did have some good comments about fly-wheels. They do have uses that aren't bunk fake-science. But the "pure science" comment got me. I also enjoyed he wanted a Tesla car but a "fleet model", "stripped down like a Model-T." Actually not a bad idea to make some kind of basic car, mass produced that would be affordable to the every-day man.

I always thought fleet vehicles would be a good place to bring in cleaner engine technology.  I think Elon Musk's idea was to make electric cars sexy before making them available to a wider demographic.

Personally I'm not a big proponent of electric vehicles except for use in urban environments.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 31, 2014, 12:01:29 PM
I always thought fleet vehicles would be a good place to bring in cleaner engine technology.  I think Elon Musk's idea was to make electric cars sexy before making them available to a wider demographic.

Personally I'm not a big proponent of electric vehicles except for use in urban environments.
Yeah, no way I could have one. I also have many questions about the safety and environmental damage long-term of the electric cars, mainly with their batteries when they start to get into accidents, burn, and begin to be disposed of. Fleet vehicles, buses, etc are a good place to try out or use alternative fuels (bio-diesel, propane, etc.)

The Sleep Doctor segment was actually interesting and the guy seemed like an actual doctor, which is strange for modern C2C. Though George, of course, focused on gruesome possibilities like a sleepwalkers jumping out a 10 stories window. And he laughed at medical conditions where someone would attack their wife while asleep. Now he is asking about babies "why they sleep so much?" No mention if lack of sleep would make them "mean babies" though.
-GNS-

Mike.

^I was disappointed that the sleep doc guest was bumped to the back half.

I knew the energy guy was a fraud the moment he mentioned alt medicine at the conference he was hosting/attending. Turned the radio off. Turned it back on intime for his bs take on 9/11.

Morgus

The sleep guy + Noory put me to sleep fast last night... :D

Interesting note.. Clyde Lewis is going a UFO show tonight and opened the program with some commentary about Art Bell and George Noory.. he sort of sarcastically took a few jabs as being the 'opening act' for Coast to Coast and said what makes him different from the 'kingdom' that 'Grandpa Noory' has

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 31, 2014, 08:18:02 PM
Interesting note.. Clyde Lewis is going a UFO show tonight and opened the program with some commentary about Art Bell and George Noory.. he sort of sarcastically took a few jabs as being the 'opening act' for Coast to Coast and said what makes him different from the 'kingdom' that 'Grandpa Noory' has
Hahaha, yes, "the old man who pretends to be interested in the paranormal." :)  Clyde likes to rant and rave at times but, even with his health issues, he at least shows-up most nights.  That's more than can be said about "the one who phones it in."

Juan Cena

If George's comments about the two American Ebola patients says anything, it that he has no clue about now Ebola is spread, or how American medical facilities are multiple times better than most African ones are. Especially where the two patients will be going.