• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan

I have a friend who is a consultant for power companies in the US.  For the past 15-years or so, his consulting has been on system security -whether terrorist hacking, EMP or a Carrington event.  I'm sure he will welcome George's support. I was very surprised to learn that someone was working on this problem before George discovered it.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 22, 2014, 02:18:54 AM
Tuned in at the start of the show and turned it off since I'm over all the fear mongering (Don't go outside! A mosquito will bite you and amoebas will eat your brain!). Now, with 45 mins left in the show, it seems I've missed out because I just turned the radio back on and some guy has made a "dream bot".  I think...

Noory is actually more paranoid than last years worry of don't go swimming- there is a waterborne virus that will kill you scare tactic.

WOTR

Quote from: Juan on July 22, 2014, 04:33:57 AM
I have a friend who is a consultant for power companies in the US.  For the past 15-years or so, his consulting has been on system security -whether terrorist hacking, EMP or a Carrington event.  I'm sure he will welcome George's support. I was very surprised to learn that someone was working on this problem before George discovered it.
So long as he understands that the support will last only until George finds something else to throw all of his support behind (a couple of months tops.)  I would also check your facts as I am pretty sure that George produced an award winning segment on EMP's immediately after he interviewed Hoffa.  He produced the segment because from the time he was five when he pieced together how EMP's work in his mind he had a natural inclination to study them and a yearning to protect America.  When the Navy did not support his research he realized that he would have to find other channels to safeguard the grid and resigned.

Really, I would make it clear to your friend that Noory was the trailblazer on this one and he owes George.  (A good start to repay George would be to become an insider for less than ten cents a day, subscribe to Giam T.V and buy the book that Noory convinced somebody to write so he could put his name on as coauthor and collect some royalties.)

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on July 22, 2014, 12:21:09 AM
Noory: "All government leaders have to do, is stroke the pen."
Hahaha!  Is that like "shock the monkey?"

Beyond Bleef

Overhauling the grid - insulating it or doing whatever is necessary to make it impervious to solar flares and EMPs is long overdue and could be achieved at relatively low cost.  The problem here is Noory.  He has absolutely no credibility.  None. He's a friend and promoter of Alex Jones and countless other hucksters.  No person in their right mind is going to give him the time of day.

ItsOver

Nothing like somebody who pushes the numbers lady and Carnivora to bring the EMP threat to the forefront.  Yeah, Jorch.  You bring real credibility.

michio

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 22, 2014, 12:28:04 AM
I think it's an important issue, but George's over-estimation of his own ability to contribute along with the juxtaposition of his sense of authority and self-importance vs his actual ability to understand the technical details leaves me kind of limp.  It just kind of feels like he's going to try to hitch his wagon to anything that will make a name for himself.  It would be great if he actually were able to pull it off.

It's definitely an important issue and I agree with what you've said.  With the dysfunctional Congress and the budget cuts they're constantly pushing, and the ugly partisan politics trumping what's best for the country and people, an EMP attack/X flare bringing down the grid is probably pretty low on their list of important things to do. They're not able to agree on spending money on such frivolous items as updating the crumbling infrastructure of the nation, for crying out loud, so what does this tell you about the possibility of finding the momentum to protect the rather ancient and dilapidated electrical grid.

I wish the future hero and narcissist best of luck and smooth sailing, but I'd be very surprised if he gets any further than thumping his chest over a bunch of 'get her done' talk, with the result of no action or resolution by those who could make it happen. However, we can rely on Georgie staying on this until the end or until he gets tired of staying with it, whichever comes first.

A quick Google search brought up this failed bill, which from a brief skimming appears to have addressed EMP, large transformer availability, cyberattacks, and so on. I guess Georgie isn't the first to think or try to do something about it, much to his glory-hound chagrin.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr5026/text

AZZERAE

Guys, girls... we're wasting our lives hating George Noory! Doesn't that ever bug you? There's so many great other things to focus on, like how many cool Art Bell shows there are! Just cautioning everybody --

Let's not blink and have missed years of our life on criticizing the many who choked on a pizza roll ffs!!!

It'll all be over in the "click of an eye".

coaster

Noory seems to think hes a hero. What an egomaniac. Fucking goon.

WildCard

I hear you, Azzerae. But, it's not a waste of time if you're having fun.

Rico999

Quote from: ItsOver on July 22, 2014, 05:38:39 AM
Nothing like somebody who pushes the numbers lady and Carnivora to bring the EMP threat to the forefront.  Yeah, Jorch.  You bring real credibility.

That's C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A!   

Protect YOUR immune system from unwanted invaders!

Funniest ad ever! 

yumyumtree

Quote from: Beyond Bleef on July 22, 2014, 05:33:48 AM
Overhauling the grid - insulating it or doing whatever is necessary to make it impervious to solar flares and EMPs is long overdue and could be achieved at relatively low cost.  The problem here is Noory.  He has absolutely no credibility.  None. He's a friend and promoter of Alex Jones and countless other hucksters.  No person in their right mind is going to give him the time of day.
Yes, unfortunately,Steve  Quayle's name came up too. I so don't want this to become branded a nut issue, but am afraid it will be. Maybe they could use part of the billion to pay Jones and Quayle to stay away.

yumyumtree

I think that George(or Tommy) plays oldies for the benefit of oldsters in the audience, not realizing that their tastes may actually be quite diverse, plays newer stuff to look hip, and plays some stuff like Cusco to appeal to people's nostalgia for Art, not realizing that music is the least of the reasons people miss Art.

If we hadn't spent money on crap like Cash for Clunkers and some of our sillier military adventures, maybe we'd have it to address EMP.
I didn't say all military adventures were silly, just some of them.

ziznak

ah man I just listened to the show from i think the 18th? or 19th whatever... it was a friday and boy was jorch on fire!!  I'm sure it was mentioned here but HOOOOOOLEEEEEE shyat!  How about that "jorch saw tommy's brother's ghost" story?

pyewacket

It appears that George wants to be like the real celebrities and media personalities. Most of them have causes that they support and promote- Gary Sinise and his band, Captain Dan raise money for the veterans. Bill O'Reilly has Wounded Warriors. Glenn Beck on one thing or another. People on the right, left or independent all support something they are passionate about. George is looking for a cause, too.

Unlike many of the others, I doubt he will spend a lot of time on it, spend anything out of his own pocket, or bother working with others and groups to promote the cause and fund raise for it. Heck, just call or have someone else call the right people and get it done. Calling attention to it by playing Twilight Zone clips or talking about the Carrington Event, booking gloomy guests to talk about it. Little bother on his part. If the subject does come up in the congress like it has before- well, won't that be something to brag about.

Maybe I'm being too mean and cynical- just tired of it. Need to take a break from C2C- at lease until he forgets about it and moves on to something else.  ::)

Heather Wade

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 21, 2014, 11:15:41 PM
Am I aurally hallucinating? Did he really just make his lead story that ZZ Top - 'they're our pals, of course' - are delaying their tour because Dusty Hill is having surgery to remove kidney stones?
Really? I mean, REALLY?

George pisses me off.  Art is friends with the ZZ dudes.  I'm sure George wouldn't last five minutes hanging out with them!

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on July 22, 2014, 04:32:10 PM

Unlike many of the others, I doubt he will spend a lot of time on it, spend anything out of his own pocket, or bother working with others and groups to promote the cause and fund raise for it. Heck, just call or have someone else call the right people and get it done. Calling attention to it by playing Twilight Zone clips or talking about the Carrington Event, booking gloomy guests to talk about it. Little bother on his part. If the subject does come up in the congress like it has before- well, won't that be something to brag about.

Maybe I'm being too mean and cynical- just tired of it. Need to take a break from C2C- at lease until he forgets about it and moves on to something else.  ::)
Maybe George will have his Foundation help address the EMP threat issue instead of helping out the elderly and impoverished listeners in these tough economic times. Whatever happened to that "giving back" Foundation of his by the way?

pyewacket

Quote from: albrecht on July 22, 2014, 04:46:25 PM
Maybe George will have his Foundation help address the EMP threat issue instead of helping out the elderly and impoverished listeners in these tough economic times. Whatever happened to that "giving back" Foundation of his by the way?

I've wondered about that foundation, too. That was a few years ago- wasn't it? He went on and on about it and no doubt raised false hopes in more than a few listeners who fell on very hard times. Does he still take calls like that? I haven't noticed any of those in quite awhile.

I'm pretty sure there are some legal issues with setting up such a foundation. There has to be an administrator of fiduciary of some sort. Regular accounts kept of funds paid out and records of the recipients so they can be taxed. And so on and so on. I just don't see it. That takes a lot of work and responsibility.

I would think if any audience members had been helped - there would have had a series of shows applauding himself for his great "works in the light".

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on July 22, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
I've wondered about that foundation, too. That was a few years ago- wasn't it? He went on and on about it and no doubt raised false hopes in more than a few listeners who fell on very hard times. Does he still take calls like that? I haven't noticed any of those in quite awhile.

I'm pretty sure there are some legal issues with setting up such a foundation. There has to be an administrator of fiduciary of some sort. Regular accounts kept of funds paid out and records of the recipients so they can be taxed. And so on and so on. I just don't see it. That takes a lot of work and responsibility.

I would think if any audience members had been helped - there would have had a series of shows applauding himself for his great "works in the light".
With all of his Hollywood friends and connections  ;) I'm sure he could be told how to set up a Foundation as lots of them do that to shelter their money, employ friends & family, and do their pet causes. And Clear Channel/Premier has lots of corporate lawyers who could help (to wit, the quick take-down orders on youtube and internet for their material.) But only if he wanted a tax-exemption would he need to have that that record of accounting and paperwork. There is nothing that wouldn't allow him to start up a charity of another type....or simply give-away money.

I recall George mentioned, a few times, helping out a destitute blind caller a few years ago (around the time he was promoting his future Foundation.) If true, that was a good thing. Every so often he mentions he gives homeless people $20 . I think, he has referenced helping out his children/family (though that is something everyone should do- not really charity.)

Mike.

Please somebody show him the way to the unemployment line or the Soc Sec office for that matter.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Mike. on July 22, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
Please somebody show him the way to the unemployment line or the Soc Sec office for that matter.

Maybe he is beginning to count the cents to prepare for life in straitened circumstances. He is, believe it or not, opening with a discussion of the price of bacon tonight. Just when you thought Coast couldn't get any duller......

Mike.

^ followed by two hours of riveting conversation regarding an underwater rock formation.

yumyumtree

Anybody who references a "Native American shaman" is full of it. Shaman is a term that applies to people in Siberia. I learned that from the NAFPS site.

Did I just understand George to say aliens should have stopped us from bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki? So I guess the aliens wanted a ground war with a gazillion Americans and Japanese dying.   

George Drooly

Georgy thinks the underwater mound looks like... an overturned chicken pot pie tin. Right. Not a pizza roll?

The dude's imagination is about as broad as three shelves at a 7-11. What a dullard.

BattyBrooke

Guest: I was once at a dinner party and a UFO materialized right above my head and my friend said it looked like my head was on fire.
Noory: Hahaha! Tom (caller) in New York, you're on with Coast to Coast. What's your question?

ZERO FOLLOW-UP. ZERO!!!!!!!!

yumyumtree

First we had a caller who had been with aliens many times, far from earth. Now we have a caller with alien DNA.

Quote from: yumyumtree on July 23, 2014, 12:53:10 AM
First we had a caller who had been with aliens many times, far from earth. Now we have a caller with alien DNA.

Yeah, and George took up all her phone time asking her inane questions, then hung up on her without letting her say what she had called about.  How can people continue to call in thinking he's a great guy?

Archons?  Seriously?  Guide us, Landru!

[attachimg=1]

Festival!

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 23, 2014, 01:00:21 AM
Archons?  Seriously?  Guide us, Landru!

[attachimg=1]

Festival!

Ha Ha!!  Festival.... Festival....... Landru declares it !!!!

Stinkage............  Stinkage.........   Noory bears it !!!!

If only Art could appear before us all like Landreu and do his show every night.   

WOTR

Quote from: Mike. on July 22, 2014, 11:40:39 PM
^ followed by two hours of riveting conversation regarding an underwater rock formation.
Is this the same "underwater rock formation" that a more intellectually honest host and guest dismissed not more than half a month ago on a Sunday edition of a Coast show?  The one where the guest said he looked closely, contacted scientists, found historical mentions by something like the US geological survey (or other body) and that it is just a natural formation.

Please tell me they are one in the same...