• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 11:35:36 AM
I've now reviewed last night's train-wreck on my blog.
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2014/04/i-have-dream-today.html

Did you put your clock safely out of reach beforehand, expat?   BTW, who's your friend who uses the term "spunk trumpetry" to describe the blathering of Hoagie and company?  A fitter description has never been coined.

expat

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on April 23, 2014, 11:41:00 AM
BTW, who's your friend who uses the term "spunk trumpetry" to describe the blathering of Hoagie and company?  A fitter description has never been coined.

That's Derek Eunson Ph.D., commenting as "binaryspellbook". He's a systems engineer from Glasgow and a pretty funny guy.

DickyC

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 08:29:49 AM
The caller Hoagland refused to talk to was Gary Leggiere, "The Mad Martian". I have no idea whether it's true that Gary threatened to cut Hoagland's heart out. Hoagland is a nasty person, in addition to being wrong about everything, but cutting his heart out is going a bit far I'd say.

Richard sees monuments on everything.

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 12:08:39 PM
That's Derek Eunson Ph.D., commenting as "binaryspellbook". He's a systems engineer from Glasgow and a pretty funny guy.

Thanks! Any idea if he's planning to weigh in last night's trumpetry on his Hoagland blog?

coaster

Even for Hoagland, last night's show was pretty damn bad. Same old shit, different day.

expat

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on April 23, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
Thanks! Any idea if he's planning to weigh in last night's trumpetry on his Hoagland blog?

Binaryspellbook just posted a comment on my blog. As for his own blog, it's not much maintained.

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
Binaryspellbook just posted a comment on my blog. As for his own blog, it's not much maintained.

Thanks! 

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
Binaryspellbook just posted a comment on my blog.

Absolutely weird and unrelated, buy binaryspellbook is what I call my collections in some of my logic programming.
I thought I was unique.

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on April 23, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
Even for Hoagland, last night's show was pretty damn bad. Same old shit, different day.

I guess I'm easily amused, I still found it a fairly entertaining trip through Hoagland Reality.  The part towards the end about the secret message passed from Obama to the Pope via a packet of carrot seeds was priceless.

paladin1991

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 22, 2014, 09:08:29 PM
Ok.. who lives near this place?
Let's start a donation to that person to send them to dinner with Jorge
It's about a 40 min drive fm my house.  Just send me the cash, I'll go out grab an 8 ball and hooker....it'll be good.  Better than Mortons with Snoory.

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on April 23, 2014, 08:10:01 AM
That's a civil populace.  If you'd pull that shit in America someone would have blown his brains out.
Now that would be comedy gold.

NoMoreNoory

Joorch The Ghoul in full flow tonight. He's 'thinkeen about those young children, drowneen and trapped in rooms' in the capsized ferry off South Korea. Every minute if the day, I bet. Does he worry about the old children?
He then had some analogy about death being like the finish line on a race track. All the profundity of Reader's Digest. And off on his usual crap about wanting to know the date of your death in advance.

Creepy. And not in a good way.

Lunger

Quote from: expat on April 23, 2014, 08:29:49 AM
The caller Hoagland refused to talk to was Gary Leggiere, "The Mad Martian". I have no idea whether it's true that Gary threatened to cut Hoagland's heart out. Hoagland is a nasty person, in addition to being wrong about everything, but cutting his heart out is going a bit far I'd say.

I checked out Gary on Google...H seems very disturbed.

bsbishop

I made the mistake of listening to this show even after I thought I had given up on it after the David Paulides interview.

expat's explanation is spot on.

Here's the thing: Every once in a while there's weird shit out there:
- the face on Mars
- video from the space shuttle of odd objects doing strange things like stopping and changing direction.
- other odd-WTF is that?-type photos

Even if the face on Mars is just a trick of light and our brains wanting to see something, you can still see, pretty clearly, how someone got there.

When RCH went on and on about structures on the moon and how the Chinese had captured images I was expecting to see something, even it if were naturally forming but looked man-made like the rock formations in Scotland. I wanted to see something.

What I ended up seeing was stupidity. Yes, it's clear that if you screw with a picture enough you can take the noise from the background and make it look foggy. That's not even close to a dome or any kind of odd structure produced by anyone. It's stupid f-ing noise, just like what RCH was spewing.

With Bell you would have at least gotten, as you did with Dark Matters, "Nope, I'm not seeing it." With Noory, everything's real or, at least, not to be questioned.

Yeah, I'm solidly back into the camp of: Don't listen to C2CAM.

Oh, and the first apocalyptic guy not being able to pronounce "continuity" was dumb. This isn't a rarely used word and it's one he should have heard and used before if he's an author. It's bad with Noory is correcting you.

paladin1991

Looked up Gary leggiere.  Dude is an angry dude.  I don't do angry dudes because they make too much noise, too loud, too manic.

Quote from: bsbishop on April 24, 2014, 05:56:41 AM

With Bell you would have at least gotten, as you did with Dark Matters, "Nope, I'm not seeing it." With Noory, everything's real or, at least, not to be questioned.

That's my problem with Jorch. He prides himself on being nonconfrontational, a nice guy, but in fact he's unwilling or too lazy to question anything, no matter how ridiculous, and that's how C2C has devolved into a show that takes calls from truckers who swear they've seen martial law signs but can't remember where or when and accepts every word of it throwing in the usual pandering to the paranoid gummint phobics. If I want that kind of crazy, I might as well listen to Alex Jones, rather than a complacent, smug headphone rest.

Izintit?

Quote from: bsbishop on April 24, 2014, 05:56:41 AM
I made the mistake of listening to this show even after I thought I had given up on it after the David Paulides interview.

expat's explanation is spot on.

Here's the thing: Every once in a while there's weird shit out there:
- the face on Mars
- video from the space shuttle of odd objects doing strange things like stopping and changing direction.
- other odd-WTF is that?-type photos

Even if the face on Mars is just a trick of light and our brains wanting to see something, you can still see, pretty clearly, how someone got there.

When RCH went on and on about structures on the moon and how the Chinese had captured images I was expecting to see something, even it if were naturally forming but looked man-made like the rock formations in Scotland. I wanted to see something.

What I ended up seeing was stupidity. Yes, it's clear that if you screw with a picture enough you can take the noise from the background and make it look foggy. That's not even close to a dome or any kind of odd structure produced by anyone. It's stupid f-ing noise, just like what RCH was spewing.

Yeah, I'm solidly back into the camp of: Don't listen to C2CAM.

Oh, and the first apocalyptic guy not being able to pronounce "continuity" was dumb. This isn't a rarely used word and it's one he should have heard and used before if he's an author. It's bad with Noory is correcting you.
As far as RCH is concerned,in a NUTshell; Voyager made him and the Mars Global Surveyor did him in. He has gone off the deep end trying to remain relevant. Eight hundred and fifty-one dollars for a dinner with George and a tour of the dump? Damn,for that much money you had better be able to throw a few peanuts at "Double Cheese" Danheiser in the studio cage. They also state they may do a background  check on bidders.Too bad guys but I`m sure "Bellgab" is flagged.Last week Schrader said he would be back on Friday(no mention on the Coast site) so slippery George has LMH tonight (autopilot) and is off on Friday.It must be love. <wink.wink.nudge.nudge> GNSeternally

ItsOver

Why would someone want to ruin a good meal by being anywhere close to Noory?  He's already destroyed late night radio.  I sure don't need to have him spoil a nice dinner, especially at that price.  Just thinking about Jorch ruins my appetite.  :P

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2014, 11:54:27 AM
Why would someone want to ruin a good meal by being anywhere close to Noory?  He's already destroyed late night radio.  I sure don't need to have him spoil a nice dinner, especially at that price.  Just thinking about Jorch ruins my appetite.  :P

Here's the menu everyone.
http://www.mortons.com/burbank/bar/

albrecht

They should have made the winning donor take George to "Ted's of Beverly Hills" instead of Morton's. They invented the baked potato wrapped in tinfoil and the "Ted" (rum and coke.)

ItsOver

Hahaha, yes, Ted's of Beverly Hills would be perfect.  A make beeleeve restaurant for a make beeleeve host.  Ted's jingle always makes me laugh.  Hendrie at his best. Maybe Phil can meet Jorch and Tommy for dinner and do his impression of Art Bell.  Now, THAT, I would pay to see. :)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2014, 12:29:49 PM
Hahaha, yes, Ted's of Beverly Hills would be perfect.  A make beeleeve restaurant for a make beeleeve host.  Ted's jingle always makes me laugh.  Hendrie at his best. Maybe Phil can meet Jorch and Tommy for dinner and do his impression of Art Bell.  Now, THAT, I would pay to see. :)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-of-beverly-hills-steakhouse-beverly-hills
Hilarious.

zeebo

Quote from: Izintit? on April 24, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
As far as RCH is concerned,in a NUTshell; Voyager made him and the Mars Global Surveyor did him in. He has gone off the deep end trying to remain relevant....

I do get uncomfortable with all his name-dropping and references to projects he consulted on etc.  He's trying too hard to convince us all and maybe himself that he's still legit. 

Izintit?

Quote from: zeebo on April 24, 2014, 01:29:27 PM
I do get uncomfortable with all his name-dropping and references to projects he consulted on etc.  He's trying too hard to convince us all and maybe himself that he's still legit.
Yes,and I like Hoagland.I enjoyed the old Art interviews with RCH after the `Monuments on Mars`came out.It was like Whitley Streiber after `Communion`.That was the genius of Art-you wanted to believe,there was enthusiasm.George just kind of sits there like a dog turd on the lawn.

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2014, 11:54:27 AM
Makes me want to put in the winning bid just so I can wear a BellGab George Noory Sucks t-shirt to the dinner. I'd have to bring along a photographer just to snap photos.