• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Noory picks the worst covers of songs for bumper music.  Just played a terrible version of Only You by some aging crooner.  Only The Platters for that song.  He used to play a lame version of Stay by the Four Seasons (and I like most of their music) when only the Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs version is any good.  At least he didn't play the even lamer Jackson Browne version.  Then Johnny Cash's version of Dylan's It Ain't Me Babe.  Truly cringe-inducing.

Really if he wants to play a great crooner song, then he should play something like Bobby Darin's Mack The Knife.

You know a guest is bad when George is able to correct the guest's pronounciation of vocabulary.

Maybe I'm cranky because I can't sleep, but enough with the never ending lineup of fear mongering guests. BO-RING, Jorch. It all seems like a jaded attempt to sell those efoods, gold bars and bunkers to the gullible, because C2C has become a laughingstock well of misinformation and paranoia. The only apocalypse here is the flaming ruins of a radio show that used to be good, and a mediocre host who will agree with anything his guests say unquestioningly no matter how ludicrous, because he's searching for the 'trooth'. 

Oh, and he couldn't enjoy Easter because he was working. Whatever happened to Jorch the humanitarian who would gladly work on holidays for his people out there? What a schmuck.

coaster

That last song was kind of funny actually. "Your eyes only" I think it may of been a dig at Hoagland. One of the lines was something about 'seeing things only you can see'.

UFQuack

Someone must go to dinner with Jorch and convince him to retire! There isn't much else worthy of dinner conversation with him.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 22, 2014, 09:07:46 PM
Still sits at $500..

haha $500 is the minimum bid.

I bet Tommy did it so Jorch wouldn't be embarrassed with no bids..

Elinor

Richard C. Hoagland:  "Exquisitely squirrelly . . ."

zeebo

So RCH uncovered a secret political message from China in the form of lunar pictures of alien ruins that can only be seen by adjusting the brightness.  It's all there in the data.

ZHero

Hoagland would be more believable if 50% of his presentation didn't hinge on the plots of Sci-FI
movies like Mission to Mars.  His line between reality and fantasy is a very blurred.  ???

coaster

I didn't believe Hoagland's glass dome on the moon theory, but once he mentioned that robots repaired holes in the dome, I was a believer..

zeebo

So the proof that glass is strong enough to build a dome on the moon out of it - is that there's a glass dome on the moon.  (And if that's not enough just throw in some unspecified alien nanotech.)

ZHero

MY GOD! RCH IS RAMBLING AND RANTING on and on and on about the moon and mars.  I'm laying in bed full of allergy meds (spring pollen) and he is starting to sound like the teachers on the
Peanuts (Charlie Brown) TV specials!
"Wa wa wa, wa wa wa wamp Mars.  Wa wa wa Moon."

Hoagy:  "well, George, what do you see?"

Noory:  "colors?"

Hoagy:  "what does it mean, BIG PICTURE?"

Noory:   "ahhh...(nuffin'?)"

I like Hoagland.  He's having fun, and you can dance to him.

zeebo

Quote from: ZHero on April 23, 2014, 01:36:34 AM
MY GOD! RCH IS RAMBLING AND RANTING on and on and on about the moon and mars.  I'm laying in bed full of allergy meds (spring pollen) and he is starting to sound like the teachers on the
Peanuts (Charlie Brown) TV specials!
"Wa wa wa, wa wa wa wamp Mars.  Wa wa wa Moon."

"Wa wa wa torsion field.  Wa wa wa hyperdimensional energy.  Wa wa wa 19.5."

Morgus

Wow - Hoagland just recognized the voice of a caller right away and refused to talk to him.
Noory cut him off since Hoagland claimed he has threatened his life for years and is mentally ill.

Huh weird caller at 17 minutes into the final hour. I guess the caller has threatened Hoagster in the past. Surreal.

coaster

Unless Hoagland was lying. The caller didn't really have a chance to defend himself. More than likely it was someone who has pointed out in the past how Hoagland is a fake.

George said callers can only be on once a month.  What a load of BS.  There's that one nice southern man that always says God Bless everytime he's on.  He calls in like 2 or 3 times a week.  Then there's that arrogant pos Michael that calls in as much as he can.

MTB

Buy stock in Space-X, Hoagie says things get "bigger" on the moon.

George just mushmouthed Jesuit (7 minutes before the show finished).
"Jeshoowhit"

GN then followed with an announcement that he went to a Jesuit-run college.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 23, 2014, 02:20:57 AM
George said callers can only be on once a month.  What a load of BS.  There's that one nice southern man that always says God Bless everytime he's on.  He calls in like 2 or 3 times a week.  Then there's that arrogant pos Michael that calls in as much as he can.

The paid callers don't count

DocHolliday

RCH was getting emotional about these photos he saw of glass structures, when out of left field, George asks "Is it a weigh station?"

Abby Normal

Coast to Coast AM: Shoveling Shit

Do George and the producers really believe in this crap they're peddling every night?  Or do they realize they're shoveling shit and just laugh all the way to the bank?

Just For Laughs - Shoveling Shit

NoMoreNoory

Introducing his first guest last night:
'Dan Barton, Apocalypse, and we'll take your calls, too. Tell us what you've been doing to survive death.'

Izintit?

Quote from: Abby Normal on April 23, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

Do George and the producers really believe in this crap they're peddling every night?  Or do they realize they're shoveling shit and just laugh all the way to the bank?

I only heard about the last half-hour.Same ole Hoagie, something is always "obviously" about to happen.Now he can spend the next six months examining photos and finding weird angles and ratios.It was good to hear his voice,though.George went to a Jesuit college? I wonder who he was visiting? GNS

Izintit?

Quote from: Nebraska888 on April 22, 2014, 11:17:42 AM
Noory is back to FULL BLOWN usage of:

"That's true"

"That's true too"

He actually backed off a bit.......but because he has no command of the English language and simplistic and juvenile vocabulary skills.....he is forced to return to old responses that many times are not relevant or appropriate.
You can always tell when George is gonna be in full dumbass mode when he introduces a guest and the guest says "I`m doing great George,thank you for having me on your show". To which George replies "You too". I guess he`s probably in full scramble getting questions prepared by Tommy "Deep Dish" Danheiser and ones culled from the audience during his news hour.Man,show prep is hell.

alger

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 22, 2014, 11:48:21 PM
You know a guest is bad when George is able to correct the guest's pronounciation of vocabulary.
......and the guest just ignores him and mispronounces it again.   :P

b_dubb

Quote from: Abby Normal on April 23, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

That's a civil populace.  If you'd pull that shit in America someone would have blown his brains out. 

expat

The caller Hoagland refused to talk to was Gary Leggiere, "The Mad Martian". I have no idea whether it's true that Gary threatened to cut Hoagland's heart out. Hoagland is a nasty person, in addition to being wrong about everything, but cutting his heart out is going a bit far I'd say.