Poll

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Author George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium  (Read 10129586 times)

Re: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium
« Reply #84240 on: November 18, 2017, 12:37:21 AM »
Dr. Wallach knows which subtances are harmful to fetuses and nursing children.  He asks women all the time if they are nursing.

Two of the high up administrators of the FDA have publically bemoaned that the agency is a hazard to citizens because it caters to Big Pharma.  Staff there has complained they are expected to alter study results, in favor of Big Pharma

One of the high up administrators insinuated he could be murdered for speaking out.

Hard to trust an agency that outlaws marijuana, but permits THC.  They just want Big Parma to be able to patent THC methods.

2 high up administrators? in an agency of how many administrators?

stop re-directing and answer if you think it is in fact true that most, if not all disease is caused by nutritional deficiency which "Doc" wallach claims.

If no answer, then it is pointless to continue any more discussion with you on this matter.

« Reply #84241 on: November 18, 2017, 12:38:38 AM »
By the way, have you ever noted that quack Joel Wallach can tie just about every single condition to some "nutrient or mineral deficiency" caused in the womb? That point, correct me if I'm wrong from what I heard and recorded, is mirrored on the "Coast" program from one Ben Fuchs and one Joanne Conaway?

Ever read the labeling on products that "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" sells? What you never hear on the radio program? Take a look at the fine print. A number of products state: "This product is not to be taken by pregnant or nursing women." Huh? Which is it?

So, let's say some woman calls in that is pregnant, or maybe nursing, and is never warned that a number of products sold by that site may cause birth defects, or affect an infant adversely through breast feeding? But may be hearing these supplements, instead, will benefit an embryo or even an infant?

Excuse me, I read the labels of these products, and some state great a pregnant or nursing women should not take them. Odd how such "totally safe" supplements can cause birth defects? Not so "safe," huh? But you never hear that on the radio program. Great to set up the network, the program and all involved for bogus medical advice and perhaps for a major lawsuit. 

Hey, anything that alters your body chemistry carries risks. You never hear that on the program. Instead, you hear how these people want to become your "medical professional," yet seem to not want to take any of legal responsibility for being "under their care." And how if something is "all natural," it must be good for you. Rubbish.

The worst toxins, poisons, venoms, bacteria, viruses, diseases and plagues are "all natural." That's why we needed to create pharmaceutical drugs to save lives and advance lifespans, for reasons also attributed to things "made by nature." Petroleum oil, for example, is "all natural" and "made by nature." Does that means if we drink it, it's good for us?

The horrific "Black Plague" that killed off half of Europe centuries ago was "all natural." Does that mean we want to return to those days? I see. Do away with such drugs as penicillin from the evil "Big Pharma" and you'll be better off?  These hucksters would have fools think that, as the latter never question what that rubbish they hear the former advance as "medical truth."

Their day is coming, all, when they are called to task for trying to "dance around" wanting all the money people pay them for 'their care," yet want none of the responsibility for negligence or malpractice for any and all damages said "caretakers" may be inflicting on the gullible, ignorant or desperate suckers they prey on like the vultures they are.   
If you or someone you know would like a refund, write a letter to them.  Maybe they will try to work with you.

If there is something that you or someone you know suffers with, send me a message.  I have a lifetime of experience in finding affordable, restorative herbs, foods, supplements, pressure points, tones, exercises, scents, colors, graphological techniques, and other things, most of which are clearly risk free.  Of course I dont know everything a lay person can know, and of course i dont have any "magic bullet", but people have told me my ideas help them.  Prayer is not a vending machine, but that is not to say we shouldn't pray for what we need for health.

« Reply #84242 on: November 18, 2017, 12:52:02 AM »
There is no evidence (that i can find) to support that inversion does anything for the patient, other than make them extremely uncomfortable. And, how would it help? Does Wallach claim the spine straigtens itself out while being hung upside down like some lab rat?

Wallach didn't say "some", he implied "all"  homosexuality by saying de facto that "homosexuality is caused by a nutritional deficiency..."
Yeah, his implication was in poor taste.  He should have said "nutritive conditions", not nutritional defect.  Copper/zinc imbalances are very common, and life goes on, so by some standards, the nutrient might not be deficient, just a different balance.  Thats just my opinion, but i feel it is just as accurate while being a heck of a lot more inclusive.

Inversion can be done through a slant table, or even headstands.  It takes pressure off the spine and temporarily increases bloodflow to the spine and affected muscles.  Gravity takes a toll; the inversion allows the sore muscles to relax free of the normal strain and bhilding into a compensating strain.  Gentle swimming also takes a load of a scoliosis patient's back !uscles, too.

« Reply #84243 on: November 18, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »
Yeah, his implication was in poor taste.  He should have said "nutritive conditions", not nutritional defect.  Copper/zinc imbalances are very common, and life goes on, so by some standards, the nutrient might not be deficient, just a different balance.  Thats just my opinion, but i feel it is just as accurate while being a heck of a lot more inclusive.

Inversion can be done through a slant table, or even headstands.  It takes pressure off the spine and temporarily increases bloodflow to the spine and affected muscles.  Gravity takes a toll; the inversion allows the sore muscles to relax free of the normal strain and bhilding into a compensating strain.  Gentle swimming also takes a load of a scoliosis patient's back !uscles, too.

Don't you think he should have said "some" as well? Perhaps you should write Wallach and correct him of his mistake.

Have you ever been held upside down? it's uncomfortable as hell. And being suspended for 10-15 minute would be torture. Again, there is no evidence to be found that "upside down" therapy has any effect on patients, other than torturing them for a quarter hour 6 times a day.

« Reply #84244 on: November 18, 2017, 02:42:48 AM »
Me thinks Jojo = Doc Wallet. Silly snake!

« Reply #84245 on: November 18, 2017, 03:45:30 AM »
Me thinks Jojo = Doc Wallet. Silly snake!
I assure you Jojo does not have snake parts!  I'm not him.  I think he needs to modify the jogging in place (to relieve pain), modify it for uterine and pelvic concerns. 

« Reply #84246 on: November 18, 2017, 03:56:07 AM »
Don't you think he should have said "some" as well? Perhaps you should write Wallach and correct him of his mistake.

Have you ever been held upside down? it's uncomfortable as hell. And being suspended for 10-15 minute would be torture. Again, there is no evidence to be found that "upside down" therapy has any effect on patients, other than torturing them for a quarter hour 6 times a day.
Yeah, he shouldve said "some" people, because there could be others reasons too.
I think inversion is done in stages.  The inversion machines on Google Images look humane to me.  Dr. W. has a way of speaking very frankly, like saying something like throw 'em upside down and hang 'em a few days, when he means something more like gradually accustom patients to increasing degrees of inversion on a padded table they can control.  Its just his cavalier speech style. 

« Reply #84247 on: November 18, 2017, 03:58:13 AM »
Was it my imagination or did George's voice clear up a lot in his closing lines? 

« Reply #84248 on: November 18, 2017, 04:11:15 AM »
2 high up administrators? in an agency of how many administrators?

stop re-directing and answer if you think it is in fact true that most, if not all disease is caused by nutritional deficiency which "Doc" wallach claims.

If no answer, then it is pointless to continue any more discussion with you on this matter.
One was a commisioner and one was a director.  I dont know how proportionate that is, but it is significant.

I dont mind you, but HWGS redirects all the time.

Clearly some diseases are caused by trauma, or other injuries, like mesothiloma. But the doctor has a point.  The soil we grow food in is devitalized.  The enzymes and probiotics are missing in our dairy products because of pasteurization.  The germ and kernal is usually missing from our grains.  Very little is organic.  Very much is microwaved before it hits the store shelves.  Some of what we consume is industry by-product or recycled (pink sugar packets, flouride, fast food fry grease).

« Reply #84249 on: November 18, 2017, 04:51:37 AM »
So, you know it's not "paid programming"? That implies you are associated with the program in some way, otherwise you'd never advance that statement. Are you one of its staff? Do you have access to the financial records of Premiere Networks, and of any and all staff members of "Coast To Coast AM" in which "anything of value" is being exchanged?

No one is being paid, huh? I hear that on the program -- how no one involved is making a plug nickel off anything from "criticalhealthnews(dot)com" -- and yet money is going somewhere. Where is it going? I see. It's all being done out of the goodness of these people's hearts? Are you that naive to think that?

OK. If that is so, note how "Coast To Coast AM" has a predicable schedule for that website. Twice a month -- near the beginning and near the end. Almost matching advertising scheduling.  If it's all "free," then tell your producers to suspend such supposed "news, editorial or program matter" programs for at least two months. Why won't they? Um, maybe because they may represent "paid programming" outside of any advertisements? What's the matter? Afraid the paid sponsor will get ticked off and claim they "provide money, compensation and anything of value" that may include these "news" programs? Huh?

By the way, free speech as you cite isn't applicable to "paid programming," unless disclaimers are aired to indicate that. So, under the laws you cite, that makes the programs "news, editorial or program matter" and that makes the case worse for them. That's why the program can say what they want and insult others who disagree -- but if federal agencies can get involved, any such records of financial ties can be found out.

If the program has nothing to hide, then they will welcome and encourage listeners to share any and all concerns with federal agencies for proper investigation. As I'm sure you would, too. Agreed?   

I am not on staff!  But I listen to the radio program, and I'm 99% sure George said that program is not paid. Yes, I see quid pro quo, but that doesn't mean it is contracted.  On those nights, the doctor gets some press (as do many causes on Coast), George gets to glide a couple hours, and some perceptive listeners glean a little knowledge.  But I dont think it is gainful for anyone.  To a program that airs almost 80 hours a month, what's a couple hours here or there?  Kind of like a fulltime workforce member volunteering 4 hours a week or month.  It is insubstantial compared to the number of hojrs they put in overall.  Palms are greased all over the business world and pharmaceutical world as a routine matter of course.  As long as the value doesnt exceed a certain amount, this type of social grace is part of our culture.

I read the title and much of the chapter before work today.  It seemed to be about product packaging.  I didnt see anything about radio.  BTW, I have never heard the doctor insult people who disagree with him?

I understand you have concerns, no problem.  But for about a year, HWGA seems to be inciting riots!  HWGA has more credibility lately, but typically HWGA has twisted facts.  And I'm tired of doing my own research after reading those posts, only to find that HWGA was deliberately misleading.

I think there is enough suckage to go around, without HWGA using spurious statements!

How can anyone listen to a show about conspiracies and aliens, and get upset about a little free nutritional advice!  The doctor reminds me to take my vitamin, to eat wholesome food, and to be mindful about it.  I've been around a long time, and you pick up wisdom in life.  I have been reading herbals since 1988.  And nearly everything Dr. Wallach says rings true with ms.

I do have criticisms of those shows, but more with George than with the doctor.  For instance, George for a while made a point to try to get callers' heights in addition to their weights, which is not medically sound.  Doctors prescribe supplements by weight, not by height-weight-proportions!  The doctor has been too nice to correct George.

Of course, generally height should be taken into consideration with weight, to tell if a person is obese.  But not for prescribing supplements.  Also, if a weight is very low, like close to 100lbs for a woman or 120lbs for a man, then heighti should be obtained in order to probe for anorexia or bulimia, because all the supplements in the world might not help if they are not absorbed.

There is enough suckage already, without haranging a nutritionist. If one listens carefully time after time, one can piece together a lot of the doctor's angle, without paying a cent for any product.  Sometimes he is mysterious or withholding, bdcause he has to make a living.  But, when heard over time, his recommendations gradually become quite clear, especially with the help of a little side research.

The same with Glynnis.  Her numerology might sound like hocus pocus, and she talks rapidly (probably to avoid giving away the house).  But, if one listens carefully many times over time, taking fast notes, and referring to her website, she can glimpse her entire theory without paying a cent on her website.  For those who CAN pay, great.  But for those of us who can't, she does disseminate a lot of knowledge for those who are wi!ling to apply themselves.

« Reply #84250 on: November 18, 2017, 04:58:05 AM »
This is your daily reminder that sodium fluoride is a toxic poison. Where is your FDA on that? Fuck them.
An industrial by-product which shouldnt be swallowed.  Im not totally opposed to flouride gel soaks in dental trays, but dentists wont administer them to adults.  They only offer a rinse, which soaks into the tissues, not just the teeth. 

How did the third hour go?  Why didnt he interview the staff at Bellazio Hotel in Las Vegas, where there was gunfire and massive, inconvenieng sheltering in place (people sitting on the floor, etc...) the same night.  How could it not be related!

« Reply #84251 on: November 18, 2017, 09:18:51 AM »
I am not on staff!  But I listen to the radio program, and I'm 99% sure George said that program is not paid. Yes, I see quid pro quo, but that doesn't mean it is contracted.  On those nights, the doctor gets some press (as do many causes on Coast), George gets to glide a couple hours, and some perceptive listeners glean a little knowledge.  But I dont think it is gainful for anyone.  To a program that airs almost 80 hours a month, what's a couple hours here or there?  Kind of like a fulltime workforce member volunteering 4 hours a week or month.  It is insubstantial compared to the number of hojrs they put in overall.  Palms are greased all over the business world and pharmaceutical world as a routine matter of course.  As long as the value doesnt exceed a certain amount, this type of social grace is part of our culture.

I read the title and much of the chapter before work today.  It seemed to be about product packaging.  I didnt see anything about radio.  BTW, I have never heard the doctor insult people who disagree with him?

I understand you have concerns, no problem.  But for about a year, HWGA seems to be inciting riots!  HWGA has more credibility lately, but typically HWGA has twisted facts.  And I'm tired of doing my own research after reading those posts, only to find that HWGA was deliberately misleading.

I think there is enough suckage to go around, without HWGA using spurious statements!

How can anyone listen to a show about conspiracies and aliens, and get upset about a little free nutritional advice!  The doctor reminds me to take my vitamin, to eat wholesome food, and to be mindful about it.  I've been around a long time, and you pick up wisdom in life.  I have been reading herbals since 1988.  And nearly everything Dr. Wallach says rings true with ms.

I do have criticisms of those shows, but more with George than with the doctor.  For instance, George for a while made a point to try to get callers' heights in addition to their weights, which is not medically sound.  Doctors prescribe supplements by weight, not by height-weight-proportions!  The doctor has been too nice to correct George.

Of course, generally height should be taken into consideration with weight, to tell if a person is obese.  But not for prescribing supplements.  Also, if a weight is very low, like close to 100lbs for a woman or 120lbs for a man, then heighti should be obtained in order to probe for anorexia or bulimia, because all the supplements in the world might not help if they are not absorbed.

There is enough suckage already, without haranging a nutritionist. If one listens carefully time after time, one can piece together a lot of the doctor's angle, without paying a cent for any product.  Sometimes he is mysterious or withholding, bdcause he has to make a living.  But, when heard over time, his recommendations gradually become quite clear, especially with the help of a little side research.

The same with Glynnis.  Her numerology might sound like hocus pocus, and she talks rapidly (probably to avoid giving away the house).  But, if one listens carefully many times over time, taking fast notes, and referring to her website, she can glimpse her entire theory without paying a cent on her website.  For those who CAN pay, great.  But for those of us who can't, she does disseminate a lot of knowledge for those who are wi!ling to apply themselves.

HWGA makes good points though, that Wallach has breath-taking claims, like he's a master healer. I've heard and read them too. It all points to him trying to sell his products more to gullible folk who will take him at his word. And, because he pays the show for air-time, he has a legitimate grief about C2C dancing around the normal disclaimers that should be aired everytime he's on. Instead, when Wallach or that pharmacist guy is on they pretend they're on the show out of their free-will and just giving their own editorial comments. However, they're on because they have paid C2C for the air time and are on to boost sales of their products to the listeners. I agree with HWGA on those points.

And, a big tell that they're paying for air-time is that normally they'd have George read a 30 second or 1 minute commercial when a break comes up, but there is none of that for Critialheatlhnews. George reads carnivora commericals all the time, but why not criticalhealthnews? Because C2C provides them with 4 hours of air-time a month as part of their commitment with their sponsor Criticalhealthnews.

You're right the height is asked, along with weight, to determine whether the person is obese or not. They factor that in when discussing certain ailments. If the person is obese and Wallach thinks it's a factor in that person's ailment, he'll tell that person to lose weight along with telling him or her to buy his "healthy heart and brain pack".

Wallach may have sound advice from time to time regarding what you should do to be more healthly -- Occasionally, to appear legitimate. But then he throws in these wild claims that destroy his credibility. When i heard for the first time I thought he was reasonable, but over time i became overly suspicious of many of his outlandish claims and did my own research. And what i found is that Wallach has indeed a sordid past, and that people should altogether not take his "advice" or "recommendations" to buy his products, and should really look into the person who's giving these recommendations about medical health.

« Reply #84252 on: November 18, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
Whose responsibility is it to air disclaimers, the network or individual stations? The station I listen to airs disclaimers at least every hour, and even adds a special extra medical disclaimer when Wallach,Fuchs etc are on. Maybe contact your stations PD to express your concerns. Mention that you've heard other c2c affiliates air disclaimers and that it might be in their best interest to do so.

« Reply #84253 on: November 18, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
Whose responsibility is it to air disclaimers, the network or individual stations? The station I listen to airs disclaimers at least every hour, and even adds a special extra medical disclaimer when Wallach,Fuchs etc are on. Maybe contact your stations PD to express your concerns. Mention that you've heard other c2c affiliates air disclaimers and that it might be in their best interest to do so.

Normally the network should, but i see some stations air it, thanks for that clip. The station i listen to in pensicola, FL does not air any such disclaimer. I will contact them along with premier network.

« Reply #84254 on: November 18, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
Howard Bloom mentioned being picked up by three murderers, or something. He said it 'scared the......everything..out of me.'
Joorch adds, 'The begeebies, as we would say.'
Really, Joorch? Who is we? The experience might give you the 'heebie geebies', and scare the 'bejeezus' it the 'begeebus' out of you, but I don't know anyone who says 'the begeebies.'

If you want to contribute to Thanksgiving, Gnoory, stay off the air.  And there should be an apostrophe in 'its'. 'Hope it's a good one.'

« Reply #84255 on: November 18, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »
Howard Bloom mentioned being picked up by three murderers, or something. He said it 'scared the......everything..out of me.'
Really, Joorch? Who is we? The experience might give you the 'heebie geebies', and scare the 'bejeezus' it the 'begeebus' out of you, but I don't know anyone who says 'the begeebies.'

If you want to contribute to Thanksgiving, Gnoory, stay off the air.  And there should be an apostrophe in 'its'. 'Hope it's a good one.'

Agreed NMN, Jorch sucks. Perhaps a kindergardener who is still learning would say "begeebies" instead of "bejeezus". But so does Jorch!

Also...  Everyone knows BLoom would say "sh*t" in that situation, but "no cursing" norry throws in his own lame substitute and acts like he speaks for everyone.

I noticed that too in his post!

« Reply #84256 on: November 18, 2017, 10:13:13 AM »
i did some research (quick interwebs search) to answer a question that I've had for years: why can't Burkee Water Filters ship to Iowa? The reason is Iowa has some law that any filter for human use needs to be tested by a lab of the state's choosing.

Norry got sorta creepy with tech expert when sex doll robots was brought up. Norry imagined  the robot saying "buy me a Chanel purse." Implying that sex, even between human and robot, entails some kind of financial consideration.

With Noory, of course it does. Everything with him is about money, and it wouldn't surprise me if he bought his dates extravagant gifts in the past to get in their pants.

Remember that story he keeps telling, the one where he went on a date and took her to dinner. He says his date said that she "didn't like cats or dogs", so Norry then claims he got up and left the restaurant right after she said that, leaving her with the tab. I highly doubt the truth of that story...  what kind of ass just gets up and leaves because their date says they don't like pets? It's not so uncommon either, some people don't prefer pets.. you would think she said something like "i'm into orgies" or something. If you're offended, at least finish the dinner out and then break it off.

I believe Norry says it to show how "moral and decent" he is to listeners. But, yet, he is none of those things.

« Reply #84257 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »
Really, Joorch? Who is we? The experience might give you the 'heebie geebies', and scare the 'bejeezus' it the 'begeebus' out of you, but I don't know anyone who says 'the begeebies.'...

Or, George may have an undiagnosed Bee Gees phobia

« Reply #84258 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »
C2C/Snoory gets a mention from Dutch.  Not what you think.  LMAO!!!    ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #84259 on: November 18, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

Here's a special Thanksgiving shout-out to PremRat for giving us a turkey all year.  Thanks a lot. ::)

« Reply #84260 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:52 PM »
With Noory, of course it does. Everything with him is about money, and it wouldn't surprise me if he bought his dates extravagant gifts in the past to get in their pants.

Remember that story he keeps telling, the one where he went on a date and took her to dinner. He says his date said that she "didn't like cats or dogs", so Norry then claims he got up and left the restaurant right after she said that, leaving her with the tab. I highly doubt the truth of that story...  what kind of ass just gets up and leaves because their date says they don't like pets? It's not so uncommon either, some people don't prefer pets.. you would think she said something like "i'm into orgies" or something. If you're offended, at least finish the dinner out and then break it off.

I believe Norry says it to show how "moral and decent" he is to listeners. But, yet, he is none of those things.
When i heard this story the first time, i got the same impression as you.  Speed dating and stick 'em with the tab.  Bec he has told the story with such vehemence. But, actually he did pay the tab and wind it down.  He just didnt end on a friendly note or walk out with her.

People over-state themselves when they are emotional.  Like she overstated not wanting pets, when she was meeting a someone for the first time and "defenses" were high (let alone meeting a celebrity!).

Similarly, George's defenses were high meeting a new lady, I theorize.  So, he over-reacted, not realizing she was simply being emphatic out of stiff "defenses".

But dating is more than about pairing up.  Its about meeting people, being aquainted with them, knowing they have sisters and other female friends you might like... increasing your social circle.  After all, you might know a guy friend who hates animals too, and you could refer him to her.  That's just my opinion.  But maybe in big metro areas, the focus is simply on mating, and not socializing.

I was the victim of such a covert "speed date" once.  It was insulting, because I have more to offer than just mating.  I have friends, connections, people... and if the date had spent the time on a small date to build rapport with me, they might have found one of my friends to their liking.  But, I didn't object out loud; I just said nice to meet you, no problem.  But I didn't respect the person!  I mean, how much time is really lost on a short dinner or drink?  You have to eat anyhow, and you know the person took the time to dress...

It takes many interactions over the course of time to get to know someone.  Attractions can build just fine over time, even if they dont start fast.  Unless the goals are superficial, like body worship.  So, since it takes time to get to know someone, if a date has stringent, clear deal-breakers criteria, it might be best to screen for them while in the mode of friendship, or in the mode of starting the acquaintence... rather than go to all the trouble and expense of dressing up.  Of course, if you screen for deal breakers before asking someone out, that too can be insulting, so best to be tactful.  Like, havent most women been asked by an attentive new guy, if she has children.... before he even asks anything else!  Big no-no!  And so silly over 40!  I'da like to snap back sometimes, "If I do, they would be out of the nest, Stupid!"

Who wants to start a relationships thread?

This reminds me of a job I had once.  At an extremely busy time, a nasty waiting customer said to me, "Why don't you do something".  So I did.  I walked out the door.  So SWEET!  HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

« Reply #84261 on: November 18, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »
Here's a special Thanksgiving shout-out to PremRat for giving us a turkey all year.  Thanks a lot. ::)

Gotta stop waxing!  Hollywood or no, what is wrong with grey chest hair!  Or white!!

« Reply #84262 on: November 18, 2017, 10:00:50 PM »
HWGA makes good points though, that Wallach has breath-taking claims, like he's a master healer. I've heard and read them too. It all points to him trying to sell his products more to gullible folk who will take him at his word. And, because he pays the show for air-time, he has a legitimate grief about C2C dancing around the normal disclaimers that should be aired everytime he's on. Instead, when Wallach or that pharmacist guy is on they pretend they're on the show out of their free-will and just giving their own editorial comments. However, they're on because they have paid C2C for the air time and are on to boost sales of their products to the listeners. I agree with HWGA on those points.

And, a big tell that they're paying for air-time is that normally they'd have George read a 30 second or 1 minute commercial when a break comes up, but there is none of that for Critialheatlhnews. George reads carnivora commericals all the time, but why not criticalhealthnews? Because C2C provides them with 4 hours of air-time a month as part of their commitment with their sponsor Criticalhealthnews.

You're right the height is asked, along with weight, to determine whether the person is obese or not. They factor that in when discussing certain ailments. If the person is obese and Wallach thinks it's a factor in that person's ailment, he'll tell that person to lose weight along with telling him or her to buy his "healthy heart and brain pack".

Wallach may have sound advice from time to time regarding what you should do to be more healthly -- Occasionally, to appear legitimate. But then he throws in these wild claims that destroy his credibility. When i heard for the first time I thought he was reasonable, but over time i became overly suspicious of many of his outlandish claims and did my own research. And what i found is that Wallach has indeed a sordid past, and that people should altogether not take his "advice" or "recommendations" to buy his products, and should really look into the person who's giving these recommendations about medical health.
Okay well, peace.

« Reply #84263 on: November 19, 2017, 12:05:26 AM »
When i heard this story the first time, i got the same impression as you.  Speed dating and stick 'em with the tab.  Bec he has told the story with such vehemence. But, actually he did pay the tab and wind it down.  He just didnt end on a friendly note or walk out with her.

People over-state themselves when they are emotional.  Like she overstated not wanting pets, when she was meeting a someone for the first time and "defenses" were high (let alone meeting a celebrity!).

Similarly, George's defenses were high meeting a new lady, I theorize.  So, he over-reacted, not realizing she was simply being emphatic out of stiff "defenses".

But dating is more than about pairing up.  Its about meeting people, being aquainted with them, knowing they have sisters and other female friends you might like... increasing your social circle.  After all, you might know a guy friend who hates animals too, and you could refer him to her.  That's just my opinion.  But maybe in big metro areas, the focus is simply on mating, and not socializing.

I was the victim of such a covert "speed date" once.  It was insulting, because I have more to offer than just mating.  I have friends, connections, people... and if the date had spent the time on a small date to build rapport with me, they might have found one of my friends to their liking.  But, I didn't object out loud; I just said nice to meet you, no problem.  But I didn't respect the person!  I mean, how much time is really lost on a short dinner or drink?  You have to eat anyhow, and you know the person took the time to dress...

It takes many interactions over the course of time to get to know someone.  Attractions can build just fine over time, even if they dont start fast.  Unless the goals are superficial, like body worship.  So, since it takes time to get to know someone, if a date has stringent, clear deal-breakers criteria, it might be best to screen for them while in the mode of friendship, or in the mode of starting the acquaintence... rather than go to all the trouble and expense of dressing up.  Of course, if you screen for deal breakers before asking someone out, that too can be insulting, so best to be tactful.  Like, havent most women been asked by an attentive new guy, if she has children.... before he even asks anything else!  Big no-no!  And so silly over 40!  I'da like to snap back sometimes, "If I do, they would be out of the nest, Stupid!"

Who wants to start a relationships thread?

This reminds me of a job I had once.  At an extremely busy time, a nasty waiting customer said to me, "Why don't you do something".  So I did.  I walked out the door.  So SWEET!  HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

If George said he paid for the tab like you say, then i stand corrected.  Yes, he over-reacted, an understatement according to how he tells the story if the person he was dating was friendly but just made one comment that he highly disagreed or was seemingly offended by.

I agree w/ you that dating should be more about social interactions and not just about if the 2 people involved hit it off or not on an intimate level. People expect that intimate connection to spark on the first date which is probably not the case in a lot of situations, which is most likely why dating sites don't have such a high success rate (at least i don't think, i'd have to check the stats). I think it's a difficult thing, because people have little patience these days. Dating sites pit 2 strangers (even if they do send e-mails back and forth beforehand) with each other on the very first date, as opposed to, I'll say, dating the "natural way" where people meet in group-friend type settings, or, it could be in any group setting like churches, schools, work-places etc.. where people meet on common ground and get to know each other before going on that first date.  The friendship mode or dating mode can be quickly ascertained with the latter. Or 2 people start out as friends for awhile, and then decide whether they want to date or not.

Hmm.. risky thing to do on the job,,, did anything end up happening because of your "walk-out"? lol

« Reply #84264 on: November 19, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »
At ni

Moustachly...

« Reply #84265 on: November 19, 2017, 12:28:02 AM »
Okay well, peace.

Just my 2 cents, that's all. If you look at it differently then fine. Everyone's entitled to view it as they see fit.

« Reply #84266 on: November 19, 2017, 01:08:19 AM »
Must Rats Love

Shore-leave, naught...

« Reply #84267 on: November 19, 2017, 02:47:14 AM »
DAVE:

SRSLY

« Reply #84268 on: November 19, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
If George said he paid for the tab like you say, then i stand corrected.  Yes, he over-reacted, an understatement according to how he tells the story if the person he was dating was friendly but just made one comment that he highly disagreed or was seemingly offended by.

I agree w/ you that dating should be more about social interactions and not just about if the 2 people involved hit it off or not on an intimate level. People expect that intimate connection to spark on the first date which is probably not the case in a lot of situations, which is most likely why dating sites don't have such a high success rate (at least i don't think, i'd have to check the stats). I think it's a difficult thing, because people have little patience these days. Dating sites pit 2 strangers (even if they do send e-mails back and forth beforehand) with each other on the very first date, as opposed to, I'll say, dating the "natural way" where people meet in group-friend type settings, or, it could be in any group setting like churches, schools, work-places etc.. where people meet on common ground and get to know each other before going on that first date.  The friendship mode or dating mode can be quickly ascertained with the latter. Or 2 people start out as friends for awhile, and then decide whether they want to date or not.

Hmm.. risky thing to do on the job,,, did anything end up happening because of your "walk-out"? lol
Nothing bad happened.  I was only 19.  The new job at an out-of-town fancy wayside restaurant wasn't working out.  It had just sold out to some unknown corporate group of stock holders.  They used a minimum staffing business model to supposedly increase profits, so even though they had a lot of new staff, they had no time to train. No orientation, no tour, no "Here is where we keep the ketchup", no nametag, no nothing. After a couple months, I was tired of not doing a good job!

I was a self-supporting full-time college student at the time, and their idea of training was, "Take yourself out to an upscale restaurant to eat a few times, and see how the servers do their job!".  Wow.  I reminded them I was a self-supporting fulltime student and wouldn't be able to do that.  Their response was, "Just try it once in awhile".  Whatever.

The job was a lot of laughs.  There were a lot of new hires, from cashiering to bookkeeping to waitressing.  One lady kept getting the same speeding ticket over and over on her way to this minimum wage job.  I felt sorry for her, but she kept doing it!    One table of business men kept getting trays of milk spilled on their suits.  Snotty customers would openly make bets about servers, then try to divulge the answers and openly use the outcome to determine whether or not to tip.  One fine customer was too reserved to complain about service, but he didn't realize we college students thought his $5 tips were a compliment... omgoodness it was months before a more experienced server noticed the problem and tried to help.  The new hostess, a 17-year old, wore her adorable little prom dress to work, much to the aggravation of the older servers. Giggle.

When I finally walked out, it was probably hours before staff noticed, just another farce-like moment. My surrender wasn't planned at all, but when that harsh guest waiting for a table was mean, I realized all of the sudden that a perfect moment to leave had just presented itself.  Maybe in his future, when he was about to be mean to someone, he might realize he needed them!

In my book, even if you are hired to clean a litterbox, I show you where supplies are kept, I give you a cart for carrying heavy stuff, I give you communications, and I help you succeed!  Within reason, the tasks come first and profiteering comes second.

Even though I was serving, my boss was trying to get me to do the money counting, and I was good at it. But I didn't feel comfortable doing it, because he didn't have time or the experience to train on how the checks and balances cross-referenced the totals.  Well, I was able to balance the til and the reports, but I was never convinced of the integrity of the til, even if the amounts were correct.  I told him I didn't feel comfortable about doing it.  Too bad.  It might have led to a fine career.  He was a nice guy.  It just was a difficult learning environment, due to skeletal staffing...

« Reply #84269 on: November 19, 2017, 10:51:17 AM »
Must Rats Love

Shore-leave, naught...
Well, Pate, I hope you enjoyed last night's latest binge.  Must rats love?  No, but... muskrats must.