George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Dateline on November 16, 2017, 10:01:43 PM
Here I'll say it my opinion, bluntly:

Since the 1970's both parents have to work full-time, if you are middle class just to maintain, and then if you have children as teenagers, they are working. SOOOOO, when is there really adequate time to parent, care and nurture your children.  We farm them out to day care and then the public school system.  If they are overly excitable, high-energy, or don't follow a set behavior pattern, we go to the doctor and medicate our children to make them confirm.  I think because the parents don't have adequate time to intervene and work with the children because of our American societal work obligations.  Meds are filling a role caused by the inadequacy of our society and their view of parenting.  Medicating young children, in my opinion is highly disturbing.  You are setting them up for a lifetime of dependence.

We really don't know how those drugs are interacting with the growing child's system.  We are experimenting.  I see more and more young people who were prescribed when they were very young just because they were rowdy or high-energy, becoming deficient or in need of continuing care into their twenties because of this, or suspected because of this. 

These comments don't even touch on how many parents are now on meds.
The title is provocative and, maybe, the idea is a bit unorthodox but I think the various Nordic types have some good ideas about child raising. Get them outdoors. Let them play. Get them dirty at times. Let kids be kids. Here we have a situation where parents have been arrested or questioned for letting kids play outside (no "supervision") and a stupid warm-on-germs that is, as some research proving, a bad thing. And that "play" should be changed into "playdates" and pressured events/training (not that I'm against things like sports or music but at an early age it should be about fun and not performance.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_2NIhXrjIQ

Dateline

Oh yeah, and Doc Wallet, when I did listen he started out on the first few shows with just some general information.  I noticed as he came on more and more, his claims became more and more outlandish.  Of course, they are never challenged.  That is irresponsible. 

To recommend helpful supplements is not the issue, it is the unjustified claims and the exorbitant prices that are deplorable. 

Gnoory

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Hope its enjoyable

Quote from: Gnoory on November 16, 2017, 10:58:06 PM

I wish the same to you and yours.  ;) Just please up your game on your radio show.  Be conversational with your guests rather than using the same old boring questions that you ask every other guest.  And please less infomercials.  Thank you and God bless.

A former Coast Rider

Hi George,

I'm sure you know it's next Thursday, but I hope you and Tommy have a nice day as well.  Are you going to sit down with your family and watch Old Yellow again?

Best.
PB

mike_olsen

You too, George. Mighty big of you to post on a thread dedicated to heavily criticizing you and your staff.

mike_olsen

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 16, 2017, 11:10:34 PM
I wish the same to you and yours.  ;) Just please up your game on your radio show.  Be conversational with your guests rather than using the same old boring questions that you ask every other guest.  And please less infomercials.  Thank you and God bless.

A former Coast Rider

Lol, nice try. Let's see if it works. But I'm not sure a leopard can change its spots. Maybe George will prove me wrong.

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 16, 2017, 08:32:27 PM
Ha, you're way off-base. You "listened" to a video?
Yes.  I play videos on one tab while I view material on another tab!  No sense staring st a still life photo of Wells!

Jojo

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 16, 2017, 08:12:09 PM
What part of what he says is true? that most diseases are caused by Nutritional deficiency? and these same diseases can be reversed by nutritional supplementation? That there is no such thing as genetic diseases? again they are all the result of nutritional deficiencies? I could add more things but i'm tired right now, perhaps tomorrow.

If so, why not give people a full list of the vitamins and minerals that could help them. Why does he charge exorbitant prices for them and suggest that you buy only from his website?

How do i know Wallach hasn't killed anyone? Probably not directly (I'd like to not think), but indirectly he could have caused numerous deaths based on faulty advice given; advice he's not qualified to give in the first place. You don't know his history. He's a vet, not a doctor, yet pretends to be one.

I agree its expensive.  So are doctors. 

Maybe his advice has harmed someone, but i doubt it.  Because i cant find any stats on the percentage of U.S. deaths caused by naturopathic doctors (which Wallach says he is).  On the other hand, allopathic (regular) doctors are the third leading cause of death, and cause 10% of U.S. deaths per. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/medical-errors-are-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-us.  Most people dont know that naturopaths go to medical school.

Doc gives a lot of his proprietary info away, if one listens (for free) repeatedly, and takes notes.  His website gives away the "secret" mineral, which I believe is selenium (found in mustard).

Here:
http://nomdforme.com/faq/what-are-the-90-essential-nutrients/. .  I dug them up for free.  If you like this information I found at no charge to you😃, please check out https://www.gofundme.com/dellasdental.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2017, 02:16:22 AM

Maybe his advice has harmed someone, but i doubt it.  Because i cant find any stats on the percentage of U.S. deaths caused by naturopathic doctors (which Wallach says he is).  On the other hand, allopathic (regular) doctors are the third leading cause of death, and cause 10% of U.S. deaths per. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-05-03/medical-errors-are-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-the-us.  Most people dont know that naturopaths go to medical school.

Doc gives a lot of his proprietary info away, if one listens (for free) repeatedly, and takes notes.  His website gives away the "secret" mineral, which I believe is selenium (found in mustard).

Here:
http://nomdforme.com/faq/what-are-the-90-essential-nutrients/. .  I dug them up for free.  If you like this information I found at no charge to you😃, please check out https://www.gofundme.com/dellasdental.

Are you the female The One?

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2017, 08:29:56 PM
The other point the quacks don't mention when they throw out "stats" about the dangers of doctors and hospitals. Like a person going to a hospital is already, likely, has some problems so more likely to be a risk. Illegals who come in droves to ERs. That people, especially illegals and poor (not necessarily their fault) won't abide by doctor's advice (change diet, stop smoking, stop drinking so much, take their meds, exercise, etc) but come in once something becomes an acute, crisis situation- which by definition is already bad and so higher risk. Psych Meds a risk for suicide or aberrant behavior? Yes. But people seeking them out are already (usually) depressed (or whatever) so already a high risk for suicide etc.

Having said that. I do think there is LOTS wrong with our medical system and "big pharma." Popular advertising for meds. Meds prescribed by doctors for which they aren't totally qualified (why do primary care prescribed so much mental meds?) The painkiller issues. The VA crap. The bad food and lifestyles promoted by advertisers, Lack of follow up on patients. The whole insurance and billing issues and problems. Abagados and lawsuit abuses. The view by state agencies, especially for kids and vets, that everything, physical or mental, can be solved by a battery of pills (again without follow-ups or real diagnosis.) Faked, or bad, studies for certain Meds without 3rd party and real science behind them. Giving pills for purposes that aren't precisely approved for but off-label use. Over use of anti-biotics. And other things...
I suspect doctors get kickbacks from prescriptions.  As soon as the clinic I used got a supplier of a new anti-depressant, they started pressuring all their clients to go on it, whether depressed or not!  They screened me for depression, without even greeting me, asking me how I was doing, or why I was there.  Fraud. 

I asked why they wanted to screen me for depression.  I said i didnt have time, as i truly had to get to work on time that day, a day when i had to bus and transfer to another bus to get to the doctor appt bec my car broke, not long after having a broken toe.  They responded they wanted to screen me because their new medicine worked wonders, and they said i looked depressed (depression is not visible merely upon a first impression).

After I passed their depression screen, they refused to give me a note for my employer that I had walking pneumonia.  Do you think if I hadnt resisted their screening that they would have given me a doctors note of pneumonia for my doctor?  Of course!  I had to file an internal complaint to get the letter for my employer, which my employer frankly required.  Even then, the dr would not release the letter until i withdrew my complaint, which was completely unethical of her.  Later when I tried to comp!ain to the voard again (after I had the letter of cohrse, they would not take my complai pnt, because i had just withdrawn it.  When i explained the dr's manipulation, they said if manipulation really had happened, rhey would have expected me to complain sooner.  When i again explained that she would not give me the letter i needed until i withdrew my complaint, the admin still didnt accept my complaint.

Hello and welcome. Among the online sites people are encouraged to examine a "certain" overnight radio program that fails to air proper disclaimers and maybe proper disclosures and who might be getting "money, compensation or anything of value" in exchange for what is presented as "news, editorial or program matter."

Welcome to one of the place real people truly care about others. You know, those who can sense a scam when they hear one. You know, the type that aren't gullible, ignorant and may perhaps have real experience in examining what happens when cheap, lying profiteers attempt to manipulate others without conscience -- or worse, thinking they are "above scrutiny." Or maybe even federal laws.

Welcome to a place where people are encouraged to help protect others. Welcome to a place where others are encouraged to file complaints and make their concerns known to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Food And Drug Administration (FDA) when certain broadcasts are suspect. So consumers aren't being lied to, cheated or far worse, harmed by "certain" programs posing as "medical truth" when it's nothing but that.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Tell that to those who may have blown so much faith and money on snake-oil salespeople. Tell that "certain" radio-program host to look at himself first, before he attempts to advance some "truth" or any and all "superiority morality" and dares slam others who are real, true and caring people as "little haters." Ask that host who is "little" now?

That answer may surprise you. When reality sets in and delusions and narcissism take a holiday, like our upcoming holiday. 

Jojo

Quote from: Here We Go Again on November 17, 2017, 02:37:16 AM
Hello and welcome. Among the online sites people are encouraged to examine a "certain" overnight radio program that fails to air proper disclaimers and maybe proper disclosures and who might be getting "money, compensation or anything of value" in exchange for what is presented as "news, editorial or program matter."

Welcome to one of the place real people truly care about others. You know, those who can sense a scam when they hear one. You know, the type that aren't gullible, ignorant and may perhaps have real experience in examining what happens when cheap, lying profiteers attempt to manipulate others without conscience -- or worse, thinking they are "above scrutiny." Or maybe even federal laws.

Welcome to a place where people are encouraged to help protect others. Welcome to a place where others are encouraged to file complaints and make their concerns known to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Food And Drug Administration (FDA) when certain broadcasts are suspect. So consumers aren't being lied to, cheated or far worse, harmed by "certain" programs posing as "medical truth" when it's nothing but that.

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. Tell that to those who may have blown so much faith and money on snake-oil salespeople. Tell that "certain" radio-program host to look at himself first, before he attempts to advance some "truth" or any and all "superiority morality" and dares slam others who are real, true and caring people as "little haters." Ask that host who is "little" now?

That answer may surprise you. When reality sets in and delusions and narcissism take a holiday, like our upcoming holiday. 
Who is paying you!
No one here is complaining about being ripped off by Doc Wallach!

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2017, 02:54:07 AM
Who is paying you!

The question is: Who is paying "Coast To Coast AM" for its "medical programs," which are presented as "news, editorial or program matter" when it may not be such. Who is receiving "money, compensation, or anything of value" in exchange for the airing of "editorial matter"? Those are bigger questions. Are they any business ties between Premiere Networks, any and all staff of "Coast To Coast AM" and one "criticalhealthnews(dot)com"? If so, full disclosure must be made, in advance of the broadcasts, to any station and any affiliates airing said broadcasts.

Further, I suggest you review some federal regulations before you declare some snake-oil salesmen to have some "medical truth." The following disclaimers must be aired, but the program and Premiere Networks fails to follow it:

BEGIN QUOTE:<<You must use the following text for the disclaimer, as appropriate:

singular: "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease;" or
    plural: "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

You may not modify the wording of these disclaimers.

21 CFR 101.93(c)>>END QUOTE

We fail to hear those disclaimers. And the federal code states the wording is NOT to be modified -- although George Noory thinks it's "OK" to do so. Think again.

You can fall for that scam if you want. There's no crime for people being dumb. But there are laws about broadcasting, mind you, and yes, maybe I once did have professional work and dealt with such issues as mass-media law on a daily basis. I couldn't be so careless as some I hear on radio just might be. You never know, do you?

Jojo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 17, 2017, 02:26:42 AM
Are you the female The One?

No, I avoid obscenity and profanity.  And I was nice to awkwilly when he suffered.  And Jackstar's fine.  So, female theOne?  Naw!

Quote from: ShayP on November 16, 2017, 05:01:06 AM
I didn't realize that the doo doo birds helped build the pyramids.  Wow.  That caller was out there.  LOL!  Has that person called in before?
I had not heard that caller before. As far as I'm concerned, he was almost as good as the John Lennon assasination conspiracy guy  8)

ItsOver

"Thank yeeewww, G!  Enjoy your turkee.  We know yeeewww do!"

ItsOver

LMH on this Tuesday for November.  Meh.  More JFK stuff.  Clyde Lewis put me to sleep last night with this kind of stuff.  It didn't take long.

JFK and UFO
Tuesday - November 21, 2017
Hosted by George Noory
Guest(s): Linda Moulton Howe, Darryl Anka
Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe will discuss the release of JFK assassination records; the Watergate break-in; LBJ and long-time employees of the CIA; and Majestic-12 groups involvement of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

In the first hour, UFO researcher and experiencer Darryl Anka will be discussing his two sightings that led to his channeling of the extraterrestrial entity known as ‘’Bashar’’. Darryl will detail his experiences and explain what channeling is, what kind of scientific and metaphysical information Bashar’s messages contain, and how open contact with ETs in the future could impact our society.

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2017, 01:38:36 AM
Yes.  I play videos on one tab while I view material on another tab!  No sense staring st a still life photo of Wells!

Well, if you said "you had played a video on one tab in the background while viewing material in another", there would be no problem. However, "I listened to a video" is incorrect and not the proper syntax. That's all.

You are off base about Wells being "slow between words and having a lot of pauses". To say he has a relaxing, calm style is one thing, but if you really listened to one of his broadcasts -- not one where he's being interviewed -- you would know he reports stories and gives his editorial comments at a generally fast rate and speaks proper English, unlike another broadcaster i have in mind.

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2017, 02:16:22 AM

Here:

You didn't answer the question about what's true regarding Wallach's claims. I laid out 3 general ones that you simply ignored.

There are no statistics on "naturopathic" doctors because they can't be placed in a scientific study since any person can claim to be "Holistic". In other words, there is no scientific course or graduate body for the field "Naturopahy". It is simply a hobby for those who partake in it.

My argument isn't against "naturopathic" or Holistic Doctors. If it suits you better to see them for your healthcare needs then more power to you. My argument is against "Doc" Wallach specifically and his outlandish claims and untruths he spouts to profit on the gullible, as so many in this thread have also stated for the record.

You should really take a look at: http://skepdic.com/wallach.html .  Here are some excerpts you will find illuminating if you really can independently think and not be blinded by your bias of the medical establishment; which I admit there are malpractice claims and bad doctors a lot of the time -- i don't deny that. But painting every MD with a broad brush is dangerous business in my view.

Here are the excerpts:

The basic danger of Wallach's theories is not that taking colloidal minerals will harm people or even that many people will be wasting their money on a product they do not need. Many of his claims are not backed up by scientific randomized control studies, but are anecdotal or fictional. The basic danger is that because he and other naturopaths exaggerate the role of minerals in good health, they may be totally ignored by the scientific community even if they happen to hit on some real connections between minerals and disease. Furthermore, there is the chance that legitimate scientific researchers may avoid this field for fear of being labeled a kook.

Wallach falsely claims that there are five cultures in the world that have average life spans of between 120 and 140 years: the Tibetans in Western China; the Hunzas in Eastern Pakistan; the Russian Georgians and the Armenians, the Abkhasians, and the Azerbaijanis. He also mentions the people of the Vilcabamba in Ecuador and those who live around Lake Titicaca in Peru and Bolivia. The secret of their longevity is "glacier milk" (water full of colloidal minerals). The basis for these claims seems to be Wallach's imagination.

The label on the "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" tape says "Learn why the average life span of an MD is only 58 years." On his tape, Dr. Wallach claims that "the average life span of an American is 75 years, but the average life span of an American doctor is only 58 years!" Maybe dead doctors don't lie, but this living one certainly does. According to Kevin Kenward of the American Medical Association: "Based on over 210,000 records of deceased physicians, our data indicate the average life-span of a physician is 70.8 years." One wonders where Dr. Wallach got his data. The only mention in his tape of data on physician deaths is in his description of a rather gruesome hobby of his: he collects obituaries of local physicians as he takes his mineral show from town to town.

On his tape, Wallach says

"...what I did was go back to school and become a physician. I finally got a license to kill (laughter), and they allowed me to use everything I had learned in veterinary school about nutrition on my human patients. And to no surprise to me, it worked. I spent 12 years up in Portland, Oregon, in general practice, and it was very fascinating."

Wallach is not a physician, but an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audiences know that naturopaths aren't really physicians and that there is a big difference between an M.D. and an N.D. He also claims he did hundreds of autopsies on humans while working as a veterinarian in St. Louis. How does a veterinarian get to do human autopsies?

"...Well, again, to make a long story short, over a period of some twelve years I did 17,500 autopsies on over 454 species of animals and 3,000 human beings who lived in close proximity to the zoos, and the thing I found out was this: every animal and every human being who dies of natural causes dies of a nutritional deficiency."

If he really did do all those autopsies and then concluded that every animal or human who dies of natural causes dies because of a nutritional deficiency, then he qualifies for the Ignoble or Ignoramus Prize. To accomplish his autopsy feat, he would have to have done six autopsies a day, working 5 days a week for 12 years, taking only a 2-week vacation each year. He was allegedly performing all these autopsies in addition to his other duties and presumably while he was writing essays and books as well.

an attack on doctors and a panegyric to minerals

Wallach's "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" tape is both an attack on the medical profession and a panegyric for minerals. The attack is vicious and mostly unwarranted, which weakens his credibility about the wonders of mineral supplements. He does not come across as an objective, impersonal scientist. He delights in ridiculing "Haavaad" University and cardiologists who die young from heart attacks, many of whom went into the field because of congenital heart defects.

Wallach seems to ignore the importance of genetics in human diseases. He reverts to name-calling on several occasions, as well. Doctors, he says, routinely commit many practices that would be considered illegal in other fields. At one point he claims that the average M.D. makes over $200,000 a year in kickbacks. This ludicrous claim didn't even get a peep of skeptical bewilderment from his audience. [The tape is of a live recording of one of his shows.] He sounds like a bitter, rejected oddball who is getting even with the medical profession for ignoring him and his "research," much of which consists of studies on such things as "hair analysis," a common mark of the quack. His bitterness toward science-based medicine makes Wallach attractive to those with an axe to grind against the medical profession.

-----------------------------

You are wrong about Selenium being the "secret" mineral Wallach talks about. Even Noory on his programs with him sometimes says to listeners that "Wallach will not give away the mineral" when discussing certain ailments the the person is "nutritionally deficient" in.

If you he gives a list of everything as you say -- then why charge the prices he does on his "website store" if everything can be picked up locally at your drug store?

Again, I quote:

Wallach seems to be most famous for a widely circulated audiotape he calls "Dead Doctors Don't Lie." [It is also available in video tape and book form.] The label on the tape notes that Wallach was a Nobel Prize nominee. This is true, but meaningless. He was nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine by the Association of Eclectic Physicians "for his notable and untiring work with deficiencies of the trace mineral selenium and its relationship to the congenital genesis of Cystic Fibrosis." The Association of Eclectic Physicians is a group of naturopaths founded in 1982 by Edward Alstat and Michael Ancharski. In his book Let's Play Doctor (co-authored with Ma Lan, M.D., M.S.) Wallach states that cystic fibrosis is preventable, is 100% curable in the early stages, can be managed very well in chronic cases, leading to a normal life expectancy (75 years). If these claims were true, he might have won the Prize. He didn't win, but he gave a lot of false hope to parents of children with cystic fibrosis. The fact is that Wallach's "research" on cystic fibrosis was, to put it kindly, incompetent. The "people he studied were self-selected, and not randomized; he did not follow an appropriate data-gathering protocol; his diagnoses were made with a questionnaire; and his report made claims about other data that were either unsupported or unreferenced."* In fact, cystic fibrosis is a genetic disorder that "causes the body to produce unusually thick, sticky mucus that:

--Clogs the lungs and leads to life-threatening lung infections.

--Obstructs the pancreas and stops natural enzymes from helping the body break down food and absorb vital nutrients."*

"Many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond,"* but not because of mineral supplements or thanks to anything Wallach did.

-----

...In the early 1980's, Wallach called himself a "Manner Metabolic Physician'' and treated cancer patients with laetrile, a substance that should not be used to treat cancer. In 1990 he also worked with Kurt Donsbach at the notorious Tijuana clinic Hospital Santa Monica. In 1995, Wallach was using chelation therapy for heart disease, a common misuse of this therapy by quacks. A relative of one of Wallach's patients reported his concerns to the National Council Against Health Fraud when the patient died in Wallach's care. The relative expressed concern that "Wallach had convinced the patient not to be treated by his regular physician; thus he did not seek proper medical help and died."*

There is no scientific data supporting the claim that all diseases are due to mineral deficiencies. A deficiency or excess of zinc can cause serious health problems. Iron deficiency is a well-known health problem. And there is a good reason for magnesium being a common ingredient in laxatives and antacids. But unless one has a specific deficiency, there is no known health benefit from ingesting daily supplements, colloidal or otherwise, unless one considers it a health benefit to feel that you are in control of your well-being by taking supplements. Numerous studies have failed to find any health benefit from taking supplements "just in case" you might be deficient in one or more vitamins or minerals. Editors at the Annals of Internal Medicine put it this way:

Most supplements do not prevent chronic disease or death, their use is not justified, and they should be avoided.... After years of study and mostly disappointing results, enough is enough. What we've found time and again is that the supplements are not working… we don't need to go on studying them forever....most of the 53% of U.S. consumers who use supplements are wasting money, to the tune of $28 billion a year.*

Since one-third of U.S. adults take supplements despite the lack of scientific evidence in support of the practice, characters like Wallach have a large market of eager customers waiting to be told lies that make them feel they can control their health with minimal effort just by opening their mouths and their wallets. The only reputable scientific study I know of that found a "modest" reduction in the risk of cancer from taking daily supplements was published in the Journal of the American Medical Society in 2012. The study involved over 14,000 male physicians over four years. One group got daily multivitamin tabs, the other group got a placebo.

Wallach claims that minerals in foods and most supplements are "metallic" and not as effective as "plant-based" colloidal minerals, which is nonsense because colloidal minerals are also "metallic," i.e., contain trace amounts of aluminum and heavy metals. Being colloidal has more to do with the origin, size, and structure of the mineral particles that with their effectiveness. Being metallic is irrelevant. Wallach claims that metallic minerals (i.e., regular vitamins and minerals) are only 8-12% absorb-able while colloidal minerals are 98% absorb-able. No data support this claim; Wallach seems to have made it up.* (A colloid is "a substance that consists of particles dispersed throughout another substance which are too small for resolution with an ordinary light microscope but are incapable of passing through a semipermeable membrane." --Merriam-Webster)

And probably most important that cannot be overstated:

Wallach makes his claims about minerals despite the fact that in 1993 a research team from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, reported the results of a 13-year study on 10,758 Americans which failed to find any mortality benefits from vitamin and mineral supplements. The study found that even though supplement users smoke and drink less than non-users, eat more fruits and vegetables than non-users, and are more affluent than non-users, they didn't live any longer than non-users. The study also found no benefit from taking vitamin and mineral supplements for smokers, heavy drinkers, or those with chronic diseases.

In May 2006, a committee of physicians impaneled by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced that little information exists as to whether people should take supplements. The previous March the NIH noted that research suggests that vitamins and other supplements may do more harm than good, and that antioxidants are of little use.* Further research has found that vitamin supplements can even be deadly.* The simple fact is that there is no compelling scientific evidence that vitamin or mineral supplements beneficially affect the health or longevity of most people. Those suffering from a vitamin or mineral deficiency should take supplements, but there is no merit to Wallach's claim that most or all diseases are due to mineral deficiencies.

Wallach's basic appeal is to offer hope to people who fear or are mistrustful of medical doctors and scientific knowledge. He gives hope to those who want to live for a really long time. He gives hope to those who are diagnosed with diseases for which current medical knowledge has no cure. He gives hope to those who want to avoid getting a terminal disease. And he gives hope to those who want to be healthy but who do not want to diet or exercise. All we have to do is ingest a magic elixir of colloidal minerals and we'll be healthy. You can't just take your minerals in pill form, he warns us. You must take the colloidal variety in liquid form. Until he had a falling out with T.J. Clark & Co., this elixir had to come from special pits in Utah. After John H. Renner, M.D., President of the National Council Against Health Fraud, exposed the "distortions, bogus science, and outright lies" in Wallach's tape, T.J. Clark & Co. "severed its business relationship with him."  Wallach then "revised his 'scientific' opinion and quickly moved on to find new partners."*

---------

Sorry for the long post, but it was important for this information to get out.

mike_olsen

Quote from: ItsOver on November 17, 2017, 06:01:15 AM

"Thank yeeewww, G!  Enjoy your turkee.  We know yeeewww do!"

Fat Tommee looks like some drug lord in that pic.

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 17, 2017, 02:54:07 AM
Who is paying you!

User Here We Go Again has a valid point. Where are the proper disclaimers before each "news show" on the topic of "alternative health" with a guest from the paid sponsor, Criticalheatlhnews? And, Norry occasionally saying (slyly saying I might add) during the program that "we're not saying these are cures" is not a proper disclaimer at all. He says this reluctantly each time, hoping most listeners will not pick it up or be fooled into thinking they are legitimate for claiming this.

No one is complaining about being ripped off by Wallach because everyone on this thread is aware of the fraud that he is! :)

albrecht

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 17, 2017, 10:17:51 AM
Fat Tommee looks like some drug lord in that pic.
What a motley crew. Tommee running some kind of human trafficking ring?

mike_olsen

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2017, 10:29:14 AM

Lol -- That was my second choice for Tommee's look! More specifically Human sex-child trafficking ring, however i thought that might be too crude... oh well.

Jackstar

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 17, 2017, 09:48:36 AM
Sorry for the long post, but it was important for this information to get out.

massive rolleyes

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Ha!  Jorch looks like he just came off of a cabernet bender.

Maybe he'd been out cruising for babes.

Come on back, Gnoory.  Tell us more!

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 17, 2017, 11:45:48 AM
Ha!  Jorch looks like he just came off of a cabernet bender.

Maybe he'd been out cruising for babes.

Come on back, Gnoory.  Tell us more!

Maybe Tommee stole Art's wife and daughter and that is the reason for the latest quittening? Kidding.