• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Swishypants

An Acura Integra was the first car I bought for myself. It was a badass car!

Black with Tan interior. 5 Speed Stick. CD Player. 6 Banger. Fast for its' day.
Traded it in on a new white 4x4 F-150 extended cab after college.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 13, 2017, 04:24:07 PM
An Acura Integra was the first car I bought for myself. It was a badass car!

Black with Tan interior. 5 Speed Stick. CD Player. 6 Banger. Fast for its' day.
Traded it in on a new white 4x4 F-150 extended cab after college.

The Fagmobile and OJ's Revenge

Swishypants

Still driving the same Gremlin you drove in High School huh Dr. Mexican? :)

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Swishypants on November 13, 2017, 06:05:14 PM
Still driving the same Gremlin you drove in High School huh Dr. Mexican? :)

I believe it was actually a Pacer.  With the Levi interior.

albrecht

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 13, 2017, 06:15:55 PM
I believe it was actually a Pacer.  With the Levi interior.
I never bought one but there was a time that I actually sorta liked the idea of the AMC Eagle. Like a Rally-Car you could buy. AMC in some ways were ahead of their time with some of their ideas. Now AWD "cross-overs" are a dime-a-dozen.

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2017, 03:31:26 PM
I took classes in the language of love!...

So that's a No on the English classes?

... just because listeners disapprove of George Noory, doesn't mean writers, publishers, sellers or purchasers of George's books do.

I hadn't realized how opposed to George you stand.  Are you an Art Bell fan? I never knew Art Bell, although not too long ago, I listened to some recordings and looked up his bumper music.  I didnt get very far though.

To me, George sucks, but like a frustrating pet, I have not entirely forsaken him.  And you *ARE* still here!  But you don't listen at all??  Don't you even love it when he steps in it or falls into his own messes?  You don't ROFL?  He is an inadvertent comedian...

I used to enjoy listening to Norry for the laughs, not every night, not for the whole show, but on quite a few nights for quite a few years actually, but enough was finally enough.  I do still enjoy hearing about his awfulness, and adding my 2c, but I draw the line at listening. 

To me George has intentionally ruined a once great show, though laziness - among other undisireable traits.  I'm disgusted by the Byrnes for their part in enabling this (George is a Worker in the Light?  Really?)  It doesn't matter if no one agrees with me, I'm going to say it anyway. 

136 or 142

I took classes in the language of love!

If you took all that driven emotion about George, and applied it to men who drive Acuras, the vehemence we both feel would be a huge similarity.

But, just because I feel venomous toward men driving Acuras doesn't mean the manufacturers, sellers, or purchasers of Acuras do.  Likewise, just because listeners disapprove of George Noory, doesn't mean writers, publishers, sellers or purchasers of George's books do.

I hadn't realized how opposed to George you stand.  Are you an Art Bell fan? I never knew Art Bell, although not too long ago, I listened to some recordings and looked up his bumper music.  I didnt get very far though.

To me, George sucks, but like a frustrating pet, I have not entirely forsaken him.  And you *ARE* still here!  But you don't listen at all??  Don't you even love it when he steps in it or falls into his own messes?  You don't ROFL?  He is an inadvertent comedian.

Well, to avoid boring you "ad nauseum", I have tucked my new 15-paragraph suckage summary into an old, obscure suckage thread where appreciative avatars requested such posts.  Although, I had thought that suckage is what this here thread was for...

And gees lady, the good comes with the bad.  I might rant ad nauseum, but I try to inject humor, contribute to a variety of topics, and am usually able to support my claims,  instead of grandstanding and twisting things like that other verbose poster we all know here.  And I take the heat in back rooms from Swishy so he will leave contributors in peace out here!

I never said George isn't a good person.  His money is going somewhere and he burns his credit into the ground, and we can tell it's not for a new Mercedes every week, meaning that the dough is probably going toward good causes.  Everyone knows that giving in private is more honorable than giving publically, just to receive acknowledgement.  Although, in public, he participates in office and radio station charity fundraisers all the time.  He supported that International child, who is probably college-age now, and he helped that senior heart patient with her back mortgage as she was getting back on her feet, and after she had sort of been swindled, I gather.  Did Art publically support charities too?

I like listening to Nori for the same reason that Statler and Waldorf stayed in the balcony box watching the Muppet Show.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 06:56:50 PM
I used to enjoy listening to Norry for the laughs, not every night, not for the whole show, but on quite a few nights for quite a few years actually, but enough was finally enough.  I do still enjoy hearing about his awfulness, and adding my 2c, but I draw the line at listening. 

To me George has intentionally ruined a once great show, though laziness - among other undisireable traits.  I'm disgusted by the Byrnes for their part in enabling this (George is a Worker in the Light?  Really?)  It doesn't matter if no one agrees with me, I'm going to say it anyway. 

What radio do you like?  Ive seen you in other threads, but to be honest, I dont know much about those shows.

WOTR

Quote from: Jojo on November 12, 2017, 03:34:29 PM
The analogy provides anither point of view on why co-authors joined with George.

i.e., George stinks.  Why would anyone reputable write with him!
i.e., Acuras stink.  Why would anyone reputable buy a fleet of them!

I suppose you could always PM Nancy and ask her why her and her husband wrote for Noorie (be sure to ask how the last deal worked out as well so that you can confirm that George is a "good guy.")

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on November 13, 2017, 10:47:53 PM
I suppose you could always PM Nancy and ask her why her and her husband wrote for Noorie (be sure to ask how the last deal worked out as well so that you can confirm that George is a "good guy.")
Why?  Why?  Obviously he charmed Nancy's pants off, and kept his arm around her husband's shoulders!

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2017, 11:08:10 PM
Why?  Why?  Obviously he charmed Nancy's pants off, and kept his arm around her husband's shoulders!

Or offered them money

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2017, 10:41:19 PM
What radio do you like?  Ive seen you in other threads, but to be honest, I dont know much about those shows.

I don't listen to any of them, but the threads you see me on can be entertaining.

Ok, I'll listen to Chefist's Martinez Tonight, or Gabcast if MV is on or if Jaz were to ever do one.  I think that's about it.

Jojo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 13, 2017, 08:24:13 PM
I like listening to Nori for the same reason that Statler and Waldorf stayed in the balcony box watching the Muppet Show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1YamC49Ik

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VakM3mg6XNQ
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
George Noory at 2:10 !!

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 11:11:22 PM
I don't listen to any of them, but the threads you see me on can be entertaining.

Ok, I'll listen to Chefist's Martinez Tonight, or Gabcast if MV is on or if Jaz were to ever do one.  I think that's about it.
I'll have to eventually check these out, thanks. 

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 11:09:56 PM
Or offered them money
Tee hee that would be so lame to have to pay to be in the middle!

Jojo

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 06:44:02 PM
So that's a No on the English classes?
I can recite the alphabet backwards in less than 11 seconds!

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 14, 2017, 02:45:42 AM
Thanks for sharing. Do you actually believe in crystals?
https://sites.google.com/site/mcrais/brain6
Abovs is a website I just found.

Aren't there crystals in radio?

Well, I think looking into crystal balls is more like "scrying" than it is like enjoying crystal communication.  And, scrying can be done with almost anything at all.  Most people, like George's relative, think of reading tea leaves when they think of scrying.  Anyhow, in fortune telling, the crystal ball is used because it it a reflective surface, or mesmerizing like a candle flame or even tea leaves if you are in a creative mindset.  When I look at the flecks in stones, like citrine or opals, it is a very intense yet quiet thing to do too.

As far as crystals, I have had a lot of them, mostly pretty small.  My experience with them is very basic and has not been very rewarding.  But I haven't delved as deep as I would like.  There is always hope.  I can't say I've had any more unusual experiences with crystals than with other things.  But they are allergen-free, easy to care for, and discreet.  I suspect there are special techniques for holding a crystal, in order to get it to communicate.  I just haven't ever learned!

There are some great encyclopedic manuals and probably online websites to tell you which stones are good at what.  I hear there are even stones/crystals for alien communication!  I have followed some of their suggestions.  Unlike herbs, for which I could always repeat successes, with crystals I was never sure how measure success.  There are so many variables in situations.  And I think they are subtle, at least to me. 

Unfortunately, I'm a cardinal fire sign, so a rock would have to be pretty energetic for me to perceive its effect.  Historians say royalty wears gems on their head for good reasons.  I always felt calmer when I had a "soft" (meaning mostly water) stone on, like a pearl, citrine, seashell stuff, turquoise, opal, and others.  I've never felt radiant with hard stones like diamonds, emeralds, rubies, or sapphires on, although I wouldn't mind having some! 

I think there must be something to quartz, since it powers watches and is used in computers.  That's pretty cool.  I suspect some crystals like hematite do record the events around them, and perhaps get full or overloaded at times. I have seen quartz crystals get cloudy from their busy environments, and clear back up to their pretty color after being cleaned, set in the sun, and set in a quiet area.

Rose quartz hasn't brought me any love that I'm aware of.  Not sure about amethyst.  But yellow quartz coincided with new clarity.  And plain quartz always made me feel an unknown strength nearby, but not a harnessed one.

I do think there is something to the cut of a crystal.  A spear will have a different energy release than a sphere, for example.

My mom got some little stones from Africa.  She didn't have to tell me where she got them, because they gave off a very foreign vibe.  It was like I didn't feel comfortable holding them.

Just imagine as our ocean ecology gets worse, what will happen to beautiful corals, mother of pearls, pearls, and abalone.

Actually, I have liked baked/cracked marbles ever since an old lady made me some as a child.  I'm really glad they are back in style after all these years.

Does clay count as a crystal?  It is minerals.  I also am experimenting with it, to see how it can be used to humidify a room.  So far, so good.  Saturated, unglazed clay on a dish seems to keep the air from drying ojt due to electric heat.  I put a piece of clay on top of the soil in a potted plant, hoping it would regulate the humidity of the soil, but I haven't found a correct way to do it.  It doesnt seem to be helping at all.  Its probably supposed to be below the soil.

Along the lines of clay ideas, I finally started putting a second bowl under microwaved bowls after I pull them out of the microwave, so they wouldn't burn my hands!  Every year, I waited for bowls with good handles, but nothing good was marketed.

I have heard some conspiracies regarding gypsum (a crystal) wallboard and covert programs.  But when I google such conspiracy ideas, nothing ever comes up.

Amber resin is a little like crystals.  I only put amber on my clothes or hair.  I don't put it on my skin because although it seemed fun, it had results that were repeatedly, definately, boringly estrogenic.  Every time.  For decades.  That was before, though.  I'm older now and the estrogen has changed, so I could try it again and it might be super!

Whenever I'm around rocks, I think of how long they have been around, even though water cuts through them.  All the histories they have known, without eyes!  But, I've had the same feeling about bricks are around pretty long, too.  Just because a brick is a composite doesn't mean it lacks stone components.

Alabaster is freaky, how it lights up in a dark room.  Even if it never is near a window, it stores light so weirdly.  I used to think that alabaster was radioactive!

And to think that little crystals of sand are what makes glass!  Well, sorry I wasn't much help.  But do check out websites.  I haven't done that.

Aren't Sworovsky crystals great?  I BELIEVE IN SWOROVSKY CRYSTALS !!!!!!!!! 

Quote from: Jojo on November 14, 2017, 04:59:13 AM
https://sites.google.com/site/mcrais/brain6
Abovs is a website I just found.

Aren't there crystals in radio?

Well, I think looking into crystal balls is more like "scrying" than it is like enjoying crystal communication.  And, scrying can be done with almost anything at all.  Most people, like George's relative, think of reading tea leaves when they think of scrying.  Anyhow, in fortune telling, the crystal ball is used because it it a reflective surface, or mesmerizing like a candle flame or even tea leaves if you are in a creative mindset.  When I look at the flecks in stones, like citrine or opals, it is a very intense yet quiet thing to do too.

As far as crystals, I have had a lot of them, mostly pretty small.  My experience with them is very basic and has not been very rewarding.  But I haven't delved as deep as I would like.  There is always hope.  I can't say I've had any more unusual experiences with crystals than with other things.  But they are allergen-free, easy to care for, and discreet.  I suspect there are special techniques for holding a crystal, in order to get it to communicate.  I just haven't ever learned!

There are some great encyclopedic manuals and probably online websites to tell you which stones are good at what.  I hear there are even stones/crystals for alien communication!  I have followed some of their suggestions.  Unlike herbs, for which I could always repeat successes, with crystals I was never sure how measure success.  There are so many variables in situations.  And I think they are subtle, at least to me. 

Unfortunately, I'm a cardinal fire sign, so a rock would have to be pretty energetic for me to perceive its effect.  Historians say royalty wears gems on their head for good reasons.  I always felt calmer when I had a "soft" (meaning mostly water) stone on, like a pearl, citrine, seashell stuff, turquoise, opal, and others.  I've never felt radiant with hard stones like diamonds, emeralds, rubies, or sapphires on, although I wouldn't mind having some! 

I think there must be something to quartz, since it powers watches and is used in computers.  That's pretty cool.  I suspect some crystals like hematite do record the events around them, and perhaps get full or overloaded at times. I have seen quartz crystals get cloudy from their busy environments, and clear back up to their pretty color after being cleaned, set in the sun, and set in a quiet area.

Rose quartz hasn't brought me any love that I'm aware of.  Not sure about amethyst.  But yellow quartz coincided with new clarity.  And plain quartz always made me feel an unknown strength nearby, but not a harnessed one.

I do think there is something to the cut of a crystal.  A spear will have a different energy release than a sphere, for example.

My mom got some little stones from Africa.  She didn't have to tell me where she got them, because they gave off a very foreign vibe.  It was like I didn't feel comfortable holding them.

Just imagine as our ocean ecology gets worse, what will happen to beautiful corals, mother of pearls, pearls, and abalone.

Actually, I have liked baked/cracked marbles ever since an old lady made me some as a child.  I'm really glad they are back in style after all these years.

Does clay count as a crystal?  It is minerals.  I also am experimenting with it, to see how it can be used to humidify a room.  So far, so good.  Saturated, unglazed clay on a dish seems to keep the air from drying ojt due to electric heat.  I put a piece of clay on top of the soil in a potted plant, hoping it would regulate the humidity of the soil, but I haven't found a correct way to do it.  It doesnt seem to be helping at all.  Its probably supposed to be below the soil.

Along the lines of clay ideas, I finally started putting a second bowl under microwaved bowls after I pull them out of the microwave, so they wouldn't burn my hands!  Every year, I waited for bowls with good handles, but nothing good was marketed.

I have heard some conspiracies regarding gypsum (a crystal) wallboard and covert programs.  But when I google such conspiracy ideas, nothing ever comes up.

Amber resin is a little like crystals.  I only put amber on my clothes or hair.  I don't put it on my skin because although it seemed fun, it had results that were repeatedly, definately, boringly estrogenic.  Every time.  For decades.  That was before, though.  I'm older now and the estrogen has changed, so I could try it again and it might be super!

Whenever I'm around rocks, I think of how long they have been around, even though water cuts through them.  All the histories they have known, without eyes!  But, I've had the same feeling about bricks are around pretty long, too.  Just because a brick is a composite doesn't mean it lacks stone components.

Alabaster is freaky, how it lights up in a dark room.  Even if it never is near a window, it stores light so weirdly.  I used to think that alabaster was radioactive!

And to think that little crystals of sand are what makes glass!  Well, sorry I wasn't much help.  But do check out websites.  I haven't done that.

Aren't Sworovsky crystals great?  I BELIEVE IN SWOROVSKY CRYSTALS !!!!!!!!!
Interesting. Have you ever injested clay? I ask because some ppl bake a certain type of red clay mud and eat it. I have heard that women will often crave this when they are pregnant (men are not prohibited from this practice but it is kind of frowned upon, and whatever benefits that are alledged will not be realized if a male eats dirt) Personally, i doubt there is any insight to be gained from eating dirt, but i had a girlfriend whose mother believed in and promoted the practice for whatever reason. In full disclosure, the woman was also a full-blown hypocondriac prone to all manner of superstition. Take it for whatever its worth to you

albrecht

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 14, 2017, 05:58:36 AM
Interesting. Have you ever injested clay? I ask because some ppl bake a certain type of red clay mud and eat it. I have heard that women will often crave this when they are pregnant (men are not prohibited from this practice but it is kind of frowned upon, and whatever benefits that are alledged will not be realized if a male eats dirt) Personally, i doubt there is any insight to be gained from eating dirt, but i had a girlfriend whose mother believed in and promoted the practice for whatever reason. In full disclosure, the woman was also a full-blown hypocondriac prone to all manner of superstition. Take it for whatever its worth to you
Remember when a coach or old timer would say after getting a scrap or minor cut: "just rub some dirt on it and git back out there?"
https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/antibacterial-clays-can-kill-antibiotic-resistant-e-coli-and-mrsa
Eating dirt phenomena, partially, explained:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/04/02/297881388/the-old-and-mysterious-practice-of-eating-dirt-revealed
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110602162820.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/13/us/southern-practice-of-eating-dirt-shows-signs-of-waning.html

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 11, 2017, 09:28:40 PM
The way he says, "Hallooooooouuuuoooouuuuoooo" to female callers, ugh.

George thinks he is a playboy millionaire that the women just love.

mike_olsen

Quote from: ItsOver on November 11, 2017, 07:47:56 AM
Church is Snooron's even sleazier bro.  He sounds like a Wolfman Jack-wannabee, loaded down with gold bling, who hawks fake Rolex watches on a street corner.

Here's Yimmy kissing Jorch's ring butt.

It's clear Jorch will only pick guest hosts (Knapp being the exception) that will suck and have low ratings among the audience to keep on par with his low rating ass.

Case in point, is what he did to John Wells, who was by far the best C2C host since Art Bell.

Listen at 6:48 to Jorch's condescending response to a caller inquiring about John Wells. Snoory has no morals!

https://youtu.be/wisOlk-7m5g

Parris001

I've been gone for a couple of days. Tell me, does George still suck?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: mike_olsen on November 14, 2017, 02:15:17 PM
It's clear Jorch will only pick guest hosts (Knapp being the exception) that will suck and have low ratings among the audience to keep on par with his low rating ass.

Case in point, is what he did to John Wells, who was by far the best C2C host since Art Bell.

Listen at 6:48 to Jorch's condescending response to a caller inquiring about John Wells. Snoory has no morals!

https://youtu.be/wisOlk-7m5g

When I interviewed JBW, I asked him specifically about that call.

mike_olsen

Quote from: username on November 14, 2017, 05:29:14 PM

When I interviewed JBW, I asked him specifically about that call.

What did he say about it? I assume it was probably a non-issue for him,