George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 03, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
It took him 30 seconds to name-drop Billy Mummy

To clarify, we included the intro prior to the break. Discounting that...yep, 30 seconds.

I misspelled his name, something George would do. That's humiliating.

NoMoreNoory

William Foreskin, talking about the rumored shut down of the grid mentioned ham radio enthusiasts and -presumably confusing Joorch with a well-known former Coast host - added "Something I know you're very interested in'.
And what does Joorch say? A slightly strangled and unconvincing 'Yup.'

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
Of course, the other thing on this as has been noted by others here, is that George claims to be a big fan of the Twilight Zone, yet only cites the same two or three episodes over and over.

Just to make Nori unhappy: http://www.oldpicsarchive.com/creepy-vintage-clowns-23-photos/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed last night's show.  I don't believe Craig B Fraudlet was the originally scheduled guest.

I have Coast Insider, I need to find exactly what Fraudlet said on Jeb Bush becoming President in the 2016 election.  It was something like "I'm not giving you my prediction, I"m telling you what is going to happen.  You don't actually have a say in the matter, it's already been decided."

Of course, Fraudlet now completely denies he ever said any such thing.
To be fair to the guy, I do remember he admitted to being wrong about that one. Sorry, can't remember the date but it wasn't long after the election that Norry had him on the show to ask about it. Cheers!

136 or 142

I find Coast Insider to be the easiest.  More money than brains.

James Aubrey was a nasty man.  One story on him is that when cancelling the Jack Benny Show, Aubrey called Benny up and started the call by saying "You're through."

136 or 142

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 03, 2017, 11:30:01 PM
To be fair to the guy, I do remember he admitted to being wrong about that one. Sorry, can't remember the date but it wasn't long after the election that Norry had him on the show to ask about it. Cheers!

Don't remember that.  It may have been the election night show.  I remember him this year though saying "I never said who would win, I just said who the elites wanted to win." or something like that.

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 03, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
It took him 30 seconds to name-drop Billy Mumy.

Many thanks to ItsOver for predicting that.
Well, you didn't need to be Sylvia Browne to predict that one j/k

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 11:35:00 PM
Don't remember that.  It may have been the election night show.  I remember him this year though saying "I never said who would win, I just said who the elites wanted to win." or something like that.
It's hit and miss with me on this show so it is indeed possible that he at some other time qualified his statements and i was't tuned in. Also, memory is a funny thing...so there's that too

Ouch got Zorro wrong, no internet research before blurting

136 or 142

I should be put to death, but I'm going to do my own plug for Coast Insider. When I listen to downloaded torrents or on Youtube (and not necessarily just Coast to Coast but a lot of talk shows/documentaries) I find the sound isn't great and I lose concentration.  One thing about Coast Insider I find is that the sound is very clear.  Even when listening while playing scrabble I don't lose concentration (which isn't easy with a Nori interview.)

Morgus

Surprise visit from Billy Mumy.
Billy would correct Noory's error on the actor who played Zorro (Guy Williams) since he also played Billy's father on Lost in Space where Billy was Will Robinson...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Morgus on November 03, 2017, 11:48:37 PM
Surprise visit from Billy Mumy.
Billy would correct Noory's error on the actor who played Zorro (Guy Williams) since he also played Billy's father on Lost in Space where Billy was Will Robinson...

Noory: "Give us the bad,bad man line."
Mumy: "Speak to my agent, George."

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on November 03, 2017, 11:17:41 PM
I wonder about that. On the odd occasion I want to record a show to listen to later (mostly when Knapp is hosting), I just set Tune-In to record. And I don't, but could, keep them for as long as I choose.
I like to be able to verbatim check out misspeaks and gaffes. But recurring billing (Insider) is a $38 NSF risk for me, plus more if it causes other drafts to have a problem.  I tried pre-paid cards, but they are expensive, cheesy, and fly-by-night.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on November 03, 2017, 07:19:33 PM
"Whut about sand scripts?  Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?"

I remember that one. 

Jojo

Is this the Bible-bullets-and beans caller?  Why are they dickering about alcoholic drinking?  The Bible-bullets-and beans caller has set George straight before, reminding George that there is no "beer" in Bible-bullets-and beans. WTF.

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 07:41:46 PM
All I remember about the film is the little girl on the plane with the puppet. "Noooooo SMOKING! N-O-S-M-O-K-I-N-G! Nooooo SMOKING!" She grew up and destroyed all the bars in the country.
Sure has been great for people with breathing conditions to be able to go out dancing for many years now!  What a way to strengthen the lungs.

Swishypants

Quote from: Jojo on November 04, 2017, 01:37:10 AM
Sure has been great for people with breathing conditions to be able to go out dancing for many years now!  What a way to strengthen the lungs.

If you are dancing, it's not a *Bar! A Bar is filled with smoke, and a shit-kicker band behind chicken-wire. There are peanut shells all over the floor and dart boards and pool tables. No one dances. They just drink Hamm's and Lonestar and Pearl and Budweiser, or smoke Marlboro's and Winston's dispensed from a cigarette machine in the corner if they want to, listen to the band, and fight! :)

*Saloon is also acceptable.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on November 03, 2017, 11:52:20 AM
Did he really say that? Wowzer!
Tbf, he'd have to be a Young Earth Creationist as per Kenneth Hamm of Creation Museum fame (the earth and everything that ever existed on it is no more than 6,000 years old and we co-existed happily with the dinosaurs because there was no death and all animals were vegetarian until Eve fucked Adam) to be getting dinosaurs on the ark, but nevertheless, if you believe that everything in The Bible actually happened, there's a long, long list of questions begged!

George has said he leans toward Zecharia Sitchin.  According to Wikipedia, Sitchin believed his own Annunaki theories were compatible with the Bible.  Wikipedia articles are publically edited, but right now that quote follows citation 8.

Quote from: Jojo on November 04, 2017, 01:34:02 AM
Is this the Bible-bullets-and beans caller?  Why are they dickering about alcoholic drinking?  The Bible-bullets-and beans caller has set George straight before, reminding George that there is no "beer" in Bible-bullets-and beans. WTF.
Cornelius in Alexandria, LA is the BBB guy. That was Barry in SC, another regular  :)

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 04, 2017, 02:04:58 AM
Cornelius in Alexandria, LA is the BBB guy. That was Barry in SC, another regular  :)
Thanks! If George was concerned about the guy staggering, he could have made a welfare call. 
I'm sure Tom has Barry's number.  But nooooo.  Why not just irritate teetotalers plus embarass Barry nationally. 

Jojo

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 01:41:23 AM
If you are dancing, it's not a *Bar! A Bar is filled with smoke, and a shit-kicker band behind chicken-wire. There are peanut shells all over the floor and dart boards and pool tables. No one dances. They just drink Hamm's and Lonestar and Pearl and Budweiser, or smoke Marlboro's and Winston's dispensed from a cigarette machine in the corner if they want to, listen to the band, and fight! :)

*Saloon is also acceptable.
All of the above, plus dancing.  Two-stepping.  Hip-hop. 

Quote from: Jojo on November 04, 2017, 02:07:13 AM
Thanks! If George was concerned about the guy staggering, he could have made a welfare call. 
I'm sure Tom has Barry's number.  But nooooo.  Why not just irritate teetotalers plus embarass Barry nationally.
You're welcome, my friend. I think George said he was joking and that he didn't really see him staggering about. There was some cross-talk during the conversation to muddy things up (nothing new there) but that's how i heard it.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on October 01, 2017, 12:53:32 PM
Alcohol in Coast:
All I Have to Do is Dream
Hey nineteen
Deacon Blue
Lighter Shade of Pale

Jojo

Quote from: sumthinz going on on November 04, 2017, 02:37:15 AM
You're welcome, my friend. I think George said he was joking and that he didn't really see him staggering about. There was some cross-talk during the conversation to muddy things up (nothing new there) but that's how i heard it.
Well I turned it off.  I might as well read Mad magazine for the level of humor.  See you Monday...

mike_olsen

Quote from: albrecht on November 02, 2017, 01:05:04 PM
Nah just bad program director and producer and crappy hosts. I saw the subject and also thought "they just did this show" and didn't listen. Tearing down my Halloween decorations outside I actually listened to the recent G2G. How awful. Besides dumping early and having a guest instead of callers he didn't let the guest get really into any of his stories. And the few callers Norry allowed? I swear some were repeats of past shows or then had called in before with those stories on a rare OL night. And then Norry simply rehased stories he told so many times before and then went to a recorded replay of him reading Poe. Awful stuff. He is not only lazy but really showed his contempt for the audience that night.

I listened to the G2G show and it was a horrible noory experience to say the least. Also, there was no doubt in my mind that he was inebriated.. fumbling/slurring at least 1 word in every sentence he spoke -- even more than usual by snoory's standards, if one can imagine that. It was embarrassing for the network and downright nauseating. Snoory should really tend in his resignation, but we all know he won't because his greedy ass wants the money, believing he is somewhat of a "celebrity".. delusional numskull.

Also, you are right, he does have major contempt for his audience. For starters, A standard show like coast2coast is supposed to be at least 40 minutes each hour, but snoory and dumbheiser cut down hours 2-4 to a paltry 35 minutes each.. and 13 minutes wasted at the end of hour 4 with his terrible rendition of the tell-tale heart that he has played many times before. So, if we add up the time of actual call-ins, we come to about only an hour and 20 minutes of air-time for callers for a show advertised as "4 hours"... yeah right.  How many calls were there, 10? 15? Yeah, what a great interactive G2G! I remember having Art having 4-5 times as many calls. Not to mention the lousy filler of Dumbheiser and snoory rambling back and forth with their moronic observations and comments.

mike_olsen

Quote from: Jojo on November 03, 2017, 01:31:07 AM
Spewing!

Jorch did this as well to an unprecedented level when Mr. Lobo was on a week or 2 ago. He pretended as if we wasn't doing so, when he told Lobo "Yeah, I think Brad Pitt was in Interview with a Vampire!" "You should look it up".. then the very next hour with Lobo he dropped all pretenses and googled every movie mentioned, giving precise details and years the movies were filmed in, knowledge he would have no way of knowing otherwise.

mike_olsen

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 02:05:47 AM
maybe he's in the early stages of dementia though I think it's just Jorch being Jorch but I just heard something pretty messed up even by Jorch standards. His guest is a 'researcher' into the unexplained mysteries of America. He believes the mound builders of the Midwest were not our native Americans but a neanderthal like race of giants who reached America by boat.  So in the space of maybe 30 minutes the guest describes these giants and notes their knowledge of advanced mathematics, 'pi and the Pythagorean triangle, the isoceles triangle', he mentions this at least twice. NOT 10 MINUTES AFTER THE GUEST MENTIONS THIS FOR THE SECOND TIME .... Jorch pauses for thought and asks him 'What about mathematics? Did they know anything about math?'

The guest sounded dumbfounded and once again repeated the same information because it would be rude to say 'wtf dude, are you gaslighting me? i just told you about that a few minutes ago.'

I think Jorch did his usual napping when the guest was talking. He never has a discussion with a guest. Someone -- most likely dumbheiser -- prepares a series of questions for the guest which Jorch in turn then asks in an apparent random order to make it seem like he's following what the guest is saying. He's not intelligent enough to carry a conversation by himself.