• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 12:43:43 AM
Jorch is such a spineless shell of a broadcaster. He doesn't have the intellect or balls to challenge guests, he agrees with everything they say no matter how preposterous the shit that comes from a guest's mouth is. The last time I listened a few days ago he had this gay sounding self styled exorcist, he's been on before. So the guy is telling his wild story about a possessed older woman he attended to in her home, the blow by blow description was amazing, a 25 minute epic battle with demons, the guy says he's 250 pounds and to fight a demon you have to be big and strong or you'd stand no chance. Jorch of course just goes along with him as if it's all very real offering a typical Nooryesque response 'They're strong aren't they'...

Oh shit, hahaha.  Typical Norry.  He's on auto-pilot.  I guess the guest was fortunate he was at least listening.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 03:32:07 AM
Not sure if Jorch has ever come out of the closet before as a Fundamentalist but he unequivocally stated tonight that everything in the Bible is true. 'I believe the Bible is true. Some things are open to interpretation like are fallen angels extraterrestrials but everything in the Bible happened.' Somebody needs to call in and ask him the dinosaurs on the Ark question, always entertaining to hear fundamentalists handle that one. The man is an idiot and a bullshit artist.

And has little idea what's in the Bible

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 03:32:07 AM
Not sure if Jorch has ever come out of the closet before as a Fundamentalist but he unequivocally stated tonight that everything in the Bible is true. 'I believe the Bible is true. Some things are open to interpretation like are fallen angels extraterrestrials but everything in the Bible happened.' Somebody needs to call in and ask him the dinosaurs on the Ark question, always entertaining to hear fundamentalists handle that one. The man is an idiot and a bullshit artist.

Did he really say that? Wowzer!
Tbf, he'd have to be a Young Earth Creationist as per Kenneth Hamm of Creation Museum fame (the earth and everything that ever existed on it is no more than 6,000 years old and we co-existed happily with the dinosaurs because there was no death and all animals were vegetarian until Eve fucked Adam) to be getting dinosaurs on the ark, but nevertheless, if you believe that everything in The Bible actually happened, there's a long, long list of questions begged!

NoMoreNoory

In the bit of the Mound Culture/giants bit I heard last night, Mothman got mentioned and Joorch piped up about a 'very ancient' Native American tale of a chief doing battle with such a creature. It attacked the chief 'with its beak and claws and stuff like that,' said Noory. And ground to a halt. 'It's a great story' he added. And ground to a halt again before floundering back up with 'And, er, I do a little rendition of it myself from time to time, and, er......So, tell me [insert 3x5 question here]....'

Can you imagine? Maybe he does it as an encore after The Tell-Tale Heart.

Parris001

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on November 03, 2017, 12:10:02 PM
In the bit of the Mound Culture/giants bit I heard last night, Mothman got mentioned and Joorch piped up about a 'very ancient' Native American tale of a chief doing battle with such a creature. It attacked the chief 'with its beak and claws and stuff like that,' said Noory. And ground to a halt. 'It's a great story' he added. And ground to a halt again before floundering back up with 'And, er, I do a little rendition of it myself from time to time, and, er......So, tell me [insert 3x5 question here]....'

Can you imagine? Maybe he does it as an encore after The Tell-Tale Heart.

Last night’s show was horrid.

ItsOver

Quote from: Parris001 on November 03, 2017, 01:10:04 PM
Last night’s show was horrid.
Don't worry.  I'm sure tonight's 50th rehash of the Twilight Zone will be even better. 

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on November 03, 2017, 02:47:18 PM
Don't worry.  I'm sure tonight's 50th rehash of the Twilight Zone will be even better. 

I heard something on the news about the Twilight Zone being remade for a new tv show. Starring someone Jordan Peel (I have no idea who this is.) I'm sure, like all of the recently Hollywood remakes it was be excellent and better than the original.  ;) Maybe this is Norry's attempt to ingratiate himself with the new remake? He always seems to be trying to get into the Hollywood scene.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 03:02:44 PM
I heard something on the news about the Twilight Zone being remade for a new tv show. Starring someone Jordan Peel (I have no idea who this is.) I'm sure, like all of the recently Hollywood remakes it was be excellent and better than the original.  ;) Maybe this is Norry's attempt to ingratiate himself with the new remake? He always seems to be trying to get into the Hollywood scene.
Ha!  Yes, positively, any remake will be much better!  ;) ;D  I shutter to think what the current crop of Hollyweird PC pervs would come-up with.  Beyond name-dropping Mumy, Jorch would love to get in on anything or anyone to play off of the Twilight Zone to enhance his personal hob-nobbing with Hollywood.  Those LAX-Boston flights could really get busy. :) 

I thought the 80's reboot of Twilight Zone was pretty good so who knows.  The one with Forrest Whitaker as host sucked though.

Parris001

It will take talent to relaunch The Twilight Zone. And there’s none of that left in Hollyweird, so don’t hold your breath.

Quote from: Parris001 on November 03, 2017, 03:52:59 PM
It will take talent to relaunch The Twilight Zone. And there’s none of that left in Hollyweird, so don’t hold your breath.

True, you still had great actors in the 80's along with great writers.  Those days are over.

Swishypants

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 03, 2017, 03:38:04 PM
I thought the 80's reboot of Twilight Zone was pretty good so who knows.  The one with Forrest Whitaker as host sucked though.

Didn't Jennifer Jason Lee's Dad get killed in that movie for real?

ShayP

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 04:55:02 PM

Yes.  Jennifer Jason Leigh's father...Vic Morrow...was killed in a helicopter accident along with two children while filming a scene.

That was the movie with Vic Morrow.  The  TV reboot that I'm referring to happened a few years later.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 03, 2017, 10:45:37 AM
And has little idea what's in the Bible
"Whut about sand scripts?  Are they called sand scripts because they were written on tablets of sand?"

albrecht

Yeah, Vic Morrow, but in the movie version not the tv remake. Also there were two illegal oriental kids killed in the helicopter mishap but everyone just remembers Vic's death. All too bad. And LOTTTSSS of lawsuits, so lawyers made some change.

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 07:28:56 PM
Yeah, Vic Morrow, but in the movie version not the tv remake. Also there were two illegal oriental kids killed in the helicopter mishap but everyone just remembers Vic's death. All too bad. And LOTTTSSS of lawsuits, so lawyers made some change.

All I remember about the film is the little girl on the plane with the puppet. "Noooooo SMOKING! N-O-S-M-O-K-I-N-G! Nooooo SMOKING!" She grew up and destroyed all the bars in the country.

Swishypants

The quotes in the upper right are banal and unfunny. I wish that guy didn't die. "We did it with COCAINE!"

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on November 03, 2017, 05:13:35 PM
Yes.  Jennifer Jason Leigh's father...Vic Morrow...was killed in a helicopter accident along with two children while filming a scene.
I was wrong... someone did remember that it wasn't just Vic who died in the helicopter mishap but also some Oriental kids working illegally. I'm sure Norry will seize on that, even if they weren't "babies." Still dead children so an interest, for him.

Parris001

Yeah. Seems I remember hearing that.........

Parris001

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 07:56:44 PM
I was wrong... someone did remember that it wasn't just Vic who died in the helicopter mishap but also some Oriental kids working illegally. I'm sure Norry will seize on that, even if they weren't "babies." Still dead children so an interest, for him.

Were they mean babies?

It's not so long ago this Twilight Zone guy was on the show. It's not so much that Snorch has so many repeat guests but more that Noory is so limited intellectually that the exact same questions will be asked again and make you as a listener feel like you're having a deja vu experience.

We need to start keeping count of the long awkward pauses that follow when George comes out with a non-sequitur that leaves the guest speechless. There was a beauty last night with the ancient burial mounds guy, can't remember the comment though that hung in the air like crotch rot.

Swishypants

Quote from: Parris001 on November 03, 2017, 08:43:46 PM
Were they mean babies?

They were CONG! Tunneled their way in to try and Blow up John Wayne's house!

136 or 142

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 03, 2017, 08:45:36 PM
It's not so long ago this Twilight Zone guy was on the show. It's not so much that Snorch has so many repeat guests but more that Noory is so limited intellectually that the exact same questions will be asked again and make you as a listener feel like you're having a deja vu experience.

We need to start keeping count of the long awkward pauses that follow when George comes out with a non-sequitur that leaves the guest speechless. There was a beauty last night with the ancient burial mounds guy, can't remember the comment though that hung in the air like crotch rot.

Of course, the other thing on this as has been noted by others here, is that George claims to be a big fan of the Twilight Zone, yet only cites the same two or three episodes over and over.

Just to make Nori unhappy: http://www.oldpicsarchive.com/creepy-vintage-clowns-23-photos/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed last night's show.  I don't believe Craig B Fraudlet was the originally scheduled guest.

I have Coast Insider, I need to find exactly what Fraudlet said on Jeb Bush becoming President in the 2016 election.  It was something like "I'm not giving you my prediction, I"m telling you what is going to happen.  You don't actually have a say in the matter, it's already been decided."

Of course, Fraudlet now completely denies he ever said any such thing.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 03, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
Of course, the other thing on this as has been noted by others here, is that George claims to be a big fan of the Twilight Zone, yet only cites the same two or three episodes over and over.

Just to make Nori unhappy: http://www.oldpicsarchive.com/creepy-vintage-clowns-23-photos/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed last night's show.  I don't believe Craig B Fraudlet was the originally scheduled guest.

I have Coast Insider, I need to find exactly what Fraudlet said on Jeb Bush becoming President in the 2016 election.  It was something like "I'm not giving you my prediction, I"m telling you what is going to happen.  You don't actually have a say in the matter, it's already been decided."

Of course, Fraudlet now completely denies he ever said any such thing.

Why do so many people still pay for 'coast insider'...?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 03, 2017, 10:36:49 PM
Why do so many people still pay for 'coast insider'...?

I wonder about that. On the odd occasion I want to record a show to listen to later (mostly when Knapp is hosting), I just set Tune-In to record. And I don't, but could, keep them for as long as I choose.

It took him 30 seconds to name-drop Billy Mumy.

Many thanks to ItsOver for predicting that.

albrecht

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on November 03, 2017, 11:20:44 PM
It took him 30 seconds to name-drop Billy Mummy
We should've had a squares game on it.

NoMoreNoory

61 seconds. The length of time it took from the start of this interview to Joorch mentioning that Billy Mumy has been on Coast.

Look out for a cookbook and a corn field or two coming your way soon.