• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on June 20, 2017, 11:46:01 PM
George's science teacher anecdote about planets .. check.

He also mentioned talking to his mother about science.  ::)   Have you ever noticed Noory never talks about his father regarding anything except for when he changed majors?

poor Jorch, he's been told Santa Claus doesn't exist but that won't keep him down for long - in one ear out the other, intelligent design wins again

great callers - 'i'm a planetary theorist'

Quote from: ShayP on June 20, 2017, 11:59:04 PM
...  Have you ever noticed Noory never talks about his father regarding anything except for when he changed majors?

Well, there was the hamster stomping incident

zeebo

Good analogy from Krauss, that if the Earth is only 6000 years old that's like saying the U.S. is 17 feet across lol.   :P

Guest: I just returned from a trip around the world

Jorch: That's a long way. It really is.

nobody would believe this in my daytime life.

coaster

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 21, 2017, 12:27:47 AM

I have to give George credit. He has held down a long and rewarding career despite having Down Syndrome.
I can't believe some of you still tune in to him after all these years.

CozyRozie

Quote from: coaster on June 21, 2017, 12:34:01 AM
I have to give George credit. He has held down a long and rewarding career despite having Down Syndrome.
I can't believe some of you still tune in to him after all these years.

some of us tune in to his guests only
Dafe Norry is just background irritant

Jorch writes his own ad copy - this for his prepper survivalist food sponsor

'I predict something's going to happen. Don't know where, don't know when.'

zeebo

Quote from: coaster on June 21, 2017, 12:34:01 AM
...I can't believe some of you still tune in to him after all these years.

I also watch Jerry Springer and eat Taco Bell sometimes but it doesn't mean I'm proud about it.   ;D

CozyRozie

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2017, 12:58:53 AM
I also watch Jerry Springer and eat Taco Bell sometimes but it doesn't mean I'm proud about it.   ;D

I'm proud of uew!

Jorch much more comfortable talking to psychics than physicists.

Coast really is Darwin's waiting room.

tonights show makes me think of an old gameshow, perhaps it was "password"??
phychic: is there an "s"
caller: no
phychic: well then, how about a "j"?
caller: no
psychic: i see something about smoking, what about that?
caller: almost as if on cue, coughs that obvious smoker's cough
psychic: someone is telling me you should stop smoking
george with that funny bell: ding ding, thirty seconds!

CozyRozie

Quote from: CozyRozie on June 20, 2017, 12:46:16 AM
Should we curse Dafe, put a spell on that fucker,for example that he develops medical condition (from taking all those massive dozes of supplements especialli turmeriik) so he gets permanent erection in his dick.
No I'm not (Redacted) who was wishing Dafe death, I like to wish him something very enjoyable.
His karayokii tours will be over, first problem will be Airport security never mind standing on the stage.
Second, sitting in the chair for 4 hours with full hard-on will make his dick head to explode for sure, blood will gush all over the soundboard, remember that apparently he has 12"uncut Egyptian cock so you know the "pressure in the vessel" will be uggge

Let's put our minds togheter and wish Dafe non-stop hard-on.
He doesn't need blood in his head anywayz, there is nothing there to nourish so might as well his dick get's some bloody action...

OK, maybe this is not such a doable idea how to 'remove' that stupid goof from hosting C2C.

How about this then:
We all (the *haters) close our eyes several times/day and imagine that Georhe is stuttering. Just simply stuttering, that his voice is shaking
and braking down when he is hosting Coast To Coast AM.
This should be quite easy for every *hater to envision in their minds eye and in their emotional energy center.

I'm mad as Hell that this intellectual midget is wasting such a valuable opportunity for people to be really enriched by program such as C2C but this slime turn it into a clogged toilet bowl with main purpose to promote his RapeDate site and snake oil frauds.
Therefore I feel that is totally OK for us to wish him /not some medical health harm,no we are not (Redacted) who was wishing him death/ but to wish him not health dangerous condition of stuttering, many people have this condition and leave normal healthy lives, but they can not work as a radio hosts.

And this fucker has an audacity to brag on the air that he has multi year contract signed with C2C.
WE NEED TO USE OUR PSYCHIC ENERGIES AND TO NEUTRALIZE HIM.

Therefore I officially wish that this fucker George Ralph N. that he starts stuttering on the air when he is hosting C2C Show.
We need different,intelligent host of C2C.
GEORGE NEEDS TO GO - PLEASE UNIVERSE HELP US, FOR THE ENRICHMENT OF THE HUMANITY PLEASE HELP.
Let him retire in comfort or manage full time his RapeDate site but remove him from hosting C2C.
PLEASE UNIVERSE DO IT A.S.A.P.
So be it. 

CozyRozie

I wonder how many of you fuckers will click on that phone to read the message

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 20, 2017, 11:36:50 PM
"Up next, we'll be talking through the eyes of a physicist."

And out of the ass of George Noory.
Ha!  Jorch, Mr. Big Time radio show host.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 21, 2017, 12:27:47 AM

Here's an idea to get rid of Noory. Send him away on a long trip. Maybe get NASA to put him on a rocket to the sun. With no air conditioner.

NoMoreNoory

With Dumb As Hell almost upon us, and talk of ghost writers on these pages a little while back, I decided it’s time to do what I promised to do â€" well, almost a year ago: post my review of the magnum opus that is Night Talk by Papa George Fitzgerald Noory. Yes, I did struggle through to the end and, trust me, it was a struggle.
Let me deal with ghost writers first. I will confidently state that none was involved here. No-one is credited or acknowledged as such. Indeed his scant four lines of Acknowledgements â€" mostly his family â€" does not even mention an editor. The lack of such is immediately apparent. A ghost writer or an editor might be expected to have a basic understanding of the structure of a novel, and it is very clear that no such person got near this thing. Moreover, the manuscript, far from being professionally proof-read, has clearly not been so much as glanced at by anyone with a passing acquaintance with the English language. In short, this turd could only be the product of our own Joorch “Dave” Noory and his own inadequate linguistic skillls. I was reminded of nothing more than Truman Capote’s famously sneering dismissal of Jack Kerouac: ‘That’s not writing, it’s just typing.’
Who else could describe an object as being ‘a round cylinder’? Or talk about a character who waits while ‘he booted up his computer tablet’? Or refer to that well-known cinematic genre ‘car chase films’?
Chapters are annoyingly, pointlessly short. Chapter breaks appear in the middle of a conversation, and the next chapter begins with a continuation of the same conversation in the same location. Indeed I began to think that Joorch must be dictating some of this at stop lights on his way home from the studio, in between mouthfuls of turkey sammidge. Much of this feels dictated. Dictated and then transcribed verbatim and sent to press with no revisions or passes. How else does the sentence ‘We can imply from what we’ve seen that Nowell didn’t know the woman...’ escape without someone pointing out that ‘imply’ is incorrect, and should be ‘infer’ or ‘deduce’? Or the use of horribly clumsy words like ‘Getting the whole news media to hold it didn’t sound doable’? Again, ‘…the EMTs, cops and coroner people who showed up at the scene’? Have you ever seen anyone ‘purse’ their brow? One of Joorch’s characters does it. Does anyone know what a ‘police attitude test’ is? An aptitude test I’m familiar with.
At one point, Noory’s hero and heroine are trapped in a burning building, and our author displays the breadth and invention of his vocabulary. In the space of one page, we get:
‘The room was filled with smoke, which made them go into coughing spasms.’
‘He took a deep breath and choked on smoke, going into a coughing spasm.’
‘Choking on the smoke…’
‘The space was dark and thick with smoke, sending them both gasping for air and into coughing spasms.’
‘…coughing as smoke from the fire burned their lungs.’
Smoke makes you cough. In spasms. Geddit?

Absurdly long sentences with no punctuation leave you feeling slightly dizzy, or just keep going on and on for no apparent  reason. This is at its worse when Joorch wants to impress you with his detailed knowledge, as in this example:
‘So was the clutter that surrounded the house and barn like a lake of cast-offs from the sea â€" the anchors and portholes Greg mentioned, rusty old cannons removed from Davy Jones’s locker, the helm to steer an ocean liner or a day fisher, propellers to drive a ship [Helpful that, in case you don’t know what a ship’s propeller does], winches to raise the sails on a ten-meter sloop, lifeboats and dinghies, oars, lines, masts, booms, buoys, engines [Did you know Joorch was in the Navy? He knows these things. Hold on, we’re not done yet], figureheads from the bows of sailing ships, bowsprits, galley stoves on gimbals to rock with the sea and a host of other salty artifacts, nautical treasures or junk, depending on your perspective.’
Rule of three, Joorch, rule of three!!

Oh, I could go on.

Let me give Joorch a brief moment of credit. There is a germ of a half-decent idea in here, and if he was able to recognise his own limitations and seek the assistance or guidance of someone who knew what they were doing, he might have produced a passable novel to pass a long plane ride. But he has no clue what he’s doing, so this isn’t that. His characters are entirely one-dimensional. The plot, such as it is, is laid out in the first twenty or so pages, and barely developed over the remaining three hundred. Action keeps stopping so his protagonists can have long conversations about all Joorch’s favourite canards. Joorch is very eager to show-off how much he’s learned about the geography of LA â€" why, I bet he even knows where the hospitals are these days in case of pizza roll emergiencies. Towards the end, there is a bizarre, irrelevant and geographically mystifying drive in fog up a mountain somewhere which is only there so Joorch can throw in an alien encounter for his hero.

And then it just, well, ends. No real conclusion or resolution. Indeed, as George Noory’s alter ego Greg Nowell walks ‘into the light’ in the final sentence, I was filled with a profound sense of dread as the possibility of a sequel to Night Talk crept into my brain.

In summary: a waste of paper.

-GNS

ShayP

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 21, 2017, 12:00:48 PM
With Dumb As Hell almost upon us, and talk of ghost writers on these pages a little while back, I decided it’s time to do what I promised to do â€" well, almost a year ago: post my review of the magnum opus that is Night Talk by Papa George Fitzgerald Noory.

Thank you for this.  8)

I may sacrifice myself and read Noory's upcoming book.  What pearls of wisdom may be found I don't know.  LOL!  I realize I'll be, essentially, throwing away money on it , but I am curious.  :D

zeebo

Haha, yeah thanks NMN.  Parts of that read like his casual on-air 'observances' i.e. a hastily paraphrased Wikipedia article. 

Dateline

I have discovered the first unauthorized review of "Mad As Hell."

First I am Mad as Hell that I spent the money and Mad as Hell that trees are giving their life in the production of this light-weight vanilla memoir.  First, Norry begins to rant on his views on the world as we know it.  "People are whacked out today" and  "People are really acting strange."  The book reads like a transcript of the news commentary from Coast.

Sprinkled through the book are some cursory UFO accounts such as Rendlesham Forest and other common UFO accounts.  These may be new knowledge if you have never stepped into this genre, but to those with more than just a passing interest, they are UFOlogy and paranormal 101.

Then, the guts and meat of his life story are anticipated. You would expect some tell all, some secrets revealed, but it does not read that way.  The tales told are similar to what you hear on Coast.  There is not a lot of depth.  On one hand good for you Norry, on the other hand bad for the reader.  Good for Norry because it keeps him employed.  Bad for the reader because you want a multi-dimensional biography, but that is true to what he may be and true to what Coast has become.  It is as shallow as a wishing pond, and only worth the pennies you may toss in it.   Be generous and toss in fifteen cents a day.

Dateline Bellgab

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on June 21, 2017, 12:00:48 PM

‘…the EMTs, cops and coroner people who showed up at the scene’?

;D

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on June 21, 2017, 12:15:32 PM
Thank you for this.  8)

I may sacrifice myself and read Noory's upcoming book.  What pearls of wisdom may be found I don't know.  LOL!  I realize I'll be, essentially, throwing away money on it , but I am curious.  :D
Just wait a week and they'll be piled up on B&M's 80% off table.  Maybe they'll give it to you for free if you buy a real book.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on June 21, 2017, 01:49:53 PM
...  Maybe they'll give it to you for free if you buy a real book.

More conveniently they could just condense the story onto a bookmark.

Robert

I'm just wondering what the story was behind that adorable "Fuck" Like a Comma pose.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Robert on June 21, 2017, 09:08:34 PM
I'm just wondering what the story was behind that adorable "Fuck" Like a Comma pose.
mean baby

Parkinsons Disease is caused by gut bacteria and cured by whatever snakeoil this guest is selling.  FDA should shut Jorch's operation down.

CozyRozie

Listening to this lunatic fucker doctor with Stupid George Noory, wonder when this doctor dies what would be the cause of his death.
I hope that the Stupid will tell us about his autopsy results when the crucxk dies