• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

PChirp

I consider myself a self-proclaimed 'glutton for punishment' listening to his C2C shill.  However, it does appear Wallach's callers are coming up with more and more creative, wacky ailments for the good doctor to shill his products.  NOTHING is out-of-bounds it seems and he's got a cure for anything/everything going.  Makes for great late night radio chuckles in my book.  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: PChirp on April 10, 2017, 07:54:04 PM
I consider myself a self-proclaimed 'glutton for punishment' listening to his C2C shill.  However, it does appear Wallach's callers are coming up with more and more creative, wacky ailments for the good doctor to shill his products.  NOTHING is out-of-bounds it seems and he's got a cure for anything/everything going.  Makes for great late night radio chuckles in my book.  ;)

I'll give it a listen if I'm still awake  ;D

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 08, 2017, 03:17:28 PM
Why do you equate me "defending them" with asking you if you KNOW there wasn't a disclaimer in the broadcast?

You're triggered, and quite badly. Take a break and have a nice cup of beet juice won't you?  ;)
George Noory Beats dot com   ;D ;D ;D

yumyumtree

Wallach is the veterinarian, right? Or is he the one who claims to have done 5,000 autopsies?

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 10, 2017, 10:21:54 PM
Wallach is the veterinarian, right? Or is he the one who claims to have done 5,000 autopsies?
I believe it is both, though it seems a bit misleading, personally I think he should've used the term necropsies, he is within the right to use the term autopsies, from what I can find wordwise. Both are used- but the latter, at least to a layman, implies people and the other is for animals. (Though we are animals, I guess, though this might cause controversies with other C2C guests and "experts.)

PChirp

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 10, 2017, 10:21:54 PM

Yes, I do believe that's right. He also advocates eating like half a dozen eggs I believe (or more, I can't remember the outrageous number--perhaps he'll refresh us tonight) a day.  :o  That's 42 eggs/week, folks.

yumyumtree

Well, if it was animals, of course they were necropsies.
I don't remember how many he said, he'll probably mention it again tonight, but it was a big number. I ran the numbers using 5,000, calculating how many he would have had to do in what span of time. I concluded that he would have had to do almost one per day for 14 years, working 6 or 7 days a week most weeks. ( I know you will feel free to check my work, I didn't use a calculator) If he did one every other day, it would take 28 years. I'm not saying he didn't, but I am saying that arithmetic is one of the best ways to call out liars.

albrecht

Quote from: PChirp on April 10, 2017, 10:30:34 PM
Yes, I do believe that's right. He also advocates eating like half a dozen eggs I believe (or more, I can't remember the outrageous number--perhaps he'll refresh us tonight) a day.  :o  That's 42 eggs/week, folks.
Good cholesterol for the brain theory? But he goes overboard on it. Like those who have chicken coups (very trendy) and then get too many eggs! There was some guest (a Swede doctor I think maybe years back who held this view, he also though was an advocate of tobacco use!) I agree with the egg stuff, somewhat though. Protein and good Omegas and tasty!

yumyumtree

What did I just say about arithmetic?

Morgus

I thought he pushes a couple dozen eggs a day! That gets expensive, and he says don't worry about high chloresterol since its really good for you!

PChirp

Quote from: albrecht on April 10, 2017, 10:40:24 PM
Good cholesterol for the brain theory? But he goes overboard on it. Like those who have chicken coups (very trendy) and then get too many eggs! There was some guest (a Swede doctor I think maybe years back who held this view, he also though was an advocate of tobacco use!) I agree with the egg stuff, somewhat though. Protein and good Omegas and tasty!

Eggs are obviously a wonderful source of protein, omegas, etc., but adding massive, continuous daily yolk cholesterol on top of the endogenous cholesterol the liver already produces/obtains from regular foodstuff cannot be artery friendly.  I'd love to see some blood work results based upon his recommendations, total cholesterol (HDL/LDL) and triglycerides.   :P  From what I gather, he just throws that egg advice out to the general public without knowing anything about their in-depth medical conditions, medications, familial histories, anything. That's bad practice and irresponsible in my book.  I must have completely missed the Swede doctor and his tobacco claims (that would have been a hoot!).  In any event, GNS.

PChirp

Quote from: Morgus on April 10, 2017, 10:45:55 PM
I thought he pushes a couple dozen eggs a day! That gets expensive, and he says don't worry about high chloresterol since its really good for you!

Wouldn't shock me, Morgus.  I know it's some obscene amount/number of eggs.  :o  I'd almost like to call in personally and ask him exactly HOW MANY eggs I should consume per day just to be sure.   ;D ;D

albrecht

Quote from: PChirp on April 10, 2017, 11:06:57 PM
Eggs are obviously a wonderful source of protein, omegas, etc., but adding massive, continuous daily yolk cholesterol on top of the endogenous cholesterol the liver already produces/obtains from regular foodstuff cannot be artery friendly.  I'd love to see some blood work results based upon his recommendations, total cholesterol (HDL/LDL) and triglycerides.   :P  From what I gather, he just throws that egg advice out to the general public without knowing anything about their in-depth medical conditions, medications, familial histories, anything. That's bad practice and irresponsible in my book.  I must have completely missed the Swede doctor and his tobacco claims (that would have been a hoot!).  In any event, GNS.
I recall that the former guest, not this guy, and maybe he was on with another C2C host even, maybe Ian? I forget was saying that the cholesterol stuff was made ok by tobacco use? Some theory about nicotine. (Oddly there is some study I saw that Swedish/Norwegian tobacco use from "snus" versus smoking was better?) Any way let us all use C2C and various shows for our health! Sounds like a good option. Ha.  ;) ;)

PChirp

Quote from: albrecht on April 10, 2017, 11:15:37 PM
I recall that the former guest, not this guy, and maybe he was on with another C2C host even, maybe Ian? I forget was saying that the cholesterol stuff was made ok by tobacco use? Some theory about nicotine. (Oddly there is some study I saw that Swedish/Norwegian tobacco use from "snus" versus smoking was better?) Any way let us all use C2C and various shows for our health! Sounds like a good option. Ha.  ;) ;)

Damn! I really did miss a true C2C gem.  Serum cholesterol kept in check via nicotine consumption. Wow...just wow!   ::)

I like the middle aged lady whose hair was falling out all over the furniture, her legs were swollen, and OMG she was going into a coma when Mom and Dad of course rather than take her to an ER got their hands on some Carnivora and shortly thereafter her symptoms went away.

PChirp

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 10, 2017, 11:24:53 PM
I like the middle aged lady whose hair was falling out all over the furniture, her legs were swollen, and OMG she was going into a coma when Mom and Dad of course rather than take her to an ER got their hands on some Carnivora and shortly thereafter her symptoms went away.

Was this story featured in one of Carnivora's own radio spots?  I remember hearing this somewhere and just shaking my head in disbelief.  ::)

yumyumtree

According to Wikipedia, the muscular dystrophy telethons ended. They didn't continue after Jerry Lewis was "fired"

I think this idea that gluten is so toxic that people have to wear gloves and masks and wash clothes separately  is pretty extreme.

AvDaBr

Not to fear yumyumtree, the good doc is working on a gluten strength laundry detergent.  You'll have to use a cup for every 100 lbs of body weight.

PChirp

The "Doc" seems to be on a morbid Carrie Fisher kick tonight.  He keeps relating everything to deadly thrombotic clots and refers to PPI's as "Protein Pump Inhibitors" NOT  "Proton Pump Inhibitors" for GERD.  Does he even know what the hell he's talking about?!?  Where did this douchebag learn his pharmacology?  This is SAD.  He's still yet to answer my egg consumption question as submitted directly prior to the show.  Guess he's not going to respond.   :(

SnapT

If that Jerry Lewis story has even a HINT of truth, the entire show should be devoted solely to that.

AvDaBr

Wallach just recommended two dozen eggs daily for this caller. 

PChirp

Quote from: AvDaBr on April 11, 2017, 12:48:24 AM
Wallach just recommended two dozen eggs daily for this caller.

Two (2) dozen.  Hot damn! That's 168 eggs/week.  Glad someone caught some of his bullshit.  Thanks AvDaBr!   ::)  I already hear my arteries clogging.  Suppose I'd better get busy on my egg salad sandwiches.  Jesus.

AvDaBr

Quote from: PChirp on April 11, 2017, 12:52:42 AM
Two (2) dozen.  Hot damn! That's 168 eggs/week.  Glad someone caught some of his bullshit.  Thanks AvDaBr!   ::)  I already hear my arteries clogging.

The thing is, at least as I heard it, the guy was well over 100 lbs overweight.  Not sure how many calories are in an egg, but that many daily would probably make losing weight a bit of a chore.

PChirp

Quote from: AvDaBr on April 11, 2017, 01:01:41 AM
The thing is, at least as I heard it, the guy was well over 100 lbs overweight.  Not sure how many calories are in an egg, but that many daily would probably make losing weight a bit of a chore.

Actually, depends on the size of the egg.  Still, 168 eggs?  You've got to be kidding me.  A large egg=70 calories.  We're not talking extra large or jumbo varieties.

Zetaspeak

I skipped the medical show. So I came back with this disgusting woman want to get rid of og ugly babies. Even Jorge was cautious.

PChirp

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 11, 2017, 01:22:31 AM
I skipped the medical show. So I came back with this disgusting woman want to get rid of og ugly babies. Even Jorge was cautious.

Yes, but was it a MEAN baby?  Dave is overly fascinated about childhood, youth tragedies and MEAN babies. 

zeebo

You guys can rest assured about Mr. Noory's principled stance on wellness issues.  He just stated that if he'd become a dentist, and if someone came in asking to get vampire teeth, he wouldn't do it, "not even for the money".

zeebo

Jan from Brooklyn checked in to let us know she recently found out 1) she was a mermaid in a past life and 2) she was pals with George back then too.  George speculated that since he was in the Navy he had an 'affinity for water' and so there might be some connection there.