George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 05, 2017, 12:20:26 AM
I miss that show

It was one of the best! I think we'd all love to reside in Cicely, Alaska...if only. Incidentally, you can read about the tales it's based on in the book Talkeetna Good Time, which recounts the adventures of the bush pilot the show was based on.  ;)

yumyumtree

Quote from: ItsOver on April 05, 2017, 12:22:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jorch and Tommee stay at the Marriott.  Jorch will probably start at the bar during happy hour, to get "warmed-up" and check out the locals.  I could also see Jorch meeting-up with his senior citizen groupies after the event at the Marriott.  "Water's on Jorch, everyone!"

Well, keep in mind that the Snohomish county  jail is also nearby, the courthouse, the police station some mental health outpatient places and bail bond joints.Lots of bail bond joints.

There's  one way to put this tactfully--Everett women (except for me, of course) are notoriously badly dressed. Mr. Blackwell's head would have exploded. And the ones in the age group George and Tommee would prefer seem to be morbidly obese or meth addict thin. If you see a good looking well dressed youngish woman in downtown  Everett, chances are she just works here and goes home to Seattle or some place at night.

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 01:04:11 AM
What exactly is "spanking new?"  ???
The way doctors used to swat newborns to ensure they gasp to start breathing on their own.  I think now they just tickle the toes.

Jojo

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 04, 2017, 11:45:04 PM
Thanks. Glad to know that my movie comments are appreciated.

So now it seems that Jorch will be appearing ONE BLOCK from where I live in Everett at the end of July. Assuming that the tickets aren't astronomically expensive, and I don't have a conflict, should I go or no?

So in other words, if any of you have ever said "I wouldn't go across the street to see George Noory", this will be put to the test.

"Formaldehyde--what they put in dead people."

Incidentally, I wonder if this guest has seen the movie Safe with Julianne Moore?
Please, report to us!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jojo on April 05, 2017, 01:28:19 AM
The way doctors used to swat newborns to ensure they gasp to start breathing on their own.  I think now they just tickle the toes.

I never knew that! Or, I never thought to ask...either way, thanks.  ;)

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 04, 2017, 04:08:13 PM
Well I'm back after a couple of week hiatus. I see Hoaxy still isn't back to his braaap chair, that Rosie is feeling saucy over there with girlnoory (good to see you feeling better Rosie!) and that Falkie is perfecting his grifting to a telethonic height...

But, but, does George Noory still Suck?

bwahaha! hahaha! I knew I couldn't do that with a straight face!  ;D ;D ;D

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 01:35:13 AM
I never knew that! Or, I never thought to ask...either way, thanks.  ;)
You're welcome.  They slapped me so hard I actually think I remember it.   At least they didn't drop me.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jojo on April 05, 2017, 02:36:48 AM
You're welcome.  They slapped me so hard I actually think I remember it.   At least they didn't drop me.

Heh heh. Well, in my case, I guess the doctor didn't get enough licks in. My Dad got his share, and elementary and junior high school got to use paddles on my ass. lol We could always choose detention, but I always took swats.  :o

ouch.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 02:15:33 AM
Janine Turner (Maggie) is still a stone cold fox!  ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZnPNTbb__4
Good thing she does not dislike Trump or I would  assume that  she would transform an ugly troll?  ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 04, 2017, 04:08:13 PM
Well I'm back after a couple of week hiatus.
The annulus just was not the same.  ;)

welcome back...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 02:46:33 AM
Good thing she does not dislike Trump or I would  assume that  she would transform an ugly troll?  ;)

Nonsense! Is your mind permanently set to humorless political hack?  ::)

It's actually funny because their characters in the show were the reverse of who they are in real life. On Northern Exposure Maggie was a Democrat and Joel was a Republican.  :D

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 02:53:28 AM
The annulus just was not the same.  ;)

welcome back...

I see dear leader is barely posting now  :(  No side-boob pics from Lovely Laura, no fake fights betwixt Danyl and Mychael...sigh.

The Annulusâ,,¢ though, will remain as strong as it ever was, at the ready, just in case Mychael needs us and shines the annular distress call upon the dark, cloud-ridden night sky.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 02:57:18 AM
Nonsense! Is your mind permanently set to humorless political hack?  ::)

It's actually funny because their characters in the show were the reverse of who they are in real life. On Northern Exposure Maggie was a Democrat and Joel was a Republican.  :D
It looks like we found common ground. That was a great show in it's time.  For some reason I was thinking about it three days ago (I think I was trying to recall how Dr. Fleishman got his freedom... or if he ever did.)  Things get hazy after all of these years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 03:05:57 AM
It looks like we found common ground. That was a great show in it's time.  For some reason I was thinking about it three days ago (I think I was trying to recall how Dr. Fleishman got his freedom... or if he ever did.)  Things get hazy after all of these years.

He kinda became a bit of a medicine man himself in the end.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 02:43:12 AM
Heh heh. Well, in my case, I guess the doctor didn't get enough licks in. My Dad got his share, and elementary and junior high school got to use paddles on my ass. lol We could always choose detention, but I always took swats.  :o

ouch.

Yeah, those paddles were a real pain in the ass, especially the ones with holes drilled through 'em.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 03:05:57 AM

I figure the character of Maurice is actually loosely based on Dennis Brown, the bush pilot whose tales a lot of the series was based on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkJH65bb-k

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 03:18:32 AM
I figure the character of Maurice is actually loosely based on Dennis Brown, the bush pilot whose tales a lot of the series was based on.

He was a great character.  The man growing orchids in Alaska...  Also, I recall the radio station DJ as being a good character (though, if memory serves, he was not "featured" in many story lines.)

michio

I haven't heard so many utterances of "MY GOD!" or "JEEZ!" or "AAAUUUGGGHHH!" from Georgie in one night. He was truly disgusted by the toxic talk. I wish Georgie would have had the investigative journalism chops to make a possible connection with the sicknesses people are reporting from chemtrails, and linking them with these invisible chemical toxins that accumulate in the body, eventually reaching a tipping point of developing cancers and bodily reactions like the guest's life-threatening grand mal seizures, forcing him to find his refuge in the desert. Rather than looking up at the contrails, maybe it would be smarter to look around at your living and/or working space.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 02:46:33 AM
Yep.  A dead one, at that.  ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 05, 2017, 03:13:37 AM
Yeah, those paddles were a real pain in the ass, especially the ones with holes drilled through 'em.

Our foxy blond 5th grade art teacher, Ms. Fowler (who drove a yellow corvette) had a custom-made fiberglass one with holes drilled through it...it would whistle on the way down and wrap itself around your ass on impact. I'm pretty sure she kissed all the boys with that paddle at least once.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 01:04:11 AM
What exactly is "spanking new?"  ???
Brand new. Probably comes from a doctor spanking a newborn to make it cry.

Janine Turner had a brief role on General Hospital in the early 80s. When Genie Francis (Laura) left for other opportunities, for several months there were a few pointless storyline involving lookalikes also named Laura.
A young Demi Moore played her sister. Even then, Demi's gravel voice was unforgettable.

Ciardelo

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 05, 2017, 09:48:46 AM
Brand new. Probably comes from a doctor spanking a newborn to make it cry.

Janine Turner had a brief role on General Hospital in the early 80s. When Genie Francis (Laura) left for other opportunities, for several months there were a few pointless storyline involving lookalikes also named Laura.
A young Demi Moore played her sister. Even then, Demi's gravel voice was unforgettable.

mmm, love me some Demi. You're the first person i have ever "seen" to just use "spanking new" rather than the more common "brand spanking new." Which, for me, highlighted the term and made me wonder where it came from. ;) I just never had thought about it before.

So, I lernt me sumptin, and tanks.  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 05, 2017, 07:48:57 PM
George is not interested in learning
Ma Moory doesn't trust book learning or any other such spanking new ideas.

George Noory theories: "Did I mention my fictional radio-talk show host in "Night Talk" claims to drink wine after the show? Have you seen the photo I allowed to be posted online with me with a large glass of wine? Did I mention I will get behind the wheel of a Lincoln Navigator or some motor vehicle perhaps after drinking alcohol? And being under the influence as I cruise through the streets of Los Angeles? Did I mention I support law enforcement? Like those who get drunk drivers off the road? Or did I mention I can 'talk' my way out of a DWI charge? Did I mention DWI means everyone else but me? Did I mention I wear dark sunglasses so the cops can't see my alcohol-laden, bloodshot eyes?"

i mean, who would be dumb enough to post a public picture with themselves apparently consuming strong alcohol -- and thinking that they could just get in their vehicle and drive from that venue without anyone getting the inference they may be DWI candidates.

https://i.imgur.com/fpkl8.jpg

Jackstar

Quote from: Here We Go Again on April 05, 2017, 08:11:45 PM
George Noory theories: "Did I mention my fictional radio-talk show host in "Night Talk" claims to drink wine after the show? Have you seen the photo I allowed to be posted online with me with a large glass of wine? Did I mention I will get behind the wheel of a Lincoln Navigator or some motor vehicle perhaps after drinking alcohol? And being under the influence as I cruise through the streets of Los Angeles? Did I mention I support law enforcement? Like those who get drunk drivers off the road? Or did I mention I can 'talk' my way out of a DWI charge? Did I mention DWI means everyone else but me? Did I mention I wear dark sunglasses so the cops can't see my alcohol-laden, bloodshot eyes?"

https://i.imgur.com/fpkl8.jpg

Cool.

Dateline

Norry will be your next best friend. . . for a price.