Poll

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Author George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium  (Read 10129977 times)

Re: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium
« Reply #83280 on: October 13, 2017, 03:17:03 AM »
MV: Please can we have our jpegs back? It's killing me not being able to post pics quickly. It's half the fun of Coastgab.
If everyone pitches in a little, how much does space cost?

« Reply #83281 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
On the rare occasions I hear an African American on C2C, my mouth drops in amazement...

Google 'radio paid callers'

« Reply #83282 on: October 13, 2017, 08:26:06 AM »

iHeart is pretty notorious for doing that. It wouldn't be surprising if they had callers waiting in the wings if the Coast audience isn't interested enough to.

« Reply #83283 on: October 13, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »
Joorch: 'You can email me at george@coasttocoastam.com. If I don't get back to you right away, it's because I'm inundated with between 15 to 2,000 emails a day.'

I'll go with fifteen.
Ha, ha, ha... freaking Jorch.  Who else would come up with "between 15 to 2,000 emails a day."?  Jorch, you must have worn your fingers and toes out counting those 2,000 emails.  How many started with "You suck!"?

« Reply #83284 on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »
Ha, ha, ha... freaking Jorch.  Who else would come up with "between 15 to 2,000 emails a day."?  Jorch, you must have worn your fingers and toes out counting those 2,000 emails.  How many started with "You suck!"?

Fumblegums probably meant to say 15-20,000, but didn't read his cue card correctly

« Reply #83285 on: October 13, 2017, 05:19:06 PM »
So Our Lady of Fatima was a whore with her knee length skirt?  I usually like Marzulli but he is rubbing me the wrong way tonight.

I normally pass on Marzulli as a guest, but decided to listen to his segment after reading your (and others') comments posted while you listened to him live. After listening, I came away with two thoughts:

1) Clearly Marzulli's theory the "Miracle of the Sun" was a craft of some type obscured in cloud must be true.  We know this because Chase Kloetzke appeared in his film "on the record" to say that's what it was.

2) When skeptics have used the same "All the stories we know about the incident today came about years after the event," approach to poke holes in the Roswell story, the UFO "researchers" go apoplectic.

« Reply #83286 on: October 13, 2017, 10:40:28 PM »
Joorch: 'You can email me at george@coasttocoastam.com. If I don't get back to you right away, it's because I'm inundated with between 15 to 2,000 emails a day.'

I'll go with fifteen.

iHeart is pretty notorious for doing that. It wouldn't be surprising if they had callers waiting in the wings if the Coast audience isn't interested enough to.

I wonder if Jorge knows how bad it sounds for a national show for having the same callers get on almost daily. It makes it sound he has such a shallow pool of listeners

I really do wonder the amount of listeners Noory actually has, from the repeat callers, and even the non-regulars that come on that are so horrible (and at times not even talking about the topic) show they are certainly not screening for quality (maybe they are screening out the quality callers)

Even if you look at tweets directed to C2C he usually gets less than a dozen people tweeting him during the 4 hour show on a strong night

« Reply #83287 on: October 14, 2017, 12:07:35 AM »
I wonder if Jorge knows how bad it sounds for a national show for having the same callers get on almost daily. It makes it sound he has such a shallow pool of listeners

I really do wonder the amount of listeners Noory actually has, from the repeat callers, and even the non-regulars that come on that are so horrible (and at times not even talking about the topic) show they are certainly not screening for quality (maybe they are screening out the quality callers)

Even if you look at tweets directed to C2C he usually gets less than a dozen people tweeting him during the 4 hour show on a strong night

The pool of listeners is relatively shallow compared to the old Bell days. Art Bell had 6 to 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch is lucky to have 3 million for the entire week. And then there's that pesky discrepancy between the higher caliber of callers throughout the '90s and low quality callers today. That's why they pay the repeaters to call. The African American gentleman always sounds as if reading from a script. There is no depth to which dimbulb will not sink.

« Reply #83288 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:06 AM »
The pool of listeners is relatively shallow compared to the old Bell days. Art Bell had 6 to 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch is lucky to have 3 million for the entire week...

Regardless of the number of listeners per show, and whether the numbers claimed are per night or cumluative for the week, Art's listeners almost certainly stayed with the show longer. 

My sense is many, if not most of Art's listeners would listen to the entire show, or close to it, while most of George's listen to a segment or two, or maybe an hour.  He simply can't have very many people listening after the first hour or two.

« Reply #83289 on: October 14, 2017, 01:08:20 AM »
Yeah though, supposedly, that 'went away' many years ago.  ;) But, maybe, legalistically thinking, Norry could've done his promised: he created some "foundation," to help the poor, out of luck, home-bound, or disabled listeners, and cuts them some meager checks (and free books for the blind) and these callers are calling out of "thanks?" With Tommee implying as checks are sent out, look you don't gotta call but call.

« Reply #83290 on: October 14, 2017, 02:56:40 AM »
Noory just claimed that actor John Astin who played Gomez in the 1960s Addams Family TV show died years ago.
But John Astin is still alive - Noory is wrong yet again!  :o

« Reply #83291 on: October 14, 2017, 03:05:53 AM »
George: “Tommy, do you remember what Gomez Adams said to Morticia when he wanted to dance?
Tommy: “oh um.... ‘mon ami’?”
George: “Noooo... ‘Carita’!”

No, George. “Cara Mia.” (My darling or my beloved....)

We’re you thinking of “Carnitas”? Like “Hey Tommy, get your porky face outta my carnitas! Get your own!”

“Carita.”  WTF, you making-up-words asshole.

« Reply #83292 on: October 14, 2017, 03:11:07 AM »
Noory just claimed that actor John Astin who played Gomez in the 1960s Addams Family TV show died years ago.
But John Astin is still alive - Noory is wrong yet again!  :o

GN: “...died of a heart attack, if I remember correctly.”
T: “Yessss yes that is correct.”

Just like two local ass-hats talking out of their asses at the bar while people nearby just shake their heads.

« Reply #83293 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:20 AM »
George puts a price on athletes' right to exercise their conscience and civil rights.  He says their civil right should cost the athletes their jobs!

Colin K., a national football player, did not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance many times long before anyone seemed to notice.  He only talked about it if someone asked him.  He said he didn't want to pledge allegiance while racism still divides Americans.

Trump discovered this.  He yelled insulting, sexist name-calling and demanded the athlete be removed.  Like he is the boss of American employers?  Do we really have a dictator?  Oh, really.  Telling the bosses how to run their team and demeaning and threatening to ostracize the employee was a bad thing to do in front of a gob of football players.  Of course they banded together to be supportive of their coworker Colin K.  Wouldn't most people stick together to protect a coworker from abuse!

What kind of country does George want to have... one where citizens pledge allegiance just because of coersion?  Because, per George, they should lose their jobs if they don't.  So, it's like saying if these employees want to exercise their civil rights, they should forfeit millions of dollars in contracts and careers.  Forfeit all they have worked for for years.  Forfeit their career.  Their lifestyle.  Their pension or whatever they earned.  Their family's momentary welfare, if they are heavily mortgaged or have had high medical/legal bills.  Heck, he would probably have them pay back their college scholarships!

I don't think football players even take a national loyalty oath at signing do they?  It's not like they work in national defense (although I read Colin K. was a Green Beret).  To make a big deal out of civilians doing this, when they don't even have loyalty contracts, is kind of putting the cart before the horse.  If they are going to be required to pledge, then a loyalty oath should be performed at hiring.

Should civilians pledge because they are coerced, or because they actually mean it.  What kind of country would it be if everyone pledged because they would lose their job if they didn't.

Personally, I don't think coersion should have anything to do with The Pledge of Allegiance.  All coersion does is create resentment, injustice, and propaganda.  Coersion turns peaceful protest into lying underground deceipt.  Drive it underground?  Not a very good idea.

No athlete signs away their right to conscience.  America doesn't put a price on conscience.  I don't know what country George thinks he is in.  Unbelievable.

Trump owes Colin K. an apology.  There could be grounds here for a lawsuit.

The other athletes are just supporting a good coworker.  For those who don't know, Colin K. has apparently tried to avoid controversy by staying out of view during the Pledge, although I don't know if he is still reclusive.  Trump does not own nor control the teams.  How arrogant and dictatorial.  If I owned the teams, I would band together with other team owners and tell the President to mind his own business.  The President created defiance by being confrontational, rude, and Constitutionally and occupationally inappropriate.

« Reply #83294 on: October 14, 2017, 06:08:24 AM »
GN: “...died of a heart attack, if I remember correctly.”
T: “Yessss yes that is correct.”

Just like two local ass-hats talking out of their asses at the bar while people nearby just shake their heads.
George: “Tommy, do you remember what Gomez Adams said to Morticia when he wanted to dance?
Tommy: “oh um.... ‘mon ami’?”
George: “Noooo... ‘Carita’!”

No, George. “Cara Mia.” (My darling or my beloved....)

We’re you thinking of “Carnitas”? Like “Hey Tommy, get your porky face outta my carnitas! Get your own!”

“Carita.”  WTF, you making-up-words asshole.
Ha, ha, ha... I have to wonder how Jorch can be this stupid and sometimes think it must be an intentional act.  Then I realize, hell no, it's Jorch being Jorch.

Rush was talking the other day about how the late night radio audience would just naturally drop, even when Larry King had his nighttime radio show.  He was saying most local radio stations would purchase a deal from Mutual Broadcasting, primarily to get the Mutual news reports.  As part of the deal, they had to take the whole package, which included the nighttime show.  They'd take it because they wanted to play something at night but didn't really care what it was, as long as they got the news perks.  I'm sure PremRat plays a similar game, with their deals.

Meet Jorch.  The garbage part of a package deal.

« Reply #83295 on: October 14, 2017, 08:47:31 AM »
George puts a price on athletes' right to exercise their conscience and civil rights...

It's not a civil rights issue.  The Bill of Rights is between the people and the federal government.  If an employee is driving away customers, the employer has every right to put an end to it.

... Trump... demanded the athlete be removed.

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they would like to see that happen.  So would I.

« Reply #83296 on: October 14, 2017, 01:35:16 PM »
Raúl Juliá, who played Gomez Addams in two movies died of a stroke back in 1994. Maybe sNoory was “thinking” of him.

The original Premier Radio Network offered a bundle of Rush, Dr. Laura, and Art.

« Reply #83297 on: October 14, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
Raúl Juliá, who played Gomez Addams in two movies died of a stroke back in 1994. Maybe sNoory was “thinking” of him.

Yep, I'm sure that was it. For a guy who everything is compared to, or a reference to, a Hollywood movie or tv show he sure gets the details wrong a lot. This is by no means the first time he has actors, titles, plots etc messed up.

« Reply #83298 on: October 14, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »
Most shows seem to have a stable of go-to callers, it's not just c2c. There's even cross-pollination where these same callers will call 3 different shows.

It's easy, lazy radio for the hosts because they know the callers will ask softball questions so they don't jeopardize their preferential treatment. I doubt they get paid anything. The 'semi-fame'(TM TGFP) is probably enough

« Reply #83299 on: October 14, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »
It's not a civil rights issue.  The Bill of Rights is between the people and the federal government.  If an employee is driving away customers, the employer has every right to put an end to it.

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they would like to see that happen.  So would I.

Well, the news changed depending on what day.  But many sources say Trump originally said, "Get that son of a bitch (ouch) off the field...........He's fired!".  Now afterward, of coirse he re-phrased it, back-peddling.  If he did back-peddle, I appreciate his belated attempt to make it sound more reasonable.

Just like George could consider soing.

Here is one source that quoted Trump's harsh statement.  I hope they are wrong.  If you were right, the truth woule be btter than I thought.

« Reply #83300 on: October 14, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »

No he didn't.  He said wouldn't you like to see one of these SOBs be taken off the field and fired.  Big difference between making observations / commentary / suggestions and ''demands''.  And apparently a lot of folks said ''hell yes'' they woced it.uld like to see that happen.  So would I.

The silent peaceful protest had gone on long before anyone ever noticed it.  Customers were not driven away.  Employers were not concerned.

Then arrived our dictator....

I agree that employers can inhibit our civil rights (to an extent, and it is too bad), but inhibiting civil rights is a far cry from forcing employees to engage in patriotic behavior.  At that point, employees' ethics are being bought.  Principles that are bought are like the a lover who is bought; you never really know where their heart stands.  They could resent you, or plotting to replace you with the next shiny purchase.

« Reply #83301 on: October 14, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »
Most shows seem to have a stable of go-to callers, it's not just c2c. There's even cross-pollination where these same callers will call 3 different shows.

It's easy, lazy radio for the hosts because they know the callers will ask softball questions so they don't jeopardize their preferential treatment. I doubt they get paid anything. The 'semi-fame'(TM TGFP) is probably enough
Annie has gotten a little more hardball-y, I noticed.

« Reply #83302 on: October 14, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »
Well, the news changed depending on what day.  But many sources say Trump originally said, "Get that son of a bitch (ouch) off the field...........He's fired!".  Now afterward, of coirse he re-phrased it, back-peddling.  If he did back-peddle, I appreciate his belated attempt to make it sound more reasonable.

Just like George could consider soing.

Here is one source that quoted Trump's harsh statement.  I hope they are wrong.  If you were right, the truth woule be btter than I thought.

In his own words...

Obviously, the YOU’RE FIRED is a reference to his starring role in The Apprentice.

« Reply #83303 on: October 14, 2017, 02:14:44 PM »
The silent peaceful protest had gone on long before anyone ever noticed it.  Customers were not driven away.  Employers were not concerned.

Then arrived our dictator....

I agree that employers can inhibit our civil rights (to an extent, and it is too bad), but inhibiting civil rights is a far cry from forcing employees to engage in patriotic behavior.  At that point, employees' ethics are being bought.  Principles that are bought are like the a lover who is bought; you never really know where their heart stands.  They could resent you, or plotting to replace you with the next shiny purchase.

This wasn’t even a thing until Kaepernick’s muslim SJW girlfriend starting playing the race card on the radio calling the NFL owners all racists.

He hasn’t taken a knee since he walked away from his contract (refusing the automatic extension) last spring.

« Reply #83304 on: October 14, 2017, 03:00:28 PM »
This wasn’t even a thing until Kaepernick’s muslim SJW girlfriend starting playing the race card on the radio calling the NFL owners all racists.

He hasn’t taken a knee since he walked away from his contract (refusing the automatic extension) last spring.

Don't adopt black kids, and send them to the best schools and support them with unconditional love and financial excess. They just grow up to play Pro-Ball or President and throw you under the bus. :)

« Reply #83305 on: October 14, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »

Bills of Rights against harassment and discrimination apply in the workplace though.  Even for George.

« Reply #83306 on: October 14, 2017, 03:10:50 PM »
Bills of Rights against harassment and discrimination apply in the workplace though.

Go read the Bill of Rights. It is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution.

There may be laws that cover employee/employer relationships, but the Bill of Rights is specifically there to place limitations on the government from infringing on these inalienable rights.

It has nothing to do with behavior between two individuals.

« Reply #83307 on: October 14, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
Go read the Bill of Rights. It is the first 10 amendments to the Constitution.

There may be laws that cover employee/employer relationships, but the Bill of Rights is specifically there to place limitations on the government from infringing on these inalienable rights.

It has nothing to do with behavior between two individuals.
The Civil Rights Act applies in employment, in its scope.  It even protects people like George!

« Reply #83308 on: October 14, 2017, 03:36:40 PM »
This is the second time recently George has had a shrink on!   Multi-tasking with the ole Rolodex...

« Reply #83309 on: October 14, 2017, 03:42:48 PM »
The Civil Rights Act applies in employment, in its scope.  It even protects people like George!

You just flunked civics.