Poll

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Author Topic: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium  (Read 10470842 times)

Re: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium
« Reply #76770 on: December 30, 2016, 03:48:38 PM »
Breaking News!  PremRat to slash costs and cut wages in 2017! 

Instead of increases in wages, incentives and salaries, a new method of compensation will be set-up.  The Production staff will be paid in Doughnuts...

This is not going to end well

« Reply #76771 on: December 30, 2016, 03:54:37 PM »

Oh lawd!  George Senda content on multiple threads. This must be heaven!!

« Reply #76772 on: December 30, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
Can you have a one man circle jerk?

Think of it as a phone conference circle jerk.  Bruce Goldberg, Alex Jones and Joshua Pee Warren will call in and whisper sweet nothings to each other and Jorch.  You can picture the rest.

« Reply #76773 on: December 30, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »
Oh lawd!  George Senda content on multiple threads. This must be heaven!!
Lordy but the man do pump out the content don't he?

« Reply #76774 on: December 30, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »
There might be a new rendition of Spring-Heel Jack in it for you
Just look what Noory has scheduled for next week Fri Jan 6 on c2c:
Author and speaker John Matthews has written over 60 books and lectures all over the world. He'll discuss the legend of Spring-Heeled Jack as well as his expertise in the Arthurian legends and esoteric wisdom of the Celtic traditions. Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

« Reply #76775 on: December 30, 2016, 05:41:08 PM »
Author and speaker John Matthews has written over 60 books and lectures all over the world. He'll discuss the legend of Spring-Heeled Jack as well as his expertise in the Arthurian legends and esoteric wisdom of the Celtic traditions. Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

I saw that, too.  There were many ways to describe that guest.  They could have phrased that expertise in Arthurain legends and esoteric wisdom of the Celtic traditions first.  Instead they highlighted Spring-Heeled Jacks.  Post and you shall receive.  I save my time and attention for January 6.

« Reply #76776 on: December 30, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »
In discussing the sanctions last night, when George said Putin is probably biting his lip until Trump takes office, does that mean he believes Putin will wait until Donald is president before betraying him?

At least he didn't refer to Joel Skousen as "Dr. Joel" and ask him to recommend some supplements.

« Reply #76777 on: December 30, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »
In discussing the sanctions last night, when George said Putin is probably biting his lip until Trump takes office, does that mean he believes Putin will wait until Donald is president before betraying him?...

I think it means George still hasn't mastered common phases in the English language

« Reply #76778 on: December 30, 2016, 08:50:28 PM »
"Did yeeewww know I know Lionel Fanthorpe?  I wuz in thuh Navy, too!"

« Reply #76779 on: December 31, 2016, 12:30:13 AM »
It's my first published fiction.

« Reply #76780 on: December 31, 2016, 01:14:52 AM »
Ha, ha, ha, lest there be any doubt.

DATE
Sunday - January 1, 2017
HOST
George Noory
GUESTS
Open Lines
Join George Noory and various guests each hour to celebrate 2017 and George’s 14th anniversary of hosting Coast to Coast AM full-time since 2003.

A Supreme Super Suck Sunday to start the new year.  And to put a cherry on top of Jorch's rotten mess, even though it's Good Dave for Saturday night, it's numerology & astrology and how they relate to New Year's predictions.

Oh god is it here so soon?  I'm still processing the infamous 10th anniv. show which as I mentioned earlier is what originally sent me seeking sanctuary here at bellgab (coastgab back then).  I think a few hundred more GNS thread posts should finally bring me resolution, but damn I'll just never catch up at this rate.

« Reply #76781 on: December 31, 2016, 01:27:31 AM »
Oh god is it here so soon?  I'm still processing the infamous 10th anniv. show which as I mentioned earlier is what originally sent me seeking sanctuary here at bellgab (coastgab back then).  I think a few hundred more GNS thread posts should finally bring me resolution, but damn I'll just never catch up at this rate.
Oh zeeb. Don't you know the point is the journey not the destination?

« Reply #76782 on: December 31, 2016, 03:50:57 AM »
Caller during open lines says he's listened for twenty years and doesn't enjoy the show. He doesn't want them running Somewhere In Time and he doesn't like any of the guests. He doesn't like the commercials either.

« Reply #76783 on: December 31, 2016, 03:53:28 AM »
Haven't listened to those 'frumus umphen wines' in awhile.  Lol George just got into it with some crank who thinks the show's gone downhill lately.  The dude even complained about having to listen to old Art shows that have been proved bogus since they aired 20 yrs. ago.  Gotta give George some credit for letting the guy rant then battling back on him.  Then he kinda argued against himself by saying "Let's get to another caller before we get to Ufo Phil."   ;)

« Reply #76784 on: December 31, 2016, 03:58:15 AM »
He was arguing with this guy and then suddenly took a break to play what sounded like a prerecorded medical infomercial and then just went back to arguing with the caller.

« Reply #76785 on: December 31, 2016, 03:58:15 AM »
That cranky caller was right however about Noory's frequent infomercials and plugs by the pharmacist dude for that supplement website that Noory always promotes...

« Reply #76786 on: December 31, 2016, 05:44:10 AM »
george, if I didn't know better I would think you honestly believe in those infomercials for that snake oil you're selling Lol. However, some of your audience is just not in on the joke. Apropos to this point is the guy from NY in the third hour. Aside from you frequently talking over him during your petty exchange and general rudeness, I think the caller was mainly irritated with you because he took you too seriously. I don't know what was more funny, he for just now figuring out you are a phony, or you, who seemed to insist in the most passive-aggressive manner possible that you aren't full of shit. You really came off petty and shallow in the exchange. I loved it! I thought the call made for some great entertainment and I'm certainly not an "angry person" or a "hater", whatever that means...just puttin in my .02. However, I would like to add a little snark and suggest you up your dosage of toomerac (sp?) so that may perhaps in future exchanges you handle both unfair hecklers and constructive criticism alike with a little more grace, (though if I'm honest I must admit that I hope not...I simply enjoy the silliness too much!)

« Reply #76787 on: December 31, 2016, 09:04:36 AM »
I often sleep with the radio on.  I caught the conversation, though, with the guy who was explaining Horus and how that mythology influenced the Christ myth.  George was very insulting in cutting the guy off and then saying we all believe in someone who walked the planet 2000 yrs. ago, etc, etc. 

Why be so rude?  Why not leave the guy on and have a discussion?  Because George knows where his bucks come from.  He knows his demographics - the guns and bibles crowd. 

« Reply #76788 on: December 31, 2016, 09:21:44 AM »
I often sleep with the radio on.  I caught the conversation, though, with the guy who was explaining Horus and how that mythology influenced the Christ myth.  George was very insulting in cutting the guy off and then saying we all believe in someone who walked the planet 2000 yrs. ago, etc, etc. 

Why be so rude?  Why not leave the guy on and have a discussion?  Because George knows where his bucks come from.  He knows his demographics - the guns and bibles crowd.

His mother listens, and she does not want to hear anything like that brought up and discussed.

« Reply #76789 on: December 31, 2016, 10:03:48 AM »
His mother listens, and she does not want to hear anything like that brought up and discussed.
Seriously? 

« Reply #76790 on: December 31, 2016, 10:09:31 AM »

You do know we have more eyewitness accounts of Christ than we have of Emperor Tiberius?  The oldest historical accounts we have written about Tiberius come 124 years after his death. That is if you take out the one time he is mentioned in the New Testament.  So I suppose Tiberius was a myth too. You do know that two of the books of the New Testament were written by the brothers of Jesus, Jude and James?

« Reply #76791 on: December 31, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
...Then he kinda argued against himself by saying "Let's get to another caller before we get to Ufo Phil."   ;)
Hehe.  I hope Jorch and Tommy enjoyed their usual early Friday start to IHOP.

« Reply #76792 on: December 31, 2016, 10:51:52 AM »
There is something to think about.  Norry has not done anything special, he did a JOB for fourteen years.  He showed up, that may be more than Art Bell did, but again just another day at the office.

George hopes for an anniversary kiss from LMH.  But it's not going to happen.  Now or ever.  But hope springs eternal.

« Reply #76793 on: December 31, 2016, 01:30:47 PM »
Take this radio show away from this hack and hypochondriac. I'm emailing Premiere to complain about Jorch and his snake oil shilling 'guests'.  Doesn't the FCC have rules against broadcasters not disclosing that a show or guest is a paid for infomercial rather than a legitimate guest?

Yes, it does. But it takes a number of complaints to act upon and investigate a suspected case of what we call "payola." It's been on our books since the advent of radio in the 1930s -- an attempt to make a supposed "news, editorial or program matter" broadcast attempt to disguise itself when it's actually a sponsor-paid bit without full disclosure.

Citing U.S. law:

"Section 317 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. § 317, requires broadcasters to disclose to their listeners or viewers if matter has been aired in exchange for money, services or other valuable consideration. The announcement must be aired when the subject matter is broadcast. The Commission has adopted a rule, 47 C.F.R. § 73.1212, which sets forth the broadcasters' responsibilities to make this sponsorship identification

Section 507 of the Communications Act, 47 U.S.C. § 508, requires that, when anyone provides or promises to provide money, services or other consideration to someone to include program matter in a broadcast, that fact must be disclosed in advance of the broadcast, ultimately to the station over which the matter is to be aired.  Both the person providing or promising to provide the money, services or other consideration and the recipient are obligated to make this disclosure so that the station may broadcast the sponsorship identification announcement required by Section 317 of the Communications Act.  Failure to disclose such payment or the providing of services or other consideration, or promise to provide them, is commonly referred to as ``payola'' and is punishable by a fine of not more than $10,000 or imprisonment for not more than one year or both. These criminal penalties bring violations within the purview of the Department of Justice.

Thus, for example, if a record company or its agent pays a broadcaster to play records on the air, those payments do not violate these provisions of the law if the required sponsorship identification information is timely aired by the broadcast station. If it is not aired as required by the Communications Act and the Commission's rules, the station and others are subject to enforcement action.

If record companies, or their agents, are paying persons other than the broadcast licensee (such as the station's Music Director or its on-air personality) to have records aired, and fail to disclose that fact to the licensee, the person making such payments, and the recipient, are also subject to criminal fine, imprisonment or both, for violation of the disclosure requirements contained in Section 507."

In simple terms, if George Noory, his staff or the network is receiving anything of value -- even "free" supplements, in exchange for airing such "news, editorial or program matter" that must be disclosed. Simply stating someone is a "sponsor" may not cover Premiere Networks.   

Further, at no time does George Noory or Premiere Networks air the required Food And Drug Administration disclaimer to listeners and its roughly 600 affiliates. To cover themselves. Noory and Premiere forgets to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not meant to prevent, treat or cure any type of disease."

Without such disclaimers, that puts things under the examination of the Federal Trade Commission. For perhaps misleading consumers about unproven medical claims. Know they don't act on single or few complaints about possible wrongdoings -- but if enough people suspect wrongdoings and express such concerns to federal agencies, they will probably act on it.

« Reply #76794 on: December 31, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
He was arguing with this guy and then suddenly took a break to play what sounded like a prerecorded medical infomercial and then just went back to arguing with the caller.

George Noory may have screwed up last night bad. He -- ill-advised -- told the caller that "it's all medically true" when it's legally not. Only FDA-approved and regulated drugs can make such a claim. No disclaimer is ever aired to state to cover Premiere Networks that informs consumers: "These statements have not been have evaluated by the FDA. These products are not meant to prevent, treat or cure any type of disease."

But yet, we heard George Noory claim -- carrying the responsibility of Premiere Networks along the way -- claiming that these supplements are "proven medical science" when they are not under FDA law. That implies George Noory recommends such as "prevention, treatments or cures" when such products don't carry proper FDA approval as such. 

Then after George Noory suffers a meltdown for being called out, he falsely accuses the caller of being "unhappy." For seeing through his deceit. Then tells us he has a "happy caller" in that Cornelius. Someone who admitted to being a convicted felon yet brags about being a "gun" guy. George, convicted felons aren't allowed to own or even handle firearms. In case you don't know our laws, Noory. Any convicted felon who claims to have firearms obtained such illegally, Noory. Got it? Yet, you praise that?

Then Cornelius rants about seeking a Presidential pardon. Not like George Noory questions how a convicted felon claims to have firearms -- or seek to find his location to have him investigated by law enforcement for claiming to be a "guns" guy. Noory attacks the person of reason, then seems clueless when an admitted convicted felon clams to be a "guns" guy.

« Reply #76795 on: December 31, 2016, 01:57:42 PM »
You do know we have more eyewitness accounts of Christ than we have of Emperor Tiberius?  The oldest historical accounts we have written about Tiberius come 124 years after his death. That is if you take out the one time he is mentioned in the New Testament.  So I suppose Tiberius was a myth too. You do know that two of the books of the New Testament were written by the brothers of Jesus, Jude and James?
I have no doubts that it was a popular name and that many Jesus' probably existed.  What I am considering is that ALL the attributes assigned to this character may easily not have been validly his. 

« Reply #76796 on: December 31, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
... suggest you up your dosage of toomerac (sp?) so that may perhaps in future exchanges you handle both unfair hecklers and constructive criticism alike with a little more grace, (though if I'm honest I must admit that I hope not...I simply enjoy the silliness too much!)

lol it was entertaining ... George was feisty last nite - earlier he'd accused Tommy of trying to derail his show (with what seemed some kind of awkward paranormal performance art).

« Reply #76797 on: December 31, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
Then we hear after the pathetic George Noory getting called out, sign off by telling us that "Peter In New York" is in need of "help" for being so "unhappy" because he saw through the falsities that George Noory claims are "truth" and that anyone who disagrees with these hucksters are the issue. That's George Noory. Full of false accusations when he's exposed.

Speaking of exposed and maybe "in need of help for delusions," remember when George Noory claimed he was a standout athlete in high school? He cited his baseball accomplishments as worthy of not only a collegiate scholarship, but even a tryout at age 18 for the Major-League Baseball (MLB) Detriot Tigers? Yes, and I recorded that statement in case he tries to deny it, that he was "so good," as he claims, he could bypass collegiate ball and the minors to go right to the professionals.

Look him up at Harvey S. Lowery High School from 1965 to 1968. There's no evidence he even played  a single sport -- yet was such a standout he had collegiate-athletic scholarships "lined up" for the taking. He often brags on-air about his baseball prowess -- yet, I failed to find a single line of press about him. Not a word. Further, I failed to find George Noory listed a member of the men's "Polar Bears Varsity Club" from 1965 to 1968. Yes, Noory was "so good" at athletics his high school and the local weeklies have no record of it!

What a fake, all. What a fake. I like when stated he excelled at "Baseball, football and track." Then his high-school yearbook and newspaper failed to note this, as he's not listed on even the reserve squads, then Noory not knowing that baseball and track season overlap in the spring. When boys do one or the other, Noory claims to have done both! Amazing. Or more at incredulous and displaying the lack of honesty and character Noory has to this day.

Yes, according to Noory, he was to Major-League Baseball what such as Kobe Bryant and later LeBron James were to the National Basketball Association (NBA). At age 18, straight from high school to the major leagues. Or so Noory claims. We know lies when we hear them -- but Noory is so full of himself he fails to realize his claims can be disproved and he accuses such who exposes his lying self as a "negative" or "unhappy" people.       

« Reply #76798 on: December 31, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »
My good man (or squirrel, as the case may be.)  I do feel your pain, and I wish to give you support and inform you that there is hope.  Over the next few years, I feel as though you may finally shake the monkey from your back and be done with Dave.  It does take hard work and dedication posting in a supportive environment such as this thread- but it is possible.

I would suggest that next year, on the fifth anniversary of the tenth anniversary show,, that you listen to it again.  Then come here, unload and start the healing process in earnest.

« Reply #76799 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »
Noory also cut off Peter Davenport abruptly after only three very interesting reports. A tough night for our Boy George...