• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

George sucks

Quote from: valdez on May 02, 2011, 01:27:18 PM
     Whoa.  Just got a response from Noory (within ten minutes)..."No I didnt   ...go back and listen to the tape"

I don't follow you. What tape are we talking about? Did you send him an email? What did it say? Thanks

anagrammy

Tape?  What is he a time traveler?  Nobody uses tapes, dude, there's this new fangled thang called computers.  ARRGGGHHH.

This is our moment, people.  His handling of the Osama bin Ladin death epitomizes the reasons we find him so objectionable.  He has a POV that is completely lacking in both thought and wisdom.  He is not a responsible use of a mike and he is an embarrassment to Premiere. 

Jesus Christ--drag that guy off before he becomes a Glenn Beck--a pariah that everyone is running from.

Anagrammy

anagrammy

OK, here's my email to Lisa Lyon, Producer of Coast:

Hi Lisa,

I am a "Coast Insider" and a big fan of the show, but I have to warn you to take action and get rid of George Noory before it's too late.  I have noticed for some time there is something wrong with him besides the repetitious and inappropriate guest comments, but today I am writing you because the Osama death has helped me to form my thoughts.

George is not well educated and he makes mathematical errors live on the radio, for example, he can't computer whether a person who is 50 in 1950 would still be alive today.  But that's not a crime, right?  And he can't tell the difference between Gaza and Giza, but maybe he was joking, right?  Not knowing that Alabama and Tennessee are not in the MidWest could have been a slip of the tongue, like any number of pronunciation errors.  We laugh over these and some people even considering the bumbles to be endearing.  Fair enough.

Now, however, he has really misused his opportunity with a microphone that speaks to people in many countries.  He actually compared Osama bin Laden to Jesus Christ and the rise of Christianity.  That is wrong on so many levels, I was absolutely stunned when I heard it.  Honestly, my first reaction was, "You f**king jackass.  You are completely irresponsible!"  George does not have respect for the fundamental fact that when you position your lips in front of a microphone, you have a RESPONSIBILITY to not hurt people.  You don't advocate suicide as a solution to life problems, even if you may secretly believe in it.  AND YOU DON'T FRAME A MASS MURDERER AS A SAVIOR because that makes some people think they must avenge the death, rather than seeing it as Obama framed it--justice for a murderer.

As the producer of this show, I am asking you to stop Noory before the angry listeners like me start calling sponsors (which is my next step).  What Noory said was anti-Christian, unpatriotic, irresponsible and careless in the same way Glenn Beck is careless.  Left unchecked, Noory will cause you the loss of all your sponsors who care that they are not associated with a loose cannon. 

I have tried to calmly present my feelings and I hope you take this letter seriously.

Sincerely,

(MY REAL NAME)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 02:09:47 PM

This is our moment, people.  His handling of the Osama bin Ladin death epitomizes the reasons we find him so objectionable.  He has a POV that is completely lacking in both thought and wisdom.  He is not a responsible use of a mike and he is an embarrassment to Premiere. 

Jesus Christ--drag that guy off before he becomes a Glenn Beck--a pariah that everyone is running from.

Anagrammy

Last night was unbearable. I ended up tuning into ABC Radio special reports,then John Batchelor/ Doug McIntyre for awhile. What I heard on C2C was horrific. Noory bungled this from the start, his guest Hagmann is a insignificant Grade Z analyst. The callers were more "Mongos"(sorry,Roger) with nothing to contribute. Another nadir for this carcass of a broadcast.

BTW, he'd love the Glenn Beck comparison...Beck is rich and famous! Screw credibility, he's got dough.

valdez

Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 02:01:46 PM
I don't follow you. What tape are we talking about? Did you send him an email? What did it say? Thanks

Yeah.  Here it is ala cut and paste.  It's kind of short.  I didn't put that "sad face" in the subject.  George must have done it to rile me up.
     Ana, I like yours.  Very professional. 

No I didnt   ...go back and listen to the tape

Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 2:14 PM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Cc: georgeknapp@coasttocoastam.com; tom@coasttocoastam.com; lex@coasttocoastam.com; shawn@coasttocoastam.com; sales@premiereradio.com; ian@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: OSAMA/JESUS? ???

You compared Osama to Jesus?  What were you thinking?  Apologize tonight.     

anagrammy

Lisa Lyon defends George.  This is her prompt reply to my email.

Thanks for listening, (MY NAME).  Please go back and listen to that segment of the show.  You will find that George was not comparing Jesus to Osama, he was making a point that the death of a leader, any leader, does not necessarily stop the momentum of their message, good or bad.   Lisa Lyon, Producer.

Anagrammy

valdez

Lyon responds to me as well.  In addition to sending her a copy of the one I sent george, I had sent her one directly.  She also added a "sad face" to the subject.  Same wording as the one she sent to anagrammy.

Please go back and listen to that segment of the show.  You will find that George was not comparing Jesus to Osama, he was making a point that the death of a leader, any leader, does not necessarily stop the momentum of thier message, good or bad.     Lisa Lyon, Producer

To: lisa@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: OSAMA / JESUS? ??? ?

Can you in any way defend his Jesus/Osama analogy?  Is he nuts?  He will apologize tonight. v.

anagrammy

WOW, Valdez!  That shows us that she has a canned message because she is getting so much flack on this!  Way to go---now come on the rest of you, let's hear some of your email results.....  here's my response to Lisa's email:

Thank you for your prompt response, Lisa

I do understand his literal words; however, he is making a huge PR mistake in using this analogy because it is the perception of the listener rather than the literal words.  Taking a mass murderer and saying that a religious leader's movement is sometimes heightened by them being made a martyr can be easily misunderstood because people are extremely sensitive about Deity and references to Deity have to be well thought out by any public personality. 

For example, I could accurately say that Hitler was a lot like Jesus in that he attracted huge crowds of people who raised their arms in his presence.  That is literally true but I think you'd agree, most Christians at least would find that offensive.  I'm not a Christian and I would find it offensive to even place a mass murderer in the same sentence.

My point in writing to you is that I don't believe George Noory exercises good judment on the air.  Usually it just makes me wince, for example, when he said, "we all know that demons are real."  I said to the air over my dishes "No, George, we don't."

Thanks for being responsive,

MY NAME

knititup

Just to play Devil's advocate....what would one tell someone demanding proof that some pro-Noory callers are actually being paid to call in.

Lunger

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 04:29:49 PM
Lisa Lyon defends George.  This is her prompt reply to my email.

Thanks for listening, (MY NAME).  Please go back and listen to that segment of the show.  You will find that George was not comparing Jesus to Osama, he was making a point that the death of a leader, any leader, does not necessarily stop the momentum of their message, good or bad.   Lisa Lyon, Producer.

Anagrammy

I think its a mistake to deal with Lisa.  She gets paid because George gets paid.  No George - No Paycheck. 

Which means all she will do is to block for that Idiot Noory.  Lisa will do whatever she can to keep Noory employed.

What needs to be done is to mail bomb whomever runs the Premier Radio Network.

I would start with:

Dan Metter
Director of Talk Radio Sales
dmetter@premiereradio.com
212-445-3926
Start hitting corporate then you will see the 'talent' jump.

George sucks

Quote from: Lunger on May 02, 2011, 06:58:03 PM
I think its a mistake to deal with Lisa.  She gets paid because George gets paid.  No George - No Paycheck. 

Which means all she will do is to block for that Idiot Noory.  Lisa will do whatever she can to keep Noory employed.

What needs to be done is to mail bomb whomever runs the Premier Radio Network.

Nailed it. Lisa is the enemy, as is Noory. Go after their bosses, that's where their grief comes from. Their bosses are the ones that cause them to loose sleep, not us. They couldn't care less about the listeners. They've been getting 'hate' mail every day for years, has not made one bit of difference. No reason to believe it ever will.

One reason they have public emails is so their bosses won't get the mail they get. They can keep things contained.

A large enough number of people screaming the same thing at the right people means Noory is replaced. The right people are the upper levels of management and the advertisers IMO. I think there aren't enough people screaming though. Hoping someone fires up a website......

.........would make moments like this much more significant. How many emails do you think they have gotten regarding this little Osama is Jesus debacle? Now imagine how many they would get with a little organized effort. And imagine it directed at the right people. Want to see Noory very uncomfortable? Lisa? Assemble the hounds and unleash, they will be finished.       

anagrammy

Quote from: JustOneFix on May 02, 2011, 05:19:06 PM
Anagrammy-

Check your email! :)

NOTE TO ALL EMAIL WRITERS TO LISA:  You can send 'em to me and I'm editing if you think you would like it tweaked a little.

Now we're on a roll........

Anagrammy

George sucks

Quote from: knititup on May 02, 2011, 05:52:36 PM
Just to play Devil's advocate....what would one tell someone demanding proof that some pro-Noory callers are actually being paid to call in.

Hard to prove. You almost need an informant, whistle blower, turncoat.... someone working for the company contracted to make the calls would have to step up it would seem. Be it a person calling the show or someone with intimate knowledge of things. And it would most likely have to be backed up with some paperwork, recordings, scheduling, scripts, directions, etc, etc.

Hard to prove that the pro-Noory callers are being paid. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 07:59:29 PM
Hard to prove. You almost need an informant, whistle blower, turncoat.... someone working for the company contracted to make the calls would have to step up it would seem. Be it a person calling the show or someone with intimate knowledge of things. And it would most likely have to be backed up with some paperwork, recordings, scheduling, scripts, directions, etc, etc.

Hard to prove that the pro-Noory callers are being paid.

True. And it's a depressing and galling thought, but there are quite a few dullards and defectives who actually enjoy Noory. No need for persuasion with money, these dickheads think George is good host. UGH.

JustOneFix

Quote from: Lunger on May 02, 2011, 06:58:03 PM

I would start with:

Dan Metter
Director of Talk Radio Sales
212-445-3926
Start hitting corporate then you will see the 'talent' jump.

Here's some related info-
Sending an email to the sales staff- ALL of them- is a worthwhile idea.
The more people that know about the custerfuck that C2C has become will have a positive effect in the long term.

Sales staff-
Carol Terakawa
   EVP of Sales
   818-461-8097    cterakawa@premiereradio.com
Michael Soifer
   Director of New Business (All New Advertising Inquiries)
   312-266-3873
   msoifer@premiereradio.com
Dan Metter
   SVP/Director of Talk Radio Sales
   212-445-3926
Alison Horn
   VP of Music Syndication Sales
   818-461-8040
   ahorn@premiereradio.com
Craig Hawkesworth
   VP of Interactive Sales
   972-455-6267
   chawkesworth@premiereradio.com
Dennis Brownlee
   VP of Urban Sales
   212-445-3904
   dbrownlee@premiereradio.com
Alex Fenech
   SVP Southeast Region; Atlanta Sales Office
   404-870-5071
   afenech@premiereradio.com
Doug Johnston
   SVP of Sales, Central Region; Chicago & Detroit Sales Offices
   312-266-3880
   djohnston@premiereradio.com
Rhonda Scheidel
   EVP Southwest Region; Dallas Sales Office
   972-239-6220
   rscheidel@premiereradio.com
Jason Wilberding    VP Western Region; Los Angeles Sales Office    818-461-8604
   jwilberding@premiereradio.com
Cathie Mongarella
   SVP Northeast; New York Sales Office
   212-445-3970
   cmongarella@premiereradio.com
Misc.
    Domestic Affiliate Relations
    Eileen Lofrese
    elofrese@premiereradio.com
    (212) 896-5335 phone
    On Air Sales
    Dan Metter
    DMetter@Premiereradio.com
    (212) 445-3926 phone
    Online Sales
    Craig Hawkesworth
    chawkesworth@premiereradio.com
    International Affiliate Relations
    Tanya Juhasz
    international@premiereradio.com
    (818) 377-5300 phone
    (818) 501-2031 fax
    Premiere NOC (Affiliates Only)
    noc@premiereradio.com
    (800) 276-4431 phone
    Coast to Coast AM Streamlink
    customerservice@premiereradio.com
    (818) 461-8357 phone

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 10:22:23 AM
One screen for Huff and one for FastBlasts.  When those light up, his show prep is done.

ON BIN LADEN alias JESUS.

Him being Lebanese and not really Christian (I believe humans were created from alien DNA), he could have taken a leap forward and seized his opportunity with the mike to perhaps save lives.  Urging calmness and the necessity for eliminating a man who killed thousands of his fellow Muslims and was a coldblooded killer.  This is responsible broadcasting.  By suggesting that Bin Laden is like Jesus is throwing gas on coals.

THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE it rises to the level of Glenn Beck irresponsibility and is a fine hook to write to Lisa Lyon about.  If you feel moved, as you read this, my brothers and sisters, take your pen in hand and poke those keyboard keys to show our beloved producer, Lisa Lyon, how much you appreciate the danger George Noory in Noory's framing of the justice meted out to Osama bin Laden.   

It has stopped being funny and gone to the level of a STOPNOORY email campaign!

lisa@coasttocoastam.com

Ana

When I calm down, I'll write mine.  He is really an asshole, isn't he?  Perhaps the connection between his brain and lips was severed in an auto accident like that poor dude with the right/left brains not being connected.
wait ... Noory compared Bin Laden to Jesus Christ? WTF!!!! i don't see how he'd last till the end of the week.  people are going to be screaming for his head

b_dubb

trying to follow this thread is a little like watching Black Swan.  wtf is going on?!!!

b_dubb

i thought i was looking at the Art Bell Quits Coast thread.  clearly i need to work less and sleep more

George sucks

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 02, 2011, 08:17:10 PM
     True. And it's a depressing and galling thought, but there are quite a few dullards and defectives who actually enjoy Noory. No need for persuasion with money, these dickheads think George is good host. UGH.

UGH is right.

It is some consolation that if Noory were to go off the air, he would be quickly forgotten by these people that think he is a good host and enjoy him. People would not lament his demise much. No Noory fan clubs would spring up. Is there one now? I don't know. No one would call in and ask about Noory, how's he doing, where's he at. The silence would truly be golden. It would be just like he never existed. And oh that would be cake. Right in his face.   

These people that like Noory don't like him as much as they think they do or we might think they do.   

Noory has to contend with the weekend hosts decimating his show hosting skills. The people that listen have them to compare him to. God how I would love to see some polling of the listeners. To see the numbers of who think what and who want what would be priceless. 

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 07:52:40 PM
NOTE TO ALL EMAIL WRITERS TO LISA:  You can send 'em to me and I'm editing if you think you would like it tweaked a little.

Now we're on a roll........

Anagrammy

Too late, Ana,  I've already blasted both Lisa and Noory.  I know I should also write the higher-ups, but this is already done, and it felt sooooo goooood.  ;D

EvB

For what it's worth, this is mine:

I’m sure you are getting bombarded on this topic, so I‘ll try to be brief. Last night’s Osama/Jesus metaphor was one of the most horribly thoughtless and insensitive things I’ve ever heard from some who was not deliberately trying to be offensive. Radio and television personalities have been fired, or at least suspended, for much less.
Yes, yes - I know the point was supposed to be that movements live on in spite of, and often because of, the death of their leaders. But, a person who engaged their brain before they opened their mouth would have known better than to use Jesus to make that point. A thoughtful person would have chosen an historical figure whose name evokes less passion in many of their demographic, wherever those passions fall â€" positive or negative. Particularly when passions were already running high. Why not Ho Chi Minh or Ernesto "Che" Guevara?
If George could not come up with a name, then I think another way to make the point would have been wise.  Why not simply say that Bin Laden was a figure head, that’s he’d become symbol, and that his death would not likely to change that?
Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes horrible ones. To be perfectly honest with you, I would be less upset by this is Mr. Noory was not given to awkward segways and non-sequiturs. What will he say next? Will he compare Mahatma Gandhi with the Ayatollah Khomeini?  Pol Pot with Martin Luther King Jr?  Adolph Eichmann with Abraham Lincoln?  When such horrible mistakes are made, a sincere apology, without excuse, is called for.
I hope Mr. Noory has the grace to offer one.

George sucks

Can reflect a bit on what happened now that the shock has worn off. One thing that stands out to me, is what George Noory thinks of himself. He thinks he is some kind of spiritual leader. He actually thinks he can get away with comparing Jesus to Osama. He thinks he is knowledgeable enough to do so. He thinks he is a godhead, a bastion of guidance to the downtrodden masses. He was saying what we needed to hear.

It never occurred to him how twisted it would be to say that because of what and the way he thinks of himself. To him, using Jesus as a comparison would make himself sound enlightened. Which I think is ultimately what he wants in some way. He wants to be the guru or swami. Our late night savior paying little old ladies rents. Directing this or that, saying this or that and we are to flock to him to hear his words and his voice.

He sure thinks a lot of himself for as bad as he is.

Anyone taking bets on him apologizing or mentioning it tonight on the show?

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on May 02, 2011, 09:38:32 PM
For what it's worth, this is mine:

I’m sure you are getting bombarded on this topic, so I‘ll try to be brief. Last night’s Osama/Jesus metaphor was one of the most horribly thoughtless and insensitive things I’ve ever heard from some who was not deliberately trying to be offensive. Radio and television personalities have been fired, or at least suspended, for much less.
Yes, yes - I know the point was supposed to be that movements live on in spite of, and often because of, the death of their leaders. But, a person who engaged their brain before they opened their mouth would have known better than to use Jesus to make that point. A thoughtful person would have chosen an historical figure whose name evokes less passion in many of their demographic, wherever those passions fall â€" positive or negative. Particularly when passions were already running high. Why not Ho Chi Minh or Ernesto "Che" Guevara?
If George could not come up with a name, then I think another way to make the point would have been wise.  Why not simply say that Bin Laden was a figure head, that’s he’d become symbol, and that his death would not likely to change that?
Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes horrible ones. To be perfectly honest with you, I would be less upset by this is Mr. Noory was not given to awkward segways and non-sequiturs. What will he say next? Will he compare Mahatma Gandhi with the Ayatollah Khomeini?  Pol Pot with Martin Luther King Jr?  Adolph Eichmann with Abraham Lincoln?  When such horrible mistakes are made, a sincere apology, without excuse, is called for.
I hope Mr. Noory has the grace to offer one.

AWESOME!  It is raining at Premiere!

EvB

I suspect he will mention it. If there is an apology it will be half hearted and defensive. He will likely somehow tie in his "haters" as the source of this inspiration to write, and not his own behavior. he may even condescend to explain his lofty thought process - like he condescends to those who happen to listen on holidays and, according to him, need c2c in place of family or friends - as if people don't work 3rd shift on holidays - as if truck drivers don't need something to focus on other than the road (though how much help George is in that case is questionable) as if people don't turn on the radio IN THE FREAKING MIDDLE  OF THE NIGHT after family festivities are over.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr . .

My letter is gone now with a few minor edits - and i feel madder, not better.

Oh well.

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 09:43:41 PM
Can reflect a bit on what happened now that the shock has worn off. One thing that stands out to me, is what George Noory thinks of himself. He thinks he is some kind of spiritual leader. He actually thinks he can get away with comparing Jesus to Osama. He thinks he is knowledgeable enough to do so. He thinks he is a godhead, a bastion of guidance to the downtrodden masses. He was saying what we needed to hear.

It never occurred to him how twisted it would be to say that because of what and the way he thinks of himself. To him, using Jesus as a comparison would make himself sound enlightened. Which I think is ultimately what he wants in some way. He wants to be the guru or swami. Our late night savior paying little old ladies rents. Directing this or that, saying this or that and we are to flock to him to hear his words and his voice.

I'll be up with my usual popcorn and my regular insomniac buddies.  Bring that flavored salt this time... It's the NOORY APOLOGY COUNTDOWN!

anagrammy

Quote from: EvB on May 02, 2011, 09:53:31 PM

i hope it's a shit storm.
Hey, Ev, I've asked several people and gone to the site help website and nothing-- can you tell me how to refresh my CoastGab page without closing and reopening?  Sorry if this is a stupid question.... I'm thinking of setting up a NOORY APOLOGY COUNTDOWN thread for tonight but it doesn't work well as a Faux Chat if you can't refresh from the keyboard.

Tks--Ana

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 09:53:21 PM
I'll be up with my usual popcorn and my regular insomniac buddies.  Bring that flavored salt this time... It's the NOORY APOLOGY COUNTDOWN!

If he does issue an apology, how bad will he mangle it? I expect it to be insincere, because I really don't think that moron understands what he did wrong. A total stooge.

In advance...apology not accepted,unless it comes with a resignation.

Scully

Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 09:43:41 PM

I can't tell if this is just written for Coast Gab or if you sent it as an email, GeorgeSucks.  I sure hope you didn't just preach to the choir.  Your words are words they need to reflect on.