• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

anagrammy

Quote from: George sucks on May 01, 2011, 01:14:14 PM
You eluded to a couple things that are comforting about having Noory host the show. His inadequacies being a struggle with management. I get the feeling they are constantly assessing just how poor he his at doing radio and try to boost things by giving him evaluations. He has gone through some piss poor weeks, to just poor weeks. They probably bring up lack of enthusiasm, telling him to pump things up a bit. Try to pronounce things better, speak clearer. He has spent some time with a speech therapist I bet to try to employ some tricks.

To me, daily he is confronted with the fact that he is an amateur level broadcaster at best. The show isn't his. He is told what to do. He is not the boss. People riding him, assessing him. That, and the show itself every night glares in his face that he sucks. That he's faking doing radio. When it is all over, I don't feel that he will walk away from Coast with the feeling that, "Man, I rocked that show". But more, "Glad that is over, that was work. I hated that job".

Which is all comforting. He should have to deal with the fact that he chose, CHOSE, to do crap radio. He knows that almost anyone would be better than him at doing the show and he chose himself. He wanted to be somebody. Wanted the attention and recognition. When it is all said and done though, it will be hollow. All he will have proved is that he stunk up the airwaves for a long time. Noory will be forgotten like Siegel... who was that guy?

Don't think change is coming anytime soon. Noory is locked in, if they were going to get rid of him or cut him back it would have happened already. He'll do the show for as long as he is able. Without it he is nobody, so he'll hold onto it as long as he can. And all indicators are that they will let him have it for a long time. 

Sort of rambling as usual.

Maybe, but always interesting.  Because I worked in employment law, I think in terms of contracts and contract fulfillment, warnings, etc.  I am sure they are contractually bound; however, there are always outs for failure to perform.  Noory has definitely cleaned up his act some, so now what stands out is the failure to actually engage the guest in a real conversation rather than just "letting him have his say."  George's incompetence leads him to believe that failure to engage can be reframed as giving the guest respect; however, the intelligent listener is not buying it.  Unfortunately, if the quality of guests is any indicator, there are fewer and fewer intelligent listeners left.  After all, it has been five long years.

Ana

b_dubb

i am reminded of his one year contract renewal.  that is an awfully short period of time to sit down and pay a lawyer to fill out paperwork.  if you want to keep a host, you sign him for years and pony up some real money.  not just agree to another year.  cause if you want to keep that host ... and that host has any real talent ... he/she can go elsewhere for more $$$ and/or better fringe benefits

George sucks

Quote from: b_dubb on May 01, 2011, 01:53:32 PM
i am reminded of his one year contract renewal.  that is an awfully short period of time to sit down and pay a lawyer to fill out paperwork.  if you want to keep a host, you sign him for years and pony up some real money.  not just agree to another year.  cause if you want to keep that host ... and that host has any real talent ... he/she can go elsewhere for more $$$ and/or better fringe benefits

Wow, had no clue about that. The one year contract, very telling. Of what, I don't know. But somethings not optimum if talent, as you mention, is only signed to one year. Very telling.

And, as you say, he could go somewhere else if he was any good. Noory could not go anywhere else! As soon as he is gone he will fall off the map and disappear into the ether. He is a no talent hack. 

Thanks for posting that.

b_dubb

he could go to Frank Spaghettini's RV Emporium.  i hear that they are hiring schills ... er .... salesman.  since no one in their right mind is buy RV's with gas at $4/gallon and diesel at $5

btw - RV stands for Recreational Vehicle in this context

Scully

Quote from: b_dubb on May 01, 2011, 01:53:32 PM
i am reminded of his one year contract renewal.  that is an awfully short period of time to sit down and pay a lawyer to fill out paperwork. ...

What happened to Premier's written announcement earlier this year stating that Noory has been re-signed through the year 2013?  Am I mis-remembering this?

Expert site-finders, please help out here.  ???

Scully

Quote from: punkinpie on February 14, 2011, 08:28:44 PM
Facebook post tonight:

We're pleased to announce that George Noory and Premiere Radio Networks have extended George's contract through the end of 2013!!!! And we look forward to many more years to come thereafter.  ???

I've googled around and wasted enough time looking for "the real deal" from Premiere, but this quote from Coast Gab is the best I've found.

Curiously, I found several Premier sites from Jan. 2011, stating that Noory has renewed his "long-term contract" with them, but none of them gives an ending date.  Could Premiere have gone back and altered their sites?  :o

aldousburbank

<sarcasm>

There you guys go again, getting all paranoid.  Now you're accusing Noory of working for Premiere.  That is crazy.  Who in the hell would hire that guy?

<end sarcasm>

b_dubb

from the beginning of the recent show about Aztec ufo crash ...

"compliments ... and complaints of a strange odor lead police to a badly decomposed corpse".  George ... i'm pretty sure it's one or the other.  not both.  and i'm also willing to bet ... there weren't any compliments

anagrammy

Back in January, Noory said he had signed a 2-1/2 year contract with an option fora five year extension after that.  So that 's through June of 2013.  I seem to remember a few weeks later he said it had been changed to 18 months with a five year renewal.  Does anyone remember that comment?

I checked the posts here and Feb-Mar 2011 were especially bad months for Noory--lots of horrendous mistakes.

Anagrammy

EvB

it wasn't so terribly long ago that GN was bragging about how he'd be re-upped "virtually forever"

gosh , you mean he - um - dissembled?  :-X

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on May 01, 2011, 08:29:03 PM
from the beginning of the recent show about Aztec ufo crash ...

"compliments ... and complaints of a strange odor lead police to a badly decomposed corpse".  George ... i'm pretty sure it's one or the other.  not both.  and i'm also willing to bet ... there weren't any compliments
HAhahahahahah.  That's entertainment folks!
Rimshot!

George sucks

The words fall off of his brain and bounce out of his mouth before he knows what he is saying. Poor guy. Must suck to be stupid.   

MikeD

Expect pronunciation fun as George has to announce the specifics of Bin Laden's death. Oh Pakistan and your wacky town names!

El Kragen

LOL...George just used the death of Jesus and the rise of Christianity as an analogy for killing Osama Bin Laden and an increase in terrorism.

*edit: for clarity

ADG12311990

Quote from: El Kragen on May 01, 2011, 11:11:44 PM
LOL...George just used Jesus and the rise of Christianity as an analogy for killing Osama Bin Laden and an increase in terrorism
:o ::)  Oh, Snoory....

EvB

LOL...George just used the death of Jesus and the rise of Christianity as an analogy for killing Osama Bin Laden and an increase in terrorism.

now see, something like that would get him suspended, if not fired, from any serious production.  that's just - i dunno - ick.

anagrammy

You might have a concern for making him a martyr if it were just after a big success. 

Bin Laden has not been that successful.  It's been too long and we've been picking off his key people one by one by one.  There have been no successful terrorist attacks in America since 9/11 (assuming the Anthrax came from a U.S. laboratory). 

Keeping on topic, Snoory just gave his in-depth commentary on the amazingly successful mission that brought this "national disaster" to a just conclusion:  "I hope he rots in hell."

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 12:00:17 AM
... Keeping on topic, Snoory just gave his in-depth commentary on the amazingly successful mission that brought this "national disaster" to a just conclusion:  "I hope he rots in hell."

Anagrammy
You know, I haven't listened to George in a long, long time. I think he is pretty damn mediocre.  But, I agree with him wholeheartedly on this.

I hope the fucker rots in hell, too.

MikeD

Yeah I really couldn't fucking believe George's best example of martyrdom in regards to bin Laden was Jesus.

I mean what...the...fuck...

Was Che too hard to think of? Jesus...really?

Eddie Coyle

Has anyone ever heard "terrorism expert" Douglas Hagmann on any other show than C2C? I know I haven't. His "intel" seems to be rather shallow(duh)...

MikeD

I think he's just picking news off HuffPost

anagrammy

Quote from: MikeD on May 02, 2011, 01:02:40 AM

One screen for Huff and one for FastBlasts.  When those light up, his show prep is done.

ON BIN LADEN alias JESUS.

Him being Lebanese and not really Christian (I believe humans were created from alien DNA), he could have taken a leap forward and seized his opportunity with the mike to perhaps save lives.  Urging calmness and the necessity for eliminating a man who killed thousands of his fellow Muslims and was a coldblooded killer.  This is responsible broadcasting.  By suggesting that Bin Laden is like Jesus is throwing gas on coals.

THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE it rises to the level of Glenn Beck irresponsibility and is a fine hook to write to Lisa Lyon about.  If you feel moved, as you read this, my brothers and sisters, take your pen in hand and poke those keyboard keys to show our beloved producer, Lisa Lyon, how much you appreciate the danger George Noory in Noory's framing of the justice meted out to Osama bin Laden.   

It has stopped being funny and gone to the level of a STOPNOORY email campaign!

lisa@coasttocoastam.com

Ana

When I calm down, I'll write mine.  He is really an asshole, isn't he?  Perhaps the connection between his brain and lips was severed in an auto accident like that poor dude with the right/left brains not being connected.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MikeD on May 02, 2011, 01:02:40 AM

I think he's just picking his nose.

anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 12:00:17 AM
You might have a concern for making him a martyr if it were just after a big success. 

Bin Laden has not been that successful.  It's been too long and we've been picking off his key people one by one by one.  There have been no successful terrorist attacks in America since 9/11 (assuming the Anthrax came from a U.S. laboratory). 

Keeping on topic, Snoory just gave his in-depth commentary on the amazingly successful mission that brought this "national disaster" to a just conclusion:  "I hope he rots in hell."

Anagrammy

LOL - Turns out that's a headline from a New York newspaper.  No doubt one of Noory's confidential "sources" for intel/ops.

EvB

Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 10:57:27 AM
LOL - Turns out that's a headline from a New York newspaper.  No doubt one of Noory's confidential "sources" for intel/ops.

Yep - or a NY scandal sheet more like. Still i can hardly blame anyone who feel that way.

George sucks

Noory's show last night was wrong on so many levels, I cannot express it adequately. Wish I could, just don't have the ability. The sickness that is Noory and the utter and absolute pure garbage that passes for radio programing on one of the largest shows on the radio exceeds my capacity to put it into words.   

JustOneFix

Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 11:33:23 AM
Noory's show last night was wrong on so many levels, I cannot express it adequately. Wish I could, just don't have the ability. The sickness that is Noory and the utter and absolute pure garbage that passes for radio programing on one of the largest shows on the radio exceeds my capacity to put it into words.   

I agree. Due to insomnia, I ended up catching most of the show, and once he found out that Bin Laden was buried at sea, he kept repeating that. "I just can't believe he was BURIED AT SEA!!!!!! Unbelievable. "  Before that he was talking about how Bin Laden's body should be in the Smithsonian, and it's a National Landmark, etc.

That dumb son of a bitch isn't worth a fuck as a radio host. I will be sending letters of complaint from ALL of my email addresses. Fuck Noory.

To top off the nite, he insisted on playing all those 'upcoming artists'. They sucked just as bad as Noron.

valdez

...George just used the death of Jesus and the rise of Christianity as an analogy for killing Osama Bin Laden and an increase in terrorism.
Quote from: George sucks on May 02, 2011, 11:33:23 AM
Noory's show last night was wrong on so many levels...
Quote from: MikeD on May 02, 2011, 12:51:30 AM
Yeah I really couldn't fucking believe George's best example of martyrdom in regards to bin Laden was Jesus.
Quote from: anagrammy on May 02, 2011, 10:22:23 AM
THIS IS SO OFFENSIVE...my brothers and sisters, take your pen in hand and poke those keyboard keys... It has stopped being funny and gone to the level of a STOPNOORY email campaign!

lisa@coasttocoastam.com

I just tuned in to hear his opening.  It was definitely something he actually prepared.  He must have shown it to somebody, and nobody advised him against it.  He was set up, not only by his own idiocy, but by those around him.  What the heck is going on over there?  Anagrammy is right.  I'm shooting out an email to everyone who's email is listed on the c2c site.  Plain and simple:  Noory apologizes TONIGHT.
     Osama is dead.  Long live the United States of America.

valdez

Whoa.  Just got a response from Noory (within ten minutes)..."No I didnt   ...go back and listen to the tape"