• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: JeffreyLXV on March 17, 2011, 01:28:58 AM

I just come here to read Anagrammy's eloquent posts.

:)

No kidding. If I was as smart as Anagrammy and some of the other posters in this forum, I may have actually made something out of myself... :)

anagrammy

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 17, 2011, 06:48:22 AM

He thinks he is being creative by mixing up his pre-written questions once and a while.  It has gotten to the point now where anyone could pre-record the guest, sprinkle in a few Noory "absolutelys" and "could it be angels" after the fact and you have a show.

Absolutely, Marc. 

LOL Anagrammy
BTW--loved your cubed ArtBell - pls send link so I can reset my desktop!  you rock--

haloedorchid

Quote from: Lunger on March 17, 2011, 06:38:31 AM

So, I listen to this show about the kid who goes to heaven and sees Jesus and God and comes back to tell the story.  The Buffoon doing the "Interview" goes off on this tangent and that....  Does he EVER ask 'What was Heaven like?'  'What did God/Jesus say?'

These are the very first questions that come to mind.

But Norry, The Les Nessman of late night, probes right to the heart of the matter with "What is his (the boy's) favorite season?"

Truly incredible.

I can't picture anyone more retarded then Noory.

So the show was, indeed, malarkey. George needs to be fired yesterday.

b_dubb

i don't know who called Noory the "Les Nessman of Late Night" but that's not fair.  Less was a serious newsman (if a little dull).  Noory is not even fit to be compared with the janitor at WKRP.  a character which to my recollection never made an appearance during the run of that entire show

JustOneFix

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 17, 2011, 09:59:25 AM
No kidding. If I was as smart as Anagrammy and some of the other posters in this forum, I may have actually made something out of myself... :)

Me three. Dare I say, but Anagrammy's posts are almost arousing in the capacity of being eloquent but blunt enough to drive the message home. LOL

When I come on here to make a point or observation, Anagrammy or some of the others state the point or observation far better than I could if I make a post.....

I may not post that much, but I do read most everything presented here!

liam517

omg SO happy to have found this forum. i love C2C and LOVE ART BELL, but damn george snoory sux!!! he's always talking as though he's some uber psychic super-boy. and when he's interviewing other people he sounds like he's barely listening to them. i dont know if he sounds that way cuz he just doesnt care or because he's a damn fool that doesnt understand when he's in over his head...lame.

Scully

I would love to know what George is doing while he's being so inattentive to his guests.  More than once I've heard him say he doesn't sit during the program, but instead is up and pacing around.  My impression is that he was trying to convey a sense of his great intellectual energy driving him ever onward and upward.  The picture I draw is of a Rube Goldberg machine which, although ever busy, essentially does precious little.

haloedorchid

When I used to listen to the podcast there were always scribbling noises while the guest was speaking.

Also, I loved how at his St. Louis studio there were crickets in the background. Perpetual, literal crickets chirping after every inane statement or question.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 17, 2011, 07:31:07 PM
When I used to listen to the podcast there were always scribbling noises while the guest was speaking.

Also, I loved how at his St. Louis studio there were crickets in the background. Perpetual, literal crickets chirping after every inane statement or question.

he was doing his taxes.

robey1129

Check it out----I'm at work and don't have time to find the guy's name. But you know...the crazy soundin' minister who used to work with the guys on the pipeline in Alaska. The one who has all the conspiracy theories about big oil and such. Well, I marked it on my calendar.
This guy actually said, last time he was on C2C, that something was going to happen on March 11 that was going to "change the world".
Was it luck?

HAL 9000

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 17, 2011, 09:59:25 AMIf I was as smart as Anagrammy and some of the other posters in this forum, I may have actually made something out of myself...
George? Is that you?

robey1129

Found him....the Rev. Lindsey Williams. He said "mark your calendars" on March 11th something is going to happen to "change the world".

mortalwombat

does anyone know what Major Ed Dames said in Latin to George last night? George asked and the Major didn't elaborate. it sounded like he said "crania insertia anus." it's murky. i think he was dissing George subliminally by implying (correctly) that George should get his head out of his ass. there were moments where George was totally lost and at least one of his quickie yes/no interjections was the opposite of his actual intent because he was lost and wanted to keep looking smart. i'm sick of it, man! stop the stupidity.

HAL 9000

Tonight's guest, the so-called Dr. John Apsley is a FRAUD.

My research has found that he has a degree in nutrition, and as a chiropractor. He claims a medical degree - MD(E). However, take a peek at where he got his "medical degree":

...and in 1984, and went on to earn his medical degree in eclectic and integrative medicine from The British West Indies Medical College, in Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos, in 1987

See also:
http://www.credentialwatch.org/reports/bwimc.shtml

He is a FRAUD.

haloedorchid

When Dr. Shamsley implied you could combat radiation with algae, I had to tune out.

Michio Kaku is on now, I hope he delivers.

Eddie Coyle

YES! "Non sequitur" was basically how Dames started the interview when he accused George of using one in his description of "Dr Doom".

And how did Noory respond to this pointed barb from Dames?...He says "Absolutely" in that befuddled tone he masters.

valdez

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 18, 2011, 12:15:28 AM
Michio Kaku is on now, I hope he delivers.

A lady called in during the last hour and said Dr. Michio Kaku's energy and enthusiasm was "life affirming" and much needed after Ed Dames' "we're all gonna die" fest.  She's right.  Although George seems to ask the exact same space/physics questions, Kaku rises above them and carries the night with a bold vision of the future that doesn't involve mass human extinction.
     A few things I thought interesting:
     1.  Kaku mentioned that a butterfly lives only a few days.  Oh the precious time I stole from them as an inconsiderate youth.
     2.  Kaku spoke of very advanced civilizations and referenced the Q.  Then he directly asked George, "you know, Star Trek's Q?"  George did not respond and asked him some unrelated question.  George would never miss an opportunity to ramble on about a tv show, so therefore:
      a) George didn't know what the Q was.
      b) Hence probably completely unfamiliar with The Next generation.
      c) And now that I think about it, he doesn't reference Star Trek much beyond the stuff that any American would know through general cultural osmosis.  So does George not know/or is not a fan of the Star Trek franchise?  Is that possible?  I'll admit I never seen an episode of Enterprise, and Voyager fell apart after a while, but some knowledge of the original, TNG, and DS9 (my favorite), should be kind of a basic requirement for Mr. Truth Seeker, and other star gazers and sociopaths.  Perhaps my evidence is somewhat flimsy, and as a good Snoorologist I shall await other hints, clues, rumors and innuendos before I publish my paper.

"Q"

aldousburbank

Quote from: robey1129 on March 17, 2011, 10:39:38 PM
Check it out----I'm at work and don't have time to find the guy's name. But you know...the crazy soundin' minister who used to work with the guys on the pipeline in Alaska. The one who has all the conspiracy theories about big oil and such. Well, I marked it on my calendar.
This guy actually said, last time he was on C2C, that something was going to happen on March 11 that was going to "change the world".
Was it luck?

Good call!  I have been reviewing the show but haven't heard the prediction yet.  Do you have a time signature for this statement so that we can hear it?

haloedorchid

Quote from: valdez on March 18, 2011, 05:14:34 AM

A lady called in during the last hour and said Dr. Michio Kaku's energy and enthusiasm was "life affirming" and much needed after Ed Dames' "we're all gonna die" fest.  She's right.  Although George seems to ask the exact same space/physics questions, Kaku rises above them and carries the night with a bold vision of the future that doesn't involve mass human extinction.

I didn't get to listen to the entire show, but I was impressed with what I did hear. His talk about what society would be like in 2100 was positive. And his likening aliens to viewing humans like snakes and mosquitoes in the woods. It's so refreshing to hear an accomplished, legitimate scientist on instead of the hacks we're normally subjected to. And there's been so much negativity in the media; it's nice hearing someone credible has a positive outlook.

Thanks for the recap. George Noory is woefully unworthy of interviewing Dr. Kaku.

aldousburbank

Am I losing it, or did George do a fairly decent interview with Kaku?  The few times I woke last night and listened it almost seemed to be making sense.  This makes no sense.

YNOT

In reference to Non Sequitur...from Wikipedia

Non sequitur (pronounced /nɒnˈsɛkwɪtər/) is Latin for "it does not follow." It is most often used as a noun to describe illogical statements.

This could basically describe anything that comes out of George's trap...

Digitech

Ed Dames was really a cranky-pants during the parts of the interview I heard. 'Do you want me to tell you this or not?', etc etc.

b_dubb

i wish someone would punch dames in the face and drag his ass off to jail for being a fraud and a crook

anagrammy

Quote from: liam517 on March 17, 2011, 06:24:45 PM
omg SO happy to have found this forum. i love C2C and LOVE ART BELL, but damn george snoory sux!!! he's always talking as though he's some uber psychic super-boy. and when he's interviewing other people he sounds like he's barely listening to them. i dont know if he sounds that way cuz he just doesnt care or because he's a damn fool that doesnt understand when he's in over his head...lame.

Thanks Liam and welcome to the forum.  Feel free to post and post often--by the way, you might be interested in the new chat room for "coasties" which Noory announced recently.  www.coasties2coasties.com, I think.  And please give us a full report- I can't enter a url while holding my nose.

Anagrammy

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on March 18, 2011, 02:06:38 PM
i wish someone would punch dames in the face and drag his ass off to jail for being a fraud and a crook

Old Nooron almost, but not quite, objected when Dames began advocating for the mass exodus of large parts of North America.  Nooron objected on the basis of how it could be done, not whether it should be done.  It was uncomfortable to listen to that segment.  That was very irresponsible on the part of C2C, and you could hear that realization in Nooron's voice...for about 1/10th of a second.

anagrammy

Quote from: valdez on March 18, 2011, 05:14:34 AM

1.  Kaku mentioned that a butterfly lives only a few days.  Oh the precious time I stole from them as an inconsiderate youth.
     2.  Kaku spoke of very advanced civilizations and referenced the Q.  Then he directly asked George, "you know, Star Trek's Q?"  George did not respond and asked him some unrelated question.  George would never miss an opportunity to ramble on about a tv show, so therefore:
      a) George didn't know what the Q was.
      b) Hence probably completely unfamiliar with The Next generation.
      c) And now that I think about it, he doesn't reference Star Trek much beyond the stuff that any American would know through general cultural osmosis.

"Q"

Valdez, as a licensed Noorologist myself (otherwise why the f would I be listening any more...), I have to comment that the Noory lack of cultural IQ is an anomaly in the universe which cannot be explained by normal physics.  It speaks of another dimension, where the Noory evolved in isolation from both scientific education AND garden-variety sci fi/paranormal interests.  Statements like "I have always had a lifelong interest (besides being oxymoronic) in ---- lead the trained observer to believe that the opposite is true.  The fact is that the Noory is probably born missing the curiosity gene which is the hallmark of high IQ, hence the long silences (fear of exposure) and the inability to ask the next logical question.

I point here at the blackboard where the guest announces that his son has visited heaven, seen Jesus and spoken to Diety.  George asks the guest what his son's favorite season is.  The sound that follows is the show falling flat to the floor.

Perhaps we need to see a birth certificate?  One that says "earth"  ....

OR!  And here's a terrifying thought--maybe he's an angel sent here to make a final test of our patience.  If so, I will DEFINITELY be around on May 22nd, pickin' lint off the sofa and wondering if Art will be taking back the show now that George has been raptured.

Anagrammy