George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

aldousburbank

Letter I Wish Someone Would Read Out Loud To George:

George, Tommy, and Lisa,
Hello again, and thank you for the invitation.  Unfortunately, I will not be available for the proposed interview as was discussed in our previous email correspondence.  However, thanks to the contact info that you kindly provided, I was able to speak with Art and will be appearing on his show (in a separate timeline) in the very near future. (mine, not yours)  Since I have only a single choice as to which historical dimension to anchor my current activities in, this alternative promised a more attractive outcome, but I thank you for the opportunity nonetheless.
Best of luck with your show.
John Titor 

MikeD

Whitley...Strieber...is hosting tonite?

wowwwwww... was the crazy old lady who used to call in to talk about having sex with her dad unavailable?

haloedorchid

Tomorrow's guest's last name is Malarkey. I'm almost tempted to listen.

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 12, 2011, 11:17:24 AM
Letter I wish somebody would read aloud to George:

Dear George,
You seem like a real nice guy.  I don't hate you, and I don't want to bum you out, but I can't stand to hear you on the radio, and neither can a good portion of C2C's former listening audience.  Let me try to explain.
You're just not good at hosting a national radio broadcast, or reading, or having an imaginative conversation with a guest.  You're not good at challenging horseshit (a vexation) or engaging in creative bullshit (an Art).  You're not good at listening or responding within context of the preceding discussion, except in a non-logical manner.  It's a little like watching a tennis match where the play cannot proceed past the 2nd volley.  It is not entertaining and it is not informative.So please let somebody else take the wheel George, and you I'm sure, can get a fine gig hawking some company's health products or producing human interest stories for the E channel.  But don't try driving the big rigs when all you've got is the honking horn.  Ok?Again, please understand that I don't hate you, as that wouldn't be the Hopi Way, I just can't stand your buttsmelly show.  Thanks for understanding, and please let Tommy know that I really am nauseated by what he has done to the show as well.Your friend,
Aldous
[/color]

Well put, like a watercooler conversation--matter of fact.  Can I sign as well?

Anagrammy

mortalwombat

hello.

i joined only to offer a few things to whoever would be interested. sorry in advance to those who aren't.

in the wake of the Japanese compound-disasters, the world needs consolation, not fearmongering. therefore it's prime time for George Noory to resign as C2C host.

we don't need or want another of his shows full of 1) filler, 2) knuckle-dragging fascination borne of doofball-spec aptitude, 3) irrelevant questions and follow-ups, and this gripe list is at least a dozen long but i won't waste time. throughout, he sensationalizes dramatic irrelevance to boost ratings. the C2C main photo of him is either photochopped or he received a very obvious hairlift and/or dyeing - i'm not saying it's worth a hill of beans to me, but i'm saying it clearly reinforces the idea that he's more into image than content. also, he is not smart. Art Bell is a naturally-talented master of radio and thought. he *IS* C2C. i don't expect him to return full-scale or at all, but in the meantime Ian Punnett and George Knapp are outstanding hosts. i respect John Wells more as a linguist but he's good. enough of Noory and his rubbernecking jackalope followers. we need a preponderance of intelligence and honesty heading into the future, more than we did last month. i'm not calling it media-based disclosure, but you could, if you're into labeling stuff.

anyway i guess Strieber is too far up in the clouds to face the sobering mess in Japan, so send him with George. these events could break the top 10 ever in life lost, and are already the #1 worst disaster ever in dollars. there's no light at the end of the tunnel as of now, with several nukes still unstable and trapped people who are alive now but won't be in 5 minutes. reflect upon how lucky we are to still be here compared to the dead and especially THANK those who are within that 20km radius right now, knowingly receiving life-ending doses of radioactivity in obligation to save their fellow man's life, by getting close enough to try to ramp things down. we should all be as brave as whoever they are. if you believe in a God and you care about our future or at least your own future, ask for wisdom, because building fragile nukes (not to mention cities) on the Pacific Rim isn't it. i realize that Japan has an energy shortage without nukes, but are they worth this price? clearly not! well on the day of 9/11, or JFK, Pearl Harbor, Lincoln or any number of such historic events, an intuitive realization seeped into aware minds that it was a new era - well, that intuitive realization is back, and i say that if we have aware minds, let's consider listening to such intuitions before we finally blow ourselves to kingdom come. dig? Chernobyl's denial ended when it was detected in Sweden. Fukushima's denial is still underway :(

if that's a petition to evict George going around, i'm in. c ya

valdez

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 14, 2011, 01:16:29 PM

[/l]
   Normally a mild mannered, less than mediocre talk show host, prone to utter such banalities as, "absolutely", or, "good point", or, "who knows?"  George began to take to heart the criticism of his detractors, the bloggers.
   "They make fun of you," said Tom, his aide-de-camp.
   "Why?" asked George.
   "They are filled with hate and jealousy."
    "They're making me angry," said George.
    "As you should be."
    "They won't like me when I'm angry."
    "Go forth, George.  Go forth and seek your vengeance!"

valdez

Quote from: mortalwombat on March 14, 2011, 12:38:03 AM
i joined only to offer a few things to whoever would be interested...
Welcome.
Ian Punnett and George Knapp are outstanding hosts...
Here, here.
if you're into labeling stuff...
That's me.
...intuitive realization is back...
I'm not a fan of intuitive realization, but I do see your point.  Thank you, wombat.

Marc.Knight

The show tonight is so lame I cannot even talk about it.  Milktoast dreck.

misssirveaux

George's guest just mentioned that his paralyzed son was able to have his picture taken with the St. Louis Rams cheerleaders.  Guest: "His smile was never as big as it was in that picture."  George: "OHH, yeah.  They're great girls.  I mean, they're really nice."  I bet, George.

b_dubb

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 15, 2011, 12:42:02 AM
The show tonight is so lame I cannot even talk about it.  Milktoast dreck.
the show about the kid who was horribly injured but had visions of jesus?  yeah that sounded like something that belonged on the 700 Club

valdez

Kevin Malarkey on how his son had visited Heaven and God while he was in a coma.  Good story butchered by George.  Ian would have delicately controlled the pace, and by the end we would all be praising the virgin Mary.  Later Dr. Marvin Herndon spoke of pole shifts and other earthly calamities.  George said, as he has on many other occasions, "you know what they say, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times."  The thing is, "they" don't say that.  Dickens said that.  When Dr. Herndon properly attributed the quote the silence that emanated from Noory told me that he didn't know that.  I don't expect regular Joe to know such things, but I do expect a c2c host to have a working knowledge of basic western civilization.
    It's the opening line to A Tale of Two Cities (1859).

onan

I don't get it... why do you guys continue to listen to the crap of noory. I mean looking in the toilet for a rose... it is possible but come on really?

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on March 15, 2011, 06:47:03 AM
I don't get it... why do you guys continue to listen to the crap of noory. I mean looking in the toilet for a rose... it is possible but come on really?

I was tempted to give a corn-picking, second-harvest analogy, but that would be gross.  I tend to wake up most nights about midway through the the Snoor-a-thon, and pop an earbud in just to get a chuckle from some inanity issuing forth from mustache boy's mouth crevice. Last night I awoke just in time to hear him slobber about the St. Louis Ram's cheerleaders, and as usual, my radio was off within 30 seconds.  I have to assume that this is not a matter of unfortunate timing, but that the whole damn show sucks this bad.

They are hoping for an on-air hari kari by George once he figures out how bad he is.

aldousburbank

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 15, 2011, 09:58:46 AM
They are hoping for an on-air hari kari by George once he figures out how bad he is.
Now that would be some great radio!

Marc.Knight

Where else are we going to get such great material for Coastgab?

aldousburbank

Senor Knight.

Your photos crack me up.  Makes me want to learn photoshop and stuff.  I just found this awesome George sucks photobucket site, that apparently, many of you have already seen http://photobucket.com/images/George%20Noory%20Sucks/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16  Marc, is this yours, or some other CoastGabber?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 15, 2011, 11:25:15 AM
Senor Knight.

Your photos crack me up.  Makes me want to learn photoshop and stuff.  I just found this awesome George sucks photobucket site, that apparently, many of you have already seen http://photobucket.com/images/George%20Noory%20Sucks/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16  Marc, is this yours, or some other CoastGabber?

Not mine...

b_dubb

Quote from: Marc Knight on March 15, 2011, 10:27:46 AM
Where else are we going to get such great material for Coastgab?

harsh.  i think Dames is circling the bowl in the next stall

haloedorchid

Quote from: misssirveaux on March 15, 2011, 12:56:18 AM
George's guest just mentioned that his paralyzed son was able to have his picture taken with the St. Louis Rams cheerleaders.  Guest: "His smile was never as big as it was in that picture."  George: "OHH, yeah.  They're great girls.  I mean, they're really nice."  I bet, George.

He never passes up an opportunity to drool about any traditionally-attractive women that are ever brought up on the show. Save it for the Howard Stern show, dude. No one cares.

JustOneFix

That photobucket link has some real gems!

While looking thru those pics, I wondered if Snoory & a certain former TV actor were seperated at birth.

rangers1919

Has anybody heard yet when Noory will have an episode about angels in Japan during the tsunami?

haloedorchid

Quote from: rangers1919 on March 15, 2011, 06:33:54 PM
Has anybody heard yet when Noory will have an episode about angels in Japan during the tsunami?

No, but tonight Neil Slade will be on to discuss releasing neurocircuits in the brain to use all the energy of the mind. I'm sure at some point the conversation will devolve into how the Japanese weren't harnessing the energy of their collective mind's properly to prevent the disasters in the first place.

MikeD

With all this nuclear power escaping into the air, it's a good we have a goddamn stock broker coming on tonight to tell us what's going on with reactors.

Jesus Christ, I used to listen to this show to not get sick about the news. Now I'm gonna hear about how if I live through the nuclear fallout, my portfolio is still basically dicked.