• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

bateman

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 05, 2015, 09:19:19 PM
I am watching the Roswell Slides live stream now on USTREAM. I wish I spoke Spanish. But nontheless, this seems to be a well crafted production....
Nights like tonight.. when I miss Art.

Clyde Lewis is doing a show now on it. He is actually very cautionary about it, seems skeptical.

Listening to Clyde myself. He just threw this up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152755809677102

I'll take "crock of shit" for 500, Alex.

Jorch mentioned a dinosaur called a Borontosaurus last night. Is that a new discovery?

Wow, Brian Eno was a great guest last night. I really enjoyed it when he spoke about creating his ambient albums, and the use of his oblique strategies.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 05, 2015, 09:19:19 PM
I am watching the Roswell Slides live stream now on USTREAM. I wish I spoke Spanish. But nontheless, this seems to be a well crafted production....
Nights like tonight.. when I miss Art.

Clyde Lewis is doing a show now on it. He is actually very cautionary about it, seems skeptical.

Wow didn't know it was being live-streamed, thanks for that.  The bald guy talking now, a Mexican scientist called Jose, is just saying that the body in question is not consistent with any human deformities or medical conditions - he's convinced it's not from this world.

Watching this with an open mind, but obviously there is always the possibility it is fake.

bateman

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 05, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
Wow didn't know it was being live-streamed, thanks for that.  The bald guy talking now, a Mexican scientist called Jose, is just saying that the body in question is not consistent with any human deformities or medical conditions - he's convinced it's not from this world.

Watching this with an open mind, but obviously there is always the possibility it is fake.

It looks like a prop from the old "Mars 2112" theme restaurant here in NYC.

coaster

that thing is about as real as noory's hair color.

Started watching the broadcast late so maybe I missed it, but these experts seem to all be operating on the premise that the slides are real and not hoaxed.  Hopefully Noory's guests will explain why these slides have any credibility.

Kojiro

There's a 99.999999999999999999% chance that the slides are a hoax simply because of Jaime Maussan's involvement. He's a repeat offender as far as hoaxes go, and thus not the least bit credible.

Morgus

Impressive that Apollo 14 astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell is involved at Mexico City today.
He grew up in the Roswell, New Mexico area.

Morgus

Too bad this story didn't come out a few months later so Art Bell could cover it live with reporter Linda Howe.

PrairieGhost

Thought I'd listen to C2C tonight because of the slides but man oh man is this borrrrring....

Self-proclaimed reincarnated Eisenhower calling in, doesn't this show have call screeners?! 

trostol

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 05, 2015, 11:48:22 PM
Self-proclaimed reincarnated Eisenhower calling in, doesn't this show have call screeners?!

not only that..he didnt even take the guys call really lol

Kojiro

Well, that was a very awful judge of character by Dolan.....

PrairieGhost

I like this caller! Calling the guest out and then Noory covers his ass with a break LOL

And I'm the reincarnation of Curly Howard.

NoMoreNoory

Art didn't, and he would have latched on to that call like a gold miner onto a fresh seam. For a start, isn't Ike supposed to be in one of these slides? Who better to talk about what the Eisenhower administration knew about Roswell than the man himself?
Art would have kept him on air for the next twenty minutes. Noory just ignores it. The man has absolutely no instinct for the job whatsoever.

coaster

I would have loved to hear that call. It would've been a hoot I bet.

Quote from: coaster on May 06, 2015, 12:05:41 AM
I would have loved to hear that call. It would've been a hoot I bet.

Yeah.. not really.  You didn't miss much.  It had potential though.

It's better than the alien autopsy crap, that's for sure.  That crap looked like some props from a bad horror movie. I don't know who this Jaime is so if anybody has any background on him, please post it.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 06, 2015, 12:07:18 AM

It's better than the alien autopsy crap, that's for sure.  That crap looked like some props from a bad horror movie. I don't know who this Jaime is so if anybody has any background on him, please post it.

"He was born in Mexico City, and earned a B.A. degree in radio and television from the Miami University in Ohio.  He has had a 25 year career in the media, during which he has received numerous awards, and is now General Director and Anchorman of '60 Minutes' Mexico.  He produced 20 commercial videos for 'Programas de Investigacion', achieving leadership for an independent production company in Mexico.  He also produces a radio program 'Jaime Maussan, UFOs and other Mysteries', one of the most popular shows in Mexico." - http://www.paradigmresearchgroup.org/Awards/Maussan_Jaime.htm

Kojiro

Here was Jaime's last hoaxing escapade: http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/03/12/monsterquest-maussan-hoax-revealed

He's also involved himself in that "Dr. Reed" hoax as well as numerous others. Him and his show are like one big hoax-factory.

NoMoreNoory

Jamie Maussan

A Classic UFO Watchdog article (c) by Royce Myers, III

Promoter and supporter of various UFO hoaxes. Constantly claims to have scientific proof, but never seems able to produce it when asked. Claimed to have radar tapes confirming UFOs in Mexico airspace. Was reportedly asked for the tapes - the tapes never came to fruition. Supported Hale-Bopp UFO hoax made infamous via Art Bell and Courtney Brown. Told people at a 1996 UFO conference that stars in the sky were actually giant UFOs hovering in space above the planet. Said this was reason stars shifted position in sky! Sold infamous tape of daylight UFO to a television network for a reported $120,000 - the tape was proven to be a hoax. Maussan has also supported the Billy Meier UFO fraud. Maussan is now best known for his promotion of the shameless Reed UFO Fraud. Maussan claims to have scientific proof of the Reed UFO Fraud - again, he has yet to produce it. Will jump the gun and claim a bogus alien photo is real without proper investigation. Maussan had the gall to call your ufowatchdog.com an amateur - funny, but I recall this so-called amateur exposing the Reed UFO Fraud that was sitting right under Maussan's nose. So, Jaime, what ever did happen to your supposed investigation showing "Dr. Reed" to be real? Beware of so-called journalists that don't report all of the facts...it is indeed a wonder why anyone would give Maussan a grain of credibility. Let's just hope a real case of import never finds its way to Maussan...God help us if it does...clowns belong in the circus, not doing investigations.

SnapT

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on May 05, 2015, 08:53:32 PM
The end of that bizarre video with Falkie and 'the lads' in the studio suggested that Dave was settling in for the much-mooted interview. Anyone know if it happened?

http://youtu.be/mquztJnJP3w

Thanks for the info on Jaime, guys and gals. I've read a lot on UFO's but never heard that name before.  At the very least, he is rather gullible. It's too bad a more respectable name is not linked with these latest slides.  I do believe that a disc of unknown origin crashed in Roswell and the US govt. is covering up the story.  Its about the only conspiracy that I really believe is true. There's too much testimony from people who are honest salt-of-the-earth types for me to believe otherwise. As to the slides themselves, I want to believe they are real but I need more evidence to back up these claims.

ponyboysunset

I just want to say I am one of the 25 haters, so that only leaves 24 more of you left! But somehow that qualifies for fuzzy math, if anything ever does.

Dateline

I think the number genius is that he reads Bellgab Norry thread, and writes down the names of new posters on this thread with his colored markers.

The tablet:

4/30  22 Haters + 1= 23 Haters

5/1  23 Haters + 5 = 28 Haters

5/2 28 Haters -3 - 25 Haters

5/3 No posts =  No Haters

5/4 25 Haters + 1/2 Post = 25 1/2 Haters (That was a Falkie)

5/5 Nap night = Unsolvable Haters

And so it goes.

Don't really like people being referred to as "haters."  I certainly don't "hate" Noory at all.  I just want the show to get better.  Getting it back to the quality of the Art Bell days is nearly impossible for any host, but that doesn't mean Noory shouldn't at least try.  Of all the stupid memes to come out in recent years, one of the worst is the "haters gonna hate" and just the general overuse of the H word.  It pigeonholes a whole bunch of people with legitimate concerns into this useless category of mindless haters.  It's a great way to stifle intellectual conversation to just resort to name calling, much like when people are accused of being racist, homophobic, or antisemitic in hopes that that name-calling will end all dissenting remarks.

In school we often took turns being critiqued by the entire class after completing a term paper, presumably in the hopes that this would make us better writers.  The critiques could be harsh at times, but never did I label the people criticising me as "haters," I simply tried to do better on the next term paper.  Similarly, sure the vaguely lovable people here can be harsh with their Noory criticisms and off-color jokes, but instead of trying to get better based on this criticism, Noory seems to just automatically label anyone with even the slightest criticism as a hater when he should be taking notes on how he can improve as a professional radio host.