• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CornyCrow

Quote from: akwilly on April 24, 2015, 12:59:20 AM
wow I hate to say anyone sucks but dang wasn't the vitamin guy just on coast a week or so ago
That vitamin guy said practically nothing.  He was just a lot of hype.  A huckster, like Noory.  That woman who called on her knee replacement issue got no help at all.  They guy started to respond, Noory interrupetd, and they got off on the wrong track.  Art would often ask the caller, 'Did that answer your question?'.  Noory just disconnects the callers and moves on.  He's so inconsiderate and boorish.  The 'nice' guy is just a facade.  If you can't be smart, be nice.

CornyCrow

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 24, 2015, 01:32:24 AM
UGH...

will folkie or someone pleaseeeeee email George and tell but to stop derailing guests train of thought and talking over him

This is a very interesting topic and it's been a while since a good guest was on pleaseeeeeee falkie or someone just send him something!

Do you think George is developmentally disabled?  He can't seem to hold on to one topic very long.  His brain skips all over the place.  His best guests are wise to him and will not allow themselves to be pulled off topic, like that guy who wrote Chasing the Scream.  Other people are not that talented and could really use a good interviewer.  Noory is just horrible with those people. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on April 22, 2015, 10:07:55 PM
Jorch told a guest a few nights ago "You spell it like it is!". Brilliant Jorch.

When it comes to Dave it is spelled s-u-c-k.

PathoJen

Anyone else hear Noory say "wanna take a ride" on C2C last night??

albrecht

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 03:50:40 PM
Anyone else hear Noory say "wanna take a ride" on C2C last night??
Yes, I caught that snide, slap-in-the-face comment by Norry. I think he is getting nervous and especially when so many callers keep mentioning Art Bell. He used to say things like "that was a long time ago" now he just tries to ignore the comment. But you can tell he is frustrated by them.
-GNS

PathoJen

"Wanna take a ride" Noory
"Not with you" Us

Nick el Ass

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 03:59:04 PM
"Wanna take a ride" Noory
"Not with you" Us

I can imagine Dave Noorie's creeper van is loaded with empty pizza roll boxes because him and Tommy are slobs.

136 or 142

To, I guess be fair to Noory, he did laugh somewhat after saying "Wanna take a ride."

PathoJen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 24, 2015, 05:57:29 PM

I can imagine Dave Noorie's creeper van is loaded with empty pizza roll boxes because him and Tommy are slobs.

Haha! Awesome.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: PathoJen on April 24, 2015, 06:07:34 PM
Haha! Awesome.

Sometimes you can see Dave, tommy, and David Wilcock rolling through neighborhoods looking for girls... or as Noorie likes to call them jailbait.

wr250

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 24, 2015, 05:57:29 PM

i imagined it to be more like this :

Dateline

The above vehicle is the Hawaiian Pineapple Express.

CornyCrow

Quote from: HorrorRetro on April 24, 2015, 10:02:39 AM
Yes. And lazy.
I think George give the hard interviews to Knapp because he knows Knapp does the job better than he.  George knows he does not excel at his job.  The position is above his level of competence.  Wasn't there some Clint Eastwood character who said 'A man's got to know his limitations'?  There was a book called the Peter Principle, I think, which said people got promoted until they reached a level above their competence and then they were frozen in that spot or fired. 

Is Noory going to stay indefinitely in a job that does not agree with him?  He must have enough money now to live comfortably.  The net worth site gives his income as $500k and his net worth only $2mill.  He must have a lot more than that by now. The market is doing nicely and any fool can probably live, as a single person, on $100k annually. 

He's so superficial.  He should have one of those daytime 'girlchat' talk shows. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on April 24, 2015, 03:53:28 PM
Yes, I caught that snide, slap-in-the-face comment by Norry. I think he is getting nervous and especially when so many callers keep mentioning Art Bell. He used to say things like "that was a long time ago" now he just tries to ignore the comment. But you can tell he is frustrated by them.
-GNS
I think he tries to appear gracious, but is really worried.  Won't Art's new program be repeating in the same time slot?  I also would not pay to subscribe to Norry, but as long as the mechanics are simple enough for me to understand, I certainly would for Art. 

trostol

wonder if when Art returns it gives Noory the chance he seems to be dying for to formally change the format to more new age and health he seems to love

136 or 142

Quote from: trostol on April 24, 2015, 09:46:39 PM
wonder if when Art returns it gives Noory the chance he seems to be dying for to formally change the format to more new age and health he seems to love

Actually, I believe GN would like to move to a free form jazz format. (Spinal Tap reference).

ACE of CLUBS

Just a question ......
You hear Noory and others say that their listenership is .... XYZ amount.
How does a radio station know how many folks have their radios tuned into them ?
Thanks 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: CornyCrow on April 24, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
I think George give the hard interviews to Knapp because he knows Knapp does the job better than he.  George knows he does not excel at his job.  The position is above his level of competence.  Wasn't there some Clint Eastwood character who said 'A man's got to know his limitations'?  There was a book called the Peter Principle, I think, which said people got promoted until they reached a level above their competence and then they were frozen in that spot or fired. 

Is Noory going to stay indefinitely in a job that does not agree with him?  He must have enough money now to live comfortably.  The net worth site gives his income as $500k and his net worth only $2mill.  He must have a lot more than that by now. The market is doing nicely and any fool can probably live, as a single person, on $100k annually. 

He's so superficial.  He should have one of those daytime 'girlchat' talk shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

He clearly has no interest in radio based on the effort he puts forward, and wants to be in tv... but Dave will stay put as long as he is getting paid because I can't see anyone giving him a real show on a real channel other than the Ancient Aliens kind of nonsense. Even on there he sucks out loud.   

136 or 142

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 24, 2015, 10:25:45 PM
Just a question ......
You hear Noory and others say that their listenership is .... XYZ amount.
How does a radio station know how many folks have their radios tuned into them ?
Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs

nextgen.fm

He's posting in the art thread and replying to people!!!

Quote from: CornyCrow on April 24, 2015, 09:19:49 PM

He probably has a lot of debt and perhaps alimony payments.

136 or 142

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 24, 2015, 11:12:49 PM
He probably has a lot of debt and perhaps alimony payments.

His children are all adults. 

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 24, 2015, 11:18:55 PM

There's no legal obligation to pay spousal support if you have no dependants?  I'm sorry, I don't know about these things.

136 or 142

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 24, 2015, 11:35:56 PM
There's no legal obligation to pay spousal support if you have no dependants?  I'm sorry, I don't know about these things.

Oops, I was thinking of child support payments, sorry!

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 24, 2015, 11:18:55 PM
Yeah but he mentions all the time about "helping out" family members. Which is good and fine that he does it- but the way he says it I think he resents doing it. He clearly wants the audience to think he is nice and helps people (he "throws the homeless guy a $20" etc) but at the same time will use serious/sad events, like his sister's (I think it was a sister) brain cancer death, as an almost throw-away line to a guest! I'm sure he really is sad about that but sometimes he cavalierly throws that out. And the "charitable foundation," to help the disabled, elderly etc listeners he was always mentioning for months a while back never has appeared.