• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 27, 2015, 04:35:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much.  After the Noorlenium things should pretty much get back to normal.

Unless we all figure out a way to stretch this out to page 2015.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2015, 04:21:21 AM
...Let's limit it to songs to those pertaining to the suckage of George or have something to do with the daily broadcast.

Ok, fair enough, here's one for George, for pilfering Art's music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs#

Chaim

Lets try something constructive here.
Afaik the main reasons Noory is disliked as a the host are:
1. he's not Art Bell
2. doesn't ask hard questions in interviews
3. doesn't listen to what his guests are saying
4. seems to ask only questions he wrote down before, and the guest already has the list (wtf!)
5. 80% of the topics covered are boring, the 20% rest is the usual old stuff ((ancient)Aliens, UFO, Atlantis, Planet X)
probably more reasons, feel free to add to the list

My question is: What could Noory do, what could he change, so you'd like his broadcasts?

ItsOver

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on February 27, 2015, 03:19:14 AM

Presidents aren't supposed to salute.  They're civilians. 

The fact that they didn't salute -- before Reagan's time -- demonstrated that a civilian is in charge of the military of the United States and not the other way around.

President Eisenhower was a retired FIVE-STAR Army general who led the D-Day invasion and knew not to salute.

Reagan started saluting because he liked doing it in the movies.

His PR toads thought it looked snappy and great, so now they all have to do it -- or else they face severe criticism.
President Eisenhower did salute.  Just not routinely.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/sep/24/rachel-maddow/rachel-maddow-not-even-old-gen-eisenhower-saluted-/

pate

Quote from: Chaim on February 27, 2015, 07:19:06 AM
...Lets try something constructive here...

It's the '90s Chaim, get a grip!  Isn't it enough that you played LMH last night by playing that "Chaimey" character?  That's low-bro...

Wahnfried

My question is: What could Noory do, what could he change, so you'd like his broadcasts?

Quit.

expat

GN: Linda, of all the stories you've reported over the years -- cattle mutilations, crop circles, abductions, etc., which was the most strange?

LMH: [stunned silence]

That was a clashic.

Chaim

Quote from: pate on February 27, 2015, 07:44:57 AM
It's the '90s Chaim, get a grip!  Isn't it enough that you played LMH last night by playing that "Chaimey" character?  That's low-bro...
dont know what LMH means, but I wonder what medication you're on. not because of this reply, but because of most of them.

Chaim

Quote from: expat on February 27, 2015, 08:46:54 AM
GN: Linda, of all the stories you've reported over the years -- cattle mutilations, crop circles, abductions, etc., which was the most strange?

That was a clashic.
that was unfair of Noory. She didn't have a pre-recorded answer for that.

pate

Ah, the 1990s.  A turgid and throbbing time of music.  Example of such, you ask? 

Gladly:

The Mike Flowers Pops - Wonderwall

The darkness of the "bad years" behind all of us, we were free to carry the fight to the shining future...

Popular music wuz ded, y'see...

ItsOver

That was a clashic.

Linda was no doubt thinking to herself, "The Jorch Noory story."

Lets try something constructive here.
Afaik the main reasons Noory is disliked as a the host are:
1. he's not Art Bell
2. doesn't ask hard questions in interviews
3. doesn't listen to what his guests are saying
4. seems to ask only questions he wrote down before, and the guest already has the list (wtf!)
5. 80% of the topics covered are boring, the 20% rest is the usual old stuff ((ancient)Aliens, UFO, Atlantis, Planet X)
probably more reasons, feel free to add to the list

A good start would be to stop doing whatever it is he's doing during the show, and focus on the guest and callers.  Listen to every single word, all the way to the end.  Then respond to that.

In other words, have a conversation, not just a bunch of random questions - the next one being asked when he senses silence

Know in advance what the guest has been doing lately, and why they are on the show.  Show some interest in the topic - fake it if necessary.

Do the little things, like read the top of the show news copy before going on the air and hacking his way thru it.

If Bee On Bleef, Ancient Aliens, various conferences are taking up time that should be used to make Coast a listenable show, stop doing them and focus on just Coast.

That gets the show up to being tolerable.  It doesn't make him smarter, more knowledgeable about the world around him, or less boring as a host

George has read and heard all this before.  If he were interested in getting better, the effort would have already been made.  It really is too late - he's entrenched, lifelong habits formed, and he doesn't give a shit as long as he thinks his job is safe.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 27, 2015, 11:47:52 AM
A good start would be to stop doing whatever it is he's doing during the show, and focus on the guest and callers.  Listen to every single word, all the way to the end.  Then respond to that.

In other words, have a conversation, not just a bunch of random questions - the next one being asked when he senses silence

Know in advance what the guest has been doing lately, and why they are on the show.  Show some interest in the topic - fake it if necessary.

Do the little things, like read the top of the show news copy before going on the air and hacking his way thru it.

If Bee On Bleef, Ancient Aliens, various conferences are taking up time that should be used to make Coast a listenable show, stop doing them and focus on just Coast.

That gets the show up to being tolerable.  It doesn't make him smarter, more knowledgeable about the world around him, or less boring as a host

George has read and heard all this before.  If he were interested in getting better, the effort would have already been made.  It really is too late - he's entrenched, lifelong habits formed, and he doesn't give a shit as long as he thinks his job is safe.
All the above.  I don't hold it against him he's not Art.  Who the hell is, other than Art?  He's the numero uno.  Jorch just likes to use that as an excuse for his inherent suckage.

zeebo

That was a clashic.

A standard Noory shortcut he uses all the time.  Must be so annoying to people who've spent a whole career on multiple topics to have to trivialize it all down to one example.  It also kills the drama of the show since if they do manage to tell you their best story right off, where do you go from there?  I've heard him ask people this kind of question in the first 5 mins. of an interview, when he's still got 2 hrs. to fill with them.  As for LMH, jeez he's been talking to her for years, can't he figure out what's most interesting himself by now?

zeebo

...My question is: What could Noory do, what could he change, so you'd like his broadcasts?

Chaim I'm sure your intentions are good, and you'll probably get some takers, but we went through this excercise in depth back when George was active for a few months on this board, like a year and a half ago ("coincidentally" around when Art was doing Dark Matter). 

Bellgabbers wrote lots of posts of basically "How to Fix George" which were mostly ignored or rejected or only applied for a night or two before reversion back to the mean.  Check out many back-and-forths folks had with member SciFiAuthor around that time who tirelessly tried to defend and improve George's performance and even he, it appears, eventually threw in the towel. 

I've certainly accepted the way it is, I mean c'mon the guy's in the twelfth year of doing the show, do you think he's gonna ever be much different at this point?  He'll tell you he's "open to tweaking the show" which in his mind means changing a word or two in the intro, or playing a certain song once a month or whatever, but the major issues are not going away, which is why btw we're quickly approaching this thread's 2000th page, a.k.a. G2K. 

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsOver on February 25, 2015, 08:26:18 PM
Jorch could poach Jones' "She's a Lady" from Kim Komando, maybe slip in a little from 'ol Blue Eyes.   I can see LMH's skin crawling.  And this is a lady who's in to cattle mutilations.
I noticed this WAS played last night.  Can anyone say CREEPY? 

AZZERAE

George Noory, I know you read this board:

Why do you constantly have to piss all over Art Bell and his fans?

This time you've gone too far.

You want to "shut down" U7 Radio now!?

I hate you, and I can't stand you.

You have shown your true colors - this is the last straw as far as I'm concerned.

Give up the nice guy act you piece of shit.

And fuck you!

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 01:06:09 PM
George Noory, I know you read this board:

Why do you constantly have to piss all over Art Bell and his fans?

This time you've gone too far.

You want to "shut down" U7 Radio now!?

I hate you, and I can't stand you.

You have shown your true colors - this is the last straw as far as I'm concerned.

Give up the nice guy act you piece of shit.

And fuck you!
Did Norry say he wanted to shut down that internet stream? When and what did he say? Why would he care except that it shows how patently bad he is in comparison. I do note how he always grunts when people mention Art and even harbors a lot of resentment towards JBW with that odd little speech about a mothership taking him away etc last week.
-GNS

George, if you want to woo Linda I suggest some deep album cuts.  Starting with this one from Joe Walsh.

I know being direct and putting in the extra effort are not your strong suits, but sometimes going the extra mile can pay off

Joe Walsh - I. L. B. T.'s

I'm with yuh man, don't say I didn't try to help you out

Nebraska888

I was just thinking how cool, smart, savvy, "with it", sensible, grown-up, direct, prepared, intellectual, MANLY, skilled, well-spoken, brave, stoic about himself (no whining), etc....etc.....KNAPP is.  Also, he has a VERY gorgeous wife and appears to have a rich and fun personal life.

And then, I was thinking how uncool, simple-minded, dense, nerdy, nonsensical, childish, indirect, totally unprepared, lacking in intellectual curiosity, sissified, unskilled, inarticulate, chicken shit, whiny baby, etc....etc.... NOORY is.  A man who sings Elvis Presley songs to middle age needy women.

Thanks for listening.

zeebo

Haha Neb ... I always picture that while Knapp is out dodging scorpions, rattlesnakes, and gov't agents on some all-nite area 51 stake-out, Noory's crooning oldies ballads in some comfy karaoke lounge. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 27, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
Haha Neb ... I always picture that while Knapp is out dodging scorpions, rattlesnakes, and gov't agents on some all-nite area 51 stake-out, Noory's crooning oldies ballads in some comfy karaoke lounge.

We can't make this stuff up!!!!!  How true!!!!!   ;)

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on February 27, 2015, 12:46:01 PM
A standard Noory shortcut he uses all the time.  Must be so annoying to people who've spent a whole career on multiple topics to have to trivialize it all down to one example.  It also kills the drama of the show since if they do manage to tell you their best story right off, where do you go from there?  I've heard him ask people this kind of question in the first 5 mins. of an interview, when he's still got 2 hrs. to fill with them.  As for LMH, jeez he's been talking to her for years, can't he figure out what's most interesting himself by now?

Very well said.   

Quote from: pate on February 27, 2015, 09:32:42 AM
Ah, the 1990s.  A turgid and throbbing time of music.  Example of such, you ask? 

Gladly:

The Mike Flowers Pops - Wonderwall

The darkness of the "bad years" behind all of us, we were free to carry the fight to the shining future...

Popular music wuz ded, y'see...

Turn that 9 upside down  :)

pyewacket

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2015, 01:13:38 AM
Will The Lady in Red make the playlist tonight? I would still love to hear Jorchie play a really crude song for Linda.  I'd love to hear her get really pissed off at Jorch.

Darn it...I missed the 80s. I know this is a late entry but I think it would creep LMH out to the max and gag her with a spoon.   :o

Obsession, Animotion