George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

pyewacket

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 27, 2015, 12:25:09 AM
George doesn't remember 'Don't fear the reaper'

I suppose we'll have to supply him with a musical fusion...

Blue Oyster Cult and Andy Williams- Moon River Reaper

Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash- I can't help Falling...Into a Ring of Fire

Or a little ditty for the Midwest crowd

Elvis Presley and Blue Oyster Cult- I can't Help Falling Into a Reaper

cowtown

Quote from: goldendeal on January 27, 2015, 02:58:01 AM
What the hell is gay deja vu?? Jorch just said, gay deja vu.

Snoory would define "gay deja vu" this way:  when he is being mounted by Two Ton Tommy he experiences "gay deja vu" as the "incredible" feeling he has been mounted before in the exact same way in the exact same mens room at the exact same 7-11 by Two Ton Tommy.

cowtown

Quote from: albrecht on January 27, 2015, 01:39:40 PM
Geez, as Norry might say, the sniper guest is really allowing Norry to go full ghoul in his questions and speculations about shooting children to the mental problems often faced by returning troops. And he handles things like PTSD and substance abuse with such non-nonchalance and quickly goes back to the subject that he clearly is interested in....the details of the killing and thoughts about killing children.
-GNS

Since Snoory's into the oldies, here's one from 35 years ago he ought to play regularly as "bumper music" on that index-card reading nonsense he calls a radio show: "I KILL CHILDREN" by the Dead Kennedys. I know Jello Biafra: had the DK's on my old radio show. Maybe I'll see if he'll call Snoory on the air and scream it into the phone. Snoory will probably get such a rise out of a song about killing children he'll insist Tommy mount him right there in the studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtqPlB-oC4w

pyewacket

Quote from: zeebo on January 27, 2015, 03:06:23 PM
Nailed it pyewacket!  This sums up all my ranting last nite. 

You've got this great, broad topic, involving cutting-edge technologies - AI/robotics/genetics/nanotech/etc - and how their interconnections meet to create possible new futures for humanity.  So many questions arise involving how these changes could affect our lives, future opportunities, medicine, religion, ethical issues, etc. 

With any average host the problem would be running out of time for all the various paths to explore.  With George, having done zero show prep as usual, and having zero curiosity about the topic, he was already fumbling around with generic filler questions within the first few minutes. 

I wish these guests would come back on with Knapp or Schrader (or Art obviously) - or anyone with half a brain and some respect for the topic who'll get off their lazy ass to maybe thumb through the guests' book for five minutes to get some decent questions.

(bateman ... if you read this, please consider having these guys on dark city sometime - they deserve better treatment than they got last nite with noory and has the makings of a good show)

I wish that someone would ask the type of questions you suggested above. Mine were negative because that seems to be the tone of C2C now. George could have asked about the potential these technologies offer stroke patients or paraplegics.

The dumb chicks on HSN and QVC would ask better questions while selling $600 blenders without missing a beat. :P

cowtown

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 09:41:46 AM
I simply cannot listen to George anymore!!! I've tried tuning into the show and as soon as I hear George- I shut it off. I blame PR for keeping him on the air.

How could transhumanism not be an interesting subject... let George conduct the interview. It reinforces the impression that George reads very little about these topics and only asks rudimentary, vague questions to hide it. There are many articles written about the affects of too many high tech devices on childhood development and why parents should not expose the very young to them. Another question could address the security problems with everything being connected- homes, accounts, medical files, and on and on. I don't think George could come up with any real questions if he fell into a pile of them. GNS!!!! Plus, I just read an article about bots that were given a bitcoin allowance to make purchases online and started buying illegal items. I'll try to find the link. What about the scientists who are alarmed about the dangers of computers becoming smarter than humans- how they are learning by social networks on the computer? GNS!!!

Most of the posters on this site say the exact same thing: they "cannot listen to George anymore", and yet they do, and complain daily on this site about what they hear coming out of the mentally deficient Noory's mouth. The consensus is that Noory is an uncurious, superficial philistine - a pinhead whose idea of show prep or "reading" is to read the same pre-prepared questions on the index cards handed him, and even that he does poorly.  Why would you, or anyone on this site have reasonable, least of all high expectations of a pinhead? Noory is interesting and even amusing in a pathetic sort of way, not as funny as Zippy, but he comes close.

wr250

Quote from: cowtown on January 27, 2015, 04:33:20 PM

Most of the posters on this site say the exact same thing: they "cannot listen to George anymore", and yet they do, and complain daily on this site about what they hear coming out of the mentally deficient Noory's mouth.

someone has to document the  suckage.

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on January 27, 2015, 04:35:37 PM
someone has to document the  suckage.

... lest future generations make the same mistakes.

cowtown

Quote from: zeebo on January 27, 2015, 04:45:49 PM
... lest future generations make the same mistakes.

Yow! Georgie Sez: It's absoluteely ahmazzing and increduble how those who do not read index cards about history are doomed to repeat it. Tell me, how did you get interested in mistakes and what is your favorite aspect of history? And where do you think all of this is going?  ;)

Tonight on "Coast-to-Coast AM:"

It's a Demons v. Angels cage match. 

Amateur theologians and Shi'ite Baptist callers from everywhere will mention and interpret badly the Book of Revelations.

Wednesday night, mean babies challenge adult humans to an instantaneously combustible stare-down.

albrecht

Only Norry can make things like sniper war-time activities and AI and transhumanism boring. On the plus side we got a new version of Norry's patented question "how do you do what you do" last night when he asked the infantile question, late into the program after such things were already discussed: "So, uh, when we will get the point where a computer will do what it does?"

He also fascinated by "smartphones." Sure pretty amazing that we can carry in our pocket such a powerful computer but THAT's the comment with regard to transhumanism and singularity? He makes the comment about it on EVERY show remotely associated with technology ("usually commenting that we have more firepower on our smartphones than the computers used to go to the moon" :o

Here's an interesting technological fact I found today while doing a little research:

George Noory has less brain-power than the freeze-dried carrots taken to the moon by the Apollo astronauts.

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 03:29:51 PM
I suppose we'll have to supply him with a musical fusion...

Blue Oyster Cult and Andy Williams- Moon River Reaper

Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash- I can't help Falling...Into a Ring of Fire

Or a little ditty for the Midwest crowd

Elvis Presley and Blue Oyster Cult- I can't Help Falling Into a Reaper

Those are pretty good! How about Don't Fear the Creeper  - He can play it when Linda Moulton Howe is on.

cowtown

Quote from: albrecht on January 27, 2015, 05:25:37 PM
He also fascinated by "smartphones." Sure pretty amazing that we can carry in our pocket such a powerful computer but THAT's the comment with regard to transhumanism and singularity? He makes the comment about it on EVERY show remotely associated with technology ("usually commenting that we have more firepower on our smartphones than the computers used to go to the moon" :o

Too bad Snoory isn't as faschinaated by "smartradiohosts".

Has anyone considered the possibility Snoory is actually a time traveler from the 26th century depicted in "Idiocracy"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPGlVqqEP0

cowtown

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 27, 2015, 05:44:49 PM
Those are pretty good! How about Don't Fear the Creeper  - He can play it when Linda Moulton Howe is on.

Georgie ALWAYS - heh heh heh - "plays with it live" when Linda Moulton Howe is on.

ItsOver

Good one!  Along with "Lady in Dread."

The theme from "Rawhide" should also be Linda Molting Cow's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KPplYp7K7M

I could listen to that until the mutilated cows come home.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 27, 2015, 05:58:18 PM
The theme from "Rawhide" should also be Linda Molting Cow's theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KPplYp7K7M

I could listen to that until the mutilated cows come home.

New words:

"There's things on cattle missin'
My ass George Noory's kissin.'

"Soon, I'll be readin' monotone."

pyewacket

Like it! I get the feeling he does creep her out.

How about Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car - by Billie Ocean

"Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car"

Hey (hey) you (you), get into my car
Who me?
Yes you, get into my car
Wooooooooooooooh. Wah! Yeah!

Who's that lady
Coming down the road
Who's that lady
Who's that woman
Walking through my door
What's the score
I'll be the sun
Shining on you
Hey Cinderella
Step in your shoe
I'll be your non-stop lover
Get it while you can
Your non-stop miracle
I'm your man

Get outta my dreams
Get into my car
Get outta my dreams
Get in the back seat baby
Get into my car
Beep beep, yeah
Get outta my mind
Get into my life
Oooooooooh
Oh I said hey (Hey) you (You)
Get into my car

Oh baby

Lady driver
Let me take your wheel
Smooth operator
Touch my bumper (Bumper)
Hey, let's make a deal
Make it real
Like a road runner
Coming after you
Just like a hero
Outta the blue
Get it while you can
Your non-stop miracle
I'm your man

Get outta my dreams
Get into my car
Get outta my dreams
Get into my car
Beep beep, yeah
Get outta my mind
Get into my life
Oooooooooh
Get into my car

Oh baby, let's go

I said open the door
(Get in the back)
Tread on the floor
(Get on the track)

Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah)
Yeah (Yeah) Yeah (Yeah)
Let's go

Oh baby
Ooooh, woooow, yeah

I'll be the sun
Shining on you
Hey Cinderella
Step in your shoe
Get it while you can
Your non-stop miracle
I'm your man

Get outta my... Get outta my...
Get outta my dreams
Get into my car
Get outta my dreams
Get into my car
Beep beep, yeah
Get outta my mind
Get into my life
Oooooooooh
Get into my, hey (Hey) you (You)
Get into my, hey (Hey) you (You)
Get into my car 

Might make her more queasy and nauseated than the cattle mutilations. 

cowtown

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

Yeecch. Was it really necessary to copy and paste all the lyrics of that schlock crap? A YouTube link would have sufficed. Our crap quota will be met sufficiently later on with Snoory.

pyewacket

Quote from: cowtown on January 27, 2015, 06:29:59 PM
[/font]

Yeecch. Was it really necessary to cut and paste all the lyrics of that schlock crap? A YouTube link would have sufficed. Our crap quota will be sufficiently filled later on with Snoory.

So sorry to annoy you- would you have bothered to watch the video or just scroll past it like many do when people post stuff they don't want to read without bothering to comment about it.

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

"Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car"

Might make her more queasy and nauseated than the cattle mutilations.

I'm pretty sure that was an 80s movie with Corey Haim and Corey Feldman in it too.
[attachimg=1]

cowtown

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 06:34:55 PM
So sorry to annoy you- would you have bothered to watch the video or just scroll past it like many do when people post stuff they don't want to read without bothering to comment about it.

Not "annoyed", just discerning.

"when people post stuff they don't want to read without bothering to comment about it" is a real Snooryism. Sounds like you've been listening to too much George Noory.  ;)

cowtown

Here are a couple of snappy numbers that are just George's speed he can play when Linda Moulton Howl is on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUJg5RfC2D0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcL5rz1V6dU

cowtown

Snoory will be reading prepared index card questions tonight about "angels" and "demons". What a refreshing change of pace.

Incrudibull.

Quote from: cowtown on January 27, 2015, 08:06:56 PM
Snoory will be reading prepared index card questions tonight about "angels" and "demons". What a refreshing change of pace.

Incrudibull.

Shaddup, and eat your demons.

wr250

Quote from: cowtown on January 27, 2015, 08:06:56 PM

Incrudibull.

and portals, cant forget them