• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

yumyumtree

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 22, 2014, 12:34:23 PM
Shit floats.  Every now and then one of the true predators will flush the toilet, when it suits their purpose.  Dames got flushed.
Thanks for the plain- speaking.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Immy on October 22, 2014, 11:17:30 PM
Bwahahahahaha!!

According to brainiac Jorch, the latest White House fence jumper was brought down by a "canine dog".  :o

Much worse than those feline dogs.  ;D

You caught this too!

Beyond Bleef

Quote from: yumyumtree on October 23, 2014, 01:37:19 PM
I haven't read all of the posts yet, and somebody else probably caught this, but George referenced a "K-9 dog" when talking about the latest White house fence jumper incident, but it sounded like "canine dog", which made him sound like a ninny.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may have been referring to a police dog.  But saying "K9 dog" is an act of high ninniness since "K9" is nothing more than a common abbreviation for "canine" and it applies to all dogs not just dogs that are part of a police department's K9 program. 

yumyumtree

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 22, 2014, 11:18:12 PM
Snoory forgot to mention that John Coleman was forced out of his position at The Weather Channel, and apparently doesn't have a degree in meteorology or climatology.

I don't follow the conservative party line on climate change--I'm still undecided because it's a complex subject. But interchanging "climatologist" and "meteorologist" makes me crazy.  Mark Levin has a  fill-in, I can't remember his name, who thinks he's an expert on climate change because he was a weatherman and reminds people of it every 30 seconds.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Beyond Bleef on October 23, 2014, 01:54:41 PM
Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may have been referring to a police dog.  But saying "K9 dog" is an act of high ninniness since "K9" is nothing more than a common abbreviation for "canine" and it applies to all dogs not just dogs that are part of a police department's K9 program.
To me, it's an example of forgetting how you sound, which is of utmost importance on radio, versus what you may have meant, or what a  print word or picture looks like.  It seems like something a beginner might do.  Also some hosts would have corrected themselves after realizing how it sounded.

yumyumtree

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 23, 2014, 12:19:39 AM
Well, the fact is Jones, I believe, is still in his 30's.

Jones was born in 1970, so he's getting up there.
But the analogy I liked best was from a poster on this forum who compared them to bitchy, gossipy, jealous old women who have something nasty to say about every neighbor.

And the amount of mutual fawning with these two is horrible.  "Bulldog"? "New media"? Don't forget how Jones tried to compare himself to Andrew Breitbart when Breitbart was dead(but just barely)

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 10:45:59 AM
I liked him at first, too, and was beginning to wonder if I'd just imagined he was much better when he started...

I've never been able to listen to the whole show every single night, so it took awhile for me to realize his lack of interest, his interruptions, his cue card questioning, his lack of knowledge of the world around him, his ineptness with the English language, and all the rest, were recurring and not just one-time mistakes.

There were several guests who were especially interesting to me that were on within a short time period.  With each of them he asked questions they'd just covered.  With each of them he let them spend several minutes building up to an interesting point, then cut them off to go to the phones, never to return to what they had been talking about. 

Thinking he gave a shit, I even sent him an email of constructive criticism, pointing out that he had done these things and suggesting how he could improve the show by not doing them.  I got a nasty uncalled for email back.  So he's lying when he says he wants to improve.  He's lying when he says he wants feedback.  He's lying when he says he doesn't send out nasty emails unless he receives one.

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2014, 02:46:30 PM
.... I got a nasty uncalled for email back.  So he's lying when he says he wants to improve.  He's lying when he says he wants feedback.  He's lying when he says he doesn't send out nasty emails unless he receives one.

This sucks.  But I wonder, if not for this sour note, a symphony of Jorch's Eye Pad installments might never have been.   ;D

Quote from: zeebo on October 23, 2014, 02:59:01 PM
This sucks.  But I wonder, if not for this sour note, a symphony of Jorch's Eye Pad installments might never have been.   ;D

Heh, you might be onto something there.

; )

Morgus

Quote from: Nick el Ass on October 23, 2014, 03:15:58 AM
I tuned in to hear the last hour of the show out of boredom, and heard George proclaim tomorrow as the day for his second annual Coast is Toast Am dead peoples program (later called the memorial show). Then made sure that everyone knew that he would be there just to introduce people... while managing to sound completely destroyed in the process. This should be classic.

At times it sure sounds like George doesn't even want to be there.
Yep tonight is another of Noory's "Dearly Departed" shows that feature lots of old clips of portions of past old interviews with c2cam guests that have died.
Gives Noory plenty of time to goof off and take naps during the show and no pesky "research" required...  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 23, 2014, 03:35:31 PM
Yep tonight is another of Noory's "Dearly Departed" shows that feature lots of old clips of portions of past old interviews with c2cam guests that have died....

So in other words, George will have about the same level of interaction with tonight's guests as he does every other night.

wr250

Quote from: Morgus on October 23, 2014, 03:35:31 PM
Yep tonight is another of Noory's "Dearly Departed" shows that feature lots of old clips of portions of past old interviews with c2cam guests that have died.
Gives Noory plenty of time to goof off and take naps during the show and no pesky "research" required...  8)
and do shots to "i drink alone"

3OctaveFart

Did anyone hear Jorch tell the story the other night of how he "accidentally" shaved off half his mustache?

albrecht

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on October 23, 2014, 05:13:31 PM
Did anyone hear Jorch tell the story the other night of how he "accidentally" shaved off half his mustache?
From experience years ago...that only happens when you are drunk and brushing teeth before hitting the sack think you need a trim or haircut with your trimmer. Norry mentioned the other night with Alex show that he was at a bar, In back "where I usually go" I think at airport and met a couple from Austin. I think he's a drinker and one who goes for the "extra shot" ("wtf, its only a buck") that airport bars used to offer. This still doesn't explain his interviewing skills, fascination with mean babies, ouija boards, etc. But explains pizza role and mustache incidents.

washere

He said the shaver looked o.k. from the outside but inside it was not working o.k. and suddenly just took off half his tache, he said that's my trademark. Just like it was the fault of pizza rolls, cold on the outside but scorching hot inside. Not George's fault or clumsiness.

Nebraska888

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on October 23, 2014, 05:13:31 PM

Yes.......and WHY would he admit to it?????   ???

Tonight's show indicates how desperate the C2C producers have become, and how the guest pool is shrinking. They can't find new guests, former guests (excluding the huxsters) are starting to realize that to be interviewed by Snoorge makes a mockery of their subject, so the producers must resort to a show about guests that used to be on. this is so silly it's laughable. the only thing left in the slow death of C2C is to put up a tombstone.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 23, 2014, 09:06:22 PM
   Razors are tricky muthas...

Reminds me of a pic of Reagan made after he had emergency surgery to drain fluid from his brain about eight months or so after he had left office.

WOTR

Quote from: pyewacket on October 23, 2014, 08:33:05 AM
I only caught a little bit of the second guest. I'm not sure if I heard this right, so please correct me if I got it wrong. Did George say something like, " My spirit guide tells me your father's name is Mark"? He said this out of the blue while he was introducing her and she paused, like she was unsure of how to answer and then said, "Yes." I thought it was strange, has George talked about his spirit guide before or is this something new?
The last time I recall this was a year or two back when he claimed to know what a caller did as an occupation through intuition (or, possibly, a spirit guide?)  When he guessed correctly, the lady actually called him on it and said that she had just told the screener what she did.  George got flustered and claimed that information was not passed onto him.

It could be that the pause you say happened was because it was something that George should have known but was suddenly claiming to have discovered through a spirit guide. The caller may have been taken aback that he would claim that information came from a spirit guide and not Tommy.

136 or 142

George Noory said "Since the start of the program about 65 guests have died."  Actually George, they all die a little when they appear on your show.

Quote from: wotr1 on October 23, 2014, 11:00:00 PM
The last time I recall this was a year or two back when he claimed to know what a caller did as an occupation through intuition (or, possibly, a spirit guide?)  When he guessed correctly, the lady actually called him on it and said that she had just told the screener what she did.  George got flustered and claimed that information was not passed onto him...

You mean... this?

George Noory SUCKS

Juan Cena

"Why do people have to die?"
Snorge is now asking questions a four year-old would ask?

ZHero

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 23, 2014, 11:27:24 PM

"Mommy, what color is green?"
"Daddy, why do dogs pee?"
"Tommy, why you so fat?"
"Lisa, what does it mean when everyone say I suck?"
George, you ask all the hard hitting questions!

NoMoreNoory

George gets into it with the first of his dear departed. Roll old interview.
George: How are yeewwww?
And how many of us, as NMN did, chorused back 'I'm dead!'?

136 or 142

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 23, 2014, 11:27:24 PM

So they don't have to listen to George anymore.

I found a picture of George Noory's Hawaiian girlfriend.

Juan Cena

Quote from: ZHero on October 24, 2014, 12:25:46 AM
"Mommy, what color is green?"
"Daddy, why do dogs pee?"
"Tommy, why you so fat?"
"Lisa, what does it mean when everyone say I suck?"
George, you ask all the hard hitting questions!

"Mommee, why is this pizza roll burning my mouth?"
"Daddee, why don't the pweddy wemen in the magazines in your nightstand have any clothes on?"
"Mommee, why won't Richard C Hogland come over and play with me any more?"