• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Azzerae on July 27, 2014, 03:48:02 PM
Hey Georgie For President 2216!

I was just listening to that part for a laugh, before I switched off Coast and got back to work, I was thinking the exact same thing! My jaw was hanging open a little by how oblivious George is to the fact that he fucks up time and time again.

Such valid points. Thank you! :-)

Thank you for the validation of my comments Azzerae.  You just blew my mind  :D.  And may I say that I was impressed with how much you were able to get your 'toons to resemble Noory.  You may give Paperboy a run for his money.

Quote from: wr250 on July 27, 2014, 07:05:05 PM
coming up starting monday:
palmistry
spiritual warfare/voodoo
sleep science
TBA see-krut door ?
wicca w/lady shadow.

looks like a week of super suck

Maybe every show should be called sleep science.

wr250

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 07:12:02 PM

well the snooron certainly aids in my sleepiness

Scully

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
After seeing the repugnant nature of Mike Bara through his blogs and those of debunkers from Bell Gab, I thought I would listen to his interview again to see if I could link that, let's say new-agey, voice to the vile persona on the internet.  I didn't listen much the first time around having been put off by the abuse of the title 'engineer' in his introduction and the content of the first few minutes.

In the process I came across this little gem.  Sorry it's a little difficult to read.  I thought I would give everyone who no longer listens the full pleasure of the Noory experience.

[Bara talking about being interviewed]

George Noory:  You know what?  A good interview is when you listen.  Larry King told me that... a long time ago.

Bara:  [sounding incredulous] Eeoohhh

Noory:  He said, uh, you know, listen.  (You know) and I... and.. (you know) sometimes (you know) you stumble into someone or you jump on somebody's sentence.

So (you know) one of the most difficult things about a radio interview, Mike, is... just when you think they've stopped talking, and you don't want to have a lot of dead air on the air?  (You) so you're ready to... you jump in?  (That) They pick up again!  and that's... that's the frustrating part of an interview.  (Nd you know) and some people think 'oh you interrupted him.'  No I didn't interrupt him he stopped!  And then I started but he started again.  So, you know, it sounds that way.

Bara:  [jokingly] Well, see, the problem when you're doing a show with a guy like me is that (uh, you know) occasionally I do stop to breath... and... and that's always a problem.

Noory:  [jokingly] Not very often.  Not very often.  There have been times you've been on the air with me, I have left and gone to the restroom and came back twenty minutes later.  Nd you were still talking.

Bara:  [serious] You know...

Noory:  I'm kidding, I'm kidding

Bara:  [continuing thought] I know that you've done that.  I actually know that you have done that.  I've heard that you have done that and I know it's not with me.

Noory:  That's a joke...

Yes George, you do need to listen.  But you need to listen for content, not for cues.  I think that is the biggest bash against Noory here on the forums.  He doesn't seem to listen to content and doesn't seem able to anticipate or notice when a story has been building to a climax it has yet to reach.  If Noory could just help the interviewee build a narrative, rather than breaking it up with miscellaneous cue-card thoughts and questions, it would be much easier for him and us to follow along.  I hate to say it, but Bara makes a good point when he says sometimes the guest/caller is just pausing for breath.
>

Thank you for chronicling this exchange so well, GFP.  I was too lazy to post about it myself, but loved hearing Jorch explaining why he so inappropriately interrupts people so regularly. I've often wondered who brainwashed him against leaving one second of dead air. As you say, he's just listening for sound rather than meaning. GNS

ItsOver

palmistry
spiritual warfare/voodoo
sleep science
TBA see-krut door ?
wicca w/lady shadow.

About the only good thing I can say about this week's suck fest is at least it doesn't include the numbers lady.  Unless she ends up as the Thursday filler if Snooron can't drag out Fanthorpe.  Speaking of blow-hards, is Noory slowly trying to dump Hoagland?  It seems like he used to be on a lot more often, even for random commentary.  I don't listen much so maybe I've just missed some times RCH has popped in.

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2014, 10:05:56 PM
About the only good thing I can say about this week's suck fest is at least it doesn't include the numbers lady.  Unless she ends up as the Thursday filler if Snooron can't drag out Fanthorpe.  Speeking of blow-hards, is Noory slowly trying to dump Hoagland?  It seems like he used to be on a lot more often, even for random commentary.  I don't listen much so maybe I've just missed some times RCH has popped in.

I sense a dump.. Things have been stressed since dark matter...

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 27, 2014, 10:08:41 PM
I sense a dump.. Things have been stressed since dark matter...
That's my take.  Oh, well, I assume Hoagie still has his Accutron to play with to while away the time. :))

Quote from: Scully on July 27, 2014, 09:03:47 PM
Thank you for chronicling this exchange so well, GFP.  I was too lazy to post about it myself, but loved hearing Jorch explaining why he so inappropriately interrupts people so regularly. I've often wondered who brainwashed him against leaving one second of dead air. As you say, he's just listening for sound rather than meaning. GNS

Thanks Scully.  Re-reading it I wish I had cleaned it up a bit.  It's pretty hard to follow in text format.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 07:12:02 PM

Putting people to sleep is something George knows well.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2014, 10:12:26 PM
That's my take.  Oh, well, I assume Hoagie still has his Accutron to play with to while away the time. :))

Is that his torsion-field detection gizmo?  The data's out there, just look at the data.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 07:10:27 PM
Thank you for the validation of my comments Azzerae.  You just blew my mind  :D.  And may I say that I was impressed with how much you were able to get your 'toons to resemble Noory.  You may give Paperboy a run for his money.

Ah I'm glad you liked 'em, 2216-- I'm going to draw some more... but I don't want to have to put up with listening to Noory for material!

expat

Quote from: zeebo on July 28, 2014, 12:46:21 AM
Is that his torsion-field detection gizmo?  The data's out there, just look at the data.

Data my ass! No baselines, no controls, no discipline over which way the bloody thing is pointing. His maximum "readings" were from Tikal, at a time when no eclipse or transit was occurring.

At least the Inaccutron "experiments" provided
this comedy video, as Hoagland & Falkov were thrown out of Chichen Itza. You need a permit to conduct experiments on historic sites. Hoagland doesn't understand that, in Mexico, permits look just like 100 peso banknotes.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on July 28, 2014, 12:46:21 AM
:D
19.5, my friend. 19.5.  I kind of miss the lunatic.  Maybe he's playing with his whiz-bang super duper torsion field detector in Jorch's St. Louie cave.  I hope he doesn't trip over all the bat guano.

kf5iwe

YAY George is back for a brand new week!!! said no one ever. And be careful of Thursday, Major Ed let slip on FB that he is going to be on soon, no date just soon

bateman

QuoteStudent Trends/ Palmistry
Mon 07-28
First Half: For the past 30 years, Peter Mathews has been a college professor and has seen first hand the changes in the student body over the decades. He'll discuss how the first generation of college students raised with the Internet is different from previous generations, and how they are coping with soaring tuition costs and much lower starting salaries.

2nd Half: Founder of the Palmistry Institute in LA, Vernon Mahabal, combines astrology with palmistry to predict trends for the United States based on repeated patterns he sees in the thousands of palms he reads. He'll share some of the trends such as a huge rise in entrepreneurial pursuits and small business, as well as a heightened awareness of our connection with Earth.

Morgus

palmistry
spiritual warfare/voodoo
sleep science
TBA see-krut door ?
wicca w/lady shadow.

yep El Norro has another super-duper sucky week planned even with a TBA night.
its appropriate he has a guest on one night to discuss "sleep science" since he has the special ability to put nearly anyone asleep in minutes...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 28, 2014, 07:48:28 PM
yep El Norro has another super-duper sucky week planned even with a TBA night.
its appropriate he has a guest on one night to discuss "sleep science" since he has the special ability to put nearly anyone asleep in minutes...
A week of supreme suckage to be topped-off with Super Suck Sunday!

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on July 28, 2014, 09:03:41 PM
A week of supreme suckage to be topped-off with Super Suck Sunday!

is he still doing submerging artists? i cant stay awake that long, puts me right to sleep.

ItsOver

Quote from: wr250 on July 28, 2014, 09:04:51 PM
is he still doing submerging artists? i cant stay awake that long, puts me right to sleep.
Of course!  Jorch must be tone deaf or playing Bubble Witch when the submergers are played.  Can turkey sandwiches cause deafness or just give you bad taste in music?

yumyumtree

How many years, now, has George been saying "Something's wrong with people " or something to that effect?

George, Eyes Wide Shut was one of Tom Cruise's worse major movies, and it's a shame that Kubrick had to go out on it instead of AI. It was not a documentary, and everybody but you has forgotten it.

I have noticed Hoagland conspicuous in his absence too. There have been a lot of topics he would have had Hoagland weigh in on at one time and now he gets someone else or lets it pass.

This current guest sounded good in the show description but now that Ive tuned in, he just sounds like another hack.

NoMoreNoory

Check out the Coast Insiders Gallery on the C2C website. That fun little club. All five of them!

zeebo

I just love turning on c2c, to escape all the smug political pontificating that's on all day, to hear, um .. never mind.

Mike.

Has the first guy spoken at all about trends in education? Other then to say its expensive. Next, liberal this, loves Marx that, hates the Citizens United and Hobby Lobby SCOTUS decisions. But hey, his 20k Prius really cost 40k to make, because government is the best innovator and investor of capital.

zeebo

Quote from: Mike. on July 29, 2014, 12:09:47 AM
....government is the best innovator and investor of capital.

Yep now I understand capitalism.  Business is mean.  Gov't is nice.  It's so simple.   ::)

NoMoreNoory

"Are we going to be straddled with these major conflicts for years to come?"
Try saddled, moron.

George happens to prefer straddled to saddled

zeebo

This guy's upset that corporations buy political influence, I guess because they're the only group that does that.

Also he doesn't seem to mind using these sinister corporations like Barnes & Noble to push his book.

zeebo

Incisive question of the night from Noory:

"Let's make a bet.  Are we gonna whittle our way out of this mess, or not?"