Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2014, 09:41:22 AM
Kind of like creeper "Jorgo?"

[attachimg=1]

OMG.......so damned funny!   ;D  ;D  ;D

[attachimg=1]

I like your Jorgo pic so much I'm going to give some avatar time.  If you have any objections or want royalties, let me know and I will remove it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 12:14:07 PM
I like your Jorgo pic so much I'm going to give some avatar time.  If you have any objections or want royalties, let me know and I will remove it.

Hahaha, enjoy, RGG.  Please send all royalties to MV.  ;)

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2014, 12:24:49 PM
Hahaha, enjoy, RGG.  Please send all royalties to MV.  ;)

Thanks, IO! IOU1  :D

I'll mail that royalty check as soon as GN wins a Pulitzer.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 12:41:55 PM
... I'll mail that royalty check as soon as GN wins a Pulitzer.

Jorgo was disappointed he didn't get one for his cookbook.

[attachimg=1]

...then you ask, "why are his thighs bulging out weirdly like that?"

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 25, 2014, 12:41:55 PM
Thanks, IO! IOU1  :D

I'll mail that royalty check as soon as GN wins a Pulitzer.
My pleasure.  Sounds like $ in the bank for MV. :)

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2014, 01:38:53 PM
My pleasure.  Sounds like $ in the bank for MV. :)

Good news after that hit he took on those ill-fated carnivora/dinovite/turmeric smoothies.

Nick el Ass

[attachimg=1]

Very good. That is precisely what I imagined, hahahaha.

Morgus

Noory last week again told his story of as a kid he would dress up in a Zorro costume and terrorize his local neighborhood.

"El Norro"

Quote from: Morgus on July 25, 2014, 02:45:33 PM
Noory last week again told his story of as a kid he would dress up in a Zorro costume and terrorize his local neighborhood.

"El Norro"

He tells that story over and over.

I was listening to bell and Lloyd pye interview, a guest got upset Art kept interrupting pye. That man would have a stoke listening to Noory.
Oh wait, he probably doesn't as Jorch lost 7 million listners. That's right 70% less listners than Art's heydey.

EarthAlien007

"El Norro"

Wonder if he still dresses like that when he terrorizes us on the radio.

zeebo

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on July 26, 2014, 09:33:34 AM
Wonder if he still dresses like that when he terrorizes us on the radio.

Yep same look, but he's got a turkee sammich speared on the sword.

wr250

"El Norro"

a slightly altered "el norro"
[attachimg=1]

zeebo

Morgus

Maybe Tommy could dress up as El Norro's faithful sidekick?

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on July 26, 2014, 04:12:39 PM
Or as Sgt. Demetrio Lopez Garcia
YES!! ;D He would be perfect in that costume and somehow I think he also likes to drink and eat a lot and is a buffoon.

Lorne Malvo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on July 24, 2014, 11:29:34 PM
'My God, I've never seen a planet so upside down in all my life. What's going on?'
Sumpin parrerful

Morgus

Quote from: Juan on July 26, 2014, 04:12:39 PM
Or as Sgt. Demetrio Lopez Garcia

Ah yes, somebody needs to put Tommy's face on his body:

pate

Rarely have I sneezed my adult beverage into my eye whuile taking a sip, abn this is another instance...

edit:  I forgot this, not sure how it relates, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTE2CYpzE8c

Maybe Jorge is the evil of the past year that we try to forget...

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 27, 2014, 12:36:36 AM
Ah yes, somebody needs to put Tommy's face on his body:

How about Sgt. Garcia's face on Ms. Tommy's body, so to speak.  Looks like another wild night for El Znorro.

[attachimg=1]

After seeing the repugnant nature of Mike Bara through his blogs and those of debunkers from Bell Gab, I thought I would listen to his interview again to see if I could link that, let's say new-agey, voice to the vile persona on the internet.  I didn't listen much the first time around having been put off by the abuse of the title 'engineer' in his introduction and the content of the first few minutes.

In the process I came across this little gem.  Sorry it's a little difficult to read.  I thought I would give everyone who no longer listens the full pleasure of the Noory experience.

[Bara talking about being interviewed]

George Noory:  You know what?  A good interview is when you listen.  Larry King told me that... a long time ago.

Bara:  [sounding incredulous] Eeoohhh

Noory:  He said, uh, you know, listen.  (You know) and I... and.. (you know) sometimes (you know) you stumble into someone or you jump on somebody's sentence.

So (you know) one of the most difficult things about a radio interview, Mike, is... just when you think they've stopped talking, and you don't want to have a lot of dead air on the air?  (You) so you're ready to... you jump in?  (That) They pick up again!  and that's... that's the frustrating part of an interview.  (Nd you know) and some people think 'oh you interrupted him.'  No I didn't interrupt him he stopped!  And then I started but he started again.  So, you know, it sounds that way.

Bara:  [jokingly] Well, see, the problem when you're doing a show with a guy like me is that (uh, you know) occasionally I do stop to breath... and... and that's always a problem.

Noory:  [jokingly] Not very often.  Not very often.  There have been times you've been on the air with me, I have left and gone to the restroom and came back twenty minutes later.  Nd you were still talking.

Bara:  [serious] You know...

Noory:  I'm kidding, I'm kidding

Bara:  [continuing thought] I know that you've done that.  I actually know that you have done that.  I've heard that you have done that and I know it's not with me.

Noory:  That's a joke...

Yes George, you do need to listen.  But you need to listen for content, not for cues.  I think that is the biggest bash against Noory here on the forums.  He doesn't seem to listen to content and doesn't seem able to anticipate or notice when a story has been building to a climax it has yet to reach.  If Noory could just help the interviewee build a narrative, rather than breaking it up with miscellaneous cue-card thoughts and questions, it would be much easier for him and us to follow along.  I hate to say it, but Bara makes a good point when he says sometimes the guest/caller is just pausing for breath

Morgus

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
George Noory:  You know what?  A good interview is when you listen.  Larry King told me that... a long time ago.
its a shame El Norro didn't ever learn from that advice from Larry King...  8)

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on July 27, 2014, 09:42:50 AM
How about Sgt. Garcia's face on Ms. Tommy's body, so to speak.  Looks like another wild night for El Znorro.

Excellent - El Norro and his date  ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 27, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
After seeing the repugnant nature of Mike Bara through his blogs and those of debunkers from Bell Gab, I thought I would listen to his interview again to see if I could link that, let's say new-agey, voice to the vile persona on the internet.  I didn't listen much the first time around having been put off by the abuse of the title 'engineer' in his introduction and the content of the first few minutes.

In the process I came across this little gem.  Sorry it's a little difficult to read.  I thought I would give everyone who no longer listens the full pleasure of the Noory experience.

[Bara talking about being interviewed]

Bara:  [sounding incredulous] Eeoohhh

Noory:  He said, uh, you know, listen.  (You know) and I... and.. (you know) sometimes (you know) you stumble into someone or you jump on somebody's sentence.

So (you know) one of the most difficult things about a radio interview, Mike, is... just when you think they've stopped talking, and you don't want to have a lot of dead air on the air?  (You) so you're ready to... you jump in?  (That) They pick up again!  and that's... that's the frustrating part of an interview.  (Nd you know) and some people think 'oh you interrupted him.'  No I didn't interrupt him he stopped!  And then I started but he started again.  So, you know, it sounds that way.

Bara:  [jokingly] Well, see, the problem when you're doing a show with a guy like me is that (uh, you know) occasionally I do stop to breath... and... and that's always a problem.

Noory:  [jokingly] Not very often.  Not very often.  There have been times you've been on the air with me, I have left and gone to the restroom and came back twenty minutes later.  Nd you were still talking.

Bara:  [serious] You know...

Noory:  I'm kidding, I'm kidding

Bara:  [continuing thought] I know that you've done that.  I actually know that you have done that.  I've heard that you have done that and I know it's not with me.

Noory:  That's a joke...

Yes George, you do need to listen.  But you need to listen for content, not for cues.  I think that is the biggest bash against Noory here on the forums.  He doesn't seem to listen to content and doesn't seem able to anticipate or notice when a story has been building to a climax it has yet to reach.  If Noory could just help the interviewee build a narrative, rather than breaking it up with miscellaneous cue-card thoughts and questions, it would be much easier for him and us to follow along.  I hate to say it, but Bara makes a good point when he says sometimes the guest/caller is just pausing for breath.
>

Hey Georgie For President 2216!

I was just listening to that part for a laugh, before I switched off Coast and got back to work, I was thinking the exact same thing! My jaw was hanging open a little by how oblivious George is to the fact that he fucks up time and time again.

Such valid points. Thank you! :-)

wr250

coming up starting monday:
palmistry
spiritual warfare/voodoo
sleep science
TBA see-krut door ?
wicca w/lady shadow.

looks like a week of super suck