• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
This is one of those "no thanks to George" guests...he's really interesting and tells a ripping old style coast yarn.  Puts Whitley Streiber to absolute shame.

WOTR

Quote from: castimout on May 20, 2013, 08:50:16 PM
first time poster----anywhere---- without yet reading "how to", but i hope to get help when i mess up.
my urgent idea is for art bell to start a good news show.  you know, upbeat and fun along with all we learn from his interviews.  stamp out coast to coast and noory--who sucks!
If you mean this is your first time posting on any forum then I should welcome you to not only the board, but the internet.  You have chosen a very interesting forum to post on (pretty much unmoderated.)  Having said that, most of the posters do not bite (at least not hard...)

It would be nice if Bell (or pretty much anybody) came in and stomped the present Coast into the dirt.  The level of the show has now fallen to the point where you almost have to wonder if dead air would not be a better option.  I recall being young and the television stations would actually sign off and broadcast static for 5 or 6 hours.  Sad when I long for the static of my youth over the present day offerings of late night radio (and I assume, television.  Although I have not had television for quite a number of years.)

WOTR

Quote from: Étouffée on May 21, 2013, 01:25:58 AM
This is one of those "no thanks to George" guests...he's really interesting and tells a ripping old style coast yarn.  Puts Whitley Streiber to absolute shame.
Are you really telling me I should turn it back on?  I have actually silenced it every night for the last week before the host even announces themselves aside from the night with Ian, and Saturday when Knapp hosted.  If there is a guest worth listening to I can bet that the Nooron is trying his damnedest to scale back the level of general intelligence and dumb it down for us morons.

Did anybody else catch Knapp on Saturday saying that he did not think that Noory mispronounced is name on purpose?  A caller said he thought that it was sometimes funny and Knapp pretty much said that George is too stupid to even get a pronunciation of his name correct (alright- I read a lot into it- but he did say that it was a mistake on Noories part and that he was not doing it purposely...)

Quote from: WOTR on May 21, 2013, 01:51:55 AM
Are you really telling me I should turn it back on?  I have actually silenced it every night for the last week before the host even announces themselves aside from the night with Ian, and Saturday when Knapp hosted.  If there is a guest worth listening to I can bet that the Nooron is trying his damnedest to scale back the level of general intelligence and dumb it down for us morons.

Did anybody else catch Knapp on Saturday saying that he did not think that Noory mispronounced is name on purpose?  A caller said he thought that it was sometimes funny and Knapp pretty much said that George is too stupid to even get a pronunciation of his name correct (alright- I read a lot into it- but he did say that it was a mistake on Noories part and that he was not doing it purposely...)

Yes, this guy is really interesting and for the most part George is letting him talk (apart from the odd irrelevant question breaking the rhythm of his stories).  Unfortunately we're about to go into open lines so I'm sure George will be his usual bureaucratic self when that happens.

I did catch when the caller commented on GN saying 'Knappy' and wondered the same thing about Knapps thoughts on Noory's ability to enunciate.

I wonder how it's going over at GaiamTV, whether they've figured out nobody is going to pay for that dreck.

Morgus

An annoying caller kept saying "I guess" and "you know" while trying to ask a bunch of questions for the guest.

ziznak

I heard the "knappy" call it had me rollin.  I'm ashamed to admit... but after about a week and a half (something like that) after last night I am no longer noory free again... I've fallen off the pizza roll truck again...

b_dubb

what sort of opportunistic nonsense has Nooron and his team of ghouls committed to cash in on the catastrophe in Kansas? noorons internal monologue: " how can I use this to further my shitty existence?"

expat

Yes, it's quite surprising that Mike Bara has not (yet) proclaimed that this disaster vindicates something he wrote in his latest trash book. That's what he did with Sandy Hook, after all.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 21, 2013, 02:00:28 AM
I wonder how it's going over at GaiamTV, whether they've figured out nobody is going to pay for that dreck.
What about that Coast welfare program. Has it been initiated yet? Can't forget about the comedy gold genius of it, at least I can't.

Morgus

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 21, 2013, 03:17:22 PM
What about that Coast welfare program. Has it been initiated yet? Can't forget about the comedy gold genius of it, at least I can't.
of course not, that only starts if Noory gets over 10,000 subscribers to his weekly video podcast that he calls a TV show.

Roy Hinkley

George - "We continue to throw our prayers".  Throw them where, George?

Morgus

In the first hour tonight, the guest incredibly told Noory that he was 'hip' :D

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Morgus on May 22, 2013, 12:27:55 AM
In the first hour tonight, the guest incredibly told Noory that he was 'hip' :D

IF  George was EVER hip, and that's a BIG "what if"... I'm thinking it was so long ago that the word "hip" may have been "cool" at the time, and that's too many decades ago for me to count....

Are you sure he didn't just blurt out that he was going in for a hip - as in a replacement?

My George moment of the night:

Guest:  Isaac Newton tried to estimate the age of the Earth.  He thought it was 100 million years old.
George:  Some people think the Earth is 6000 years old.  He was pretty close!
Guest:  Well.. hehe... not really.  100 million years is still not very close to 6000 years.

Sardondi

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on May 21, 2013, 11:11:45 PM
George - "We continue to throw our prayers".  Throw them where, George?
We get in trouble, George, when we use concepts we're not really familiar with as a way to pretend we're people we're not.

michio

Georgie asks the astrophysicist where people can get his book. Astrophysicist replies, "you can get it everywhere." Hearing this Georgie lets out a peculiar and boisterous laugh in response. You'd think Georgie would know that "everywhere" means Amazon, B&N, bricks and mortar book stores, and so on. He's only asked the same question of nearly every author appearing on the program.

It may be prudent to schedule those brain scans ASAP, Mr. sNoory.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 22, 2013, 01:20:22 AM
My George moment of the night:

Guest:  Isaac Newton tried to estimate the age of the Earth.  He thought it was 100 million years old.
George:  Some people think the Earth is 6000 years old.  He was pretty close!
Guest:  Well.. hehe... not really.  100 million years is still not very close to 6000 years.

A fine example to demonshtrate the utter incompetence of the host, who has no clue the gross difference between these two numbers.  In George's limited vocabulary and undershtanding, it would merely come out as, "It's Huge!"   

Gay

What is this? I tuned in because I was genuinely interested in the role of serendipitous mistakes in science, but George turns it into the same Astrophysics 101 interview he's done dozens of times before

Gay

George: "I Think Space is Exciting."

An eight year old would literally be a better interviewer than George!   

This interview is extremely reminiscent of the Borgus parody of George Noory and the Bee Doctor.  This astrophysicist sounds to me a lot like Pavlov Snavlov.

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on May 22, 2013, 02:08:21 AM
A fine example to demonshtrate the utter incompetence of the host, who has no clue the gross difference between these two numbers.  In George's limited vocabulary and undershtanding, it would merely come out as, "It's Huge!"   

George's interviews are sometimes the opposite of a good comedy.  Jokes in a good comedy can be funny on so many different levels.  Sometimes George's questions and observations are wrong on so many different levels.  It's almost an art form.

Roy Hinkley

I had a very shtrange thought the other day about poor Georgie.  He is sixty-some years old, and made it that far in life before - dun, dun, dun (dramatic music) - the huge Pizza Roll Revelation that was to become a milestone in little Georgie's life.  Never again would his innocence be returned.  He was attacked by the moulton (Howe) food lava creatures that burned his mouth so bad he could not work, and required a trip to the hospital by a very grown adult to help him.....

Fast forward.  I wondered - if this sixty-year-old man could be that old and never eaten hot food and burned his mouth - oh no!!  What about cold food.  I have a trememdous fear that maybe Georgie doesn't know the yang of his lava hell that was yin - the equally evil cold food creatures.  I can just see him going to the shtore.  "Crap, they're out of turkey saniches again!"  Forget the possessed pizza rolls, maybe this ice-cream is safe?

He goes home and begins to eat the ice-cream.  "Wow, my head hurts".  He keeps eating, and his head keeps hurting.  Poor George cannot put the two together, and there are no coincidences.  The pain will not subside, so he does what we all would do - he calls a coworker at 3:30 am.  "Tommie, I need you to take me to the hospital!"  "What is it now George?" 

"My head hurts.  I'm going to keep eating my ishe-cream until you get here - hurry up."

Long shtory short, Tommie sees the mostly-eaten gallon of Ben and Jerry's "Cattle Mutilation Mud Pie" and puts two and two together.  George, does it hurt more if you eat more?  Well, yes, I guesh it does.  Do I have an alien implant?  Call Roger Leir. 

No George you have an "ice-cream headache". 

"I've never heard of that, what's that?"

Tommie: "Oh my God"

George: "Will it get better, it shure hurts". 

Tommie: "It will get better, but you'll never get smarter" - he mumbles to himself....

George: "I can't believe they don't put safety labels on this shtuff.  Get Jeff Melkin our food safety expert in for a whole week on this - the dangers of cold and frozen food shtuffs..... This is unbelievable, I bet it's happening all....over.....the......planet.

I can't believe it.  What is a mother gives her, her, little kid some ice-shcream.  It could die from this cold shtuff.  We've got to do something.   We don't want hundreds and hundreds of dead little kids running all over the place (yes, a Nooryism) because of this food situation....

Gay

Quote from: Morgus on May 19, 2013, 01:08:48 PM
that must have been me, I checked out the link to the Noory-Birnes book (I thought it had to be a gag since reportedly Birnes and Noory had a big fight sometime back) and was also checking out the Dobie Gillis DVD set coming out soon.
I've been watching old Dobie Gillis episodes from 1959-63 on Me-TV lately, but they skip a lot of the early episodes.

It comes on 4AM central, right after C2CAM, so it helps the brain recovery process.

On ME-TV the Danny Thomas Show comes next after Dobie. 

If I were Lebanese-American, I'd be pretty depressed that my community went from being represented in popular culture by Danny Thomas to George Noory today.

Think about it:
Danny Thomas - founded St Jude's Children's Hospital
George Noory - if 10,000 people sign up for Gaiam TV, I'll help a couple listeners with their gas bill.

Thanks Mr. Hinkley.  That was the best laugh of the day.

Gay

If George had any self-respect, wouldn't he be embarrassed that one of his callers is asking an accomplished legitimate scientist about Nibiru?

Ian could be annoying at times but at least you know he would bang his head against the table if a yahoo caller asked a real scientist a crackpot question (Maybe that caused the ringing in his ears).

michio

Quote from: Gay on May 22, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Did George just call Ancestry.com Amnesty.com?

I think I heard him say "flight with cancer" when he was discussing the death of Ray Manzarek.