• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The George Snoory all-purpose questions on the index cards thread

Started by TaoOfLuxLisbon, November 25, 2011, 06:10:01 PM

More and more, Snoory is ditching his guests after an hour or two because it's obvious he has nothing to ask or say to them. It's clear this is because he has a set of questions, probably on 3X5 cards that he now blazes through in under an hour because he has become so lazy and disinterested in doing his job or bothering to create an entertaining program. He uses these same questions for every guest. I thought we could use this thread to compile a list of his favorite questions he asks every guest. I'll start.

"How are you?"

"How long have you been interested in this subject?"

"What's your website?"

"Where can we get your book?"

"People are really interested in this stuff, aren't they?"

"What is going on out there?"

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on November 25, 2011, 06:10:01 PM
More and more, Snoory is ditching his guests after an hour or two because it's obvious he has nothing to ask or say to them. It's clear this is because he has a set of questions, probably on 3X5 cards that he now blazes through in under an hour because he has become so lazy and disinterested in doing his job or bothering to create an entertaining program. He uses these same questions for every guest. I thought we could use this thread to compile a list of his favorite questions he asks every guest. I'll start.

"How are you?"

"How long have you been interested in this subject?"

"What's your website?"

"Where can we get your book?"

"People are really interested in this stuff, aren't they?"

"What is going on out there?"

Whut's nexcht for yuh?

It's been awhile since yew were last on, whut have yew been up to?

Whut gotyuh innerested in (fill in the blank)?

Areyuh ready tuh take some calls?

"This Facebook and Twitter thing is amazing, isn't it?" (in reply to any guest who answers the website question)

Eddie Coyle

I wouldn't go as far to accuse Noory of reading 3x5 cards...that's too much effort for him and makes the assumption he's literate.

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 25, 2011, 09:29:57 PM

I wouldn't go as far to accuse Noory of reading 3x5 cards...that's too much effort for him and makes the assumption he's literate.

You may be on to something.  I believe Tom Danheiser is whispering material into his ear while Lisa Lyons is fallating him.

Morgus

One question Noory asks nearly every one of his guests at some point is some variation of what is the most fascinating (--- fill in the blank ---) you ever investigated/researched/were interested in?
That always bugs me, sounds like like something he got from some broadcasting class in school many years ago.  :P

Something's going on out there, don't ya think?

What does it all mean?

Quote from: Vatar on November 26, 2011, 12:58:31 AM
You may be on to something.  I believe Tom Danheiser is whispering material into his ear while Lisa Lyons is fallating him.

Or the other way around.  I don't think Tubheiser can read either.

I think there is an ulterior motive..

I think within months we will hear Ross Mitchell announce, "The Coast website is now optimized for iphones. And this month only, get autographed copies of the real George Noory index cards. And now from the kingdom of Nye, here is Art Bell."

I threw the Art Bell thing in there because we all still wish.......

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 26, 2011, 02:19:37 AM

Or the other way around.  I don't think Tubheiser can read either.

Toooooooommy reads those shitty text messages every Friday. Of course, half the time they are the same questions. "What scares you most?"

Peto of Verum

To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address.

1st:  After joining, I have spent time looking over this website.  You all seem to have one thing in common. . .You do not like the present state of C2C.  Mostly, you all seem to hate the hosts and how they conduct the shows business.  I read this all the time, "Art Bell is the greatest ever. . . George sucks...  Ian sucks..."  Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)     

I will agree that Art Bell was good in his day.  But he has chosen to leave C2C and live the good life outside of the USA.  Why?  I have listened to many of his past programs and I do think he was a better host than George.  But come on people. . .lets move on.  Bell left the show years ago.  Art also had his own problems and quirks.  (Which were quite strange in themselves)   Far different from George's quirks.  All I am trying to say is all people are different. George will never be Art.  Art will never be Ian. . .That's it.  Lets get over it.

2nd: My last rant (it is tied to the first rant, in an abscure way). . .  I think many of you know this, but you need to hear it again.   
C2C is only a "product".  A product of money making, money loving con artist that will sell you anything.  They have George as the host because he will do anything they ask.  George is a "go along boy".
Art was not.

Most, (if not all) of these guests that are on the show are only selling their own crap and issues.  Crap and issues that they can then sell to the people that listen to the program.  Their crap & issues, (books & ideas) are all "widget's".  (widget: A self created item of minimal use.)
In marketing, the best way to sell something is to create, (make up) a demand for the product you want to sell.  Even if that demand was never there before.  All you have to do is make something up so that people will think they need it.   That type of capitalism has been going on far to long.  I love free enterprize.  I love new ideas.  I love the good ol'USA.  But, We the people are beginning to find it hard to believe anything we are told any more.   We are mislead into thinking the "crap & issues" we are told, should be important to us.  Only to find out later it was only important because someone has a new book to sell. 

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Peto of Verum on December 02, 2011, 01:17:30 PM
To all forum viewers,

I have two different issues to address.

1st:  After joining, I have spent time looking over this website.  You all seem to have one thing in common. . .You do not like the present state of C2C.  Mostly, you all seem to hate the hosts and how they conduct the shows business.  I read this all the time, "Art Bell is the greatest ever. . . George sucks...  Ian sucks..."  Almost everyone on this site has something bad to say about C2C. (Not everyone. Most everyone.)

But despite that, it seems everyone keeps listening to the program.  Your days seem to be filled with how much you dislike the radio show and everything about it. You all pat yourselves on the back regarding how witty and insulting you can be.  Sorry, that side of the website I can live without.  I do not think it adds anything to my life. I do like open opinions and mindedness. (is that even a word, mindedness?  Sounds like something George would have said. You all seem to think he says the darnest things.)     

I will agree that Art Bell was good in his day.  But he has chosen to leave C2C and live the good life outside of the USA.  Why?  I have listened to many of his past programs and I do think he was a better host than George.  But come on people. . .lets move on.  Bell left the show years ago.  Art also had his own problems and quirks.  (Which were quite strange in themselves)   Far different from George's quirks.  All I am trying to say is all people are different. George will never be Art.  Art will never be Ian. . .That's it.  Lets get over it.

2nd: My last rant (it is tied to the first rant, in an abscure way). . .  I think many of you know this, but you need to hear it again.   
C2C is only a "product".  A product of money making, money loving con artist that will sell you anything.  They have George as the host because he will do anything they ask.  George is a "go along boy".
Art was not.

Most, (if not all) of these guests that are on the show are only selling their own crap and issues.  Crap and issues that they can then sell to the people that listen to the program.  Their crap & issues, (books & ideas) are all "widget's".  (widget: A self created item of minimal use.)
In marketing, the best way to sell something is to create, (make up) a demand for the product you want to sell.  Even if that demand was never there before.  All you have to do is make something up so that people will think they need it.   That type of capitalism has been going on far to long.  I love free enterprize.  I love new ideas.  I love the good ol'USA.  But, We the people are beginning to find it hard to believe anything we are told any more.   We are mislead into thinking the "crap & issues" we are told, should be important to us.  Only to find out later it was only important because someone has a new book to sell. 

One of the only reasons I listen to C2C, is because I find it fascinating that people will "buy" into just about anything they are told.  The entire program, from its commercials to many of it's guests,  are nothing but Money loving, Money grubbing twisters of the truth.  They will say and do anything to make money.  These lovers of money have turned the people of this country into mindless cattle.  I for one do not like what they have done.  You can still make money in this country by not lying to everyone.

I look forward to all of your responses.  I can't wait to read what everyone has to say.  Defend yourselves people.  I just slapped you into reality.

Peto of Verum

George Noory Sucks.

Avi

To all forum viewers,
I have two different issues to address....Etc.

Well, I deny categorically that you have slapped me into reality - I was already here. I am, however, concerned that you may steal away my honorary Crown of Verbosity, something I simply cannot allow.

To wit, I come to this forum for the people who participate here. I suspect I am not alone when I say that I don't even listen to C2C, anymore. Nonetheless, I enjoy the "witty and insulting" repartee concerning the hosts, guests and topics. I take what amuses me and leave the rest. Sometimes, people feel very intensely about certain subjects - but I am under no obligation to share that intensity, and in fact, I usually don't. Even so, I can appreciate where they are coming from, despite not "growing up" with Coast or hearing Art in his heyday. There are many people here whose writing, on any topic, I look forward to reading.

You seem to believe that outing Coast as a "product," will be akin to dropping a bomb, but there are many, many threads which address this topic in tremendous depth. I know, because I myself have addressed this topic in tremendous depth (and with multimedia features!). In fact, I would characterize much of what you say as unstated assumptions for many readers.

Frys Girl

Peto of Verum
You poohed here too? Dude, your post wasn't even that amazing in its trolliness to be cross-posted. You suck.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Avi on December 02, 2011, 02:43:14 PM
In fact, I would characterize much of what you say as unstated assumptions for many readers.

Unstated for nearly all, Avi.  Stated for many.  Good heavens, Peto of Trolldom, we've been all over what you call "slapping us into reality" so many times you could not possibly have read through the posts on this board.

I agree with High Strangeness.