• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

[HELP] Organize Coast to Coast Collection

Started by DietCoke, November 01, 2011, 05:23:08 PM

DietCoke

Hey first off just wondering if this is the right place to post this, if not sorry in advance.

I have around 14 gigs of various old episodes (would like more if anyone knows where to get any, I have some from demoniod), and am trying to decide what the best way to tag and organize them.

I guess what I am asking is how do you guys organize your collection, if you don't mind saying. Right now I pretty much just have them by year, and the episodes are just dates for the most part. I know its personal preference, and a pretty basic answer I most likely didn't have to post about. (I get OCD about this kind of stuff)  Oh and before I forget, if there is any good programs, thats not iTunes, for retagging theses episodes? I would appreciate any suggestions.

tl;dr version

How is your Coast to Coast AM collection organized?

Bosco

First I combine the four hours of the show into one file (complete show) using a free MP3 merge software.

I then name the the file like this example (for a file from today)  2011.11.01.GN

I use a suffix of the initials of the host doing the show.

morphiaflow

Hi--

I also sent this to you as a PM.

There's a guy on demonoid named Malacoid who's doing year by year complete collections of every available coast episode. He has 2005-2010 complete (those torrents are up on demonoid) and he is about two dozen shows from 2004 being completed. He's trying to connect with any Coast collectors he can find to do complete, comprehensive collections. He has a consistent tagging system that is itunes and winamp friendly. I strongly urge you to get in touch with him. You can find him through http://groups.google.com/group/artaudio?pli=1

Good luck!

Morph

I only download Art Bell shows to keep.  Any shows by Knapp, Punnett, Noory, etc. is not a keeper.  I put them in folders by year, followed by month folders, and a folder for the day that the show was aired.  Artist depends on what the source is.  If the source is Somewhere in Time, the artist is titled "Art Bell: Somewhere in Time".  Otherwise, it's "Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell".  I tag the files with either iTunes or Windows Explorer, and it usually looks something like this.

Artist: Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
Album: (Date)
Song Title: Hour (X), (Subject and/or Guest not 100% necessary, but I try to add if I can)
Album Artist Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell
Genre: Talk

I'm looking to upload a torrent with as many possible shows as I can.  I'm getting tired of torrents with only a handful of the classics, and downloading .rar files individually from Funklbaldy's site, and if someone had a torrent with a ridiculous amount of Art Bell shows like I have or Mike has, then that would be great.