• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Fellow Coastgabbers! I need your help.

Started by ADG12311990, October 20, 2011, 04:12:08 PM

ADG12311990

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted anything (Almost six months) Graduating high school and starting college has sucked any free time I had, But thankfully (I guess) I've gotten an assignment that my fellow C2C fans can help me with.

In my English comp class, we have to write an argumentative essay about which ever topic we want, and I ended up going with "extraterrestrial disclosure" (Not the most easy topic, but what the hell?) And now I'm in search of sources to use for my paper. I'm not about to be too picky when it comes to the sources, but I'm not sure if I even want to consider using Hoagland as a source, I suppose it'll depend on the article he had. (I'm not hoping for a lot from him)

You'll be in my debt, and I'll make you Cookies and scotch. Or just scotch, whichever works for you. :P

Frys Girl

You need to start by defining your argument. What is it that you are trying to prove? It's going to be difficult, but it can be done. Hoagland is not a source of anything except lies and fraud.

ADG12311990

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 20, 2011, 04:45:25 PM
You need to start by defining your argument. What is it that you are trying to prove? It's going to be difficult, but it can be done. Hoagland is not a source of anything except lies and fraud.
And how to look like a fake cowboy. Don't forget that. I'm going to be writing that the government knowingly has been covering up things since Roswell. I know it may not seem like much to write a paper on, but my teacher suggested this topic for me, and I think I've filled my quota of papers related to my lifelong obsession with Star Wars.

Avi

There is a book, Need to Know: UFOs, the Military, and Intelligence, by Timothy Good. You can also look at clips of the author on YouTube. Maybe your library has it? Of course, there are recent newspaper stories about various governments deciding to disclose information (Brazil was the latest, if I'm not mistaken) and you can cite information about these disclosures (or non-disclosures, as the case may be). A good reference librarian can be of immense help in finding sources, or directing you on how to find sources to support your argument. I know that there is a streaming documentary on Area 51 from Netflix, which may be of use. I have not seen or read these sources, because I simply do not accept the idea of alien visitation without strong empirical evidence, but I think these sources may lead you to more valid material, like government documents or such. Good luck!

Frys Girl

Quote from: ADG12311990 on October 20, 2011, 05:19:18 PM
And how to look like a fake cowboy. Don't forget that. I'm going to be writing that the government knowingly has been covering up things since Roswell. I know it may not seem like much to write a paper on, but my teacher suggested this topic for me, and I think I've filled my quota of papers related to my lifelong obsession with Star Wars.
Good topic, but way too broad. Alex Jones devotes his whole career to that argument. May I suggest that you argue that the US government covered up Roswell? The scope is smaller and more manageable. How long does this paper need to be?

Quote from: ADG12311990 on October 20, 2011, 05:19:18 PM
I'm going to be writing that the government knowingly has been covering up things since Roswell. I know it may not seem like much to write a paper on, but my teacher suggested this topic for me

UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Cover-Up: 1941-1973
The Cover-Up Exposed, 1973-1991 (UFOs and the National Security State)
both by Richard Dolan

He cites all the most well known and documented UFO incidents.  He footnotes everything. Plus, he is more picky that his sources be legit than many.  I bet you could use this as your main source.  These books are only about $10 each on Kindle and you can download a free reader if you don’t have a Kindle.

Good luck!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 20, 2011, 07:06:20 PM
May I suggest that you argue that the US government covered up Roswell? The scope is smaller and more manageable.

good advice.

fysisist

Retired Army Colonel John Alexander's recent book, "UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities" is a great source of information as well as a good read.  However, be aware that he is mainly arguing that there is no big gov't conspiracy to hide a UFO / ET reality.  He recently debated essentially your same topic with Stanton Friedman on the Paracast (available on iTunes or website).  I suggest it as good source material.