• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George's Rating

Started by gandalf50, October 08, 2011, 11:34:01 PM

gandalf50

George has a 2.16 stars out of 5 star rating here http://www.rateitall.com/i-29026-coast-to-coast-am-with-george-noory.aspx#ixzz1HTI4qrHN
It's a solid BAD rating and he gets a 1 star rating about 4x more often than a 5 star rating.

Tara

I know it won't do any good but I emailed this link to Noory and Lisa.  I just like to pull their tails. 

stevesh

More of the same here:

http://www.radioratingz.com/ratings/779/Radio-Show-Coast-To-Coast-W/-George-Noory.html

Talking about ratings, all I can find is the fact hat C2C has 3+ million listeners a week, 15th among talk shows. Anybody know if that means unique listeners or could it be the same 430,000 people listening all 7 nights ?

Quote from: stevesh on October 09, 2011, 08:59:32 AM
More of the same here:

http://www.radioratingz.com/ratings/779/Radio-Show-Coast-To-Coast-W/-George-Noory.html

Talking about ratings, all I can find is the fact hat C2C has 3+ million listeners a week, 15th among talk shows. Anybody know if that means unique listeners or could it be the same 430,000 people listening all 7 nights ?

Ratings are cumulatives.  This may or may not include weekends.  Arbitron selects a sample of people to fill out a diary-like form listing what radio shows they listened to and the times each week and extrapolates from there.  Each host gets their own rating, so those may be just George's M-F, or someone may have included the weekend hosts during an all-time high week to get the number as high as possible.  These ratings aren't made public the way the TV Nielsons are, so every host out there claims to be the fastert growing or whatever.  George has even claimed to be #2 behind Rush.

So even if the person filling out their Arbitron diary just listens to the first hour, or even for a few minutes, or wants to support the show but didn't really even listen at all that night, it counts.

How many people listen to the full show every night?  Probably about 12.

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2011, 10:29:32 AM

Ratings are cumulatives.  This may or may not include weekends.  Arbitron selects a sample of people to fill out a diary-like form listing what radio shows they listened to and the times each week and extrapolates from there.  Each host gets their own rating, so those may be just George's M-F, or someone may have included the weekend hosts during an all-time high week to get the number as high as possible.  These ratings aren't made public the way the TV Nielsons are, so every host out there claims to be the fastert growing or whatever.  George has even claimed to be #2 behind Rush.

So even if the person filling out their Arbitron diary just listens to the first hour, or even for a few minutes, or wants to support the show but didn't really even listen at all that night, it counts.

How many people listen to the full show every night?  Probably about 12.
Sure they are.  George is tied for 7th.

SheilaVG

I'd be willing to bet the producers at C2C don't know about that! I wonder if they even know about the general feeling, on and offline, about George.

Ian made a good point last night about people being all on board about something and then changing abruptly.  I think there's been a small boil about George for years though. It started with him being almost apologetic about the way he is and now it's turned into a case where the producers don't care.

Sometimes I hear what comes out of his mouth and think, "Is not one telling him how to pronounce things or how not to mess up?" The best George shows are when he is silent for long periods of time, whether it's out of interest, respect, or confusion. He always comes back though with something unmistakebly George though. His shows are so canned it's getting boring.

And I think the truth of the matter about Art may be that George said he wanted Art gone.  Notice how he goes silent when people mention Art?

It'll all be fixed eventually. He'll move on or the company will realize what's happened so until then we just have to focus on listening to his guests and not him.

Quote from: gandalf50 on October 08, 2011, 11:34:01 PM
George has a 2.16 stars out of 5 star rating here http://www.rateitall.com/i-29026-coast-to-coast-am-with-george-noory.aspx#ixzz1HTI4qrHN
It's a solid BAD rating and he gets a 1 star rating about 4x more often than a 5 star rating.

Quote from: The General on October 09, 2011, 11:18:17 AM
Sure they are.  George is tied for 7th.

Wow, that's the closest I've ever seen to actuals.  Note these are estimates of the Arbitron ratings they pulled together from stations and other sources, and not the Arbitron ratings themselves, but close enough - thanks.

The General

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 09, 2011, 11:41:21 AM

Wow, that's the closest I've ever seen to actuals.  Note these are estimates of the Arbitron ratings they pulled together from stations and other sources, and not the Arbitron ratings themselves, but close enough - thanks.
Yeah, I noticed just now that it says at the bottom in fine print that they are 'estimates based on information about the arbitron ratings and may not exactly reflect actual arbitron ratings' or something like that.  So you might be right, maybe the real arbitrons aren't published for some reason.

The General

FYI, here's a list of the top streaming talk radio shows compiled by TalkStreamLive.  Interestingly, it does not reflect terrestrial radio ratings.  For example, Sean Hannity is #2 in actual radio and #6 in streaming.  While Savage is #3 in radio and #2 in streaming.  A LOT of people only listen online anymore, if these ratings were combined, you'd see the actual numbers of who has the most listeners.  Clearly, Limbaugh wins, but Savage would be 2nd if streaming were accounted for in Arbitrons.  And George?  Well, some people just forget to turn the radio off.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Top 25 Streaming Talk Radio Shows
October 1, 2011 by talkstreamlive
Third Quarter 2011

Rank / Share

1  Rush Limbaugh  16.8
2  Michael Savage  10.8
3  Glenn Beck  10.7
4  Laura Ingraham  9.6
5  Tammy Bruce  6.3
6  Sean Hannity  5.1
7  Mark Levin  4.8
8  George Noory  3.7
9  Bill Bennett  3.2
10  Dennis Miller 2.1
11  Michael Medved  2.0
12  Neal Boortz   2.0
13  Dennis Prager  1.8
14  John Batchelor  1.3
15  Jerry Doyle  1.2
16  John Gibson  0.9
17  Quinn and Rose  0.9
18  Monica Crowley  0.9
19  Alex Jones  0.8
20  IMUS  0.7
21  Chris Plante  0.7
22  Larry Kudlow  0.6
23  Midnight Trucking  0.6
24  RadioRMN  0.6
25  The Power Hour  0.6

Survey Period: ( 07/01/2011 â€" 09/30/2011 )

Sample Size: 189,861  Unique Sessions

Source: TalkStreamLive.com

Note: This report is exclusively produced from our very own server data.  The conclusions are our own and not guaranteed to be accurate.

11angeleyes11

I am sure they pay attention to all ratings.  George has set a new goal of 1,000 new members each month for the Coast Insiders Club.  He is well on the way to that goal with over three hundred members as of sometime last week.

The thousands of new members that have Coast Insider will allow them to stream the show, and thus his number of 3.7 will increase.  Ratings are performance.  As always, George scores again.  Watch out El Rushbo!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 09, 2011, 12:21:56 PM
George has set a new goal of 1,000 new members each month for the Coast Insiders Club.  He is well on the way to that goal with over three hundred members as of sometime last week.

The thousands of new members that have Coast Insider will allow them to stream the show, and thus his number of 3.7 will increase.  Ratings are performance. 

Tell me why he feels he has to set a goal for his stupid-ass, pay to be a member, club in the first place. Secondly, if he has millions of "quality" listeners to his show, one thousand members to his buttclub is really,  fairly insignificant. Noory playing it up and boasting about it is just indicative of the sorrily sad state of patheticness his show has degenerated into today.
QuoteAs always, George scores again.
Uhm, ya. Looks like he scored #8. That's pretty pisspoor for being pretty much unchallenged in his timeslot. See, people with psychiatric disorders and folks addicted to meth that are the majority of "Noory's audience", do not really hold the same demographic value as listeners to say, Limbaugh's audience during the main drive-slots.
By the time Noory gets his
QuoteThousands of new members
(a year from now?) the show will have already lost tens of thousands of listeners.
Not to piss in your porridge, I understand. I've cheered for the underdog many a times and there's nothing wrong with that.

Does anyone keep up with the number of longtime subscribers who decide to drop their membership each month?  I know I recently cancelled my account that I had for many years.  Oh well, old Snoory fits the quote "Figures lie and liars figure."