• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I think the Caravan to Midnight is going well at Premiere

Started by HorrorReporter, October 04, 2011, 04:24:52 PM

John B Wells hosting Oct 9, so my sources say...... Dare I say a future host. Just what Premiered wanted, perhaps. Insiders happy with doom gloom and all the rest in between.

fabucat

oh snap!  Last time Wells told us that if you're a defendant in a courtroom with fringed American flag, you're "guilty until proven innocent."  This is about 69 dimensions of wrong. 

I'm going to monitor this freak and if he utters another round of radio BS, I'm going to have to report him to Southern Poverty Law Center or Media Matters. 

Wells is worse than Jorch and that's tough to do. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: fabucat on October 07, 2011, 09:22:47 PM
oh snap!  Last time Wells told us that if you're a defendant in a courtroom with fringed American flag, you're "guilty until proven innocent."  This is about 69 dimensions of wrong. 

I'm going to monitor this freak and if he utters another round of radio BS, I'm going to have to report him to Southern Poverty Law Center or Media Matters. 

Wells is worse than Jorch and that's tough to do.
Protege' maybe?  Look closely, attach a stache, could be a relative?

As I was told...he's hosting..

Ironically when I saw the schedule for the coming week i was realizing just what we lost in Art

morphiaflow

I have a nasty, dirty, ugly feeling that Wells is being grandfathered in and Knapp will be edged out. The powers that be at C2C/Premiere can't be unaware that Knapp is the odds-on favorite among the remaining hosts as far as Art Bell fans are concerned, nor are they ignorant of Knapp's longstanding personal and professional relationship with Art. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect I'm right. I would put money that within a few months, Noory will host the first Sunday of each month, Wells will get two shows and Knapp only one, and then eventually, none. But at least that would leave him free to help Art out on whatever project he may eventually get into....

Scully

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 07, 2011, 10:15:34 PM
I have a nasty, dirty, ugly feeling that Wells is being grandfathered in and Knapp will be edged out. ...

Well, kiss mah grits!! Who would have believed Premiere could find someone even worse than George?

They sure have done that with Wells ... Noory with an attitude.  >:(

...I agree with the slow pushing out of George Knapp.

I think in a wall Wells seems to have taken over the empty slots left by Art. So think of that: Every time we hear Wells, it may very well have been Bell if things worked out different

morphiaflow

Knapp is thoughtful, intelligent, objective, thorough, does his research, polite but firm with both callers and guests, not afraid to ask tough questions, play devils' advocate and call people out on misinfo and bs, and in every way the model of what a Coast host should be. And hey, he also has a full time day job as an investigative reporter. Legitimate journalistic street cred! And as I've said, a longstanding association with Art Bell.

Wells is well-spoken, much better than Noory, and he does have a good radio voice. But he's also a young earth creationist, climate/environment/peak oil denier, end-times Christian, and politically fringe-right. But that voice no doubt sends all those rapture-believing middle aged female listeners into a frenzy, while soothing the male listeners with its manly assurance

Style AND substance over style with NO substance. Which one do you think is more up Premiere's alley? This is why I'm convinced Knapp's days are numbered. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.

Yes, folks, Coast to Coast AM, that great beacon of midnight radio that the legendary Art Bell set up decades ago as an alternative to everything else on the radio...has now truly become the very thing it was created in reaction against.

For shame, Premiere, for shame.

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 09, 2011, 02:05:29 PMYes, folks, Coast to Coast AM, that great beacon of midnight radio that the legendary Art Bell set up decades ago as an alternative to everything else on the radio...has now truly become the very thing it was created in reaction against.
Amen Brother!

I don't like Wells, but isn't it fairly routine for someone other than Knapp to take the second Sunday of the month, while he does the last two (and maybe three considering there are five Sundays this month)?

Morgus

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on October 09, 2011, 03:41:23 PMisn't it fairly routine for someone other than Knapp to take the second Sunday of the month
yes it is - thats been the Sunday schedule for the past year.
Noory hosts the first Sunday of the month and Knapp the 3rd and 4th Sundays, with the second Sunday rotating amongst a variety of fill-in hosts.
Nothing new.

Frys Girl

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 09, 2011, 02:05:29 PM
Knapp is thoughtful, intelligent, objective, thorough, does his research, polite but firm with both callers and guests, not afraid to ask tough questions, play devils' advocate and call people out on misinfo and bs, and in every way the model of what a Coast host should be. And hey, he also has a full time day job as an investigative reporter. Legitimate journalistic street cred! And as I've said, a longstanding association with Art Bell.

Wells is well-spoken, much better than Noory, and he does have a good radio voice. But he's also a young earth creationist, climate/environment/peak oil denier, end-times Christian, and politically fringe-right. But that voice no doubt sends all those rapture-believing middle aged female listeners into a frenzy, while soothing the male listeners with its manly assurance

Style AND substance over style with NO substance. Which one do you think is more up Premiere's alley? This is why I'm convinced Knapp's days are numbered. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.

Yes, folks, Coast to Coast AM, that great beacon of midnight radio that the legendary Art Bell set up decades ago as an alternative to everything else on the radio...has now truly become the very thing it was created in reaction against.

For shame, Premiere, for shame.
Great analysis. I hope Knapp is not on the way out. I'll be looking for him to turn up on the radio elsewhere. He's great.

CoastCanuck

Is there proof beyond 'feelings' that George Knapp may be slowly pushed out?  Hasn't he recently increased his involvement by working a couple of Fridays in addition to his 2 Sundays per month? 
Until recently, didn't Ian Punnett take the second Sunday of the month?  Is his recent absence from the second Sunday his choice or decision of producers?
Is it possible that by bringing in the occasional appearance of John B Wells and Rob Simone that C2C wants more that 1 full time and 2 part time hosts, especially since Art is now permanently gone?  Knapp and Punnett have full time jobs, so it's a lot of eggs in the George Noory basket.  Maybe they want to groom more backup in case Noory calls in sick.   

Morgus

Quote from: CoastCanuck on October 09, 2011, 06:33:40 PM
Until recently, didn't Ian Punnett take the second Sunday of the month?  Is his recent absence from the second Sunday his choice or decision of producers?
you must have missed Ian's onair discussion some months back when he had health issues and said he had to cut back to only Saturday nights - his own choice and decision.
since then there have been a variety of fill-in hosts on the second Sunday each month, including Whitley Strieber.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Morgus on October 09, 2011, 06:45:52 PM
you must have missed Ian's onair discussion some months back when he had health issues and said he had to cut back to only Saturday nights - his own choice and decision.
since then there have been a variety of fill-in hosts on the second Sunday each month, including Whitley Strieber.
thanks for the clarification.  i don't listen to many of Ian's shows, so I wasn't aware.

Scully

Quote from: morphiaflow on October 09, 2011, 02:05:29 PM
...Wells is well-spoken, much better than Noory, and he does have a good radio voice. But he's also a young earth creationist, climate/environment/peak oil denier, end-times Christian, and politically fringe-right. But that voice no doubt sends all those rapture-believing middle aged female listeners into a frenzy, while soothing the male listeners with its manly assurance. ...

I don't qualify as a "rapture-believing middle aged female listener", but I am a female who admires a good deep male voice.

For what it's worth, Wells' rumbling voice surpasses pleasantness and moves into the annoying range to me.  It's like a bell that just keeps on echoing long after it sounded nice.  Jes sayin'.   ???

Quote from: Scully on October 09, 2011, 10:16:34 PM

I don't qualify as a "rapture-believing middle aged female listener", but I am a female who admires a good deep male voice.

For what it's worth, Wells' rumbling voice surpasses pleasantness and moves into the annoying range to me.  It's like a bell that just keeps on echoing long after it sounded nice.  Jes sayin'.   ???

HA!  Right. 
Once upon a time I thought I had found the perfect voice to lull me to sleep and solve my problems with insomnia.  Think again.  Now it's more like the car alarm that goes off, driving elusive sleep away once again.  ::)

morphiaflow

No, I don't have any proof, evidence, insight, or inside information about the Knapp theory. It's just a theory, and I hope it's wrong, and maybe I was just misreading the patterns (I don't pay that much attention to it anymore to be honest, I just think of Noory as the weeknight guy, Ian as the Saturday guy and Mr. Knapp as the Sunday guy). So it's possible that I'm overreacting or blowing things out of proportion, especially given my inclination to view the current Coast management as incopetent, corrupt and wanting to erase as many associations to Art Bell as possible. It just seemed to me under those circumstances that Mr. Knapp would be seen by them as the most vulnerable and ripe for removal, while they are CLEARLY grooming Mr. Wells for SOMEthing. Maybe it's Ian's job, who knows?

I was just speaking from the gut, and perhaps paranoically, but there it is.

Lovely Bones

I'm going with Morgus on this one--Knapp's on his regular schedule, and Ian announced his schedule cut back shortly after Christmas/New Year's. 

Ian used to do a lot more of the fill-in shows.  Wells is being used to do shows Ian used to. 

Coast mostly sucks now, but I don't think there's a sinister plot to phase out Knapp. 

Every time Mr Wells is hosting, the show is getting progressively sloppier. Worse than noory?!..quite possibly yes.

But...the caravan to midnight rolls on. And you can expect lots more of a deep voice on future nights. So I believe..

Also....I still contend Wells is hosting the nights we WOULD HAVE heard Art Bell under the contract..

....interesting weekend coming up. Two shows this weekend hosted by john b wells. Friday. Sunday. Pre Halloween....and open lines. fascinating stuff..

CoastCanuck

Is it time for John B. Wells to be included on C2C website under hosts?  It seems like he's working his way in there.  He's almost on more than Knapp these days.  Maybe the Hosts topic on this website will need to include his name too.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: CoastCanuck on October 29, 2011, 04:55:18 AM
Is it time for John B. Wells to be included on C2C website under hosts?  It seems like he's working his way in there.  He's almost on more than Knapp these days.  Maybe the Hosts topic on this website will need to include his name too.

Just my opinion, but I hope they're waiting to see whether Rob Simone can clear his schedule/life enough to take that fill-in spot before elevating Wells to "name on the website" status.  I'm probably just dreaming, though--like wishing Ian and Knapp had Mon-Friday duty on a regular basis.   ;D

Tonight's show with Wells has been truly awful... every time I say I'm finished with Wells I show up for the next car accident

Morgus

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 31, 2011, 02:02:24 AM
Tonight's show with Wells has been truly awful... every time I say I'm finished with Wells I show up for the next car accident
Wells confirmed emails from listeners complaining about all the bible thumping too...  :o

After being a staunch Coast listener and Streamlink subscriber, I now spend those four hours Coast took up by watching old episodes of the A-Team and other great 80s series. For Free!
There's just something about waking up and getting tweaked on coffee while watching B.A. Baracus make a tank with a cutting torch and old car doors supplemented with Colonel Smith's stoic humour. Where is John Titor and that time machine ;D

stevesh

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 31, 2011, 02:02:24 AM

When the host spends the show reading passages from the bible on the air, all is lost.

Wells is worse than Noory. At least Norry can actually hit a commercial break, and he reads his questions from his index cards, rather than taking up way too much of every hour blabbering incoherently, as Wells does.

WOTR

I don't know... I heard his interview with Lake (the satanist) and now with Marzulli.  He has some very weak points, but he is not Noory.  I would not want 5 days a week of him and find him to be a little boring.  How many times in each interview does he ask the guest to lead the show where he wants it?  I honestly thought that it was the hosts job to steer the show, but following where the guest is going seems to work for Wells.  I am beginning to put Wells squarely between Noory and Ian in terms of hosts.

This guest had a few interesting thoughts and points... I don't really see the problem with a whacked out bible thumper telling me about the Nephilim and demons while using the bible.  It really is not that far from Zechariah Stichin using his ancient Sumerian tablets to tell me about the Annunaki.  Really, neither is anything near "mainstream".  The one might use the bible, but it is not your typical interpretation. You had demons, alien implants, 2012, evolving human DNA, chemical pollution, war, quantum physics, NASA, angels and area 51 (in addition to a whole host of other topics all tied in together.)

Really, aside from the lack of scripture, what more could you ask for from a guest?

.....the Wells' caravan continues the day after Thanksgiving. Premiere has him doing open lines on Friday. I am sure he won't play the typical UFO Phil outtro... I think there is something in the air. Someone knows the current isn't working.