• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

At the present moment, Somewhere in Time with Art is the most listened to stream on TalkStream Live. Looks like Art has double the listeners of the number two listened to show which is C2C hosted by Ian Suckit.

linden2k

Hey guys,

I've been a lurker on the board for awhile. A friend and I put together a stream that we're pretty proud of. We're calling it "Fine Art: The Essential Art Bell" . This week we're playing mostly shows from 96-98, but we would love your suggestions on what your favorite shows are and what you would like to hear. We'll eventually be doing themed weekends (i.e Dreamland, Ghost to Ghost, Prediction shows, etc.) but for now have started with a few of our favorite shows from over the years.  You can tune in @ www.fineartstream.com.

MV/Liberace!

word of advice:  use a netbook as your streaming machine.  very reliable because of the battery backup... and then you can get a UPS for your modem/router.  your stream will never go down.

i recommend you (and anyone) consider these guys if you are looking for a good stream hosting company.  they give you unlimited listener slots and unlimited bandwidth for only $8.75/month, which might as well be free.  i've used them and never noticed any server down time.

and feel free to plug coastgab on your stream from time to time.

linden2k

Awesome, thanks for the tips! We've been up for three days and the only downtime we've had was related to figuring out our hosting company's software. Everything seems to be running smothing. We definitely will plug coastgab. Station identification breaks are being worked on and I would love to see the Coastgab community play a large roll in the selection of programming.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on December 30, 2011, 03:05:16 PM
...I would love to see the Coastgab community play a large roll in the selection of programming.

sounds like that could work nicely right here in this thread.  what software are you using?

linden2k

We're actually using our host's software, CentovaCast.

linden2k

I should've elaborated on that. It's just a simple web dashboard app that allows us to manage our playlist. We pick the shows and run one playlist at a time. When that playlist ends, we come up with a new one.

MV/Liberace!

does that system allow listeners to submit requests?

linden2k

We're going to enable a feature through our site, when it's up. The requesting feature for their software blows. Anyone who has a request should email or PM me.

WOTR

Thanks!  It's like balm for my poor, battered ears.  No real requests (I can recall a few topics, but certainly not the dates.  Besides, it's almost nice to just be surprised by what is streaming.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on December 30, 2011, 06:55:51 PM
Besides, it's almost nice to just be surprised by what is streaming.

i agree with that.  it makes it feel more like you're listening to art on the radio back in the day.

Silent

I like it, thanks.  It's a nice, clean and simple site.

Frys Girl

Very nice site! I was worried I'd be greeted with large jpegs of Art, but then I remembered this isn't a George Noory operation. Congratulations on getting up and running. I'll be tuning in.

Pertzborn

Great site!  I like the clean minimal appearance of the page.  Thanks for all the hard work.

Area51

Sweet site, nice clean sound and good design!

MV/Liberace!

i just tuned in.  haven't heard art in a few months.  it's refreshing to hear his voice.  i have missed him. 

linden2k... do you have an FTP server i could upload my art bell library to?  it's like 800 shows, all organized by date.  it would probably be of benefit to you, and i'm willing to do it since it seems like you're running a credible operation here.

linden2k

Thanks for the awesome feedback on the site, everyone! Michael, that would be awesome. I'll try to line something up and get you a place to dump some files. We were big fans of your stream when it was going and I've heard you play some shows I haven't seen anywhere else.

We're learning that Art truly is best served in the middle of the night. We've been getting the most listeners around 2 AM PST.

gstaf02

I have an C. Crane internet radio. Anyway to tune in via that?

SnoorysStache

Yes...thank you for doing this. I work graveyards and it really helps. 

linden2k

gstaf02: I'm not familiar with how your device works, but if you are able, search for "Art Bell". I recommend Cop Radio or 5-0 Radio for anyone tuning in from an iPhone/iPad.

linden2k

Also, happy new year to everyone! If you like what you hear, please like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fine-Art-The-Essential-Art-Bell/275441305846251 . Let's hope Art does a few shows in 2012!

Hater10x

This is my first post, and I sincerely want to thank u for this.  The numbers lady drove me to near insanity within 2 minutes of hearing her voice again. I searched the net and found this. I have listened to the show since 97, and really miss Art and entertaining programming. Happy New Year!!!!

linden2k

No problemo! We've got a great batch of shows queued up after this one. One of my favorites is in there, Art's interview with Willie Nelson.

MV/Liberace!

hopefully you'll keep running this stream, because i just spent an hour trying to figure out the best way to add a menu link to your stream.  i guess you could say it's now the official coastgab art bell stream. 

one suggestion:  any way to make the embedded player automatically play when the page is loaded?  perhaps it's your preference that it not auto play, so just a suggestion.  however, your listener count will increase, and it's one fewer click for listeners.

linden2k

We definitely plan on doing this for a long time. Good suggestion, too, we'll have the player stream automatically soon. Again, thanks a ton for all the support. We're doing our best to keep a top of shows up and trying to play something people haven't heard in awhile.

linden2k

We've got four straight hours of JC's appearances with Art starting now!

Vatar

Quote from: linden2k on January 05, 2012, 04:59:00 PM
We've got four straight hours of JC's appearances with Art starting now!

LOL hilarious JC is hilarious.  Oh btw I don't know if anyone has noticed but the same person who called in as JC also called in as Edna pringle.  I have a good ear for voices and noticed this about a year back on Michael's old stream.

awguy

I'm listening now. I haven't listened to any of my old Art Bell shows in a while. I almost forgot how great he was... thanks for the reminder.

linden2k

I love the way Art handles JC. Some of my favorite moments are in those shows.

TazarYoot

I just wanted to say thanks for the new Art Bell stream.  I know the mp3s are out there and there are many ways to still hear Art Bell, but the streaming format just works so well and needs so little preperation to enjoy.  I hope it sticks around for a long time!