• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell and global warming

Started by Northcoaster, September 16, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 01:07:53 PM
LMAO at your repetition of a stupid question! Art's investments in Gore's interests. LOL. If he does it, it doesn't mean he even believes it. If Crap and Trade passes, there are billions to be made. I wish I could invest because these fuckers are taking over and unfortunately, the only thing that will save us is an amazing, independently developed alternative energy. That would be a great middle finger to Gore the fat ass hypocrite. How many rooms does his Tennessee house have? 27??

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you own mutual funds and all that, you will have invested in some way in Gore's interests as these companies are tied up with the banks.

Utility records show the Gore family paid an average monthly electric bill of about $1,200 last year for its 10,000-square-foot home.

The Gores used about 191,000 kilowatt hours in 2006, according to bills reviewed by The Associated Press spanning the period from Feb. 3, 2006, to Jan. 5. That is far more than the typical Nashville household, which uses about 15,600 kilowatt-hours per year.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 01:07:53 PM
LMAO at your repetition of a stupid question! Art's investments in Gore's interests. LOL. If he does it, it doesn't mean he even believes it. If Crap and Trade passes, there are billions to be made. I wish I could invest because these fuckers are taking over and unfortunately, the only thing that will save us is an amazing, independently developed alternative energy. That would be a great middle finger to Gore the fat ass hypocrite. How many rooms does his Tennessee house have? 27??

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if you own mutual funds and all that, you will have invested in some way in Gore's interests as these companies are tied up with the banks.
Stupid question or not, it was a question I had. I guess that makes me stupid, right? Either way, I'd rather be known as someone that asks stupid questions than be known as a troll; the lowest form of life on the internet.

And no, I'm not invested in mutual funds any longer. I don't want to get into why, but I haven't been invested in mutual funds since 1999.

M Knight

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 16, 2011, 11:46:29 PM
After experiencing an earthquake and two successive tropical storms you think that was due to man's influence? Why? How is that different from the earthquakes and tropical storms of the 1700's, 1800's? Do you think that they didn't have earthquakes and tropical storms happen so closely together?

Most non-scholastic type people have no idea that the Earth was once a boiling inferno, and at least twice, a frozen ball of ice.  This is not to say that the trillions of particulates that humans discharge into the atmosphere have no effect.  They simply are a miniscule part of an equation of change that has been here long before humans, and will be here long after we are gone.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 18, 2011, 01:13:42 PM
I've got better things to do with my life than wander around forums and look for topics that piss people off. I came here to discuss Art, not the merits of global warming, which is why I got out of the conversation when it took a left turn. I'd like to attempt to steer it back now and pose the questions I asked in the post above. Thank you.
You are such a whiner.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 01:46:42 PM
You are such a whiner.
Grow up. You just sit there and call me names and accuse me of being a "troll" and I'm not allowed to explain myself? How old are you?

morphiaflow

I'm impressed with your knowledge of the geological and climatic history of the earth, M. Knight, but don't your fellow climate deniers give you shit for implying that the earth is more than 6000 years old?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Scully on September 17, 2011, 12:02:09 AM

Really? And this is why Art Bell is not on the air at present?

I have become extremely suspicious of posters such as yourself who have only a couple of posts and who start their own threads of controversial content in the middle of the night yet.

They usually turn out to be trolls.
i think this is perhaps a bit of an overreaction on your part.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on September 16, 2011, 11:05:17 PM
I think global warming is one of the myths that will take a long time to die... lots of people still believe in it, and it remains a lucrative industry. 

Quote from: morphiaflow on September 17, 2011, 02:54:25 AM
Funny, I'd say the same thing about the oil industry.

morphia, come on, dude.  oil might be a lucrative industry, and that industry might take a long time to die, but there's a reason for that: a viable alternative to oil doesn't exist.  period.  if an alternative ever DOES become reality, it will be due to innovations in technology.  tech innovation is rare without economic prosperity.  to prosper economically, oil must be sucked out of the ground and used.  sooo... only oil will end oil.  drilling less and using less will NOT magically materialize some sort of alternative we can all be happy about.  instead, it will bring about a stagnation, both technologically and economically.  that would be bad for the future of energy technology.

oil is responsible for the fact that you were able to post this message.  every facet of your standard of living is dependent upon the production and use of oil.  i find irony in this self defeating, american desire to make "oil" a bad word.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 04:31:59 AM

... said the guy who posted earlier that he didn't get that the term 'climate denier' was created to subconsciously link them to holocaust deniers.

there are people out there who don't see that link? 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Scully on September 18, 2011, 02:32:13 AM

O.K.  And another TROLL takes charge of a Coastgab thread.

Notice above that all this guy really did was pose a question about why Art Bell left C2C.  He threw in the climate controversy for the exact purpose it served.  Two regular posters are mad enough to get the hell out of Dodge, and others of us have had our feathers ruffled.

Mr. Troll has changed his avatar to a pic of a guy rudely urinating on someone's lawn and has most likely completely left the scene of his white-collar crime.

Pity ...  ::)

this is horse shit.

people are free to post whatever they want on this forum, so long as it conforms with the terms of service.  the fact that you don't agree with the OP's personal opinion of art's climate change convictions does not make him a troll.  he isn't required to have X number of posts under his belt before posting something controversial.  i mean... WOW... someone posts something on a forum that gets people talking.  the humanity!!  i personally enjoy these types of discussions on this forum.  i get sick of talking about george fucking noory's mustache or his workout supplements. 

posts like yours are making this look like some sort of shitty clique forum.

Scully

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 18, 2011, 03:07:08 PM
i think this is perhaps a bit of an overreaction on your part.

You could be right, Michael.

Frys Girl

Dear America,
Your currency is supported by one thing only: Oil! Think of all the dictators we have supported because they are willing to support our currency via oil. Think of the people who have toiled under those dictators. Don't let them die in vain.

Honestly, it is so fucking dumb to be anti-oil. I am an animal lover and a lover of Mother Earth. However, I am human and I wish to survive. I'm not going to pay 10 bucks a gallon for gas because Al Gore's kids need more trust money.

Fuck the Democratic party. I have never been less impressed with a bunch of people. Anyone who votes for Cap and Trade better have an alternative energy in mind before punishing the people of this country for using the resources they need to live, work, and survive.

Frys Girl

Quote from: morphiaflow on September 18, 2011, 02:01:59 PM
I'm impressed with your knowledge of the geological and climatic history of the earth, M. Knight, but don't your fellow climate deniers give you shit for implying that the earth is more than 6000 years old?
Most conservatives are not young Earthers. It's a small segment to my knowledge.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 04:31:59 AM

... said the guy who posted earlier that he didn't get that the term 'climate denier' was created to subconsciously link them to holocaust deniers.

The comparison between the two groups is apt.  Both groups ignore the overwhelming, irrefutable facts for idealogical reasons.  They deny the facts, and adopt a faith based position  ("I don't believe the holocaust was real"), usually by vilifying the source of the facts ("Jews are evil, therefore the holocaust is a Zionist conspiracy").  In the case of global warming deniers, the argument is that leftists are forwarding an agenda, therefore it can't be real ("Al Gore is evil, therefore global warming is a left wing conspiracy").

Therefore, global warming deniers are just that - people who deny the facts based on their own belief system.  As I said before, you can choose to believe what you want, you can believe the earth is flat, or that the moon is made of cheese, or that global warming isn't real, or that it isn't caused by mankind.  But if you do, it is because you don't believe, not because of the facts.  Because the facts prove you wrong.

Frys Girl

Speaking of facts, George Noory sucks.

Northcoaster

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 18, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Speaking of facts, George Noory sucks.
If you hate George Noory, does that mean you hate Alex Jones as well?

Northcoaster

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 18, 2011, 04:58:03 PM
The comparison between the two groups is apt.  Both groups ignore the overwhelming, irrefutable facts for idealogical reasons.  They deny the facts, and adopt a faith based position  ("I don't believe the holocaust was real"), usually by vilifying the source of the facts ("Jews are evil, therefore the holocaust is a Zionist conspiracy").  In the case of global warming deniers, the argument is that leftists are forwarding an agenda, therefore it can't be real ("Al Gore is evil, therefore global warming is a left wing conspiracy").

Therefore, global warming deniers are just that - people who deny the facts based on their own belief system.  As I said before, you can choose to believe what you want, you can believe the earth is flat, or that the moon is made of cheese, or that global warming isn't real, or that it isn't caused by mankind.  But if you do, it is because you don't believe, not because of the facts.  Because the facts prove you wrong.
There are no "facts" that I know of out there that prove global warming is man-made. If I'm wrong, please state what those facts are.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 18, 2011, 05:23:58 PM
If you hate George Noory, does that mean you hate Alex Jones as well?
I do hate Alex Jones, but I will give him credit for his ability to speak in complete sentences and for his ability to read clearly. His jokes are also better.

The comparison between the two groups is apt...

Not quite.  Holocaust deniers are singled out for a special level of contempt, rightly so.  The people that created the term 'Climate Deniers' want to put regular people that simply do not see any evidence that any climate change is 'Man-Made' into the same category.  Thanks for helping blur the line.

... Because the facts prove you wrong.

Yes, just what are the 'Facts' of Man-Made climate change?  You are much closer to a green cheese moon or a 6000 year old earth than are the sceptics.  Some conservative.

Quote from: Northcoaster on September 18, 2011, 05:27:24 PM
There are no "facts" that I know of out there that prove global warming is man-made. If I'm wrong, please state what those facts are.
I really don't want to get into a game of "bring me a rock" with you, but on the off chance that you are unable to use Google, you will find a nice summary of the dozens and dozens of position papers by every major scientific body in the world here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change
If you do a little more research, at any of the websites for the scientific bodies listed on that handy summary, you will find that the global scientific community is as close to unanimous as possible - global warming is real, and mankind is to blame.  Sure, there are a few fringe elements that might dissent, but that is true of evolution, gravity, the earth rotating around the sun, etc.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 18, 2011, 05:43:40 PM

Not quite.  Holocaust deniers are singled out for a special level of contempt, rightly so.  The people that created the term 'Climate Deniers' want to put regular people that simply do not see any evidence that any climate change is 'Man-Made' into the same category.  Thanks for helping blur the line.

Yes, just what are the 'Facts' of Man-Made climate change?  You are much closer to a green cheese moon or a 6000 year old earth than are the sceptics.  Some conservative.
If membership in the conservative club means ignoring mountains of scientific proof becasue of idealogical agendas, then I don't want to be in the club.  But I am pretty sure that I am a genuine conservative, and that you are an idealogue.  There is a big difference.

By the way, got any facts that prove gloabl warming is a hoax?

Frys Girl

I hate how people fight over these things like they matter. Who cares if it is real or not? Honestly, do you think anything will change in our lives? If you want to take the bus and that makes you feel good, then do it.

If you want to use crappy light bulbs, then do so. If you want an electric car, buy one. However, don't force me to do the same because you think I'm pouring the equivalent of spent nuclear fuel by gassing up my SUV.

Get over it people! Live your lives and make the most of everyday. Living in fear and division is pointless.

The people above us, Gore and his counterparts don't even fight like this, and they have a big stake in the issue.

I just want to ask some of you this though: Does it not bother you that Gore doesn't live how he expects others to live?

Does it not bother you that he invests and takes money from companies that hurt the earth and farmers? Monsanto and DuPont?

I think a bigger problem is Mercury that is spent by factories. That's more lethal to us than global warming and it is more easily resolved.

I guess there's no big bucks for Gore and crowd in helping us stop mercury poisoning and pesticide illness. So much for caring for the Earth.

"it's conservatives who should fear climate change the most. To put it simply, if you hate big government, try global warming on for size. "
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/05/AR2010110503155.html

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 18, 2011, 05:58:58 PM
Sure, there are a few fringe elements that might dissent, but that is true of evolution, gravity, the earth rotating around the sun, etc.

Don't be too proud of this philosophical terror you've constructed.  The ability to convince a planet of anything is insignificant next to the power of gravity.

analog kid

Gore made a movie. Deniers vastly overestimate / overemphasize his importance. If you're at all concerned with anything he's doing, then congratulations - you're most likely a zealot.

Frys Girl

Quote from: analog kid on September 18, 2011, 06:44:21 PM
Gore made a movie. Deniers vastly overestimate / overemphasize his importance. If you're at all concerned with anything he's doing, then congratulations - you're most likely a zealot.
Ignorance is bliss. I wish it were so trivial. Economic effects... none. LOL He just made a movie.... something like "The Pink Panther." Puh huh ha! That makes it so much easier. Thanks.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on September 18, 2011, 06:35:25 PMDon't be too proud of this philosophical terror you've constructed.  The ability to convince a planet of anything is insignificant next to the power of gravity.

Yeah, and if one thinks the ability to convince a planet is insignificant compared to gravity, consider that, of the four known forces, gravity is by FAR the weakest force, with (#2) electromagnetism being 1036 times stronger than than gravity, which is a shit-load. Gravity, being the weakest force, is only 10-25 as strong as the next strongest force (Weak force), so all in all, gravity ain't shit.

Just tryin' to have a little fun with you whacko flat-earth liberals out there, because to try and intellectualize with ya'll, I'd have to tie half my brain behind my back, just to make it fair  ;D :o ::)

:o

fabucat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 17, 2011, 05:48:26 PM

Ever heard of a place called North Korea? 

You might want to look up a few names - Stalin, Mao, Castro, Ho, Pol Pot, Hitler - that's where the Left would take us if they ever got control for good.  It's what they do.  And they love the man-made climate hoax - go figure.

Excuse me, but we live in the USA, which is FAR from being Communist.  Even most Communist countries are pretty shitty these days about being Communist.  China and Vietnam are doing excellently being capitalist.  There are only two *real* Communist countries:  North Korea and Cuba.  Cuba has recently instituted capitalist reforms. 

And you're worried about "the left" in the US turning this country Communist?  What "left"?  If you consider Obama, Schumer and Durbin to be "left", Jamie Diamond and Jeff Immelt will be laughing at you. 

In the USA no one can control you without your permission.  Only Alex Jones and you are worried about a Communist takeover in the USA.  Worrying about Communism is like worrying about the Vikings attacking.  Such things once were real threats, but now they are in history books. 

fabucat

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on September 17, 2011, 11:45:07 PM
Wow.  It is this kind of nonsense that makes me embarrassed to admit to being a conservative.  It's no wonder that folks on the left think we are a bunch of Neanderthals.

Pollution, climate change, global warming, call it what ever you want.  It is a scientific fact. There is some debate in the scientific community as to how bad it is - somewhere between really freaking bad and catastrophic - but that's it. Unfortunately, some on the right have exploited this debate in the scientific community to sow doubt in the minds of the general public, when there is really very close to unanimous opinion in the field to the reality of the issue.  You are free to believe what you want, that is fundamental human right, but don't mix your beliefs with fact.  You can also believe that the earth is flat, that humans walked the earth with dinosaurs a mere 4000 thousand years ago, or that evolution is a "theory" - but just like global warming, they are absolutely a scientific fact.

You may be a conservative, bro' but your belief in scientific fact and your use of Morrissey as an avatar would make you suspect in GOP circles.  Nevertheless you should stay the course as a conservative.  God knows they need your refined taste and common sense.