• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

When did you first listen to C2C ?

Started by pabigfoot, August 30, 2011, 08:31:35 AM

yumyumtree

1992, probably in the car at night, or maybe at home, when I just left the radio on, 570 KVI.

nextgen.fm

I can't remember clearly

Sometime 2006-2007 when art still hosted on weekends (i'm kind of a newb in that regard)

I remember turning on the big stereo in family room sitting there playing with my cat

And Art was on chewing someone out on the radio and then I heard CUSCO and from there on I was hooked

Stellar

Quote from: pabigfoot on August 30, 2011, 08:31:35 AM
  Local station WILK first ran Art on weekends, so I first got hooked in May 1997, listening with my 12 year old nephew outside a now defunct greasy spoon/truck stop in North Scranton where I would meet my sister after work for breakfast and watch the wildlife as they meandered into the 50s style restaurant. (Ha, maybe a fair demographic of those we hear on open lines today with GN)

Ok to be honest I have never heard one word from Art Bell and he seems to be a legend so here:

Wow his voice sounds sort of like a its a trained hypnotic type.  NO wonder, along with fasinating topics.   hmmmm live long a prosper!

John Titor - Art Bell Coast to Coast AM 4/5/2000 Time Travel

Grov505th

I was driving thru Texas and heard GN talking about shadow people I think it was in 99.  It was on some random AM station and it keep fading in and out.
Was kinda spooky

Tarbaby

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 31, 2013, 11:09:13 PM
I picked Art's show up sometime in the mid 90's before my kid went to school. I'd be up late reading and listening to the radio, and I found Art one night on a static-y out of state station down the dial. Then he came to NYC in '97, but my kid was in school by then so Art became a summer addiction.

Man, Curtis Sliwa did, as Eddie says, object to Art each and every morning when he started his show which is now long gone, Sliwa made a point of calling Art the Looney Kazooney from Parts Unknown.
I go way back with the  Art Bell show, must have been somewhere in the 90s. But can you or anyone tell me where the following places me: I was a member of the coast to coast bulletin board and I believe it was run at first by teeth and Mary Rowland. And Mary seemed to be the main boss because she shut the board down and wiped the database because of user squabbling. Then they reopened it and after a time she and Keith   had a falling out and I think she quit and he took over. But I remembers she insisted the user base wasn't showing proper decorum for a national radio show like Art's. Anyone go back that far? Might know what year this was? I also seem to remember the original bulletin board was coast to coast but the second one with Keith at the helm was Post to post… ??