• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most hated radio commercials anyone?

Started by rolindos, August 22, 2011, 02:21:30 PM

Robert

Quote from: Up All Night on May 26, 2017, 11:24:47 PMIn general, I dislike any commercials where music is played over someone talking. I know any commercial might lead in or lead out with music. But, I do not care for talking with some shitty fucking music playing behind it. Whomever though of this is the Devil!!
The unintentionally funniest one I recall like that was for a gas appliance dealer.  I think it was during Barry Farber's program on WMCA in the 1980s.  I phoned in to call att'n to it, asked the lady if she recognized the tune, she said, "Yes: Mash."  I said, "Suicide Is Painless [it was instrumental]...for a gas appliance dealer.  She drew in a breath thru her teeth, then said, "Oh, that's right!"  They changed it shortly afterward.

Those two with a slug telling the kid to go to the forest, and the one where the kid is telling the class about her trip to the forest. Any Progressive Insurance ad.
That ad where the guy is singing about the doing science experiment but would be a good parent or any of those ads where they sing the message about an inept oaf but would be a good parent-the singing messages are annoying.

Up All Night

Any of the "Medical Minute" ads I hear while streaming talk radio...

pate

I just heard a new (to me) PSA on the radio;  aired between 2:15pm(CST)-2:30pm(CST) on 980AM KMBZ:  subject was "...healthy news choices..." or something to that effect.

I found it to be quite eerie, and as of writing this post I have been unable to find an audio/video clip of the thing.  I assume it actually is new.

I would be interested in which 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit entity produced it.

-----------

That said, it is not yet my most hated PSA as I have only heard it once.  Apparently, 980AM(KMBZ) and most of the other talk stations in town are having trouble finding advertising revenue in the Business Advertising world as they seem to air PSAs constantly (which I think might be a bad sign for the health in general of the Talk Radio world).

Lately they have been airing (sometimes the same one twice in a row) PSAs about Food banks "...Micheal, from California, after paying my bills and rent it doesn't leave much for food..." &c I think there are two or three versions of this one...  heard it so many times I can quote it damn near verbatim while it is playing.   I hate this one simply because I am tired of hearing it.

Then there are the Alzheimers' ones;

#1 is Cynthia & Ed.  Cynthia is driving while demented and is stuck at a stop sign, her asshole son Ed let her get behind the wheel at 90 and she forgot where she was (a mile or so from her house, I think) and was "stuck" at a stop sign at a loss for what to do/where to go.
      #2 (a true steaming deuce) is Some Gay Professor (Tom) and his Gay Lover (Levi) {which incidentally is playing right now};  Tom is letting class out early and being generally gay butt he really loves Levi.  I suspect Levi actually is not concerned because Tom keeps fellating Levi and then promptly forgets only to do it again once Levi has recovered.  Levi wants Tom to quit teaching because dementia and just stay at home where Levi can fellate Tom all day or something.

My most hated PSA is the one about visiting "The Forest":  Jill squawks to the class about her Slug King, record breaking sprint to a HUUUGE OAK tree (or the Oak Tree is a record breaker, Nautical Shore), laying around telling stories, and
blubbity-bluh breathless something or another.  The "class" ooohs-&-ahs during the story and breaks out in a Portland/DC style-riot when invited to go along to "The Forest" (which isn't that far away) next weekend.  This is probably my most hated;  chiefly because I have heard it about a million times, second because the adult voice actress playing "Jill" sounds like she is gargling Creepy Joe's nuts and the copy sucks:  not convincing dialogue for a kid (uses somewhat arcane verbiage at some points).

-----------

More than anything else I am VERY interested in that first PSA at the beginning of this post. 

The one about "...healthy news choices..." (or news sources?), it seemed quite Orwellian in nature to me and seemed a violation in spirit of the 1st Amendment (FREE PRESS). 

I should be quite free to listen to ANY news source I want, especially ones I do not trust because they spew propaganda with loaded word choices in their copy... 

If anyone stumbles upon this particular one please share a link to the audio/video as I have not heard it often enough to parse what the "real" message is that theythe hobo elite are trying to get across.

Thank you in advance!  It is an honor to swerve.

pate/???? 2024
"??We will be Fixin' the Fixin's??