• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Alzheimers or early dementia for George?

Started by cartoonbear, August 19, 2011, 01:41:58 AM

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 24, 2011, 08:53:07 AM
While intriguing, experts caution that all these results are still preliminary. No one yet knows if turmeric will end up another herbal fad or make a lasting contribution to Western medicine.

Dr. David Knopman, an Alzheimer's researcher at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minn., said many ideas in his field come from animal work, and the potential of turmeric seems biologically plausible. But until these compounds are tested in people there is no way to know their full potential, he added.

I'd have to look further to see what's happened since 2006, but I doubt the Noory claims for turmeric have been scientifically supported or we'd have heard more about them.

Noory will support Turmeric in the same way he supports any guest when they're on the air, no matter how crazy, yet never follows up on them or holds their feet to the fire when they turn out to be wrong. If it is shown to be "another herbal fad" it simply won't be mentioned again. If it turns out to have legitimately beneficial qualities then we will not hear the end of "I was taking Turmeric before science ever knew about it and look what it did for me".

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 24, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
Noory will support Turmeric in the same way he supports any guest when they're on the air, no matter how crazy, yet never follows up on them or holds their feet to the fire when they turn out to be wrong. If it is shown to be "another herbal fad" it simply won't be mentioned again. If it turns out to have legitimately beneficial qualities then we will not hear the end of "I was taking Turmeric before science ever knew about it and look what it did for me".

You've got that right, A.O.  He's a total fraud.  In. My. Opinion. 

Quote from: Lovely Bones on September 25, 2011, 09:41:15 AM
You've got that right, A.O.  He's a total fraud.  In. My. Opinion.
Don't forget about the fixing of the horsecock market rumours....
I heard something about Noory and horsecock fraud.

Also heard he almost got his ass kicked by a mexican for looking at his blue el camino too long the other night.

Vic

Got to say I'm surprised by all the down comments about george.I always thought he was pretty good,interesting topics sometimes,if not then it's a good sleeping aid which I Try and do at that time of night anyway.It sounds like a George vs art conflict to me.Ive heard some  other pretty awful radio talkshow hosts in my time.

Vic

I guess this is a loose type message board/gab.Carry On aliens         ( :-*)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Vic on October 27, 2011, 06:10:30 AM
It sounds like a George vs art conflict to me.

Nah, Vic.

It's George vs. the standards of adequacy for a radio talk show host, and George doesn't measure up even on the adequacy scale.

The only way Art plays into the George Noory Sucks Equation: Art (or Premier) left a diamond in the hands of George Noory, and Noory turned it into a turd. 

BobGrau

Got to say I'm surprised by all the down comments about george.I always thought he was pretty good,interesting topics sometimes,if not then it's a good sleeping aid which I Try and do at that time of night anyway.It sounds like a George vs art conflict to me.Ive heard some  other pretty awful radio talkshow hosts in my time.

I used to think like this. Only time, and nightly injections of Noorismic Suckage, will bring you to this forum when you most need it.

Got to say I'm surprised by all the down comments about george.I always thought he was pretty good...

Can you give some examples of George being pretty good? 

Maybe some good questions he asked, or some astonishing comment or bit of info he was able to pull out of a guest?  A true follow up question of something interesting and unexpected a guest said, and not just moving on the the next random question his staff prepared for him?

11angeleyes11

Austism anyone?

No, let me be the devil's advocate.  This may not be the appropriate area or I may need to start a new thread, but here is the theory. George is a genius.  He knows that the masses of America have been dumbed down.  To reach those group, you must make subjects very elementary or they will change the radio channel.  Radio success with Clear Channel is ratings. To reach the vast majority of Americans, you must make complex subjects understandable.  George does that, he reaches the mass numbers of dumbed-down Americans and they listen.  Coast projects to a level that they can understand and not be lost.

Have you ever explained a complex thought to someone that has no clue about what you are talking about, and they don't really care?  Their eyes glaze over.  Well ears can glaze over, too.  If their ears glaze over they will not tune in again.  Those ears cannot be offended, and they are not.  They are fed the watered down questions and explanation of subjects.  You may have a PhD explaining cosmology and equations, and your average overnite worker cannot decipher that.  Now, if you break that down into "Will that astroid hit the moon and cause it to bump up against the earth?" is more brain friendly in the middle of the night.  George reins in complex thought and makes it easy on the mind. 

This is the theory of audience dumbification and ratings enhancement.  It is proven nightly.  I will gladly accept the Nobel ratings prize, just e-mail me in care of Coast Gab.

11angeleyes11

As a coincidental follow-up these websites were advertized at the bottom of this thread to those interested or in need of services:

Alzheimer's Foundation Help Alzheimers Disease and Dementia Caregivers . . . www.alzfdn.org
Free Online Radio Listen to Free Streaming Internet Radio Now with the Radio Toolbar www.RadioRage.com
5 Alzheimer's Symptoms 5 Symptoms of Alzheimer's You Need To Know. Early Diagnosis Is Vital. AuroraAlzCare.com

fysisist

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 27, 2011, 10:29:41 AM
Have you ever explained a complex thought to someone that has no clue about what you are talking about, and they don't really care?  Their eyes glaze over.  Well ears can glaze over, too.  If their ears glaze over they will not tune in again.  Those ears cannot be offended, and they are not.  They are fed the watered down questions and explanation of subjects.  You may have a PhD explaining cosmology and equations, and your average overnite worker cannot decipher that.  Now, if you break that down into "Will that astroid hit the moon and cause it to bump up against the earth?" is more brain friendly in the middle of the night.  George reins in complex thought and makes it easy on the mind. 

Yes, and on top of all that, he can continue his chronic masturbatory tendencies without missing a beat, so to speak, while doing the show.

Eddie Coyle

Got to say I'm surprised by all the down comments about george.I always thought he was pretty good
Is it April 1 already?

Morgus

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 27, 2011, 01:46:26 PM
      Is it April 1 already?
obviously its a Halloween "trick" rather than a "treat"  8)

No, let me be the devil's advocate.  This may not be the appropriate area or I may need to start a new thread, but here is the theory. George is a genius.  He knows that the masses of America have been dumbed down.  To reach those group, you must make subjects very elementary or they will change the radio channel.  Radio success with Clear Channel is ratings. To reach the vast majority of Americans, you must make complex subjects understandable.  George does that, he reaches the mass numbers of dumbed-down Americans and they listen.  Coast projects to a level that they can understand and not be lost.
Bullshit!

Really?

Weak.

Care to explain why George shits the bed every time he has a guest like Michio Kaku on? You can't get more complicated than that. George spouts one word questions and pre-canned responses whereas Art managed to engage both the guest and the audience.

Art thought about the subjects he presented. George does not.

It's a sad day when pandering to the lowest common denominator is now taken to "speaking to the people" or "connecting with the common man". Carl Sagan could have learned a thing or two from George Noory.

Give me a break.

... George is a genius.  He knows that the masses of America have been dumbed down...

George:  'When I was in school I didn't like it.  I wanted to go home an' play with my sisters.  I was probubly thuh first kid in my class to be dumbed down...'

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 27, 2011, 10:32:39 AM
As a coincidental follow-up these websites were advertized at the bottom of this thread to those interested or in need of services:

Alzheimer's Foundation Help Alzheimers Disease and Dementia Caregivers . . . www.alzfdn.org
Free Online Radio Listen to Free Streaming Internet Radio Now with the Radio Toolbar www.RadioRage.com
5 Alzheimer's Symptoms 5 Symptoms of Alzheimer's You Need To Know. Early Diagnosis Is Vital. AuroraAlzCare.com
Yes, they are for Noory. We are aware he visits here.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 27, 2011, 07:53:20 PM

George:  'When I was in school I didn't like it.  I wanted to go home an' play with my sisters.  I was probubly thuh first kid in my class to be dumbed down...'
Haha  ;D
In primary school, my class had this half-stupid kid that actually jumped up and cockslapped another classmate in the face with his schlong in the 4-6 grade restroom. Everyone found out about it too and the chap that took one in the face is scarred from it to this day I'm sure. Noory was the kid in everyone's class that was cockslapped by the retard. He's that guy 8)

Vic

I'm interested when he talks about end End Times Biblical topics.I agree some of the GOOFY topics like Ufos sasquatches and others are not that great,although I can sleep easier with george vs art bell on the rare night I sleep.I guess it's the voice.I will say I don't listen that close sometimes. Carry on