• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

wr250

shes my cherry pie once an hour on the radio at work.  usually followed soon thereafter by a similar song thats probably best left forgotton.

MABUSE

Right at this moment, what annoys me is 9.7 inches of rain in the last 4 hours, 3 1/2 feet of water in the street slowly creeping up to the front door, thunder and lightening of a nonstop force and intensity that reminds me of "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,"  the 1740's sermon written by Colonial theologian Jonathan Edwards, power flickering on and off in counter point to the strobing lightning and 4 large, very upset dogs all cowering around me in terror.  I am NOT best pleased.

Heather Wade

Quote from: MABUSE on May 26, 2015, 12:47:32 AM
Right at this moment, what annoys me is 9.7 inches of rain in the last 4 hours, 3 1/2 feet of water in the street slowly creeping up to the front door, thunder and lightening of a nonstop force and intensity that reminds me of "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God,"  the 1740's sermon written by Colonial theologian Jonathan Edwards, power flickering on and off in counter point to the strobing lightning and 4 large, very upset dogs all cowering around me in terror.  I am NOT best pleased.

California would like a word with you, sir.

This relentless assault by the elements brings to mind, "something has awakened" and "a door has been opened."

At the very least, I superstitiously sense something has been broken by man's meddling and that soon, very soon, a cyclopean rip in the fabric of space-time will signal the end has come and that a research facility - hidden within a Shaver-esque earth - willingly planted the seed of destruction in the name of National Security!

I used to enjoy the rain, but now, approximately every other day, I feel as if I am in the midst of a forgotten Hopi legend that ends with nothing less than some monstrosity swallowing the sun and excreting chthonic toads.  >:(

Quote from: wr250 on May 25, 2015, 02:24:13 PM
  shes my cherry pie once an hour on the radio at work.  usually followed soon thereafter by a similar song thats probably best left forgotton.

That's brutal.

I recall being in a similar situation, a very long time ago. It was a crappy portable grayish silver radio, "shared" by the department, with no clear ownership, apparently left behind by a contractor or ex-employee.  Parts of it were broken off, taped back on. Buttons were missing. Only a few nitwits controlled what station to which it was tuned, forcing the group to listen to their station selection from that crackling excuse of a speaker.

So........

After having enough of this torture, I waited until I drew the night shift and had the place to myself.

I disassembled the radio and performed a subtle modification rendering the device inert.

Predictably, no one wanted to supply a replacement radio of their own. All that suffering I endured (weeks/months) was merely because the beat up radio was "free" to them and not of their investment.

Unlike what happened at Eleanore Rigby's grave, my sanity was thereby saved, thanks to my shrewd electronic scalpel.

It was either radio surgery or kill the nitwits.

They got off easy and I once again avoided prison.

wr250

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 26, 2015, 02:01:59 AM
That's brutal.

I recall being in a similar situation, a very long time ago. It was a crappy portable grayish silver radio, "shared" by the department, with no clear ownership, apparently left behind by a contractor or ex-employee.  Parts of it were broken off, taped back on. Buttons were missing. Only a few nitwits controlled what station to which it was tuned, forcing the group to listen to their station selection from that crackling excuse of a speaker.

So........

After having enough of this torture, I waited until I drew the night shift and had the place to myself.

I disassembled the radio and performed a subtle modification rendering the device inert.

Predictably, no one wanted to supply a replacement radio of their own. All that suffering I endured (weeks/months) was merely because the beat up radio was "free" to them and not of their investment.

Unlike what happened at Eleanore Rigby's grave, my sanity was thereby saved, thanks to my shrewd electronic scalpel.

It was either radio surgery or kill the nitwits.

They got off easy and I once again avoided prison.
im glad you avoided prison time and saved what sanity you have left.

LadyFish

Right at this moment, what annoys me is 9.7 inches of rain in the last 4 hours, 3 1/2 feet of water in the street slowly creeping up to the front door, thunder and lightening of a nonstop force and intensity ...
I hope you & your property are okay. Pictures of the flooding in Houston on TV look devastating.

MABUSE

Everything back to "normal" in my corner, much of the rest of the city still innundated.  Many without power.
Since this area is essentially a pool table with near -0- elevation to generate runoff and the soil is a clay mixture, we are in touble.
The ground has been super-saturated and the water just lays on the surface, nowhere to go and really no way to get there.
We have 30% chance of more heavy downpours every day for the rest of the week.
On the PLUS side, the back yard can be rented out as a film set for a Pearl S. Buck "blockbuster..."

MABUSE

... a cyclopean rip in the fabric of space-time..."

I feel as if I am in the midst of a forgotten Hopi legend that ends with nothing less than some monstrosity swallowing the sun and excreting chthonic toads.  >:(
[/quote]

Brother, you said it!

I HEARD the cyclopean rip, the deafening roar of nonstop thunder and a tornado 1/4 mile off, strobe-lit by multi-tentacled lightning.

As to Hopi Legend, may I suggest you watch Peter Weir's "The Last Wave?"  Different culture, similair nightmare.
**M**

aldousburbank

People who don't have a clue and assume that I have the same affliction. What, do I look as stupid as you? Wait, don't answer that. At least my stupidity is an act, knowsayin? No I guess you wouldn't. I don't mind you talking as long as you don't mind me not listening. Dumb clucks.

Imconfused

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 26, 2015, 10:41:12 AM
People who don't have a clue and assume that I have the same affliction. What, do I look as stupid as you? Wait, don't answer that. At least my stupidity is an act, knowsayin? No I guess you wouldn't. I don't mind you talking as long as you don't mind me not listening. Dumb clucks.

wow,  and imagine I thought I was the only one.  this makes me feel  soo goood!

dammit,  again the wrong thread!

fukit.

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 26, 2015, 09:55:27 PM
When friends die.
Condolences. I hate it when that happens too.

Paradox

Quote from: MABUSE on May 26, 2015, 09:57:19 AM
Everything back to "normal" in my corner, much of the rest of the city still innundated.  Many without power.
Since this area is essentially a pool table with near -0- elevation to generate runoff and the soil is a clay mixture, we are in touble.
The ground has been super-saturated and the water just lays on the surface, nowhere to go and really no way to get there.
We have 30% chance of more heavy downpours every day for the rest of the week.
On the PLUS side, the back yard can be rented out as a film set for a Pearl S. Buck "blockbuster..."
Nice to see you are OK.  Sorry about the forecast though.  Sucks big time.

aldousburbank

Quote from: wr250 on May 27, 2015, 06:00:38 AM
my condolences to you aldous .
Thanks amigos y amiga. On the bright side, her memorial service will make for a beautiful gathering of friends this weekend in the red rocks of Arizona land. Obla di, obla da.

PathoJen

When you go on a surf trip and your 9 year old son tells you while we are gone you can't look at bellgab.

onan

Quote from: PathoJen on May 27, 2015, 08:48:07 AM
When you go on a surf trip and your 9 year old son tells you while we are gone you can't look at bellgab.

I believe at nine it is still legal to put them up for adoption.

PathoJen

Quote from: onan on May 27, 2015, 08:54:52 AM
I believe at nine it is still legal to put them up for adoption.
Yea maybe but I'll need him when I'm old. So there's that.

albrecht

Getting all our rain at once and flooding things. Thankfully my properties are ok, just water-logged but no damages or worse deaths unlike so many others. Also, insult to injury Obama says my yards are now under his control because they are all now wetlands and large puddles. Luckily they will revert to my control come later summer when they become desert-like again.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/27/obama-admin-asserts-dominion-over-creeks-streams-w/

Paradox

Quote from: albrecht on May 27, 2015, 11:04:23 AM
Also, insult to injury Obama says my yards are now under his control because they are all now wetlands and large puddles. Luckily they will revert to my control come later summer when they become desert-like again.
Oh if only that were true. Unfortunately with the recent rain/flooding bringing the lakes and aquifer levels up and with the rainfall totals returning to almost normal your yards are now considered to be seasonal wetlands.  As such they still are under the control of the EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers.

albrecht

Quote from: Paradox on May 27, 2015, 12:00:10 PM
Oh if only that were true. Unfortunately with the recent rain/flooding bringing the lakes and aquifer levels up and with the rainfall totals returning to almost normal your yards are now considered to be seasonal wetlands.  As such they still are under the control of the EPA and the Army Corps of Engineers.
Ah, I wonder if this has anything to do with Jade Helm  ;) (Actually some callers on my local AM had theories. One said the Hell's Angel fight in Waco was a part of Jade Helm ; more recently a guy called into say that the rains and floods were about Jade Helm, and HAARP was used to make the rain, as an excuse to bring FEMA in who, along with the Special Ops troops under Jade Helm, will take over Texas.)
That would annoy me.

Paradox

Quote from: albrecht on May 27, 2015, 12:19:05 PM
Ah, I wonder if this has anything to do with Jade Helm  ;) (Actually some callers on my local AM had theories. One said the Hell's Angel fight in Waco was a part of Jade Helm ; more recently a guy called into say that the rains and floods were about Jade Helm, and HAARP was used to make the rain, as an excuse to bring FEMA in who, along with the Special Ops troops under Jade Helm, will take over Texas.)
That would annoy me.
You and me both! 

pate

Paradox

Quote from: pate on May 28, 2015, 02:02:13 AM
Cable Companies...
Cable Companies are the Devul!
Effin spawn of satan they are.

The General

"wag more,
bark less."
fuck you.

ItsOver

Quote from: PathoJen on May 27, 2015, 09:07:09 AM
Yea maybe but I'll need him when I'm old. So there's that.
I sincerely hope you can find him when you need him and he wants to be found.