• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on May 20, 2015, 07:03:04 PM
My wife wanted to order from the States 20 cool (and cheap) tin lunch boxes (10 with princesses and 10 with super heroes) as a take home present for my daughters birthday party.

We were quoted $500 for shipping for a $40 purchase. It was almost cheaper for me to buy a ticket to pick it up myself.

No thank you.
:o They were probably made-in-china so drop shipping from the factory might be cheaper. Or hire someone for you. I've done it back in the with some microprocessors and diamonds (where value of items and small size and needed quick delivery make it a viable option.) There is a new company tiring to make this old-style courier service more Uber-like (if you are traveling you can make some $ bringing stuff over for someone.) Check your packages though. Wouldn't want to get caught with some stuff. Not sure it will take-off but interesting idea.
http://www.gocarry.it/

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2015, 12:03:37 PM
   Add Jimmy Kimmel to the list.

I'm sure Methuselah Letterman will get weepy tonight as well.

As a Hoosier and fellow Indy native I want to say I'm sorry for David Letterman being forced onto you all. Bring on Colbert even though late night needs a lady and/or some color for once... and the lack there of is pretty sad.

/I have made it to the same age Jesus was when he was crucified, but have hardly done anything to deserve the same treatment. Too much slacking.

bateman

Quote from: albrecht on May 20, 2015, 07:09:48 PM
:o They were probably made-in-china so drop shipping from the factory might be cheaper. Or hire someone for you. I've done it back in the with some microprocessors and diamonds (where value of items and small size and needed quick delivery make it a viable option.) There is a new company tiring to make this old-style courier service more Uber-like (if you are traveling you can make some $ bringing stuff over for someone.) Check your packages though. Wouldn't want to get caught with some stuff. Not sure it will take-off but interesting idea.
http://www.gocarry.it/

Are you Jack Nicholson in The Departed?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 20, 2015, 04:35:49 PM
Admittedly, I long for that sweet window of time spanning more than 270 million years when trilobites flourished. The trilobites had many life styles and had good taste in food.

Though it seems like only a million years have passed, the last of the trilobites went dark about 250 million years ago. I can still smell the brine. It was the end of a good span.

Now, it's nothing but Hula Hoops, Frisbees, and your goddamned Super Balls.

It has all gone to Hell in a rubber Wham-O hand basket.

The next mass extinction event will clear you disrespectful lifeforms out and we'll have a nice neighborhood again. We can wait. We've waited this long. Evolution repeats itself. The trilobite tribe shuffleboard club will return.

(Don't let the Quaternary period hit you in the ass on your way out.)

Cam!   ;D  Sup!

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on May 20, 2015, 07:03:04 PM
My wife wanted to order from the States 20 cool (and cheap) tin lunch boxes (10 with princesses and 10 with super heroes) as a take home present for my daughters birthday party.

We were quoted $500 for shipping for a $40 purchase. It was almost cheaper for me to buy a ticket to pick it up myself.

No thank you.

Heck, I can buy them & ship them to you for * $350.

* (friend pricing)

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on May 20, 2015, 07:22:49 PM
Heck, I can buy them & ship them to you for * $350.

* (friend pricing)

That is almost too good to be true. You can have this bridge as a thank you. *

* Opera House not included unless there is some wiggle room on your fee.

eddie dean

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 20, 2015, 04:35:49 PM
Admittedly, I long for that sweet window of time spanning more than 270 million years when trilobites flourished. The trilobites had many life styles and had good taste in food.

Though it seems like only a million years have passed, the last of the trilobites went dark about 250 million years ago. I can still smell the brine. It was the end of a good span.

Now, it's nothing but Hula Hoops, Frisbees, and your goddamned Super Balls.

It has all gone to Hell in a rubber Wham-O hand basket.

The next mass extinction event will clear you disrespectful lifeforms out and we'll have a nice neighborhood again. We can wait. We've waited this long. Evolution repeats itself. The trilobite tribe shuffleboard club will return.

(Don't let the Quaternary period hit you in the ass on your way out.)

Ahh the good ole' days!
Speaking of disrespectful lifeforms, The trilobite version of George Noory sucked then too! ;)
Too soon?

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on May 20, 2015, 07:15:30 PM
Are you Jack Nicholson in The Departed?

;) No, everything was legal, especially on the chips. Just so $$ and needed very quickly demand cheaper/reliable to courier them. (At that time also gangs were stealing chips and mfgs buying them back and so even questions about using normal shippers and freight forwarders, bonded warehouses, etc a bit. ) The diamond stuff was also, basically, legal or at least not organized crime and any customs/tax issues are long past statute of limitations and were for personal use taking advantage of some arbitrage. I think many/most diamond merchants still use couriers, some even "plainclothes" in some circumstance.

wr250

oh good , its a 2 hour suckvivor. id rather torture myself with some noory instead.

lonevoice

Quote from: TenaciousJ on May 20, 2015, 12:33:30 PM
is there anyone here who isn't a crusty old man

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 20, 2015, 07:14:06 PM
As a Hoosier and fellow Indy native I want to say I'm sorry for David Letterman being forced onto you all.

I remember watching Letterman when I was a kid and thinking his bit with the velcro suit was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.   Seeing him years later, I wondered when he became so stale, bitter and not funny.  He should have retired much earlier.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on May 20, 2015, 07:28:40 PM
That is almost too good to be true. You can have this bridge as a thank you. *

* Opera House not included unless there is some wiggle room on your fee.

No deal,
I already own both.
thanks to DaBlues for the deal! 
Still waiting for the certificate of ownership 8)

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 20, 2015, 07:22:04 PM
Cam!   ;D  Sup!

Always a pleasure to encounter the effervescent Red.

Quote from: eddie dean on May 20, 2015, 07:33:05 PM
Ahh the good ole' days!
Speaking of disrespectful lifeforms, The trilobite version of George Noory sucked then too! ;)
Too soon?

Unimaginably, it gets worse. Evidence suggests that Noory suckage existed in  pre-Cambrian forms.  :(

eddie dean

Quote from: lonevoice on May 20, 2015, 08:43:57 PM

I remember watching Letterman when I was a kid and thinking his bit with the velcro suit was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.   Seeing him years later, I wondered when he became so stale, bitter and not funny.  He should have retired much earlier.

So many funny moments: The Alka Seltzer suit, stupid pet tricks, top 10 list & the roller coaster style audience cam. The Andy Kaufman/ Lawler feud!
I remember thinking how edgy and hip Dave was, when compared to Carson. The Tonight show was good too, but Late Night was unique and different, which in turn, attracted a younger audience.

Kaufman vs Lawler: http://youtu.be/11T_-k7ckrg

jazmunda

The liquor store near my house has run out of beer. WTF!?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

https://youtu.be/VmW-ScmGRMA

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on May 20, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

AKA, "get rid of the deadbeat Wino" excuse.

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2015, 09:57:51 PM
  AKA, "get rid of the deadbeat Wino" excuse.

I have no idea what your are implying sir. hiccup.

Quote from: jazmunda on May 20, 2015, 09:50:04 PM

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

https://youtu.be/VmW-ScmGRMA

When your wife said "Hey, Jaz.  The liquor store called.  They're running out of beer!" she was just kidding.

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 20, 2015, 06:58:28 PM
I saw the Ghostbusters & Gremlins double feature at a drive-in when it came out.

I used to play Beatles 45's on a record player.  The kind that had a skinny spindle and you had to put one of those round things in the middle to hold it and keep it playing properly. And it came in a little suitcase thing where you could close the lid and carry it with you. Along with lugging the little box full of all the other 45's.    ;D

I watched him when he was on in the mornings. I saw the live broadcast of the time his set actually caught fire and everyone, at first, thought it was a prank. By the time they convinced the audience that they should think about evacuating, they had it out and no one left anyway.   :o

Nick el Ass

Something tells me once a Dave is around for too long they stop caring, and just stick around for the love of the money. Sadly it has been about 20 years for Letterman... and 12 for Noory. Plus sleeping with all his interns/writers didn't help Letterman a bit, and Noory needs to learn his sleazy advances on LMH will never work. Now I think most guys named Dave are just creeps is that bad?!?

/The fact that Leno got The Tonight Show over him also made Letterman really bitter. He was a weatherman here in Indy, and good at it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Treading Water on May 21, 2015, 09:52:02 AM
I used to play Beatles 45's on a record player.  The kind that had a skinny spindle and you had to put one of those round things in the middle to hold it and keep it playing properly. And it came in a little suitcase thing where you could close the lid and carry it with you. Along with lugging the little box full of all the other 45's.    ;D

Ha haa!  I had one of those 45 players in the box, with the built in speaker.  The only 45 I had was Quiet Riot "Bang Your Head" though.  Good times, but damn, I'm old now.

onan

Kids!... When I was a kid, we had rocks. And we would play our music on rocks.

wr250

the 1st world problems thread comes up blank ....
#firstworldproblems

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 21, 2015, 05:11:46 PM
Something tells me once a Dave is around for too long they stop caring, and just stick around for the love of the money. Sadly it has been about 20 years for Letterman... and 12 for Noory. Plus sleeping with all his interns/writers didn't help Letterman a bit, and Noory needs to learn his sleazy advances on LMH will never work. Now I think most guys named Dave are just creeps is that bad?!?

/The fact that Leno got The Tonight Show over him also made Letterman really bitter. He was a weatherman here in Indy, and good at it.

Yeah..so bitter. He's gnashing his teeth all the way to the bank.

LadyFish

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 21, 2015, 11:20:11 PM
Ha haa!  I had one of those 45 players in the box, with the built in speaker.  The only 45 I had was Quiet Riot "Bang Your Head" though.  Good times, but damn, I'm old now.
I had a case full of 45s. I remember my Dad telling me that I should be saving my babysitting money instead of blowing it all on 45s. The Beatles had already broken up when I started buying.  I had Paul McCartney & Wings' 45 "Band  on the Run" with the big green apple label.

Imconfused

Hi guys,

OK,  so let me see.  It's Sunday,  I just got off of work.  No problems there.  I'm off tomorrow.  Also,  no problems.  This is a very strange feeling,  I actually have nothing to be annoyed about. 

Perhaps I should take this to the "Things That Bring Me Joy" thread.  But then again,  I'm afraid to open that one. 

PS

MV,  I was gonna comment on your new avatar,  but it would be pointless anyway.

eyenoeyeno

My fucking piece of shit fucked up hot water heater. 
Lighting it for third time in less than 24 hours.  This thing breaks all the fucking time same stupid part they keep replacing. But when i ask each time, "can I have a new water heater?" NO! Of course not!
I will once again present my plea to my apartment manager.
of course it's always on a weekend it happens, and often  a holiday! And now creepy dude has to come back to my apartment,  again, and fix the dam thing.
In the mean time, I will monitor my pilot light for 20 min prior to showering  to make sure I at least get hotwater.
Ugh

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on May 25, 2015, 11:52:04 AM
My fucking piece of shit fucked up hot water heater. 
Lighting it for third time in less than 24 hours.  This thing breaks all the fucking time same stupid part they keep replacing. But when i ask each time, "can I have a new water heater?" NO! Of course not!
I will once again present my plea to my apartment manager.
of course it's always on a weekend it happens, and often  a holiday! And now creepy dude has to come back to my apartment,  again, and fix the dam thing.
In the mean time, I will monitor my pilot light for 20 min prior to showering  to make sure I at least get hotwater.
Ugh

And now it's making  funny noises

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on May 25, 2015, 11:53:24 AM
And now it's making  funny noises
I am not going to fucking say that's what he said.