• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

ItsOver

Furious 7 is number one at the box office, followed by Mall Cop 2.  There is no hope.   No wonder Noory is still on the radio. 

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 19, 2015, 07:46:49 PM
My NorCal home is a freekin' ornithological dream, the sound of birds pretty much filling every moment of the day.
That's not the annoying part.
It's the woodpeckers knocking on my roof like Jehova Witnesses on meth and rolling their nuts around from dawn to dusk. Tappy little fuks.

When the local mockingbird is looking for a mate, it sounds like there are 300 birds out in my yard

Honorary university degrees.  They devalue the hard work of countless students who actually go through the hard work of getting one.  Sure they are mostly ceremonial but it's still a pet peeve.

maureen

A Mexican saying: a lot of noise for a few nuts! - like a squirrel dropping a nut down a drainpipe. It's applicable to so many moments, as when we hear of C2C. Or as Shakespeare would have it, "...full of sound and fury signifying nothing!"

i can't stop watching this and damn you MV for it!

Quote from: maureen on April 21, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
A Mexican saying: a lot of noise for a few nuts! - like a squirrel dropping a nut down a drainpipe. It's applicable to so many moments, as when we hear of C2C. Or as Shakespeare would have it, "...full of sound and fury signifying nothing!"

or his other quote,
Quotewhere the hell is my pen!

sorry 8)

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 19, 2015, 08:24:22 PM
Furious 7 is number one at the box office, followed by Mall Cop 2.  There is no hope.   No wonder Noory is still on the radio.

Some believe that our sun will implode the day Mall Cop 7 is released.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: zeebo on April 21, 2015, 07:55:00 PM
Some believe that our sun will implode the day Mall Cop 7 is released.

I'm hoping for a complete Solar System Failure the minute Mall Cop 3 is green lighted.

It should have exploded after the second one. My god, it was horrible!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 21, 2015, 10:17:42 PM
It should have exploded after the second one. My god, it was horrible!

Oh, no.  Here I was thinking that I was part of the "healing of humanity."  We are so totally different politically, but have had many wonderfully respectful and polite conversations with one another.  And now I find out that you have actually seen the Paul Mall 2 film??  Too much over the edge for me....Pfffft!
:P
My niece is Begggggggging me to take her to see this.  Damn, her dad is going to owe me BIG TIME!!  Ha.

Driving home today and noticing in the rear-view mirror---a nasty, old wasp, LARGER than a humming bird buzzing around my back window.  Realizing that it had gotten in two days ago when I had the windows OPEN for a crummy half hour put the icing on THAT cake.   Eeeewwwww!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 19, 2015, 08:44:20 PM
When the local mockingbird is looking for a mate, it sounds like there are 300 birds out in my yard

The mocker in my backyard consistently pwns me. I'm pathetic. I run out all "OMG!!! A chickadee!" and that thing is sitting on the fence mocking me.

bateman

This is literally the dumbest thing I have read in months.

QuoteAn eight-year-old girl in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que. was told she's no longer allowed to read books on the school bus because it poses a risk to the safety of other students.

​Sarah Auger loves reading and used to enjoy using her 20-minute ride to and from school to read for pleasure.

But recently, her bus driver told her she had to stop.

She says she was told reading posed a risk to other students on the bus.

He suggested they might stand up to see what she was reading, or she might poke herself in the eye with the corners of the book.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-girl-told-to-stop-reading-book-by-school-bus-driver-1.3043652

Heather Wade

Quote from: Treading Water on April 22, 2015, 06:31:13 PM
Driving home today and noticing in the rear-view mirror---a nasty, old wasp, LARGER than a humming bird buzzing around my back window.  Realizing that it had gotten in two days ago when I had the windows OPEN for a crummy half hour put the icing on THAT cake.   Eeeewwwww!

There are wasps larger than hummingbirds?  Carpenter bees scare the hell out of me.  That's some horror movie shit right there.

One time was driving on the freeway with window down, felt something blow into the car and under my shirt collar.  Thought it was just a small piece of trash or something, reached under my shirt and grabbed it between my thumb and index finger to get it out.  Turns out it was a bee, and it stung me hard on the finger.  To which I responded by smashing it to bits with said fingers.  All the while (mostly) keeping my eyes on the road and maintaining the same speed. 8)

So yes, having to deal with bugs/insects/winged creatures/spiders as you are driving is very annoying.

Oh yeah and there are wasps/hornets larger than hummingbirds out there, like the Tarantula Hawk Wasp and the Asian Giant Hornet...

Sleep well ;D

bateman

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 22, 2015, 09:18:14 PM
One time was driving on the freeway with window down, felt something blow into the car and under my shirt collar.  Thought it was just a small piece of trash or something, reached under my shirt and grabbed it between my thumb and index finger to get it out.  Turns out it was a bee, and it stung me hard on the finger.  To which I responded by smashing it to bits with said fingers.  All the while (mostly) keeping my eyes on the road and maintaining the same speed. 8)

So yes, having to deal with bugs/insects/winged creatures/spiders as you are driving is very annoying.

Oh yeah and there are wasps/hornets larger than hummingbirds out there, like the Tarantula Hawk Wasp and the Asian Giant Hornet...

Sleep well ;D

NOT COOL

Heather Wade

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 22, 2015, 09:18:14 PM

Sleep well ;D

Mother Nature is crazier than any of us.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on April 22, 2015, 08:51:18 PM
https://youtu.be/BwkdGr9JYmE

the idiots have won

I was almost beaten up at a hotel in Glasgow, Scotland because I was reading a book in the lobby.  One of the knuckle heads at the next table kept asking "Why the fuck is he readin' a book"?  He was getting irate. His friends finally calmed him down by saying that I must be from the University nearby.  But he was still fuming over it. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 22, 2015, 09:53:31 PM
I was almost beaten up at a hotel in Glasgow, Scotland because I was reading a book in the lobby.  One of the knuckle heads at the next table kept asking "Why the fuck is he readin' a book"?  He was getting irate. His friends finally calmed him down by saying that I must be from the University nearby.  But he was still fuming over it.
Looks like we got ourselves a READER!

albrecht

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 22, 2015, 09:53:31 PM
Nice. No Glasgow Kiss so you are ok! I love that city! Never a bad time. Once walking around with a gal from there (I'm not obviously) late at night and cold, misty rain and dark gray buildings and seemingly empty streets I commented : "this place is awesome, it always seems like an old horror movie". (She got very suspect of me ;)) Having said that I never got into a fight (there) despite some very interesting times. Crazy place. Love Old Firm times. Insanity. Also the Necropolis. Got some crazy good photos there and such awesome graves and creepiness. Some great beer and drink prices and nothing to do much of the year but drink, and fight, it seemed. (Having said that there are good museums etc that was taken too, I think because some gals at office thought I was getting a little too much into the drinking all the time.) And some of the best times ever was ceilidh dancing, screw the "clubs", that is where you have real fun! (Also because it recalled grade-school square dancing but, at that time, you didn't want to dance with girls. ha.)
To keep on thread I'm annoyed I can't get Tennets or Rangers games here.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 10:38:41 PM
Nice. No Glasgow Kiss so you are ok! I love that city! Never a bad time. Once walking around with a gal from there (I'm not obviously) late at night and cold, misty rain and dark gray buildings and seemingly empty streets I commented : "this place is awesome, it always seems like an old horror movie". (She got very suspect of me ;)) Having said that I never got into a fight (there) despite some very interesting times. Crazy place. Love Old Firm times. Insanity. Also the Necropolis. Got some crazy good photos there and such awesome graves and creepiness. Some great beer and drink prices and nothing to do much of the year but drink, and fight, it seemed. (Having said that there are good museums etc that was taken too, I think because some gals at office thought I was getting a little too much into the drinking all the time.) And some of the best times ever was ceilidh dancing, screw the "clubs", that is where you have real fun! (Also because it recalled grade-school square dancing but, at that time, you didn't want to dance with girls. ha.)
To keep on thread I'm annoyed I can't get Tennets or Rangers games here.

I loved Glasgow.  A group of American tourists once stopped me on the street and asked "is this all there is?"  Not sure what they were expecting, but NYC it isn't.  You have to be able to enjoy the ancient quaintness, nouveau French restaurants, bagpipes playing in the distance, and a quiet tour of Sauchiehall Street. 

Eddie Coyle

Fuckin' hayfever.

I'd imagine it would be even worse if I lived somewhere with lawns, yards and trees.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2015, 11:45:21 PM
    Fuckin' hayfever.

I'd imagine it would be even worse if I lived somewhere with lawns, yards and trees.

Yeah, it usually debilitates me a couple months every summer and makes the spring pretty miserable as well.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 22, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
Yeah, it usually debilitates me a couple months every summer and makes the spring pretty miserable as well.

It sucks. Mine's weird in that I see it subside during June-August, but then it returns as summer ends. Having to rub my eyes a few hundred times a day is the most annoying aspect. I already look like a bloodshot-eyed cokehead as is.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2015, 11:59:04 PM
   It sucks. Mine's weird in that I see it subside during June-August, but then it returns as summer ends. Having to rub my eyes a few hundred times a day is the most annoying aspect. I already look like a bloodshot-eyed cokehead as is.

I must have the opposite of whatever you have.  Mine ramps up until the end of June and then starts trailing off, but never really goes away until winter.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 23, 2015, 12:12:30 AM
I must have the opposite of whatever you have.  Mine ramps up until the end of June and then starts trailing off, but never really goes away until winter.

My family have exactly what you deal with. But mine comes with the first "warm" day, whether it's early March or mid-April and rages until the first stretch of hot weather. I despise the hot weather being a fair skinned Mick, but get relief from the allergies. Very strange. We haven't hit 70 yet in Boston, but I've already got my garbageman's tan.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 23, 2015, 12:30:33 AM
   My family have exactly what you deal with. But mine comes with the first "warm" day, whether it's early March or mid-April and rages until the first stretch of hot weather. I despise the hot weather being a fair skinned Mick, but get relief from the allergies. Very strange. We haven't hit 70 yet in Boston, but I've already got my garbageman's tan.

That's gotta suck coming out of that long winter and immediately having to deal with that.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 23, 2015, 01:22:23 AM
That's gotta suck coming out of that long winter and immediately having to deal with that.

Terribly long winter, but my allergies began last week-so that's not so bad. Then again, the once 18 foot snowbank(Feb 16 was it's peak) in front of my house didn't finally vanish until April 12...