• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Heather Wade

Glad all of you are ok.  Damn, guys.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 26, 2015, 09:42:17 PM
I hear ya. I had a blowout at highspeed with my whole family in the car. Changing the tire on the side of the freeway with cars whizzing past at 100 kph (62 mph) was one of the scariest things I have ever done in my life.

I'm glad you are ok as well! People die ever year getting hit by another car while changing a tire.

30,000 or so American deaths yearly due to automobile accidents. Insane.

Forget the war on terror, let's send troops to auto manufacturers, damaged road locations, and bars to enforce better design, perform urgent repairs, and stop a few drunk drivers by giving them a ride home in cool army jeeps.

b_dubb

Thugs annoy the fuck out of me. Or losers who fancy themselves thugs.

I was taking a leak at work when some tool who just got done taking a deuce decides he's going to talk to me. At first I thought he was talking to someone else and then I realize he was talking to me. He asked me if I'd heard him. I said yeah. He explains how I have poor manners for not responding to him and that as a business man I should know better. I informed him that when I'm in the restroom I tend to mind my own business and leave people the fuck alone. He reiterated his position that I had poor manners but wanted to introduce himself and shake hands. I told him to leave me alone and just get away from. Instead of a handshake he offered a fist bump. I declined and repeated that he should leave me alone. He repeated his assertion that I had poor manners for not acknowledging him. At this point I checked to see if I had my blade in my pocket as now I'm wondering if this freak show is going to come after me. I repeared that I wanted to be left alone. He finally went back to his desk. I immediately went into his bosses office and asked him what was the deal with that dude? I explained - roughly - what had happened and his boss said he'd talk to him. I packed my things and left the office at that point.

That episode made no sense to me. how fragile he must be. I'm such a scoundrel. Really the whole fucking planet should've stopped just to make sure his precious feelings weren't hurt.

I've noticed when I'm in Cincinnati that other young black men - like the one that wanted to make chit chat in the bathroom at the place I rent an office suite at - basically demand that you acknowledge them. They make a big deal about how I don't say anything to them. I always thought you were supposed to avoid eye contact and mind your own business to stay out of trouble. But is trouble unavoidable? Is this some kind of new agenda for young black men? "You will not ignore me".

I think this is bad news if this is some kind of trend.  Makes me think I should get a conceal carry and a new bullet proof vest.

albrecht

Quote from: b_dubb on March 26, 2015, 11:03:26 PM

I was taking a leak at work when some tool who just got done taking a deuce decides he's going to talk to me. At first I thought he was talking to someone else and then I realize he was talking to me. He asked me if I'd heard him. I said yeah. He explains how I have poor manners for not responding to him and that as a business man I should know better. I informed him that when I'm in the restroom I tend to mind my own business and leave people the fuck alone. He reiterated his position that I had poor manners but wanted to introduce himself and shake hands. I told him to leave me alone and just get away from. Instead of a handshake he offered a fist bump. I declined and repeated that he should leave me alone. He repeated his assertion that I had poor manners for not acknowledging him. At this point I checked to see if I had my blade in my pocket as now I'm wondering if this freak show is going to come after me. I repeared that I wanted to be left alone. He finally went back to his desk. I immediately went into his bosses office and asked him what was the deal with that dude? I explained - roughly - what had happened and his boss said he'd talk to him. I packed my things and left the office at that point.

That episode made no sense to me. how fragile he must be. I'm such a scoundrel. Really the whole fucking planet should've stopped just to make sure his precious feelings weren't hurt.

I've noticed when I'm in Cincinnati that other young black men - like the one that wanted to make chit chat in the bathroom at the place I rent an office suite at - basically demand that you acknowledge them. They make a big deal about how I don't say anything to them. I always thought you were supposed to avoid eye contact and mind your own business to stay out of trouble. But is trouble unavoidable? Is this some kind of new agenda for young black men? "You will not ignore me".

I think this is bad news if this is some kind of trend.  Makes me think I should get a conceal carry and a new bullet proof vest.
That is bizarre, though that I guess was already explained with doing business in Cincinnati with young black men. Good for you but, not, necessarily, the best business model. I wish you the best. Lock and load. And, yes, vest also.

b_dubb

The bathroom exchange happened in small town Troy, OH. My interactions with young-ish black dudes in Cinci takes place downtown on the to and from work and lunch.

Thugs are everywhere it would seem.

jazmunda

I never make eye contact or chit chat in public restrooms. I always try to use the disabled toilets to avoid such occurrences. Hey I'm not an asshole for using the disabled restroom. I always make sure I limp in and out.

Eddie Coyle

Oh look, a commercial for fuckin' credit cards with Samuel L Jackson and Spike Lee.

Whores who think they're activists. Green Dollars matter. It should be for Mastercard. These two are closer to the Cream of Wheat guy than Dick Gregory.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 26, 2015, 11:49:19 PM
I never make eye contact or chit chat in public restrooms. I always try to use the disabled toilets to avoid such occurrences. Hey I'm not an asshole for using the disabled restroom. I always make sure I limp in and out.

The key here is to stay away from public restrooms. I can safely say, I have not used a public toilet in over 20 years. And with any luck, that record will remain intact until my, not too far in the future, demise.

Juan

Learn to say "I don't speak English" in various languages. I find Serbo-Croatian very effective regardless of the race or sex of the antagonist.

pate

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 27, 2015, 01:47:26 AM

The key here is to stay away from public restrooms. I can safely say, I have not used a public toilet in over 20 years. And with any luck, that record will remain intact until my, not too far in the future, demise.

I often use the urinals in the airport! 

Let's us get in a fracas! 

You better be Hulk (or Hogan) to be that disrespect...

Otherwise, someone dies and I'd best crash my plane into that mountain...

Too soon?

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on March 26, 2015, 11:03:26 PM

did you at least offer him a tube of Taintco butthurt cream before you left?

wr250

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 27, 2015, 01:47:26 AM

so you use the that homeless mans box in the alley?

wr250

so your site has a facebook/twitter/pintrest/whatever sidebar thats already annoying enough.why oh why do you feel the need to add a facebook/twitter/pintrest,etc html 5 popup? WHY?

i dont use any of that stuff, and only have a google+  account because google forced me to in order to have a google play account. it remains disused.

/*edit*/
this makes me want to switch to lynx as my primary browser. pure text. no html5 popups, no java/javascript,no flash ,no scripts at all.
just pure plain old text.

Quote from: wr250 on March 27, 2015, 07:31:52 AM
this makes me want to switch to lynx as my primary browser. pure text. no html5 popups, no java/javascript,no flash ,no scripts at all.
just pure plain old text.

I respect such purity. Bloatweb is exponentially invading the simplest of surfing tasks.

Facebook and others are giant cancers out of control. The majority of websites are as or more annoying to browse than watching broadcast television.

Tech is potentially a killer of the human spirit. You have to command it, and not allow bastardized tech to command you.

I'm considering moving to a location within site of Ayer's Rock - and only occasionally using satellite communication if/when I desire a break from holding palaver with Philip K. Dick's ghost in the Dreamtime.

I'm only half joking.

[attachimg=1]

pate

wr250

free catheter ads on tv , variation of this one was on a bit ago:

AMC Catheter 'Sample Pack' ad - May 2014

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: wr250 on March 27, 2015, 11:59:58 AM
free catheter ads on tv , variation of this one was on a bit ago:

I'm a sucker for those hot sexy horrible transvaginal mesh mishap lawsuit ads.

PChirp

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 27, 2015, 12:19:24 PM
   I'm a sucker for those hot sexy horrible transvaginal mesh mishap lawsuit ads.

LMAO!  Let us not forget the trolling tort lawyer adverts for Risperdal male "mantit" manifestations.  That's certainly NOT to say the transvaginal mesh and catheter ads aren't any more annoying.  I'm 'happy' to hear the ads are making the rounds nationwide.   >:(

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: PChirp on March 27, 2015, 02:28:54 PM
Let us not forget the trolling tort lawyer adverts for Risperdal male "mantit" manifestations.  That's certainly NOT to say the transvaginal mesh and catheter ads aren't any more annoying.  I'm 'happy' to hear the ads are making the rounds nationwide.   >:(

Being a fogey who basically only watches The Rockford Files, Barney Miller and Night Gallery-I only see commercials that range from tort exploitation to mortality reminders. I have the viewing habits of someone who died when the Berlin Wall was standing.

when I walk into a store and get stuck behind the assholes that are oblivious to other people in the store. they walk all slow and shit then just stop right in front of me causing me to alter my course or run into them. even more annoying is when they have the audacity to give me a dirty look or say some shit like "excuse you" with an attitude. Makes me just want to punch my fist through the back of their head and rip their fucking face off! 

Or people who throw trash out the window while driving or while parked in a parking lot. Had a guy last night in the parking lot of the building I work leave his trash right outside his car door while waiting to pick up whoever he was picking up when there was a garbage can 20 feet away. I wanted to say something but I don't think It would have ended well. i'm not one for confrontation when there is a potential for physical altercation. not that I'm scared it's that i don't trust myself.       

bateman

Quote from: douche nugget destoryer on March 27, 2015, 02:50:04 PM
when I walk into a store and get stuck behind the assholes that are oblivious to other people in the store. they walk all slow and shit then just stop right in front of me causing me to alter my course or run into them. even more annoying is when they have the audacity to give me a dirty look or say some shit like "excuse you" with an attitude. Makes me just want to punch my fist through the back of their head and rip their fucking face off! 

THIS happens all the fucking time here in NY. I wish I had a cattle prod.

PChirp

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 27, 2015, 02:36:20 PM
   ...I only see commercials that range from tort exploitation to mortality reminders...

Speaking of mortality/morality reminders, try BET late night televangelist infomercials.  Holy shit.  Who knew Peter Popoff, Creeflo Dollar et al were still 'running the racket' in 2015?!?  Yes sir, a special place in hell indeed.  Prime example as to what annoys...ok, entertains me...during bouts of insomnia.  Did I REALLY admit that I view this stuff publicly? 

ManiacMatt

Quote from: bateman on March 27, 2015, 02:58:04 PM
THIS happens all the fucking time here in NY. I wish I had a cattle prod.

This and when people walk through a door and stop, still blocking the pathway, as if they are the only ones there.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: PChirp on March 27, 2015, 03:04:13 PM
Speaking of mortality/morality reminders, try BET late night televangelist infomercials.  Holy shit.  Who knew Peter Popoff, Creeflo Dollar et al were still 'running the racket' in 2015?!?  Yes sir, a special place in hell indeed.  Prime example as to what annoys...ok, entertains me...during bouts of insomnia.  Did I REALLY admit that I view this stuff publicly?

I can't be bothered with such silliness as I watch the DayStar sharathon. They have John Hagee and Hal Lindsey!

I miss the BET that aired "That's My Mama" reruns overnight. (1984)

bateman

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 27, 2015, 03:10:47 PM
This and when people walk through a door and stop, still blocking the pathway, as if they are the only ones there.

I don't get it. What do they think is going to happen? The lack of spatial awareness is stunning.

PChirp

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 27, 2015, 03:19:31 PM
    I can't be bothered with such silliness as I watch the DayStar sharathon. They have John Hagee and Hal Lindsey!

I miss the BET that aired "That's My Mama" reruns overnight. (1984)

DayStar TV = Joni Lamb & Marcus = " bloomer puddin' "   ;D  Ashamed I missed those "That's My Mama" reruns.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on March 27, 2015, 03:22:24 PM
I don't get it. What do they think is going to happen? The lack of spatial awareness is stunning.

This shits me to tears. It's not just stores either; it's out on the street too. Some people just have no awareness or plain just don't care about what or who is around them. I can understand someone stopping on an empty street or empty mall but to just stop dead in your tracks on a crowded or busy street is just mind boggling. And then to have the nerve to give me a greasy look when I slam my kids stroller into you. Fuck you.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: PChirp on March 27, 2015, 03:25:19 PM

DayStar TV = Joni Lamb & Marcus = " bloomer puddin' "   ;D  Ashamed I missed those "That's My Mama" reruns.

Marcus looks like Dennis Miller as a Quinn Martin villain. 

I think the "That's My Mama" episodes were erased and replaced with the Ron Glass/Demond Wilson version of The Odd Couple.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 03:52:59 PM
This shits me to tears. It's not just stores either; it's out on the street too. Some people just have no awareness or plain just don't care about what or who is around them. I can understand someone stopping on an empty street or empty mall but to just stop dead in your tracks on a crowded or busy street is just mind boggling. And then to have the nerve to give me a greasy look when I slam my kids stroller into you. Fuck you.

You didn't get the memo that the world revolves around them?  Neither did I.   :-\