• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

pyewacket

Quote from: Azzerae on February 24, 2015, 02:23:01 PM
Hey Pye, be thankful- some of us has never seen snow! Haw haw.

Aw, Azzerae- I'd hate to think of you missing out on the many delights of snow. There's a way for you to enjoy it, too!

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/02/not-enough-winter-in-your-life-theres-an-actual-boston-company-offering-to-sell-bottles-of-snow/

;D

Quote from: pyewacket on February 24, 2015, 03:48:32 PM
Aw, Azzerae- I'd hate to think of you missing out on the many delights of snow. There's a way for you to enjoy it, too!

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2015/02/not-enough-winter-in-your-life-theres-an-actual-boston-company-offering-to-sell-bottles-of-snow/

;D

Sounds like a scheme Eddie Coyle would concoct.  I wonder if you can return it if it's yellow.

Quote from: pyewacket on February 24, 2015, 03:48:32 PM

;D

I tried going into business doing that once, but apparently the post office emptied all the bottles and replaced the contents with water.  Something about cross-border contamination, I guess.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 03, 2015, 04:06:30 PM
    Phish and GWAR.

You never watched Oderus appear on Red Eye. The dude rocked it every time. May he rest in peace.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 03, 2015, 04:09:45 PM

You never watched Oderus appear on Red Eye. The dude rocked it every time. May he rest in peace.

Have a hard time separating the off stage from the on stage in GWAR's case. He could have given me his kidney and I'll still grouse about that lousy band.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 24, 2015, 03:53:36 PM
Sounds like a scheme Eddie Coyle would concoct.  I wonder if you can return it if it's yellow.

I wish had such entrepreneurial skill. Being the dumb prole I is, I just shovel the shit and complain.

jazmunda

This is why the human race sucks. Even when we achieve amazing things we still manage to take a dump on this planet.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nepal-human-waste-mount-everest-poses-disease-risk/

We broke another record for low temperature this morning.
Oh, wait....am I in the correct thread??
YES!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Eddie Coyle

Skunk vs neighborhood cat. In front of my house.

Brutal. Absolutely horrible odor. Gacy's crawlspace would be offended.

Speaking of skunks, I went out to get something out of the car last night and smelled skunk, but there are no skunks in the area. It was someone smoking a truly stinky cigar, which leads me to say I'm glad there's going to be trade with Havana. It can only increase the air quality of my neighborhood.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 08, 2015, 06:50:27 AM
Speaking of skunks, I went out to get something out of the car last night and smelled skunk, but there are no skunks in the area. It was someone smoking a truly stinky cigar, which leads me to say I'm glad there's going to be trade with Havana. It can only increase the air quality of my neighborhood.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 08, 2015, 02:42:53 AM
     Skunk vs neighborhood cat. In front of my house.

Brutal. Absolutely horrible odor. Gacy's crawlspace would be offended.

It is time for man to intervene, and obstruct nature - A genetically designed smart skunk, carrying dominate genes that guarantee all offspring possess no offensive odor producing glands whatsoever, and a slightly higher level of aggression (to crowd out the old stinkers) -  to be bred in the millions and then released across the nation then later invade other countries with the upgrade by parachuting the new skunk behind all borders. Perhaps carried by drones.

We can do this***. By 2112, it could be a reality and odorous skunks considered but myth.

Things could go wrong. Night of the Lepus comes to mind.  But we must try.  Why? Because it's there. And because it stinks.

This does not address cigars that smell like someone is incinerating a moldy copy of Cardigan by R.W. Chambers, so Havana will have to stand up.

***It will also create new jobs. iSkunk® breeders,  iSkunk® caretakers, iSkunk® transporters, etc.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 08, 2015, 11:47:57 AM
It is time for man to intervene, and obstruct nature - A genetically designed skunk, carrying dominate genes that guarantee all offspring to possess no offensive odor producing glands whatsoever, and a slightly higher level of aggression (to crowd out the old stinkers) -  to be bred in the millions and then released across nation then later invade other countries with the upgrade by parachuting the new skunk behind all borders. Perhaps carried by drones.

We can do this***. By 2112, it could be a reality and odorous skunks considered but myth.

Things could go wrong. Night of the Lepus comes to mind.  But we must try.  Why? Because it's there. And because it stinks.

The does not address cigars that smell like someone is incinerating a moldy copy of Cardigan by R.W. Chambers, so Havana will have to stand up.

***It will also create new jobs. iSkunk® breeders,  iSkunk® caretakers, iSkunk® transporters, etc.

I am totally with you on this Cam. Beacuse it's there and because it stinks and because, united, we can beat this malodorous scourge across the nation.

Look to the skies, people. Look to the skies for parachuting skunks and the dawn of a new, less stinky, age!

onan

It is time for man to intervene, and obstruct nature - A genetically designed smart skunk, carrying dominate genes that guarantee all offspring possess no offensive odor producing glands whatsoever, and a slightly higher level of aggression (to crowd out the old stinkers) -  to be bred in the millions and then released across the nation then later invade other countries with the upgrade by parachuting the new skunk behind all borders. Perhaps carried by drones.

This does not address cigars that smell like someone is incinerating a moldy copy of Cardigan by R.W. Chambers, so Havana will have to stand up.

This the problem with visionaries... too little vision. There is no reason we cannot genetically modify skunks to not only be non-offensive but to be aromatically pleasant. And there is no limit. What would Calvin Klein pay for Obsession naturally expressed from the nether region of a skunk? Or what would a restaurant, the likes of Ruth Chris pay for that rich hickory and beef smell?

Quote from: onan on March 08, 2015, 12:53:18 PM
This the problem with visionaries... too little vision. There is no reason we cannot genetically modify skunks to not only be non-offensive but to be aromatically pleasant. And there is no limit. What would Calvin Klein pay for Obsession naturally expressed from the nether region of a skunk? Or what would a restaurant, the likes of Ruth Chris pay for that rich hickory and beef smell?

I may regret jumping on this bandwagon if the rich hickory and beef smell is the result of the gene manipulation of Mario Battaglia

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 08, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
I may regret jumping on this bandwagon if the rich hickory and beef smell is the result of the gene manipulation of Mario Battaglia
I was attempting to be humorous and mildly disgusting. Do you mean Batali? If so then yes, I would love to see some self aggrandizing personality working the scent glands for a televised meal.

Quote from: onan on March 08, 2015, 01:13:13 PM
I was attempting to be humorous and mildly disgusting. Do you mean Batali? If so then yes, I would love to see some self aggrandizing personality working the scent glands for a televised meal.

Omg, what's wrong with me lately? I'm conflating names like my sainted grandparents, lol. I think it's payback for laughing at them, but yeah, Batali, although as long as the scent is on the other side of the tv screen, I'm cool with it.

Quote from: wr250 on March 08, 2015, 01:15:50 PM

All kidding aside, it that smells like skunk it may clear up the local mystery.

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 08, 2015, 01:26:55 PM
All kidding aside, it that smells like skunk it may clear up the local mystery.
I'm betting that's a different pleasant skunky smell. The cigar ... that smells like ass.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 08, 2015, 01:24:15 PM
Omg, what's wrong with me lately? I'm conflating names like my sainted grandparents, lol. I think it's payback for laughing at them, but yeah, Batali, although as long as the scent is on the other side of the tv screen, I'm cool with it.

Wait. Are we talking about Batali Lama?

(Inside joke for UC's benefit.)

Quote from: onan on March 08, 2015, 01:13:13 PM
I was attempting to be humorous and mildly disgusting.

You succeeded.

I imagined the scent of sugary cotton candy - normally wafting off the State Fair midway - instead as sprayed by the dark one who sports the white stripe.

It's kind of freaking me out.

AZ/CO

I just read that two Americans (Californians) were arrested in Rome, Italy, for carving their names onto one of the walls of the Colosseum!  They managed to carve an "N" and a "J" before they were caught.  It was also reported that they were taking selfies with the carvings that are about 3" high.  I'm more than annoyed, I'm horrified!  Ugly Americans indeed.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 08, 2015, 10:43:42 PM
Wait. Are we talking about Batali Lama?

(Inside joke for UC's benefit.)

You succeeded.

Indeed. The only one who can offer true sage advice.

wr250

phone numbers that are 000-000-0000

How do you feel about betwixt and erstwhile?

pate

Orbital - The Box (Part I&II)

Not really annoying...  But enervating................

Avi

Quote from: bateman on March 10, 2015, 05:01:30 PM
The word "whilst".

+10

It's a particular favorite of Americans who want to imply they have old-school ties to Mother England. Thankfully, most don't go full William F. Buckley or Madonna:

Madonna putting on her infamous british accent!