Terminator
Alien
Predator
Star Wars
Star Trek

Permanent ban on:

Transformers
Sharknado

The new Terminator movie... you're going to like this... has Sarah Connor being raised by a Terminator, and as a result she's a kick-ass sniper but low on social skills.

It sounds awesome, and by 'awesome' I mean I want to shoot myself in the face while stabbing myself in the testicles with a trident.

Movies are getting worse, right.  It's not just me that notices this, surely?

zeebo

Quote from: Kelt on October 29, 2014, 10:50:26 PM
... Movies are getting worse, right.  It's not just me that notices this, surely?

They do seem awful alot these days.  I used to always have some movie I wanted to see, or was hoping would get released soon etc.  So much just looks over-hyped, formulaic, stupid. 

Alot of movies that get raved about I often find, not necessarily bad, but waaay overrated.  I used to love movies but these days I'd mostly rather binge-watch tv series from netflix.

Quote from: Kelt on October 29, 2014, 10:50:26 PM

Movies are getting worse, right.  It's not just me that notices this, surely?

Some are; some aren`t.

I`ve actually noticed an uptick in the quality of recent releases. Specifically, Gone Girl and Fury. Both are excellent. Also, Interstellar looks to have some potential, provided it`s not too bogged down in Hollyweird PC. Additionally, James Gandolfini`s final work, The Drop, will be out soon. I can`t imagine that being anything less than thoroughly entertaining. I would probably throw Jake Gyllenhaal`s new movie, Nightcrawler, in the mix.

Quote from: zeebo on October 30, 2014, 02:18:16 AM
They do seem awful alot these days.  I used to always have some movie I wanted to see, or was hoping would get released soon etc.  So much just looks over-hyped, formulaic, stupid. 

Alot of movies that get raved about I often find, not necessarily bad, but waaay overrated.  I used to love movies but these days I'd mostly rather binge-watch tv series from netflix.

I think movie producers have gotten smart and realized their target audience are adolescents and teens who, moreover, aren't receiving the same emphasis on education as they used to.  I feel a little funny going into a movie theatre now since I'm over 20.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 30, 2014, 02:26:57 PM
I think movie producers have gotten smart and realized their target audience are adolescents and teens who, moreover, aren't receiving the same emphasis on education as they used to.  I feel a little funny going into a movie theatre now since I'm over 20.
As with music, the major studios and distributors are chasing 15-year olds' allowance money to the point where quality films are as endangered as the whooping crane. 

Kelt

I'd happily sacrifice the very last Whooping Crane for one more decent Terminator, Alien, or Predator Movie. I'd beat it to death with the last surviving Snow Leopard, and laugh while I did it.

Quote from: Kelt on October 30, 2014, 06:27:30 PM
I'd happily sacrifice the very last Whooping Crane for one more decent Terminator, Alien, or Predator Movie.

Or Saw movie.

albrecht

according to last night's guest it isn't just teenagers but really pre and early teens, and only girls, who hold sway for movies due to expendable income. The boys are playing video games and hence the horror movies types now and adults don't go and the "girls have the money" (he said several times, and Norry said, "of course", "that's right")

eddie dean

I wanted to binge watch the entire first season of Hannibal. Because so many here have highly recommened the series, I decided it would be a great time, being Halloween and all, to get into the show.
Netflix? no Hannibal.
Hulu plus? only has 3 friggen'  eps. right in the middle of season 2, chock full of 5 mandatory ad breaks!
Amazon prime? It's there, but I don't subscribe.

Not going to happen, Damnit!

aldousburbank

My all time most annoying thing is people who are easily annoyed. Because then of course I have to become an annoyance to them, then they act annoyed and that annoys me very easily. Fuck, I think I might be stuck in some hellish annoying mobius strip!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 30, 2014, 11:07:14 PM
My all time most annoying thing is people who are easily annoyed. Because then of course I have to become an annoyance to them, then they act annoyed and that annoys me very easily. Fuck, I think I might be stuck in some hellish annoying mobius strip!

At first glance yes. But it's all countered by your laid backnessesess.

Quote from: Juan on October 31, 2014, 07:05:44 PM
Falkie seems to have gotten a TV show.

A thing that annoys me: posers who form an identity from a home town they last lived in when they were twelve.  If Pittsburgh is so fucking great, why have you lived in the Bay Area for the last 50 fuckin years?

eyenoeyeno

I'm annoyed by the fact that I will inevitably reach a point in my life when I won't be able to touch my arm with my foot.

Heather Wade

Cordless phones & cell phones may be great, but I can't slam them when I hang up.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 31, 2014, 08:08:21 AM
At first glance yes. But it's all countered by your laid backnessesess.

Ahh. I know some who are so laid back that they could never take you seriously when you tell them it's going to tick you off if they do something.  Then they do it, and they just absolutely can't believe it when you get ticked off. And then they do it again.  I guess to see if you're going to be ticked off.

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on November 01, 2014, 12:19:19 AM
Ahh. I know some who are so laid back that they could never take you seriously when you tell them it's going to tick you off if they do something.  Then they do it, and they just absolutely can't believe it when you get ticked off. And then they do it again.  I guess to see if you're going to be ticked off.

I'm sick and tired of not being taken seriously when they don't tick me off after they said they would tick me off by doing something.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 01, 2014, 12:40:23 AM
I'm sick and tired of not being taken seriously when they don't tick me off after they said they would tick me off by doing something.

Santa Clause in november is a deal breaker. Our marriage was clearly a sham. And that annoys me.

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 01, 2014, 01:05:16 AM
Santa Clause in november is a deal breaker. Our marriage was clearly a sham. And that annoys me.

they wait that long there? here we start seeing santa in august ...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wr250 on November 01, 2014, 06:01:59 AM
they wait that long there? here we start seeing santa in august ...

Tragically the same here. Christmas is here when easter eggs are in the shops.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 01, 2014, 07:22:58 AM
Tragically the same here. Christmas is here when easter eggs are in the shops.
I must admit that I use a coffee cup shaped like Santa year round.

pate

I'm still annoyed at Sting, or whoever he was when he was in The Police...  I am still a bit annoyed by this one song:

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - official video

Mostly I was annoyed that Goatse stole his sound in the refrain of the song...

edit: or was it their sound?  Nobody, somebody...

2ndEdit: still like the song just a bit...

wr250

when your 70 lb dog decides to jump on the bed, only to land on top of your sensitive bits while your sleeping.

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 31, 2014, 10:09:00 PM
I'm annoyed by the fact that I will inevitably reach a point in my life when I won't be able to touch my arm with my foot.

A woman in Oregon with a terminal brain tumor ended her life this week, when her suffering became too great, under Oregon's Death With Dignity law.  She was 29 years old.  If you reach a point where you can't touch those two things, and your life to that point was worth living, count your blessings, for you will have lived a long and well-seasoned life.

zeebo

The apparently now accepted term "ginormous".  How did this, thing, get into our language?

Avi

Quote from: zeebo on November 04, 2014, 12:58:53 AM
The apparently now accepted term "ginormous".  How did this, thing, get into our language?

Because mammer-jammer became cloying and over-used?

The General

Goddammit I've been sick for weeks and it's really kicking my ass.

paladin1991

Quote from: The General on November 04, 2014, 05:08:12 PM
Goddammit I've been sick for weeks and it's really kicking my ass.
EEEEE-booo-la!

Heather Wade

Hope you feel better soon, General.

aldousburbank

When conversational velocity exceeds the speed of the speaker's intelligence, unless I'm the one talking.