• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 20, 2014, 03:30:04 PM
It's not that they didn't care -- they were just completely unaware.  It would annoy me no end.

Then may we assume that you mentioned it to them, at least once?  If so, then they were aware, and didn't care.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2014, 03:54:37 PM
Then may we assume that you mentioned it to them, at least once?  If so, then they were aware, and didn't care.

I usher them out of the way.  They don't have your mind and don't necessarily retain things by the next time around (or past tense in the case of my mother)

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 20, 2014, 10:05:13 AM
Mercury Fucking Retrograde
Quote from: (Redacted) on October 20, 2014, 01:39:59 PM
Fucking concur.
Quote from: Ms. C on October 20, 2014, 02:46:16 PM
yup, me also times like a gazillion!  (Very intense one beginning in Scorpio ... sliding back into Libra hasn't been much of a picnic either .... )

Aw heck, what are you guys talking about? Everything'sFIIIINNNNE. Just super.
Fucking super duper.

aldousburbank

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on October 20, 2014, 10:12:53 PM
Aw heck, what are you guys talking about? Everything'sFIIIINNNNE. Just super.
Fucking super duper.
I know that's true but I choose not to believe it!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 20, 2014, 03:58:05 PM
I usher them out of the way.  They don't have your mind and don't necessarily retain things by the next time around (or past tense in the case of my mother)

Then they can't be aware, and so they're like the oversize or quasi-inert as listed by WOTR.  They're not in the self-absorbed asshats group.

Dude, you are awfully hard on yourself and your family and I've had about enough of it.  Please send me your address via PM so that I can come over and kick your ass.  Please don't post it here in the public forrum, because I don't want some other dude to get over there first and beat me to it.

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2014, 02:47:12 PM
I always have plenty of space around me on BART since I started hanging my knob out of my zipper.  It doesn't matter how crowded it gets.
Is that you?  Dude, really.  You should let the little fellow out more often...get him some sunlight.  His growth has been severely stunted. 
But that's a cute name.  Knob.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 20, 2014, 02:47:12 PM
I always have plenty of space around me on BART since I started hanging my knob out of my zipper.  It doesn't matter how crowded it gets.

I've read about that tactic in action:
This is why public transportation sucks.
Written Friday, August 30, 2013.
1. The shuttle bus from work arrived at the train station on time on a very hot Friday afternoon. Of course, my train from Burbank was 6, searing-hot minutes late.
2. Upon boarding the train, I sat my sweaty self across from a guy rubbing some loud woman's feet.
3. That skinny, old, foot-rubbing dude, wearing new white shoes and a white knit cap, pulls down the zipper of his plaid Bermuda shorts, whips out his penis and PEES on the floor, turns around and floods the seat.

4. I mention it to the conductors. One, uninterested in the story, continues to fill out some form. The other guy, also apparently uninterested or jaded from too many pissing-on-the-seats stories,
says, "Oh yeah? I'll tell the cleaners." He then announces we're arriving at Union Station.

from this outstanding Yelper
http://www.yelp.com/user_details_reviews_self?userid=jvKYWDn0Us_NtZo65uXiPw&review_sort=rating&rec_pagestart=20

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 21, 2014, 09:32:32 AM
http://www.yelp.com/user_details_reviews_self?userid=jvKYWDn0Us_NtZo65uXiPw&review_sort=rating&rec_pagestart=20

In other words, business as usual in the pimple on the buttocks of the civilized world.

albrecht

Volunteers who give me a look when I give sardines to them on their canned food drive.
1) they knocked on the door, unannounced, so I was not prepared to give away items.
2) poor people, or the illegals, who are getting the cans shouldn't complain if they are getting food for free
3) sardines are tasty, nutritious (protein and Omega-3s), and are store-able: perfect for a canned food drive or for a person lacking in nutrition due to income problems or illegal status.
4) I like sardines so, actually, giving away a canned food that I would've eaten myself.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 21, 2014, 09:32:32 AM

How DARE you suggest that I urinate in public places.  That sort of thing is outrageous and disgusting.

[attachimg=1]

Gd5150

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 20, 2014, 08:23:35 AM
I hate it when I am at a farmers' market and encounter a perfect storm of human congestion:  a clot of people conversing in the center of the aisle just as a couple with a double wide stroller, a guy with a walker, a matched-outfit couple with spaniels on leashes, and a signature gatherer all come together and phlegm up the space-time continuum!

Farmers are markets are the new Starbucks

pate

Fairweather fans...

You know, the ones that cool you when you are cold, or the better-than-that the ones that heat you when you are hot...

them types annoy me...

pate

&other thang, oldie goldies like this one:

Led Zeppelin - Hot Dog

As if anyone needed any reason other than the "Grate Plaice" to not visit Texas, ma pa liked the place and so did my realitves, and I had a good time around North Padre Island, but still, really?  GO LONGHORNS &c,

Quote from: eddie dean on October 22, 2014, 03:45:25 PM
Pat Robertson thinks you can get Aids from a towel. What the hell are you doing with your towels Pat?  :-\

I can explain this.

He's using "towel" as a euphemism for "tube sock."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eddie dean on October 22, 2014, 03:45:25 PM
Pat Robertson thinks you can get Aids from a towel. What the hell are you doing with your towels Pat?  :-\

http://www.cnn.com/video/standard.html?/video/showbiz/2014/10/22/ac-ridiculist-pat-robertson-aids-comment.cnn&hpt=hp_t2&from_homepage=yes&video_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Some self loathing going on with him there. Is he still pushing the marrying of 15 year old girls? Like he thinks good Christians should.

BobGrau

I could've sworn I used to be funnier than this...

Spectator sports were a lot more fun when reporters just reported on the game and didn't really interview players much

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 12:05:30 AM
Some self loathing going on with him there. Is he still pushing the marrying of 15 year old girls? Like he thinks good Christians should.

That's Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame.  Pat is a crazy televangelist with a show called "The 700 Club."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
That's Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame.  Pat is a crazy televangelist with a show called "The 700 Club."

What? There's more than one Phil in the USA? I need that corroborated by a reliable source.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 23, 2014, 10:24:50 AM
Spectator sports were a lot more fun when reporters just reported on the game and didn't really interview players much

Oh yes. Absolutely. I don't know who thought they had anything articulate to say that wasn't interchangable with any other interview given in the last ten years. Same few stock phrases, same platitudes and ambitions.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 11:23:45 AM

What? There's more than one Phil in the USA? I need that corroborated by a reliable source.

There's only one Phil who has publicly stated for the record that the ideal marrying age for a woman is fifteen.  Pat Robertson is a whole 'nother kind of crazy.

From "Time" magazine:

"Just two days after the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001, Robertson welcomed the Rev. Jerry Falwell onto his show to discuss the cause of the tragedy. Falwell's list of guilty parties included 'the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle,' not to mention the ACLU and People for the American Way for good measure. Robertson's response to Falwell's venom? 'I totally concur.'"

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 11:26:05 AM
Oh yes. Absolutely. I don't know who thought they had anything articulate to say that wasn't interchangable with any other interview given in the last ten years. Same few stock phrases, same platitudes and ambitions.

Have you ever seen "Bull Durham," Yorkie?  There's a great scene that says everything anyone needs to know about sports interviews.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 11:36:51 AM
There's only one Phil who has publicly stated for the record that the ideal marrying age for a woman is fifteen.  Pat Robertson is a whole 'nother kind of crazy.

From "Time" magazine:

"Just two days after the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001, Robertson welcomed the Rev. Jerry Falwell onto his show to discuss the cause of the tragedy. Falwell's list of guilty parties included 'the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle,' not to mention the ACLU and People for the American Way for good measure. Robertson's response to Falwell's venom? 'I totally concur.'"

Yep. That is a whole different kind of crazy. Two Phils. No coincidences.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 11:45:31 AM
Have you ever seen "Bull Durham," Yorkie?  There's a great scene that says everything anyone needs to know about sports interviews.

Sadly not yet. I'll look for it.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 11:50:48 AM
Sadly not yet. I'll look for it.

Be sad no longer because I found it for you.  Now you owe me one!

WARNING -  Contains some NSFW dialogue.

Bull Durham - Cliches

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 23, 2014, 12:19:15 PM
Be sad no longer because I found it for you.  Now you owe me one!

WARNING -  Contains some NSFW dialogue.

Bull Durham - Cliches

I got a semi on thinking of your generosity. It will be repaid.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 23, 2014, 11:26:05 AM

Plus it was rather nice not knowing what jerks and asshats they are in real life