• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 15, 2014, 06:23:00 PM
I have a whole new view of Ted Turner, thanks to Eddie Coyle.  ;D

And I have a whole new view of Jane Fonda, thanks to Eddie Coyle.  Plus additional twisted imagery inevitably born... a lyric from some gadget commercial comes into aural focus ...

Strap On!... Strap Off! ... the Strapper!

As seen on TV.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 16, 2014, 04:08:03 PM
And I have a whole new view of Jane Fonda, thanks to Eddie Coyle.  Plus additional twisted imagery inevitably born... a lyric from some gadget commercial comes into aural focus ...

Strap On!... Strap Off! ... the Strapper!

As seen on TV.

[attachimg=1]

LOL! Jane was born for this. Must be the clipped enunciation. But now whenever I watch Newsroom, it's going to have an extra added special dimension for her character.

Quote from: b_dubb on September 17, 2014, 12:11:39 PM
Batter up Ted

And get ready for Jane's high hard one, aka The Tomahawk Chop.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 17, 2014, 12:18:49 PM

Naturally, having a righteous wholesome Yorkshire upbringing away from the heathen debauchery of the colonies, I don't have a bleeding clue what the hell you renegades are talking about. <innocent smiley>

b_dubb

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 17, 2014, 12:18:49 PM
LOL oh dear. If only the Atlanta Braves knew how brave Ted truly is/was.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2014, 01:38:16 PM

Naturally, having a righteous wholesome Yorkshire upbringing away from the heathen debauchery of the colonies, I don't have a bleeding clue what the hell you renegades are talking about. <innocent smiley>

Here's Jane doing the Tomahawk Chop, while Ted amuses former President Jimmy Carter by showing him how deeply he can take it.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 17, 2014, 01:58:20 PM
Here's Jane doing the Tomahawk Chop, while Ted amuses former President Jimmy Carter by showing him how deeply he can take it.

[attachimg=1]

Nope, I'm still basking in my pious and wholesome innocence.

ZHero

Quote from: Chine on September 16, 2014, 03:04:27 PM
I feel sorry for the dog. That barking is due to lack of interaction, play, exercise. I'm going to refrain from my fury further on that subject.
Yeah, the same neighbors let their pre-teen kids wander all around the neighborhood without supervision. 
They are the types who will be most surprised when their kids disappear, get injured, or get into trouble with the law. Or worse.
Edit; Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets or children,,,,,

People that try way too hard to be controversial/audacious/brazen/cheeky(for our UK/CW friends), or even bohemian.

Similar to a 12 year-old girl who smokes cigarettes and drops f-bombs like a drunken sailor.

Grow up, already.

Tarbaby

she can't grow up, she's  only 12. The brain, hormones, and prefrontal lobes aren't developed yet  ;)

Quote from: Tarbaby on September 18, 2014, 11:54:37 AM
she can't grow up, she's  only 12. The brain, hormones, and prefrontal lobes aren't developed yet  ;)

Somewhere in this, there is a cartoon image/joke of giant cigarettes who smoke humans and find it difficult to quit. It's just not quite coalescing for me... 

Oh wait... as a human smoker, a giant cigarette might choose between low tarbaby/nicotine versus regular. 

Anyway, I'm picturing a 12 year old female cigarette, smoking a pack of non-filtered Arnold Schwarzeneggers, dropping F-bombs with a thick accent.

I'm going to have to draw this.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 18, 2014, 01:42:30 PM
Somewhere in this, there is a cartoon image/joke of giant cigarettes who smoke humans and find it difficult to quit. It's just not quite coalescing for me... 

Oh wait... as a human smoker, a giant cigarette might choose between low tarbaby and nicotine versus regular. 

Anyway, I'm picturing a 12 year old female cigarette, smoking a pack non-filtered Arnold Schwarzeneggers, dropping F-bombs with a thick accent.

I'm going to have to draw this.

Slides would be better, and a powerpoint presentation. ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 18, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Slides would be better, and a powerpoint presentation. ;D

Yes. If I do this, I should do it right.  I could even violate a Marvel Comics' copyright immediately and have them lighting up their humans using The Human Torch.

"Hey, gotta light?"

"Sure. Here you, go. It's voice activated.  Just say 'Flame On!' "

The Human Torch on Human cruelty would be monumental.

But it's just too hard to quit!  :D

eyenoeyeno

And odds of full development are looking bleaker and bleaker, since we all know the marijuanna smoke is an inhibiting factor.

wr250

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on September 19, 2014, 11:02:12 AM
And odds of full development are looking bleaker and bleaker, since we all know the marijuanna smoke is an inhibiting factor.

but wut aboot brownies?

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: wr250 on September 19, 2014, 11:24:48 AM
but wut aboot brownies?

Mmmuuummmm...
Well I'm all grown up, so they benefit me.  Didn't have enough control of my munchies to eat special treats as a teen( keep eating, get stoned - get munchies - eat again- super high with munchies_must eat more brownies...etc)

BattyBrooke

I think FightTheFuture meant these cheeky people are acting like 12 year olds smoking cigs and dropping f bombs and it is *they* that should grow up, not the 12 year old. Now, feel free to be annoyed with me correcting you. I know I am.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 19, 2014, 08:00:29 PM
I think FightTheFuture meant these cheeky people are acting like 12 year olds smoking cigs and dropping f bombs and it is *they* that should grow up, not the 12 year old. Now, feel free to be annoyed with me correcting you. I know I am.

Yeah.  We got it.  You missed our humor though.
Not annoyed so much as amused.
;)

ZHero

Ow OW OW OW DAMMITT!  Was walking around the staircase and hit my damn pinky toe on the damn
Post! Knocked the toenail off!  THAT ANNOYS ME! OWWWWWWWW! :'( >:(

pate

The fact that I can't tell the difference between Marvel and DC comics... 

Wolverine is in the same world as Superman, but neither ever met Batman, and it's cool 'cuz Bizarro never discussed politics with the Hulk so nevermind...  You're clueless aren't you?  I learned history from picture books for adolescents, what is wrong with you?  Did I mention Spiderman?  Archie?  How can you BE so ignorant?

LOL, nm... Dumbass!

I have a flat tire.  It's Saturday.  My kid is at school this weekend. 
I've been stuck at home all day.   Cleaning.  Oh, joy.     :(
Guess I'll mow now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on September 20, 2014, 01:11:44 PM
Guess I'll mow now.

Can't you change it for the spare? Have you got a spare and a jack? You can have my car, but it needs two new half shafts.

Quote from: Treading Water on September 20, 2014, 01:11:44 PM
Guess I'll mow now.

Hate that stuck/stranded feeling, whatever the cause.

This brings to mind something very annoying: Car manufacturers who provide those ridiculous "toy"spare tires designed only to get you safely to the nearest flat fixer.  I miss the days when you simply threw the bad tire in the trunk and had it repaired at your leisure, while continuing life as usual on a true replacement spare - driving around in a state of defiance.

Also, due to their minimalistic design approach on many automobiles, you cannot fit a normal-sized 5th wheel into the spare tire compartment.  The area is designed for toy tires only, folded in like an origami project. What the hell?

So damned annoying.  At least give me the needed space to "opt in" with a fifth real-sized tire if I so choose.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on September 20, 2014, 05:28:47 PM
Hate that stuck/stranded feeling, whatever the cause.

This brings to mind something very annoying: Car manufacturers who provide those ridiculous "toy"spare tires designed only to get you safely to the nearest flat fixer.  I miss the days when you simply threw the bad tire in the trunk and had it repaired at your leisure, while continuing life as usual on a true replacement spare - driving around in a state of defiance.

Also, due to their minimalistic design approach on many automobiles, you cannot fit a normal-sized 5th wheel into the spare tire compartment.  The area is designed for toy tires only, folded in like an origami project. What the hell?

So damned annoying.  At least give me the needed space to "opt in" with a fifth real-sized tire if I so choose.

[attachimg=1]

Could be worse. Some manufacturers don't even bother with any spare. They give you a can of inflating foam. Great if you pick up a nail in the tread, useless if it's a tear or a split in the wall. It's to do with space and cost. Buyers want lots of the limited internal space because all the airbags now encroach into the car. Compare an original VW Golf ( Rabbit) with a new one. Most of that size increase is safety designs.

My gripe with many modern cars is the lack of access to something as mundane as changing a headlamp bulb. Some need the front of the car dismantling. Great when you're alone miles from anywhere at night.

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 21, 2014, 01:04:34 AM
Could be worse. Some manufacturers don't even bother with any spare. They give you a can of inflating foam. Great if you pick up a nail in the tread, useless if it's a tear or a split in the wall. It's to do with space and cost. Buyers want lots of the limited internal space because all the airbags now encroach into the car. Compare an original VW Golf ( Rabbit) with a new one. Most of that size increase is safety designs.

My gripe with many modern cars is the lack of access to something as mundane as changing a headlamp bulb. Some need the front of the car dismantling. Great when you're alone miles from anywhere at night.

in the US, a spare tire is required by law. what size that tire is, is irrelevant, as long as it works.
as far as safety is concerned, a real frame is much safer than any unibody. it is also much heavier,thus requiring more power to move, and less fuel economy. so the manufacturers left real frames behind for unibodies , light weight, and less safety for mandated fuel economy. then safety regs came into being . so the cars became larger (to accomodate safty equipment) , with less metal and more plastics, airbags,and other safety equipment.
todays cars are mostly plastic/fibreglass and any sheet metal is usually very thin (as thin as 30 gauge). thats right , you can almost stick you finger through it. hardly inspires confidence in safety if say a door has say 24 (0.025") gauge sheet metal (2) and a glass window between you and that car that just hit you.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wr250 on September 21, 2014, 07:36:50 AM
in the US, a spare tire is required by law. what size that tire is, is irrelevant, as long as it works.
as far as safety is concerned, a real frame is much safer than any unibody. it is also much heavier,thus requiring more power to move, and less fuel economy. so the manufacturers left real frames behind for unibodies , light weight, and less safety for mandated fuel economy. then safety regs came into being . so the cars became larger (to accomodate safty equipment) , with less metal and more plastics, airbags,and other safety equipment.
todays cars are mostly plastic/fibreglass and any sheet metal is usually very thin (as thin as 30 gauge). thats right , you can almost stick you finger through it. hardly inspires confidence in safety if say a door has say 24 (0.025") gauge sheet metal (2) and a glass window between you and that car that just hit you.

Hmm, to a degree. All cars sold in Europe at least, must pass NCAP impact and collision standards. Most cars easily exceed that, and in recent years the safety of the pedestrian they hit has had to be taken into account too, hence plastic bonnets (hoods) and collapsible bumpers and other body panels. Some manufactures were building safety into their offerings when most of the others were still deciding which go faster stripe to stick down the side of theirs. Saab and latterly Volvo being two who were pathological about safety being built into their vehicles. Volvo didn't understand why Saabs were so expensive to buy; until they had a collision in one. I have at about 25-30mph and I didn't feel a thing. The front of the car was creamed. It did exactly what it was designed to do, disintegrated, absorbing all the impact; and that was a monocoque (unibody), the passenger compartment being an integral cage designed so that it remained intact, the doors openable and the A-C struts rigid enough to stay supportive in a roll. It's said that although those that were rallied had to have a roll cage installed to meet the regs, the car was strong enough not to need one. Car designers and engineers have access these days to pretty sophisticated computer modelling and can try out stress effects on materials long before they're tried in prototypes. Carbon fibre and other composites for example is used more and more in top end sports cars, and will I'm sure filter down to mainstream in a few years into whatever it is gets us around. Efficient design and judicious use of materials rather than brute force and weight wins the day more often than not.

In my case, the flat was the right front tire.  By their own admission/disclaimer, the mini spare provided is not rated for front end use and considered dangerous and may not function safely in the front position due to wonky steering height differences and lower weight accommodation ratings.

One must instead, jack up the back of the car, remove a good rear tire, and replace it with the mini.  Then jack up the affected front tire, replace it with the good rear tire, doubling the tire changing procedure.

Even with safety and space considerations, they could easily incorporate a full sized spare for most cars if they began with that premise.  Instead, the mini tire is considered acceptable and they design around it.

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 21, 2014, 08:23:55 AM

Hmm, to a degree. All cars sold in Europe at least, must pass NCAP impact and collision standards. Most cars easily exceed that, and in recent years the safety of the pedestrian they hit has had to be taken into account too, hence plastic bonnets (hoods) and collapsible bumpers and other body panels. Some manufactures were building safety into their offerings when most of the others were still deciding which go faster stripe to stick down the side of theirs. Saab and latterly Volvo being two who were pathological about safety being built into their vehicles. Volvo didn't understand why Saabs were so expensive to buy; until they had a collision in one. I have at about 25-30mph and I didn't feel a thing. The front of the car was creamed. It did exactly what it was designed to do, disintegrated, absorbing all the impact; and that was a monocoque (unibody), the passenger compartment being an integral cage designed so that it remained intact, the doors openable and the A-C struts rigid enough to stay supportive in a roll. It's said that although those that were rallied had to have a roll cage installed to meet the regs, the car was strong enough not to need one. Car designers and engineers have access these days to pretty sophisticated computer modelling and can try out stress effects on materials long before they're tried in prototypes. Carbon fibre and other composites for example is used more and more in top end sports cars, and will I'm sure filter down to mainstream in a few years into whatever it is gets us around. Efficient design and judicious use of materials rather than brute force and weight wins the day more often than not.

europe is different than the  US, where politicians pander to auto makers (and any other company will to fund them) for campaign brib...err contributions.

/*edit*/ in addition it seems in the US safety has been discarded in favor of fuel economy. everything is lighter, including the car bodies, but not with better materials in the average car. as i said , you can nearly stick a finger through some vehicles outer body work/doors. i pretty sure i could punch through a door (with my fist) on at least a jeep wrangler unlimited, possibly into the interior (the interior panel is a compressed cardboard or paper) if the window was up. not good in a side impact, pieces of metal or even plastics (bumper pieces etc) will come through to impale anyone in that seat. note: the wrangler unlimited has an integrated roll cage. probably because the doors/top are removable.