Heather Wade

Quote from: The General on August 30, 2014, 07:10:35 PM
Yeah right, officer.
So they can arrest you for assault?
A pox upon all their houses.

Agreed.

Quote from: b_dubb on August 30, 2014, 08:12:28 PM
Just go Ferguson on her next time

This option is being carefully considered.

Chine

Twitter users who tweet some inspirational meme with photoshopped roses and teddy bears EVERY TWO minutes!

Chine

Quote from: Tarbaby on August 31, 2014, 04:00:10 PM
Hahaha! I love it!

I use Twitter for work and also if I'm writing on the arts, film. So I follow others for film festivals or exhibits. And I admit I may tweet a picture of an insanely delicious cocktail. And I made the mistake of following someone who was sharing great articles on film. Suddenly she's posting all day long 'are you his type?' Articles or teddy bears, puppies and Buddha memes and she even schedules tweets for when she sleeps!! What!? Schedule tweets for that? Maybe if it's business related to get higher hits for work. But it's all fluffy stuff. She doesn't have a job.

People look terrible in high waisted pants, and worse in high waisted shorts.

zeebo

People in fast food lines who think they're at a high class restaurant.  "Uh yes, and your Wendy's salad, does that come with croutons?  Oh I see.  Is the chicken farm-raised?  Hmm ok.  And is the blue cheese organic?  Hmm, well what about the fish sandwich, is that cold-water cod?  Is it flash-frozen?  Hmm.  Is it fried or baked?  And what kind of oil do you use? Canola or soybean?  And can I change the bun for a kaiser roll or maybe a lightly toasted sourdough roll? ........"

Quote from: zeebo on September 01, 2014, 11:33:32 PM
People in fast food lines who think they're at a high class restaurant.  "Uh yes, and your Wendy's salad, does that come with croutons?  Oh I see.  Is the chicken farm-raised?  Hmm ok.  And is the blue cheese organic?  Hmm, well what about the fish sandwich, is that cold-water cod?  Is it flash-frozen?  Hmm.  Is it fried or baked?  And what kind of oil do you use? Canola or soybean?  And can I change the bun for a kaiser roll or maybe a lightly toasted sourdough roll? ........"

How about when there is a car full of them doing that in front of you in the drive through.  Then checking the bag to make sure it's all exactly correct before pulling away.

Hullo, it al tastes about the same.

zeebo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 02, 2014, 12:12:22 AM
...Hullo, it al tastes about the same.

Yes!  We really should just order that stuff by weight.  "Yeah I'll just take a half-pound of your food product thanks."

wr250

even better when they order for 10 people, and most of is "one burger with no onions, a fish sammich with the sauce on the side..."

that gives the car behind time to get out and dust their own car off.

b_dubb

Public restrooms that aren't adequately ventilated. Are fans really that expensive?

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 05:45:36 AM
Public restrooms that aren't adequately ventilated. Are fans really that expensive?

Amen to that.

onan

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 05:45:36 AM

Box fans, due to certain persons cornering the market, are quite valuable.

wr250

people who take nude photos of themselves and it gets uploaded to the intertubes. then proceed to whine and cry about it, even after being totally nekkid in publicly available movies.

Chine

No, no, no. Hahaha. As one who eats organic (tries to)  I sure as hell know better. Now, I'm not a militant crazy organic raw food/non Gmo plant based freak. I met a friend (not a friend anymore) for coffee and this coffee house and she's a vegan. She drilled the guy on everything. 'Is it Silk Almond Milk or homemade Almond Milk? Is your Balsmamic Strawberry Pecan Crisp tart gluten free?' And this was at a nice artisan coffee house. Drove me crazy.

There are no happy chickens (farm raised, frolicking through daisies) on a Wendy's menu !

Again. I do shop for organic food as it does help me immensely for my overall health. But not an extremist.

Hyphenated Americans.

Drives me crazy.

Quote from: Chine on September 02, 2014, 07:33:49 AM
No, no, no. Hahaha. As one who eats organic (tries to)  I sure as hell know better. Now, I'm not a militant crazy organic raw food/non Gmo plant based freak. I met a friend (not a friend anymore) for coffee and this coffee house and she's a vegan. She drilled the guy on everything. 'Is it Silk Almond Milk or homemade Almond Milk? Is your Balsmamic Strawberry Pecan Crisp tart gluten free?' And this was at a nice artisan coffee house. Drove me crazy.

There are no happy chickens (farm raised, frolicking through daisies) on a Wendy's menu !

Again. I do shop for organic food as it does help me immensely for my overall health. But not an extremist.

Speaking as a vegan that eats organic as much as humanly possible, I really can`t stand the typical nose-in-the-air-pretentious vegan. Matter-a`-fact, I don`t have one single solitary vegan friend. Which means there is constant ridiculing of my dietary choices. And I can live with that.

Chine

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2014, 08:34:28 AM

Speaking as a vegan that eats organic as much as humanly possible, I really can`t stand the typical nose-in-the-air-pretentious vegan. Matter-a`-fact, I don`t have one single solitary vegan friend. Which means there is constant ridiculing of my dietary choices. And I can live with that.

As with anything, the extremists. Several years ago, I made a change to my diet for health reasons. I was in extreme pain... Mental and emotional. I had to leave a performing job and bed ridden for a month. Little by little, I made small changes. Because my joy, livelihood  was being a performer. So being at my best physically, I had to find a way to begin to heal. Yoga and also choosing raw, organic etc... It blew me away how great an impact it was. I was walking, dancing again. Doing what I love. So, I didn't adopt this 'lifestyle' for some hip tag line.

Ok. So... I just got back from the organic grocery and look at the man in line at checkout ahead of me. A George Noory twin!! Looked exactly like him!

Quote from: Chine on September 02, 2014, 09:21:39 AM
As with anything, the extremists. Several years ago, I made a change to my diet for health reasons. I was in extreme pain... Mental and emotional. I had to leave a performing job and bed ridden for a month. Little by little, I made small changes. Because my joy, livelihood  was being a performer. So being at my best physically, I had to find a way to begin to heal. Yoga and also choosing raw, organic etc... It blew me away how great an impact it was. I was walking, dancing again. Doing what I love. So, I didn't adopt this 'lifestyle' for some hip tag line.

Ok. So... I just got back from the organic grocery and look at the man in line at checkout ahead of me. A George Noory twin!! Looked exactly like him!

Health reasons also explain my conversion. I was experiencing terrible arthritic pain from so many past injuries. Abstaining from all animal products  made an immediate impact. Since then, I have also used water fasting with great success. The body`s ability to heal itself never ceases to amaze me. We need only...get out of it`s way.

Re: Noory lookalike. This individual didn`t order a turmeric smoothie, did he??

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2014, 10:45:04 AM
Health reasons also explain my conversion. I was experiencing terrible arthritic pain from so many past injuries. Abstaining from all animal products  made an immediate impact. Since then, I have also used water fasting with great success. The body`s ability to heal itself never ceases to amaze me. We need only...get out of it`s way.

Re: Noory lookalike. This individual didn`t order a turmeric smoothie, did he??

I dated a woman that had been wheel chair bound due to rheumatoid arthritis. She went to a completely vegan diet and now walks and runs as well as any normal joe. Still has some deformity in her joints, but a great trade off.

Quote from: onan on September 02, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
I dated a woman that had been wheel chair bound due to rheumatoid arthritis. She went to a completely vegan diet and now walks and runs as well as any normal joe. Still has some deformity in her joints, but a great trade off.

Yeah, that`s great stuff! I love hearing anecdotes like that. I think the word is slowly getting out that there is a powerful alternative to conventional medicine; not for all aliments, but for many, including most autoimmune diseases.

I have a friend in Canada who is nearly crippled from severe rheumatoid arthritis and a couple of other more mundane joint issues acting in tandom with her RA. I have BEGGED her to consider  an alternative course of action (water fasting, strict plant-based diet, etc.) to treat her condition, but she is stubborn as the day is long. A hard-headed Italian girl, right from the old country. It breaks my heart.

b_dubb

What's a good book for someone interested in veganism

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

I think it would depend on one`s motivation for becoming a vegan. If we`re talking purely health reasons, I think a great start is Dr. Joel Fuhrman`s book Eat To Live, would be a fantastic first book to read. Also, Prevent And Reverse Heart Disease, by Dr. Caldwell Esslestyn is also an excellent choice.

Catsmile

Quote from: b_dubb on September 02, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

Paperbacks no hardcovers, leatherbounds BIG NO NO!
I'll bet all paperbacks taste about the same.

popple

DA FUQ? People should just make all their own food if they're so concerned about every last bit. Get more involved. It might be difficult at first but once you get it down it makes you feel good. I always assume that the stuff used at fast food joints is baseline acceptable for human beings and they're not going to put a lot of thought into everything being clean or organic. I know A&W is releasing commercials about how their beef is free ranger and hormone free or whatever, but are they just saying it and not releasing the farms they are sourcing their meat from? It also doesn't matter if the meat and dairy is free range organic if you're putting sketchy flavour enhancers and other nasty sauces on them.

George Drooly

Quote from: onan on September 02, 2014, 06:47:25 AM

HAHAHAHAHHA, post of the decade

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 02, 2014, 08:34:28 AM
Speaking as a vegan that eats organic as much as humanly possible, I really can`t stand the typical nose-in-the-air-pretentious vegan. ...

Some can get a bit extreme e.g. I knew someone who wouldn't touch food prepared in cookware that hadn't been 100% vegan-only from the start.  Not the most fun person to have at a bbq.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Chine on September 02, 2014, 09:21:39 AM
As with anything, the extremists. Several years ago, I made a change to my diet for health reasons....

I'm all for diet changes that are helpful.  In fact I'm planning some myself too for my own issues.  My only problem is with folks who think they're in the organic/vegan/gluten-free dept. at Whole Foods when really they're in the drive-thru lane at Taco Bell.     ::)

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on September 02, 2014, 06:47:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_cedQrtNMdk

all of your box fans are belong to us

bateman

People who have no idea how classic car markets work, or any collectible market for that matter. "But why would it cost this much?? That's just stupid!" Because it's rare, a piece of history, AND OTHER PEOPLE WITH MONEY WANT IT.