• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Treading Water on November 24, 2013, 11:36:12 AM
^^^This one has my vote.  Sit back, have a drink or some dessert, then come back. 
Don't go near that "Quits" thread.  Trouble brews there.... :(

This is good advice.  I swore off the Quits thread a couple weeks ago and will not go back.  It was always turbulent, but I fear too much bad news has sent it into a place of despair and madness, where trolls roam free amidst the wreckage.  (Feels like Stephen King should write a story about it somehow.)

Anyway hope to see you on here again at some point (Redacted), I enjoy your posts.

Imconfused

Wow.  I thought you guys all left but you are smartly hiding here (from the beastly Art Bell Quits Dark Matter thread).  I am so glad to have found you since the "Quits" is seriously unreadable now.

I guess there's still no news on Eddie Coyle, ha?  I am also very disappointed to have him gone.  He was kind of like a mentor to me and we PMd often.  Is there anything we can do to bring him back?  I think it would be more likely then having Art back.  But MV's probably had enough.  What a shame.  He was my favorite poster here.

The General

Quote from: TequilaMB on November 25, 2013, 04:00:08 PM
Gluten-free people who have no medical reason to be gluten-free demanding a gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner at my house even though I'll be buying all of the ingredients and doing all of the cooking.

Vegan people doing the exact same thing.

Having to tell them both to find somewhere else to eat because I've got too many other things to do to worry about spending time, energy and money on this unnecessary bullshit.

This is what happens when precious snowflakes grow up.
I have a plan for fighting this...
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=2023.msg172897#msg172897

ItsOver

Quote from: Imconfused on November 26, 2013, 02:09:26 AM
Wow.  I thought you guys all left but you are smartly hiding here (from the beastly Art Bell Quits Dark Matter thread).  I am so glad to have found you since the "Quits" is seriously unreadable now.

I guess there's still no news on Eddie Coyle, ha?  I am also very disappointed to have him gone.  He was kind of like a mentor to me and we PMd often.  Is there anything we can do to bring him back?  I think it would be more likely then having Art back.  But MV's probably had enough.  What a shame.  He was my favorite poster here.

A lot of us miss Eddie.  I was very sorry to see his relationship here fall apart.  Sardondi hasn't been posting much, either.  Those two made a good pair.  They gave the site a needed "edge."  The AB quits thread keeps deteriorating into an elementary school playground. 

The whole Thanksgiving circus cluster fuck, including Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Small Business Saturday, stupid in laws, loud drunk fuckheads, whiners complaining about travel problems due to weather and ...  I could go on for fifteen pages.

What I am thankful for then?

I'm thankful when it's fucking over. That's what I'm bloody thankful for.

But other than that, Happy Turkey Day ever' body!

Oh, yes.

onan

life is hell with nothing to be thankful for.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 26, 2013, 05:37:13 PM
The whole Thanksgiving circus cluster fuck, including Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Small Business Saturday, stupid in laws, loud drunk fuckheads, whiners complaining about travel problems due to weather and ...  I could go on for fifteen pages.

Oh, yes.

Turkey genocide day.  Imagine if it were the other way around?  Zombie turkeys hiding behind corners, a fork in one hand and a bowl of stuffing in the other....

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on November 26, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
life is hell with nothing to be thankful for.

Well, I guess you've come to the right place so as not to disturb your paradigm.

The General

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 26, 2013, 05:37:13 PM

Oh, yes.
I love Thanksgiving. 
What did we slaughter the Indians for if we aren't going to eat their turkeys?
You better start getting thankful, pilgrim, or we're sending in the troops.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 26, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
Turkey genocide day.  Imagine if it were the other way around?  Zombie turkeys hiding behind corners, a fork in one hand and a bowl of stuffing in the other....

I'm going to forward that to Pixar. I'm of the opinion they need a strong reboot in a fresh direction.

Quote from: The General on November 26, 2013, 05:46:55 PM
I love Thanksgiving. 
What did we slaughter the Indians for if we aren't going to eat their turkeys?

I always forget that fact.

Which begs the question, wouldn't it be more logical to eat bison for Thanksgiving?

Logical perhaps if there were enough left...

ItsOver

Quote from: Philosopher on November 26, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

Ah, if only. 

[attachimg=1]

TequilaMB

Quote from: The General on November 26, 2013, 02:09:32 PM
I have a plan for fighting this...
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=2023.msg172897#msg172897

You SHOULD do this! Link it to global warming, increased risk of heart disease or find evidence that all those leftover glutens get fed to puppies and the puppies have an increased risk of obesity or something.

According to Alex Jones, FEMA has ordered 20,000,000,000,000,000 bodybags for glutens and are building thousands of underground gluten prison camps. Gluten free Thanksgiving is a false flag operation. He's even changed the name of his website to Gluten Planet while John B Unwell is now offering gluten detectors on his Caravan to Wheat website.

Hey, Unscreened... can I ask what movie that picture in your avatar comes from?  Is it Wings of Desire?

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 26, 2013, 07:13:14 PM
Hey, Unscreened... can I ask what movie that picture in your avatar comes from?  Is it Wings of Desire?

Yes, it is. Great movie, one of my favorites. Have you seen it?

Caravan to Wheat Website!!!!

Hahahahahahaha...

TequilaMB

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 26, 2013, 07:08:12 PM
According to Alex Jones, FEMA has ordered 20,000,000,000,000,000 bodybags for glutens and are building thousands of underground gluten prison camps. Gluten free Thanksgiving is a false flag operation. He's even changed the name of his website to Gluten Planet while John B Unwell is now offering gluten detectors on his Caravan to Wheat website.

Best idea ever! The General should definitely use this idea in his mockumentary. Then we wait to see how long before someone swears it's all true because they saw it in a documentary on Netflix.

Cynnie

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 04:26:21 AM
Thanks.  Your posts are quite hilarious, and I enjoy them.

But.  That's what I get for talking to people and trusting people.  Who gives a shit if people are just going to fuck with me.
Sorry.  My mood has gone south.  I do not enjoy being the butt of someone's petty games.  Fuck this shit.  Fuck skype. 

I don't want to talk to anyone for a while.  Sorry.  I tried.  I gave it a good try.

Thanks for all the laughs zeebo.  You're really funny.

Whoa ! What happened ? Redacted you're awesome

Cynnie

Quote from: jazmunda on November 24, 2013, 01:26:53 AM
It's never as bad as we imagine it is. Stay strong.

Honest ..i do stupid terrible shit alllll the time and no one has yet shivved me in the shower ..

Cynnie

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 26, 2013, 07:08:12 PM

Alex jones is a wheezing windbag

jazmunda

Quote from: Cynnie on November 26, 2013, 08:42:21 PM
Honest ..i do stupid terrible shit alllll the time and no one has yet shivved me in the shower ..

Well then you're just showering in the wrong places. ;)

bateman

MSNBC & Fox are both fucking insufferable.

onan

Quote from: bateman on November 26, 2013, 10:15:23 PM

I pretty much agree. And it is a shame, there is so much potential. And almost, if not all of it, squandered to the lowest common denominator.

bateman

Quote from: onan on November 26, 2013, 10:17:15 PM
I pretty much agree. And it is a shame, there is so much potential. And almost, if not all of it, squandered to the lowest common denominator.

Tonight I flipped on MSNBC to see SANDRA FLUKE is a contributor? Sandra Fluke, whose claim to fame was being called a slut. And over on Fox, bloated Karl Rove is showing O'Reilly some chart he drew up. Quality programming, guys.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 26, 2013, 07:46:49 PM
Yes, it is. Great movie, one of my favorites. Have you seen it?

I haven't seen the movie yet but should, I am sure... I hear nothing but praise for it, and the title keeps crossing my path, so it seems that perhaps the cosmos are trying to tell me something. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: stevesh on November 25, 2013, 09:03:02 AM
Unfortunately, we won't know unless she tells us, and she owes it to those of us who enjoyed her posts (and her podcast appearance) to do so. The whole thing seems a little drama-queenish to me, and I wouldn't have expected that from [redacted].

Since I am a classy person, I will not say publicly.  I'm over it.   8)

gbneely

Quote from: bateman on November 26, 2013, 10:22:08 PM
Tonight I flipped on MSNBC to see SANDRA FLUKE is a contributor? Sandra Fluke, whose claim to fame was being called a slut. And over on Fox, bloated Karl Rove is showing O'Reilly some chart he drew up. Quality programming, guys.

Karl Rove makes my ass crave buttermilk. I couldn't care less for Sandra Fluke either.

Heather Wade

The worst part is, there's plenty of people just drinking that shit up everyday.   ::)

FallenSeraph

Restless Legs Syndrome is annoying.  >:(

Agonizing, even.

zeebo

I think I saw some study that said something like both Fox and MSNBC were each more than 50% pure opinion.  CNN was proud that they were like only 35% opinion.  Moral of the story, seek out independent news sources my peeps.