• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on November 21, 2013, 12:57:29 PM

Nighttime in the Jazmunda household.

What are you implying?

I can assure you that the plumbing works.

This is a more brutally accurate summation of nighttime in the Jazmunda household:

I've said too much.

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 03:06:41 PM
What are you implying?

I can assure you that the plumbing works.

This is a more brutally accurate summation of nighttime in the Jazmunda household:

I've said too much.

Yeah, but thanks for that sweet, tasteful coq pic in my email this morning, Jaz.   ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 03:20:06 PM
Yeah, but thanks for that sweet, tasteful coq pic in my email this morning, Jaz.   ;D

I aim to appease. :)

Cynnie

Quote from: jazmunda on November 20, 2013, 10:09:37 PM
Is it wrong that I get a little bit of a MILF lesbian vibe from the Doctor and the Nurse?

My mind is really in the gutter today.

Carry on.

Shit , i hate trying to post sleepy

Quote from: BobGrau on November 21, 2013, 06:50:23 AM
I always assumed it was disappointment with the magazine she was reading.

Haw Haw Haw!  I have never been able to find a personally fulfilling article in any magazine... ::)

Heather Wade

Fucking maint man waking me up to install smoke alarms.  Fucker.  I have them already.   >:( 

gbneely

Assholes who can't figure out a four-way stop.

zeebo

Quote from: MV on November 22, 2013, 02:50:33 PM
fuck lunchables.

It's such a conspiracy, for real!  I've been hearing for years how there's little or no inflation, but I'm convinced the way they've been keeping relatively low prices is by cutting back on quantity & quality both.  Slightly smaller packages, more fillers, etc.  For instance I think they're pumping more air into ice cream and stuff like that.  And some will disagree, but I remember back in the 70's/80's when fast food places actually had some food in them, but now they're filled with so much junk filler and chemicals to keep the prices low.  What a scam.  I want some real food not some friggin lunchable phony!

McPhallus

Quote from: gbneely on November 22, 2013, 03:15:28 PM
Assholes who can't figure out a four-way stop.

Those turnabout things are fucking annoying.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 22, 2013, 12:18:52 PM
Fucking maint man waking me up to install smoke alarms.  Fucker.  I have them already.   >:(

Fuck maintenance men who never show up at all. We had an appt. for them to fix the boiler between 10 and noon yesterday, and they still haven't shown up.  No phone calls, nothing.  We've called them several times and left messages, and they can't be bothered to call back.  >:(

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2013, 04:39:15 PM
It's such a conspiracy, for real!  I've been hearing for years how there's little or no inflation...

Part of that is the way the federal government measures inflation - it is intentionally always higher than what they claim, due to the way it's calculated.  There has also been some offsetting deflation in some sectors of their calculations (like new home prices).

Part of it is because we've been offshoring production to low cost countries - which keeps costs lower than they would be otherwise

Part of it is because all those Trillions of new dollars the Fed has printed up are sitting in corporate bank deposits and not being circulated currently - if and when the economy picks up, those dollars will begin to come flying out and we will have massive inflation unless the Fed somehow stops and reverses dollar creation before that.

It's such a conspiracy, for real!  I've been hearing for years how there's little or no inflation, but I'm convinced the way they've been keeping relatively low prices is by cutting back on quantity & quality both.  Slightly smaller packages, more fillers, etc.  For instance I think they're pumping more air into ice cream and stuff like that.  And some will disagree, but I remember back in the 70's/80's when fast food places actually had some food in them, but now they're filled with so much junk filler and chemicals to keep the prices low.  What a scam.  I want some real food not some friggin lunchable phony!

I agree, Zeebo, about the smaller portions.  I know that when you're a kid, everything seems bigger, but I can remember getting a new comic book and a five or ten-cent box of candy -- say, something like "Bosted Baked Beans" or "Jr. Mints". (Yeah, I'm old....)  Anyway, that box of Jr. Mints seemed damn near bottomless as a kid.  Now, I open up a box and they're gone in about two minutes. 

Heck, maybe when we're kids, we pop one into our mouths and nurse it for five minutes...  But it sure seems like we get waaaay less product than we used to get.

Juan

Neither the price of food nor the price of gasoline is included in the consumer price index.  Thus, price changes in them does not show up in the rate of inflation.

People who say "you know?" after everything.

eddie dean

So depressing! :-\ :(

[attachimg=1]

We have to go through the waiting game, again.
Maybe tomorrow I can adjust my perspective to hopeful,  but today the countdown clock sucks!!

Heather Wade

Dude.  It's 10 oz of espresso roast per can these days, used to be 16.  I have noticed smaller packages, as well as that god awful hfcs in every damn thing on the shelf.  Poor quality all around at the grocery anymore.  Not to mention everyone shopping in those sweatpants with the hole in the... ahem.

It's a pain in the ass, and it's alot of work, but I've converted to cooking everything from scratch.  Made all the difference.  Hella dishes though. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 22, 2013, 05:11:02 PM
Fuck maintenance men who never show up at all. We had an appt. for them to fix the boiler between 10 and noon yesterday, and they still haven't shown up.  No phone calls, nothing.  We've called them several times and left messages, and they can't be bothered to call back.  >:(

The boiler, at this time of year?  Geez, you'd think they'd be on that.  Fuckers.  Not returning calls - there's a huge annoyance right there.  When did this become acceptable behavior in business??

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the guy to come and fix the fridge.  They say Monday.  I said, "I don't believe you anymore."   >:(

Then this morning, the smoke alarms.  Which, of course, must be a conspiracy to see inside my place now that I am moved in (lol, but, still).  I completed a four page walk through on the first day.  They knew I had the damn smoke alarms.  Just more lost sleep.  Grrrrr.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 22, 2013, 09:24:44 PM
The boiler, at this time of year?  Geez, you'd think they'd be on that.  Fuckers.  Not returning calls - there's a huge annoyance right there.  When did this become acceptable behavior in business??

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the guy to come and fix the fridge.  They say Monday.  I said, "I don't believe you anymore."   >:(

Then this morning, the smoke alarms.  Which, of course, must be a conspiracy to see inside my place now that I am moved in (lol, but, still).  I completed a four page walk through on the first day.  They knew I had the damn smoke alarms.  Just more lost sleep.  Grrrrr.

Luckily, it's been nice and warm here, in the high 60s and mid 70s. There are also alternative heat sources.  It's just that the boiler has developed a leak and is seeping water in the basement.  But, yeah, I don't know when it became acceptable to treat customers this way.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on November 22, 2013, 06:59:24 PM
So depressing! :-\ :(

[attachimg=1]

We have to go through the waiting game, again.
Maybe tomorrow I can adjust my perspective to hopeful,  but today the countdown clock sucks!!

The countdown clock is nice and all but if Art actually returns in 2 years I will print out this page and eat it live and exclusive to Bellgab.com.

Usagi

I am the direct supervisor of two of the most annoying fucks ever to breathe.  They suck and make my job more difficult, but not so badly that I can fire them.  I would also feel bad if I did, because I'm weak, so I live with it.  I also hired them - good job, Usagi!  Oh, but I hate them.  Perhaps they would improve and be less derpy with inspiring leadership and effective training.  From me?  Fuck that.

Jobs suck.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 22, 2013, 09:14:06 PM
Dude.  It's 10 oz of espresso roast per can these days, used to be 16.  I have noticed smaller packages, as well as that god awful hfcs in every damn thing on the shelf.  Poor quality all around at the grocery anymore.  Not to mention everyone shopping in those sweatpants with the hole in the... ahem.

It's a pain in the ass, and it's alot of work, but I've converted to cooking everything from scratch.  Made all the difference.  Hella dishes though.

Yeah for sure!  Sometimes I make stuff from scratch, like real tacos, because I just can't handle all that fake stuff.  I think that real food should only have a handful of ingredients, not a rolling list of various chemicals and fillers and fake taste enhancers.  And yeah, that dreaded HFCS is the worst (along with MSG and friggin trans-fats), it's infected so many foods I've lost count. 

Heather Wade

Rock stations that are confused and throw in occasional rap.   >:(  Wtf are they thinking?  Isn't it called a "format"?  Stick to the format!!! 

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 12:55:36 AM
Damned if I do, damned if I don't.   :'(

I know the feeling. Did you not read the fine print?

Heather Wade

MV, just delete every post I've ever made.   :-[

Nova

Why do you say that, I can see all your posts.

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 01:12:16 AM
MV, just delete every post I've ever made.   :-[

I hope that wasn't as a result of what I just said. I was sympathizing with you and trying to lighten up the situation. Cheer up. You have friends here.  :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on November 24, 2013, 01:21:04 AM
I hope that wasn't as a result of what I just said. I was sympathizing with you and trying to lighten up the situation. Cheer up. You have friends here.  :)

Nah, I've done something wrong, and don't know what.  If that's the case, I shouldn't be talking to people.  I'm sorry.  I'll go away for a while and no one has to worry about it.  Sorry, guys, just don't know what to say.  I fucked up.  Somehow.  Laters. 

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 24, 2013, 01:22:24 AM
Nah, I've done something wrong, and don't know what.  If that's the case, I shouldn't be talking to people.  I'm sorry.  I'll go away for a while and no one has to worry about it.  Sorry, guys, just don't know what to say.  I fucked up.  Somehow.  Laters.

It's never as bad as we imagine it is. Stay strong.