• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 16, 2013, 09:29:49 PM
Cool AV!

Thanks, amigo. I was just about to post "Oliver Reed in Curse of The Werewolf" under the things that give me joy thread. The guy wore Seinfeld's puffy shirt for God's sake.  It's a great old film and the final moments still track so well.

The movie as a whole is also an appropriate analogy for dating. Heh.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 16, 2013, 09:58:34 PM
The movie as a whole is also an appropriate analogy for dating. Heh.
Sort of like Neil Jordan's A Company of Wolves ?

FallenSeraph

Another year, another interview with Santa, another uplifting(ish) Christmas story for the good newspaper readers of Memphis. They should have let some not-so-jaded youngster take on this assignment this year. I just don't feel like I have it in me.

Anyone have any questions for Santa? Mine are all worn out by now. I've got a phone interview with him at 3 p.m.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 17, 2013, 11:58:51 AM
Another year, another interview with Santa, another uplifting(ish) Christmas story for the good newspaper readers of Memphis. They should have let some not-so-jaded youngster take on this assignment this year. I just don't feel like I have it in me.

Anyone have any questions for Santa? Mine are all worn out by now. I've got a phone interview with him at 3 p.m.

Dear Santa:

Which children are the most grateful?

Which simply expect?

When is a good time to sweep the chimney?

Don't kiss my mum; just don't, okay?

Can I have a new desktop printer please...the fucking one I have has decided it doesn't recognise the magenta cartridge in it..half way through printing...  :'(

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 17, 2013, 12:09:01 PM
Dear Santa:
. . .

Don't kiss my mum; just don't, okay?

Can I have a new desktop printer please...the fucking one I have has decided it doesn't recognise the magenta cartridge in it..half way through printing...  :'(

**laughs

. . . and wanders off to find a writers' forum. Sweet little old ladies there, writing poems about their cats.

[attachimg=1]

Juan

Do you really get as many hot women as Playboy used to depict?

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 17, 2013, 12:36:13 PM
. . . and wanders off to find a writers' forum. Sweet little old ladies there, writing poems about their cats.

Thats horrible. It makes me really fear buying a home from an old lady.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Juan on December 17, 2013, 03:35:14 PM
Do you really get as many hot women as Playboy used to depict?

LOL

georgesucks

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 17, 2013, 12:36:13 PM
**laughs

[attachimg=1]
That pics looks like Casio's place with all of those cats. BTW cats annoy me a lot because they are weird. Im more of a dog person. For your info, Casio got banned from http://darkmatterxm.com/  I guess that he just loves to get banned for forums.

bateman

Quote from: c337pilot on December 17, 2013, 08:14:43 PM
That pics looks like Casio's place with all of those cats. BTW cats annoy me a lot because they are weird. Im more of a dog person. For your info, Casio got banned from http://darkmatterxm.com/  I guess that he just loves to get banned for forums.

Hahahaha, why was that?

georgesucks

Quote from: bateman on December 17, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
Hahahaha, why was that?
The same reason that he was banned from this forum.

McPhallus

How drunk do you plan to get before heading to work?

aldousburbank

Quote from: c337pilot on December 17, 2013, 08:14:43 PM
I fucking miss Casio. Think of him every time I run the dryer. Mean it!

georgesucks

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 17, 2013, 08:26:37 PM
I fucking miss Casio. Think of him every time I run the dryer. Mean it!
He is different.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: c337pilot on December 17, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
He is different.

I miss him too and I barely knew him. Why'd he get banned from this forum?

jazmunda

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 17, 2013, 08:50:15 PM
I miss him too and I barely knew him. Why'd he get banned from this forum?

Something to do with naming and stalking his high school crush.

I miss the Japanese laundromat surveillance camera videos. Anyone know where I can get my daily fix? I'll make it worth your while.

bateman

Quote from: Philosopher on December 17, 2013, 10:29:57 PM
Here we go again.  Better tell your kids not to hug anyone, especially female teachers.  Boy accused of sexual harassment for hugging:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ga-student-suspended-for-year-after-hugging-teacher/

That county is all kinds of fucked up. Coincidentally came across this earlier today:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22706519/georgia-counties-seizing-dui-suspects-blood

jazmunda

Here we go again.  Better tell your kids not to hug anyone, especially female teachers.  Boy accused of sexual harassment for hugging:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ga-student-suspended-for-year-after-hugging-teacher/

I don't see anything wrong with him being disciplined for this. Perhaps the punishment is a tad harsh but you can't just go around and hug people against their will and invade their personal space. If the teacher hugged a student affectionately there would have been a group of people calling for that teachers head. There has to be a line drawn between the affections of students and teachers and it should not be crossed either way.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on December 17, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
I don't see anything wrong with him being disciplined for this. Perhaps the punishment is a tad harsh but you can't just go around and hug people against their will and invade their personal space. If the teacher hugged a student affectionately there would have been a group of people calling for that teachers head. There has to be a line drawn between the affections of students and teachers and it should not be crossed either way.

Kids tend to do a lot of stupid things and then learn from the experience.  A hug (wanted or not) seems rather benign to me.  This is especially disconcerting because the "sexual harasser" label will follow him for the rest of his life.  If he hugged a male teacher would that also be "sexual harassment"?  I don't think so.

jazmunda

Quote from: Philosopher on December 17, 2013, 10:48:08 PM

Kids tend to do a lot of stupid things and then learn from the experience.  A hug (wanted or not) seems rather benign to me.  This is especially disconcerting because the "sexual harasser" label will follow him for the rest of his life.  If he hugged a male teacher would that also be "sexual harassment"?  I don't think so.

Re: male teacher probably not. But if he did kiss the teachers neck then that is very unwarranted and deserves a punishment. Is he a sexual harasser in the traditional sense? No but he shouldn't expect no consequences for those actions.

I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not going to go off the deep end on this...But, that does not appear to be a "benign hug" to me.  A hug is not from behind, with an arm across the front of the neck, while "nuzzling" the back of the neck.  At first I thought it was one of those Onion skits-although not a very funny one.  All in one's perception.

The fact that she was his teacher...nope, nope, nope.  Off the deep end area there.  From the way she pushed him away, it appears that this unwanted contact has happened before.  And not on camera.

Punishment too harsh?  Dunno'.  Ask someone who has been raped how she OR he was held down. 

OK, I lied.  That was over the deep end.  But it's a subject...well, nevermind.  I'm done now.

wr250

Quote from: McPhallus on December 17, 2013, 08:20:54 PM
How drunk do you plan to get before heading to work?

and can i have some of that magic dust you use to make the reindeer fly ?

some magic dust for santa, some for the reindeer, some more for santa,  a wee bit more for the reindeer ...

Quote from: Treading Water on December 18, 2013, 06:05:38 AM
I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not going to go off the deep end on this...But, that does not appear to be a "benign hug" to me.  A hug is not from behind, with an arm across the front of the neck, while "nuzzling" the back of the neck.  At first I thought it was one of those Onion skits-although not a very funny one.  All in one's perception.

The fact that she was his teacher...nope, nope, nope.  Off the deep end area there.  From the way she pushed him away, it appears that this unwanted contact has happened before.  And not on camera.

Punishment too harsh?  Dunno'.  Ask someone who has been raped how she OR he was held down. 

OK, I lied.  That was over the deep end.  But it's a subject...well, nevermind.  I'm done now.

concur

FallenSeraph

It's a hard call because we don't know the context of their relationship, meaning had they hugged before or was he frequently making uninvited physical contact with her? Just speaking as a female, it looked a little creepy to me. A hug from behind like that can be off-putting if it's from someone you're not used to sharing personal space with.

When I was in kindergarten, I was fascinated with the hair on my (female) teacher's arms. She had big hairy gorilla arms and I kept reaching out to touch them whenever she was near, I guess trying to figure out why her arms were so hairy compared to all the other women in my five-year-old life. I eventually got sent to the principal's office and they called in my mom. We had a big discussion about how we don't touch teachers. I think it's still a good rule.

Sucks that I was kind of a creepy little kid in that instance. And apparently arm-waxing wasn't a thing in the '70s.

Sometimes I'll use that incident to gain perspective for waxing appointments: "Is anything on my visible body hairy enough to frighten or fascinate a child?"

I am a shrink's wildest dream come true.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 18, 2013, 09:10:22 AM
It's a hard call because we don't know the context of their relationship, meaning had they hugged before or was he frequently making uninvited physical contact with her?

I know very well the mother of a teacher (head of department now, but the school has 11-18 year olds) and on the last day at the end of the school year a 17 year old youth made a bee line for her in the corridor...at a few yards away he threw his arms out and shouted 'Miss P, I've wanted to do this all year'...She quickly side stepped him and stopped it going any further, and his embarrassed friends quickly ushered him away..She's a greatly respected teacher (which is why she's now head of department), and as she says, teachers have to be watching their backs all the time; because one day they could be accused of being bullies, and the next accused of taking advantage of their position and have affairs with the pupils. Not a job I'd like to do, even if I was able.

b_dubb

I was at a high school event recently and 16 year old boy went up to his attractive, middle aged high school teacher and gave her a hug.  I would advise her to put a stop to that.  High school boys don't hug their male teachers.  It just seemed very odd.  I doubt I've ever hugged a teacher.  Ever.  Well when I was in school.  I've dated a couple of teachers but I wasn't in high school in the time.

bateman

Quote from: b_dubb on December 18, 2013, 09:34:20 AM
I was at a high school event recently and 16 year old boy went up to his attractive, middle aged high school teacher and gave her a hug.  I would advise her to put a stop to that.  High school boys don't hug their male teachers.  It just seemed very odd.  I doubt I've ever hugged a teacher.  Ever.  Well when I was in school.  I've dated a couple of teachers but I wasn't in high school in the time.

You were a pretty advanced middle schooler.